Ole has no system that I can see ..... or do I just need better glasses?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
MoYeS, Lvg and Mou all played totally different brands of football, they may all have had faults but if you think they are all exactly the same you need to get glasses.
Yeah? I'm wearing my glasses. Are you wearing yours?

You come off as a WUM.

AaronRedDevil

United had a system when he first joined. Where did that go. It was fast attacking football, exciting.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Park the bus and counter against top teams/possession based teams.

Rely on a player to do some magic or win a penalty against teams where we're the dominant side.

They're our tactics and it's not good enough. We need an actual modern day, progressive manager.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s hard to see it at the minute.

LJJT

Doesn’t matter what system we implement if the players can’t pass 5 yards to each other it’s irrelevant.

3KDré

No patterns of play whatsoever. Our press is awfully organised too. Might be a good motivator but ultimately average at best at actually coaching his team. I know he might not be the one actually doing the coaching as McKenna is running the sessions but he's ultimately responsible for that too.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He is clearly not a coach or manager who can form title winning team. Make him in-charge of football operations at the club and bring Poch as coach. It has nice rhyme to it as well, Poch the coach.

Litch

It looks very basic at mo a bit like colouring by numbers. Only individual brilliance gets us often out of jail.....

pablotatt

Give it to the 4 up top and hope they can come up with something between them. That's our only tactic. No pattern of play. No evidence of coaching (apart from maybe Martial). Terrible build-up play. Weak at the back. We don't press effectively. We are found out against any modern, tactical manager but wing it on individual brilliance and just having more talented players than the opposition.

Godfather

Still think that making him perma manager was almost as bad a decision as giving Moyes the job

DRM

So what "system" is Brighton playing?
A system that dominated against players who cost more than half a billion combined
A system that created chances for their attackers, we got lucky they hit the post 3 times

KjaAnd

I genuinely believe this to be the case. How we defend, press, attack and build up looks completely unorganized and - quite frankly - random. I love Ole, but he's not the manager to make us great again. We need someone who has an actual system - a philosphy of how to play football: Nagelsman or Pochettino for instance.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We are being outplayed by Brighton but for some here it will be Pogba's fault.

MrBest

Awful so far. Our first 11 on paper should be doing a lot lot better. We have some really good players but they are playing as if they are mid table. Ole and the others are out of there depth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Doesn’t matter what system we implement if the players can’t pass 5 yards to each other it’s irrelevant.
Our players can't pass 5 yards but Leess are able to implement a passing. Pressing system without much trouble. Unless you're saying Leeds have better players.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
A system that dominated against players who cost more than half a billion combined
A system that created chances for their attackers, we got lucky they hit the post 3 times
Watch that system crumble in the 2nd half.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Never seen a team look so embarrassingly clumsy when trying to play out of the back, its schoolyard levels of laughable.

dev1l

This place is full of experts....:). They know it all.
Pity they re stuck here moaning all the time

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So what "system" is Brighton playing?
For one, their pressing has been superb in the first half whereas we've been sitting of them. See the difference in the time Brighton players have on the ball compared to ours.

It's bemusing how we still, in 2020, remain uninterested in pressing as part of our style of football.

Matriac

He needs to stop watching the screen and get by the pitch managing ffs

You do know that they only cut to video of the bench/manager when there's a break in the game, usually after a chance, so it makes sense he's reviewing what happened?

As a player on the bench he was always focused at reviewing the game in motion. When fellow players wanted to joke around he asked to be left alone cause he wanted to look for opportunities to exploit if he came on the field. He's doing the same now but for giving orders to his subs coming on as well as this half-time chat.

Woodenlung

Not much difference between Solksjaer and Mourinho when it comes to attacking patterns ie there are none. Both managers rely on the players to dictate how they'll play. But when they're tired/in poor form it's a disorganised mess.

Dunno how we're supposed to break out of this funk tbh. Better coaching is the obvious solution. But good work has been done over the last 18 months to lift is out of the mire of Mourinho's final season. Solksjaer deserves the backing of the owners, which he isn't getting.

MrBest

We are being outplayed by Brighton but for some here it will be Pogba's fault.
Definitely not Pogba fault, its the whole team/manager. No leaders, no drive, no passion, bad coaching, no system, board are clueless, CEO is clueless. Man United is like having damp, once it's starts, the rot is hard to get rid of. Decision making in the last 7 years is the biggest failure of the club. I like how Ole has shifted players off but he is not a man manager in my opinion. 2 years in and he really has nowhere else to hide. I know we have not signed everyone we wanted but we have spent a lot in the last 12 months under him. He needs to do better and more consistently.

Eplel

You do know that they only cut to video of the bench/manager when there's a break in the game, usually after a chance, so it makes sense he's reviewing what happened?

As a player on the bench he was always focused at reviewing the game in motion. When fellow players wanted to joke around he asked to be left alone cause he wanted to look for opportunities to exploit if he came on the field. He's doing the same now but for giving orders to his subs coming on as well as this half-time chat.
That is part of the problem with Ole. A huge part of his plan is to react.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's quite obvious when we attack teams that it's a reliance on individual brilliance to beat a man or hope there's an interchange between Rashford or Martial.

It's not like we flood the box, or snap the ball around withna quick tempo. You can see defenders lost on how to play out every time we build from the back as it ping balls horizontally endlessly before the occasional move forward.

It's not the mark of a well established system, and the most frustrating point for me is how shit we continue to be at pressing most sides. Despite Ole saying he wants us as the fittest he hasnt got us looking much better from the pressing angle.