Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Ole has no tactical knowledge? Hmmmm

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Seeing as Ole’s started comparing himself to Klopp with whole time and 4 years thing. Klopp at Pool.

1st took over Oct part season- Europa and league cup finals
1st whole season - CL qualification
2nd season- CL final
3rd season - CL, 97 points
4th season - Premier league

zenith

I believe he does have tactical acumen, has the squad behind him and is not afraid to read the riot act but I'd genuinely like to know how often he has managed to play with his first choice 11 this season.

That line up being, de gea, AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, shaw, Mctominay, Fred, Pogba, James, rashford, Martial.

How many times this season have we managed to step out onto the pitch with these 11 guys?

He's naive in the sense that he believed that the club could get a lukaku replacement and another midfielder before the summer window closed but it's a tad harsh to judge the guy and his tactical ability when the season is so tragically bad in terms of key injuries.

Rashford in a sense was the last remaining hope to salvage something from the season but even he's out.

Also, not sure if counter attacking is our plan all the time. What he seems to have in mind is a direct game plan that is predicated on CB that play the ball out while full backs cover for them. A high energy midfield can presses high up the pitch, allowing CB to step up and pace up front to run between the lines and create space for the no. 10 and wide forwards.

I just hope that we can see a run of 3 games under ole with a full strength team, before we sack him.

Fitchett

I think I remember one match under Moyes at OT where we lost but had something like 70 plus crosses in the box that day (or something like that - remember white shirts somFulham or maybe Swansea....) spot on with the Moyes comment
It was 81 crosses, against Fulham, but according to the BBC, only 18 found a team mate. That's nearly one cross every minute.
To demonstrate the stupidity of Moyes' tactics that day, Fulham had a 6' 7" central defender, Dan Burn.
Our strikers weren't the tallest, van Persie and Rooney, with Hernandez coming on as a sub. Not like having a peak Andy Carroll or Peter Crouch to aim for.
Fulham were managed then by our ex coach, Rene Meulensteen, who described United's tactics as "straightforward".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26120927

izec

He is a joke :lol:

I dont think he wants us to look at Klopp, we would have to sack him this evening if Ed did. With time, all his statements will look worse and worse.

Foxbatt

Counter attack football is not a style of play, we should be ashamed of saying it as a club like united. If he is using the counter attack football because he has no players then he should be fired. He should implement his ideas of the attacking football he promised the fans of even with shitty players. We see managers around the word try to show their style of football with their teams disregard to the players quality, Poch in Espanyol and Southampton and early Spurs, Klopp in early BVB and early Liverpool. Everybody saw what they were doing. But Ole, what is his style? It is sit back and wait for the other team to lose the ball and counter attack and that is disgraceful to build a team around.
Wasn't it Swansea and later Wigan that Martinez played a passing game? Yes they lost a lot too due to lack of quality players but he stuck to it. And even won a Cup though Wigan got relegated. Ask anyone of those players and the fans they would say the Cup and relegation compared to staying in the PL and no cup.

Revaulx

Why on earth get Fellaini then? The point of having him is putting balls into the box towards him.
If he wanted him to play like prime Xavi then I guess he was truely clueless.
I’m absolutely certain that fans wouldn’t have had such a negative view of Fellaini had he been used correctly in his first season. If he’d been creating havoc in the oppo box he’d soon have carved out a niche as a cult hero. As it was he was utterly useless and got inextricably linked with Moyes’ failure. When he started to perform properly under LvG it was too late to save his reputation, sadly.

LJJT

Jericholyte2

his first Window he’d just been put in as caretaker manager, correct, this is his 3rd and the window isn’t shut yet. If you’d bring back any of the players he sold then your correct, your no professor
He was never getting any kind of funds for the January when he was still caretaker.

Kostur

海尔的老板
his first Window he’d just been put in as caretaker manager, correct, this is his 3rd and the window isn’t shut yet. If you’d bring back any of the players he sold then your correct, your no professor
Oh for feck's sake.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
feck me. Since he took over as permanent manager, we're 2 points off 17th. And closer to the relegation zone than top 4. 42 points from 32 games is a horrendous return.
That's insane. I had no idea his stats were so bad. How does he still have a job?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Liverpool apparently have a coach for throw ins they happened to poach from Midtjylland.

You can chop and change players, managers but when you're competing against that level of attention to detail it might take 5 years to even reach where they are now if starting earnestly today.

Greck

Liverpool apparently have a coach for throw ins they happened to poach from Midtjylland.

You can chop and change players, managers but when you're competing against that level of attention to detail it might take 5 years to even reach where they are now if starting earnestly today.
When he says the others don't play proper football you just know he's covering his ass for not being able to coach that level of football. We'll continue with our dinosaur kick and rush tactics

Yagami

Good post resistant
With moyes there was a feeling everyday that he'd be sacked as we were fairly ambitious back then seeing as we had a very good team. Now it's a different feeling. You don't feel as if solskjaer will get the sack as it wouldnt solve all that much
I actually didn't feel like Moyes would get sacked either. The fact that Sir Alex chose him, and he lasted as long as he did despite everything pointing from, well, minute 1 that this was a mistake, made me think that he was here to stay.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He's tightening his own rope. His fans has been giving him excuses and way out and he closed them himself.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing. Not that it matters, when you're not winning anything you'd say would be twisted. Hence they never wrote bad shit about fergie, pep, klopp once they start winning.

hobbers

Definitely seems this job turns weak people into gibbering morons in front of a microphone.

You can't really account for all the ridiculous, deluded or brainless things that Moyes trotted out and the same is happening with Ole.

What the hell is this new PR guy even doing :lol: . If the Glazers are serious about keeping Ole long term to be the friendly face of the club being dismantled then they need this guy spending long hours teaching Ole how to stop saying stupid shit.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What makes me sick is this belief that you need a great friend of players to play a proper system . Yeah player quality is important to be in a title race but lots of clubs across leagues play a good system of football without having 50 million footballers across the pitch . Sheffield United have almost the same number of points as us and play a system of football better than us with a bunch of players no one has heard of . Just play a bunch of big players and hope for the best defeats the purpose of a manager
It's only a matter of time now though, he is going to get sacked in February I think

Womp

idiot
Good. He is taking responsibility instead of hiding like the cowards we had before.
I'd hardly say he's taking responsibility. The guy has been playing the patience card and the 'look at Liverpool!' etc. cards for a while now. He's trying to deflect his failures but trying to sell the future to us, even though most would argue the reason the current is so shit is cause of him.

That quote is him simply just saying he agrees with the system in place, which in my honest opinion isn't a good thing. The direction and system we have in place is shite, it's why we've spent a feck ton of money and are still shit, almost 10 years later.

jlecesne

Kinda makes it sounds like he’s in for the long haul. Or at least he thinks he is

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'd hardly say he's taking responsibility. The guy has been playing the patience card and the 'look at Liverpool!' etc. cards for a while now. He's trying to deflect his failures but trying to sell the future to us, even though most would argue the reason the current is so shit is cause of him.

That quote is him simply just saying he agrees with the system in place, which in my honest opinion isn't a good thing. The direction and system we have in place is shite, it's why we've spent a feck ton of money and are still shit, almost 10 years later.
At least he isn't hiding behind structure and transfers. He said every player signed is with his approval and structure is good. So if he fails it's on him. That's taking responsibility.

Web of Bissaka

Next interview/press-conference,
Can someone from the press ask him about his "tactics" and "style of play" so we can once and for all be clear on what his plan actually is.

Ask difficult question like
- is the ongoing overall bad results actually due to his strategy and decision making.
- Lingard have been contributing shit nothing... so why?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The man is out of his depth. He's literally learning on the job like its a nursery and thats not what a club like United should've let happen.

No point getting rid now feck it. Leave him there until summer.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Was listening to Talksport and they basically said a club of Manchester United prestige should not be playing counter attacking football. That is the sort of football a newly promoted or lower league club play against the big boys.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This is embarassing. Regardless of Ole keeping his job or not but having no new players is already screwing the potential next manager.

Do they owners really think we will remain a top-club and generate so much money if this goes for another 5 years? I hope not and don't think so. We don't have a series of bad luck or whatever, we fail to do everything a big club has to do, i doubt the "fans" will stick to this poor work.
Were not a top club anymore and haven't been for a few years. On the field that is.

And with the current manager that's not changing any time soon.

Its quite staggering really how far weve dropped off a cliff but people still have this subconscious expectation that we are a top club that should be fighting for titles.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Good. He is taking responsibility instead of hiding like the cowards we had before.
Im sorry but that's just not true. Call Jose and Louis van Gaal what you want but hide they didn't. I mean they were both fierce in defence of their ethos.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Im sorry but that's just not true. Call Jose and Louis van Gaal what you want but hide they didn't. I mean they were both fierce in defence of their ethos.
They took 0 responsibilities, that's hiding. They just moaned about structure, transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.