Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

johanovic

Perhaps it´s just the euphoria after getting rid of Mourinho but I´m going to predict that by the end of may we will be calling for Solskjaer to be given the job permanently. Ole was a keen student of how Fergie went about doing his job, he´s smart and treats people well so I wish him and us all the best going forward. It will be great to hear this at Old Trafford again.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
People keep bringing up his time at Cardiff, but seems to not be aware that he has been a manager/coach for many years now. He's done well in Norway and EL. Won their EL groups over teams like Celtic and Ajax.
He isn't as inexperienced as many on here seem to think.

Personally don't think he has what's required to get the job fulltime next summer, but he can definitely do better than Mourinho, together with Phelan, Carrick and McKenna. He's not alone.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Okay, having watched Ole videos for the last couple of hours, I have concluded we will go unbeaten until June and win the European Cup. :lol:

The Real Treble 99

I said in the interim post yesterday it should be class of 92 or Solksjaer along with Phelan & Muelensteen. 2 out 3, not bad. I still think having Muelensteen would have be an added bonus to the team.

Really looking forward to the matches now cannot wait.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah feck it. Exactly looking forward to watching us play.

Djemba-Djemba

If we lose to PSG, Ole won't bring up our other defeats in Europe and act as though we should be grateful to even qualify for the Champions League that's for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole might not be a tactical mastermind, but he will treat people fairly and with respect.

I don't expect the team to suddenly turn into title winners over night, but as long as we are enjoyable to watch again I will be happy.

Give the next manager a fresh start.

Nogbadthebad

I like the idea behind it.

Someone who knows the club, who knows what fans want to see, and is a popular, proven winner.

If he brings back some excitement to the game he will have done his job, just hope if results don't go our way straight off the bat that the pressure doesn't build on him, because I think that would be unfair.

peridigm

This will either be brilliant or it will go tits up in a hurry. I hope he does well and possible becomes the permanent manager but I've got no expectations it will happen nor will we finish top 4 and or win the CL. If those did happen I'd be elated.

RedDevil@84

I just hope he doesn't get himself fired. He needs to hold on till end of season and finish decently.

nainaisson

Bottom half of the table, here we come.

But at least the players will be happy and enjoy their football. That's all that really matters.

FlapR

Can't get any worse than it is at the moment. Is there any info on how much we've paid Molde?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we lose to PSG, Ole won't bring up our other defeats in Europe and act as though we should be grateful to even qualify for the Champions League that's for sure.
:lol:still cant believe a manager can say that about his own team and get away with it

Tiber

We can only get better under Ole- though it's a very very low bar. Just having a manager that doesn't slag them off in the media will boost several players

Last edited:

johanovic

Ole might not be a tactical mastermind, but he will treat people fairly and with respect.

I don't expect the team to suddenly turn into title winners over night, but as long as we are enjoyable to watch again I will be happy.

Give the next manager a fresh start.
Agree with you that everyone should support the new manager but I would also like to point out that Ole has done well for example in the Europa league with Molde and I think he´s pretty smart tactically. At least the 2 last managers thought they had found the "Holiy Grail" in regards to how to play football but both of them choked in their own arrogance when given the chance to steer Man Utd. It will be refreshing to see a manager that´s loving to be in the job and at least we all know he will give his all and I think he will surprise a lot of people.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Does anyone think this decision was influenced by SAF in anyway?.
I don't think Woodward listens to SAF anymore. Else we would have brought some British manager after Moyes. However, I can see the old man influencing Ole to get Phelan on board. He tried to do the same with Moyesy.

Eric's Seagull

Bottom half of the table, here we come.

But at least the players will be happy and enjoy their football. That's all that really matters.
Don't know if you are joking, serious or being a bit rash here mate:confused: Getting a new guy in might the kick up the ar$e these guys to show they are much better than they have looked all season.

Thisistheone

My overall feelings are excitment and relief. Can't wait for the next game and I'm into football again. It's been a bleak few months.

MDFC Manager

My overall feelings are excitment and relief. Can't wait for the next game and I'm into football again. It's been a bleak few months.
This is true. Already looking forward to the remaining games, despite knowing that top 4 is gone.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Can’t believe some of the negativity in here, Jose left and there’s still negativity?
Ole is one of our own, I have no idea what people were expecting? That we’ll get Pochettino mid season? Zidane? seriously?

The season is finished, anything else will be a bonus, I just want to feel connected to the club again, without Mourinho’s drama, that’s what Ole brings to the table first and foremost.

Who knows, maybe he could end up winning a trophy even, I have a good feeling about this.

Imran Mamdani

I wonder what giggsy makes of this.

On a side note; was it Andy cole who never got along or had some disagreements with OGS ?