Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Peter Brewer

That's okay. Don't take match day thread too seriously. Those are spontaneous reactions without much analysis. That is what watching live is all about. It gets your adrenaline pumping. Those posts are emotions. Enjoy the thrill. You will have plenty of time afterwards to ponder.
Hmmm..thanks. It helped looking at it that way. You should be a shrink. :drool:
However, the Ole-neysayers can't be excused under same logic.

meamth

Finally. The club named "Manchester United" is relevant again to the world.

We are back, boys. What a time to live in, thank you so much Ole.

Manly tears are nothing to be ashamed of.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have scored 3 or more goals in 8 out of 17 games under Ole.

Lam

Imagine the meltdown if he's not given it now (a very very tiny part of me wants to witness it)

Rajma

Imagine the meltdown if he's not given it now (a very very tiny part of me wants to witness it)
I would honestly question whether I share the same values as this club any longer if he's not given. Don't care how the season goes at this stage I've seen enough in him to tell that with some summer reinforcements and injury free with proper pre-season we will have our United.

LLMU

Give him the job now. He brought back the sense of belief to the players. All week he was talking about the great comebacks teams had in the past. I guess the players buy those belief and go out without fear in the game.

Alemar

Shoudln't we change a note on a thread? Yes technically first PSG game was a loss, but over the two legs there is no loss, so from this standpoint OGS is still undefeated

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
9 away wins in a row for the first time in the clubs history, including Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and PSG. That’s nothing short of phenomenal. I love how Ole is breaking good records left, right and centre after 5 years of poor ones.

RedRotorhead

Just enough months left in this season to get four Manager Of The Month in a row, same as Pep has.

D. Mungai

Incredible.

The Biggest salute and compliment we as the fans can give him is

It has never felt this good, a match made in heaven, with words unspoken we have cried for this and you have answered us silently.

In the silence of the night your heartbeat speaks to the many Man United fans around the globe.

Last edited by a moderator:

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
9 away wins in a row for the first time in the clubs history, including Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and PSG. That’s nothing short of phenomenal. I love how Ole is breaking good records left, right and centre after 5 years of poor ones.
For the First time in 6 years it feels like we're breaking positive records again.

Let's go break some more!!! :devil:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Something that dawned on me over the last few days is that Ole genuinely believes in the things he says, and even if that makes for some ridiculously optimistic soundbites, it also invigorates a club and a squad to have a manager who shows absolute faith in his players no matter what and no matter the opponent or circumstance.

He is a natural successor to Fergie from the point of view that players want, desperately, to play and perform for him.

His tactical nous has really shocked me on top of that. He's managing like a proper manager, not an inflexible system or player reliant one. The way he constantly adapts to the situation and personnel available to him is proving to be in the elite banding, which is not something you can say for many managers active who are utterly reliant on having the best players, the biggest squads or years of coaching a single system they live and die by.

There is no sentimentality at all in saying Ole has come in and earned himself the top job; what he has done, with so little is now at the stage of being incredulous. This Fergie territory of management to date.

Lam

What reasons would they not give it to him?The pluses outweigh the negatives so far surely?
I want him it to get it. What I meant was it would be a legendary meltdown if he doesn’t.

lynchie

Shoudln't we change a note on a thread? Yes technically first PSG game was a loss, but over the two legs there is no loss, so from this standpoint OGS is still undefeated
Agree. The "loss" in the first leg was all part of the tactics.

dmode

W14 D2 L1.

To be fair the loss doesn't count anymore or should we be proud about it to make us remember how we fecked PSG?

Anyway I find it an absolute disgrace to think that it's not just a "coincidence" that Ole is winning like that, it's the honeymoon effect!

A very lengthy honeymoon!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ole was brilliant last night. Yes he got it wrong at the start, but he wasn't afraid to change it with a first half sub (granted Bailly might have been injured, but whatever) and from that point on, his game management was spot on. Soak up the pressure and attack over 10 minute spells... especially loved his move to go to 5-4-1 for that period in that second half, we looked solid as feck.

UnitedWeStandOne

THIS from post-match interview:

How much can you plan if you don't know if you are the manager?

I don't really mind that. Because I am a supporter aswell and I want the best for Man United, as a supporter you always want the best, as a manager you want the best, so that will be the same advice. You can ask me for any advice, any time.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tbh, surprised anyone has more wins than us during the same period. Chalk it up to them winning the cup final.
I think the Cup final is counted as a draw in Opta's eyes, or it would say 16 they've won and not 15.

Manchester United
Games Played: 17
Won: 14
Drawn: 2
Lost: 1

Manchester City
Games Played: 19
Won: 15
Drawn: 1 (Cup final drawn 0:0 in reg. time)
Lost: 3

Amused

Ole in a norwegian tv interview last night.

Q: please describe the atmosphere in the locker room, we have seen the owners, Sir Alex and club leaders go in.

A: The atmosphere is incredible, and the boys seem to have learned a new song lately, they are singing Stone Roses in there.

Reactions: jojojo

rpg

I think the Cup final is counted as a draw in Opta's eyes, or it would say 16 they've won and not 15.

Manchester United
Games Played: 17
Won: 14
Drawn: 2
Lost: 1

Manchester City
Games Played: 19
Won: 15
Drawn: 1 (Cup final drawn 0:0 in reg. time)
Lost: 3
The 1 game Ole lost isnt a full game since its over the 2 legs but oh well..

kthanksbye

I want to objectively evaluate Ole, want to say things like we need to see his recruitment, rotation, bouncing back from a few defeats, how the team reacts to a slow start to a season, if he can keep his key players fresh and all that.
But after every game I just want to sit back and enjoy the ride we're on. It's unreal, we've lost just one game and even that result has turned out to be inconsequential as we won the tie.
Don't want to be objective about anything for the rest of the season, long may it continue.

Jacko21

Ole was brilliant last night. Yes he got it wrong at the start, but he wasn't afraid to change it with a first half sub (granted Bailly might have been injured, but whatever) and from that point on, his game management was spot on. Soak up the pressure and attack over 10 minute spells... especially loved his move to go to 5-4-1 for that period in that second half, we looked solid as feck.
Hope this doesn't get lost because of the dramatic finish last night.

We were always going to need a bit of luck to overturn things, but Ole orchestrated things brilliantly and with a birds eye view of the game, you could see how swiftly the team responded to instructions.

Apart from Bailly, no idea who he was listening to. :lol:

roonster09

Scout

One manager played down these young players, other manager thought it was good opportunity for these young players to show what they are capable of.

Jose is just the most anti ManUtd manager we have ever seen.

Shark

@NotShark

One manager played down these young players, other manager thought it was good opportunity for these young players to show what they are capable of.

Jose is just the most anti ManUtd manager we have ever seen.
There were so many of us, including myself that thought Jose was born to manage a club like United. How wrong we were, but maybe there is some truth to it. He definitely lost something after his spell at Madrid, perhaps under the right circumstances he would have been successful here.

roonster09

Scout
There were so many of us, including myself that thought Jose was born to manage a club like United. How wrong we were, but maybe there is some truth to it. He definitely lost something after his spell at Madrid, perhaps under the right circumstances he would have been successful here.
We were desperate and after the Van Gaal football, we were even more desperate. We thought Jose will win trophies (PL/CL) so we sort of didn't bother with anything. I was a Jose fan when he was at Inter and Madrid but lost every bit of respect for him when he was at Manutd. One of the important attribute for a ManUtd manager is to trust young players and then we had a manager who just shat on young players.

In a way it's good all this happen. Hopefully fans and board learnt lessons and stick to coaches who really gets what ManUtd is all about.

CA_vampire

W14 D2 L1 ... but actually it is W14 D2 L0.

The only loss was a two-game affair, and at the end we won it, so the loss doesn't count! :wenger:

Tiber

The Madrid media literally broke Jose. The Special One became The Toxic one. Bonkers that he is considering going back there