Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Great win ! Really a great win ! Very intense match that I really enjoyed. No complaints today at all. Hopefully we build on this.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s a shame it can’t be like this every match, but it never is. Losing to City won’t be a disgrace but you still expect us to put on a shitshow against Everton.

Robbie Boy

Very good performance. Hopefully we can gather some semblance of consistency now. A draw on Sat would be a good place to start.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Superb game today, and deserves full credit when we play like this, just as we have criticised him when we lose.

My single qualm is I worry he tries too hard to protect a lead (psychologically thinking we can't hold on to one).. And it brings the opposition on to us as a result.

But sub aside he had us playing proper football, we looked organised and in control. He's getting a tune out of Fred, McTominay looks great next to him and Rashford is a completely different player on the left. Greenwood was a very good partner and we Lingard is far superior to Pereira.

Well done Ole. Big game manager, now just maintain consistency against smaller sides. Long way to go but this is really encouraging from a performance angle.

RUCK4444

Great performance

Excellent pressing (a MUST going forward)

Playing youth

Team really turned up and played for the manager when it really mattered (when was the last time we could really say that)

Good counter attacking

Fred improving slowly under Ole

POSITIVES PEOPLE POSITIVES.

This is why I back him, there are glimpses of what might, just might be.

Back him, he’s one of our own

fps

Regardless of it being a win, I've enjoyed watching Man Utd the past few matches far more than anything since SAF. There's potential, there's effort, there's a togetherness and vibrancy to the players, even if some of them aren't of the level. But they'll go, and better players will come in.

prateik

He needs a proper squad. Judging him on this is absurd.
Every time we have close to a full strength XI, we have looked good.

Every time we have struggled, we have been really weak.

Pogba has missed half the season. Shaw has missed over 3 months. AWB was out for about a month. Martial has missed about 2 months..

McT missed the last 2 games which cost us..

He has been given a broken squad.

Woodward keeps fecking up and the manager is always the fall guy.

Walters_19_MuFc

As I said before, when it comes to big games, his record is amazing.

Didn't really give Spurs a sniff today.

Against the so called 'lesser' teams, though, we need more quality that we'll hopefully invest in Jan/summer.

LJJT

Can we put the myth to bed now he can’t do tactics, I am so happy for him tonight that was a fantastic performance utterly brilliant first 30 mins. Ole got it all correct. Let’s support the team and ole now I am sick of the ole slagging

cyberman

His split striker formation is really effective against the top sides. Fair play

Judas

Open to offers
I’m not changing my mind off the back of this game, this was typical of us against better opposition.

No doubt there will be flip flopping after tonight though.

Just hope we can do this performance more often against lesser sides, there’s no logic as to why we can’t.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So are the #OleOUT mafia devastated that we won? :lol:

Im a massive Mourinho admirer and still annoyed he was sacked, but fcuk him: all aboard the train with Ole at the wheel!

Saw alot to be very hopeful about. Lots of consistent patterns in possession, Fred and McTominay playing like seasoned midfielders, Rashford and James with real mutual understanding. All the things we hope for in a developing team.

By definition, this team cant repeat this performance all the time, that consistent will take time, but its very heartening to know that we have these types of performances in the repertoire.

izec

That was a great win to be fair. Next game will be important though. We need to continue on winning and gaining points, this today was good, but it means nothing a few weeks down the line if we win one out of 4 games.

SteveW

Im a massive Mourinho admirer and still annoyed he was sacked, but fcuk him: all aboard the train with Ole at the wheel!

Saw alot to be very hopeful about. Lots of consistent patterns in possession, Fred and McTominay playing like seasoned midfielders, Rashford and James with real mutual understanding. All the things we hope for in a developing team.

By definition, this team cant repeat this performance all the time, that consistent will take time, but its very heartening to know that we have these types of performances in the repertoire.
Bit more squad depth and we'll be good. Ole is well able for it.

Flexdegea

Brilliant tonight.

Needed that performance.

For all the Ole out he can kept getting then performances out of the team in big games shows he hasnt got close to losing control or the players

You'd have to be a right weirdo not to want Ole to turn it around so I very much doubt it.

A step forward tonight so hopefully it won't be followed by two steps back. I knew as soon as I saw the team selection that we'd look miles better tonight, balance and no filling holes with Andreas rather than just playing the best available players that also give balance.

Backrow Singer

It is now time for one half of the supporters to come out the woodwork and give it the old “I told you so”. When we lose our next game the other half will come out of the woodwork and will give it the old “I told you so”.

Status
Not open for further replies.