Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Sparky Rhiwabon

Maybe we should just concentrate on getting a really good DOF now, to keep Woody out of the football stuff.

Stretford kev

You really can't ask for anymore can you. Ole is doing a great job.

Long may it continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

redasian

Wow. Game plan was spot on. Playing on the counter with Pog leading the way. Same diamond and false 9 vs Spurs. Lukaku not up top but playing on the flanks FACING goal. Martford on at 70 mins to kill the game.

Their injuries helped us no doubt, but Ole's growing on me more than I thought possible.

nycender

Stop fecking around. Get him some defenders and midfielders and lets feck this league up!

Dolf

When was the last time a MU manager was supported this much by our fans after 8 games?

Inter Yer Nan

We are at our best we’ve been since Sir Alex was in charge and he’s probably had the hardest job to pick up. He knows the club, players and fans and he’s passionate, young and hungry. He knows our principals and what we expect/demand.

Sign him up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Ole showed tonight that he is more than a motivator, he's a good tactician. Playing Lukaku like that was very good. Bringing Martial+Rashford like that was brilliant. You know Jose would have either started Fellaini/McTominay, if not both of them and he would have brought them on if they didn't start.

el3mel

It's also amazing how he's so comfortable and secured in the job. He's not out of his depth or acting like the job is too big for him. He simply looks like he belongs to this level of football.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Manager of Manchester United should always look at ways the team can score goals and win games imo . The decision to play Lukaku so far forward on the road showed that he gets it . He was ready to sacrifice and risk Arsenal exploiting that side just to give us a chance of scoring. That made me so so happy

cian68

I'm finally fully on board with giving it Ole. 8 in a row is fantastic for any team. Very optimistic about the next three league games against burnley, Leicester and Fulham, and he's a club legend. Consider me caught up on the bandwagon

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I want to see how he picks the lads up after a defeat, but up to now OGS has been faultless. I'm always weary of legends becoming a manager in case it doesn't work out and then tarnishes the relationship they once had with the fans, but OGS is certainly giving United a hard decision here, fair play to him. Love the fella.

Cathy Ferguson

It will be difficult to not offer him the manager position.

Woody might be tempted to bring in ZZ for marketing reasons but if Ole can finish top four and put in a good performance against PSG then the job should be his. Otherwise it would be cruel on Ole and also put the next manager under pressure.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I am loving his starting tactics and how he wants to play.

The one big question mark I have so far is his ability to change things during the match. The subs for this match were fairly obvious (bring on our first choice attackers to finish Arsenal off) and they worked as expected, but in two or three of the other matches it's felt like he hasn't been able to change things as needed as we've struggled towards the end of the match. Not sure if that's a weakness of his or if it's just that he just doesn't feel our bench options are strong enough.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
In all fairness with a proper appointment as DOF I'm starting to think there is no reason he couldn't do the job permanently. Team has been playing great while we are obviously short at least 4 starting players. Sort that out in the summer and who knows how much better it could be.

Edit: starting as in we are in need of 4 first team signings.
So without a DOF he wouldn't be able to do the job permanently?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It's getting to the point where you almost have to give him the job, assuming we don't collapse in the next couple of months. If only because if the next manager doesn't win his first 8+ games, everyone will be doubting him.

MUM

Who could have done what he and his team have done? And I bet he's come for nothing in comparison to the so called greats available.

He'll do for me, and my cats are made up that life watching Utd is happy again

Castia

Get the contract drawn up

I like the way we play, love the the team spirit and the best of all Ole is a legend of the club.

2 year contract and backing in the transfer market and we'll be on the right track.

KW2006

Can't see him back to Molde anyway. Even if we don't offer him the job, which will be a big mistake, some teams from European's top leagues will want to hire him.

Suvvernmanc

For me, I will need to see the end of the season with Ole. As much as i love him and want him to succeed, i need to see more of what we saw tonight, the beating of a top team from a tactical point of view. I would hate it if Ole fell at the last hurdle because of not having the tactical know-how to be the UTD manager. He is everything I want in a manager.

Kostov

I thought he should have made a sub earlier and bring in a midfielder. But what do I fecking know anyway. Fecking loved that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am loving his starting tactics and how he wants to play.

The one big question mark I have so far is his ability to change things during the match. The subs for this match were fairly obvious (bring on our first choice attackers to finish Arsenal off) and they worked as expected, but in two or three of the other matches it's felt like he hasn't been able to change things as needed as we've struggled towards the end of the match. Not sure if that's a weakness of his or if it's just that he just doesn't feel our bench options are strong enough.
He had made changes to affect he game. There's been times we have dropped off and his subs have closed the win out.

Even today taking lingard off was sensible.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Amazing from Ole. From the moment he arrived there seemed to be a feel good factor back at Utd and I could never envisage the start he has had. You guys aren’t far off challenging again and your front 5 is up there with any in England.

Just give him the job with some cash for the defence and you will soon be amongst the trophies again.

You can see what Utd means to him and to deprive him the job after the start he has had would be a travesty if you spunk a load of cash securing Poch

The guy deserves his chance now and to be honest he is just so damn likeable too.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Must say, as a neutral, this is extraordinary, quite an interesting phenomenon to follow. Will probably want to see a few United games from now on, having being disilusioned and bored woth football for a couple of years already.