Ole Gunnar Solskjaer earns more than Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That’s why you’ve gotta give City so much credit even though they’ve ‘bought the league”. You can have all the money in the world like us and still be absolutely shite.

Kostov

And someone still expects this moron Woodward to make things right? Appalling charlatan that will destroy this club.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Remember, Rooney's reported wages ranged from £300,000 a week to one billion dollars, so 'Ole's £7m' is perhaps divided between OGS & his staff.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It's a fitting salary for the manager of Manchester United. When you're the biggest around, you still pay the largest wage. It makes sense.

Some people here acting as if it's their money.

Cantonaaa!

Hopefully not true.
But what's really disapointing is how the caf and fans have turned on Ole.. give the guy the summer and 6 months at least. There's nothing else out there anyway imo, and he will buy young (not ashley, presumably) so it's not a crisis if he can't turn the corner. We just...go again.

We knew some of the players were rotten, others not good enough.
I also believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that since Ole took over he got the third highest points, behind City and Liverpool only, despite the disasterous form towards the end.

Anyway, who cares what he earns. I'm sure Darmian is on double what he is.

Rant over

Born2Lose

We should sack him and appoint hipster selection de jour De Ligt as Player manager.

Glideman

The responses to this is hilarious, even if it was true - which i doubt, why do you care? Why are you getting so riled up about it? You don't make the salary decisions and nor are you privvy to anyone's contract at any club. Man United fans are hilarious.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The responses to this is hilarious, even if it was true - which i doubt, why do you care? Why are you getting so riled up about it? You don't make the salary decisions and nor are you privvy to anyone's contract at any club. Man United fans are hilarious.
Yup. I remember the days when fans obsessing about player salaries seemed like a new low. Now they’re totting up how much managers are paid. FFS.

Josep Dowling

It's a fitting salary for the manager of Manchester United. When you're the biggest around, you still pay the largest wage. It makes sense.

Some people here acting as if it's their money.
For match going fans it is their money, if you buy a shirt that’s money. If you buy a TV subscription to watch United that’s your money. How can you not see that?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
But.. but.. I thought the Glazers don't like to spend money?

AllezLesDiables

How is it that our club spends money so poorly? The glazers are self made billionaires, it’s not like they’re some idiots born into money, Malcom and his family worked to get to where they are. Surely the ones alive should be looking at what we get for the money we dish out and thinking that there’s something wrong here?

The same holds for Woodward. I presume he got to where he is through being good at what he does, which we can see in the commercial growth of the club which he’s been involved in long before he was CEO. How on earth does he sign off on deals like this? It just makes no sense to me. Even if he doesn’t have a football brain, it doesn’t take a football brain to understand that we vastly overpay for vast underperformance nine times out of ten.
You’d be surprised how poorly run sone of the Fortune 500 companies are run. Most only care if the money is coming in or not. They do not believe in non-tangible improvements or creating a positive work environment.

John Blund

-Seeing Solskjaer at the bench, that sends shivers down your spine. We'll pay whatever he demands.-

Sir Scott McToMinay

Think of it that way.
This is the man who is responsible for the greatest moment in your life as a fan of Manchester United, for those who were around, you’ll never have it as good as that day ever again.

As far as I’m concerned it’s just bonus for that goal.
Think of it that way.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The manager should be the highest paid in the team but with our wage structure that would be suicide

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Wouldn't trust that source, for one thing.

But, seriously, if true - what's so outrageous about it?

Do people expect the manager of Manchester United to make significantly less than those of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea? He's got no credentials, so should be working for three square meals and a pack of fags?

Jose allegedly raked in more than Pep, for what it's worth.

decorativeed

Jesus. I need a job at United. I’d hate them less.

This is going to hurt worse than Moyes. I’ll give this until December until the majority turn.
Nah, you don't. The healthy remuneration stops as soon as you hit the regular jobs. There they pay bare minimum and sign most staff up to fixed term or zero hour contracts.

Enigma_87

You know who
Wouldn't be surprised we don't really pay on merit..

I don't care either way. Under performing on the pitch is a lot worse than couple of millions paid to Ole..

WYRM

Well, to exculpate Woodward a bit here: Imagine how the fans would have reacted if Man United had announced back in late March that Solskjaer would leave the club in the summer because they would not pay him 7 million pounds... after having won against PSG in the CL and 14 of the past 19 matches.

You have to keep in mind when the decision was made to pay Solskjaer that wage.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Call me crazy, but I bloody ‘hope’ he’s a success
There a few on here who will be wishing for United to fail next season if Ole isn’t sacked. How United fans can want Ole to fail as manager of United is totally baffling to me. You can be concerned, you’re allowed to have doubts, but some seem to actually dislike him as manager which is something I’m struggling to understand.

Dion

Klopp signed his contract with Liverpool when exactly?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
For match going fans it is their money, if you buy a shirt that’s money. If you buy a TV subscription to watch United that’s your money. How can you not see that?
You willingly do that. But you can't hold them accountable for it. They're still gonna make money.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
If it's true... Well done!

Still not confirm, however..

Believable story actually... knowing how the club is being run.
But even if it’s true, so what? If Ed thinks he’s worth that, why should it bother fans?

If anything, those who don’t like Ed should be happy because if he has to sack Ole soon United will lose more money, he will look even more clueless and the Glazers might start having second thoughts about him. I don’t get why this is being used to bash the club, if anything this shows future prospective managers that the manager is highly valued at United.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Assuming the article is correct, what difference does it make if Ole earns a higher basic salary than Klopp or any other manager for that matter?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
It's true like the 30 players they said we're going to sign is true.
This articles are written by fat bastards wanking in their bedrooms. Maybe I should become a writer. I am definitely qualified.

Cloud7

You’d be surprised how poorly run sone of the Fortune 500 companies are run. Most only care if the money is coming in or not. They do not believe in non-tangible improvements or creating a positive work environment.
I don’t work in business, so that does come as a genuine surprise to me. I always assumed that self made people would be more sensible about things like this. I guess my assumption was wrong.

ash_86

We make a lot of money. Not a surprise the employees are well paid, epically the most important one.

Status
Not open for further replies.