• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So I assume people are also advocating for Carrick, Mckenna, and Phelan to go as well? Always seemed an underwhelming coaching staff to me. And it's all well and good people saying "you don't see what's going on behind the scenes" but we can see what's happening on the pitch, and it's not great.

And it's not all on Ole. Carrick and Mckenna were here before he arrived and the complaints about our football now are the same as they were before Ole came in. And considering that he supposedly leaves the coaching to them, it's pretty damning.

I'd part ways with the lot of them personally.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
So I assume people are also advocating for Carrick, Mckenna, and Phelan to go as well? Always seemed an underwhelming coaching staff to me. And it's all well and good people saying "you don't see what's going on behind the scenes" but we can see what's happening on the pitch, and it's not great.

And it's not all on Ole. Carrick and Mckenna were here before he arrived and the complaints about our football now are the same as they were before Ole came in. And considering that he supposedly leaves the coaching to them, it's pretty damning.

Yes. I'd prefer they were sacked first.

SAFMUTD

The biggest mistake Ole did imo was not getting a better team under himself. People who are better than him in training, tactics, etc. As a man manager I think he got everything and the players really like him and respect him.

Well, that did not happen and it’s time to act.
I don't understand this thing about rating Ole as a man manager and disregarding the whole coaching thing. As if being not a "tactical" manager was as easy to solve as hiring good coaches.

I mean as successful as the coaches may be the manager is the one setting their print on the team. Would top managers struggle if they lose their coaches? I mean they always renovate their coaching staff and their "print" is still there. Coaches such as Sir Alex, Ancelotti, Pep, Klopp, were never dependable on their coaching staff.

The whole argument about Ole needing better coaches to perform is awful in the sense that himself must be a better coach for it to work. There's no way a manager that's so poor in coaching finds success, at this level at least, just by getting a great coaching staff. Much more than just man management is needed. Specially when competing against arguably the best 3 managers in the world at the moment.

Brophs

The One and Only
Fletch being described as a ”strong candidate” has more than a whiff of the entire Roy family pitching Logan for his job. “Ed. Ed-case. The Edmeister General. You know the way last time around we got in a under-qualified former player who ‘got the club’? Well get this. What about a completely unqualified former player who also gets the club? Anyway, call me when you get this.”

Sviken

The unchanged team selection and Ole's comments about us somehow having had a good first half performance against Atalanta with that side was as ominous as it gets :lol:
He's lost the squad completely. Bruno and Pogba coming out with the statements about the coaching is incredibly damning. Ronaldo is silent, but on his pitch tactics show he is very frustrated with the management. I don't think Ronaldo would speak out against Ole out of respect for Fergie, but he doesn't look happy one bit.

peridigm

Fletch to see out the next 3 matches followed by Conte after the break makes sense unless Carrick and McKenna are involved too. Those two need to pack their bags as well.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Fletcher as care taker until we can get our diamond Southgate :devil:

bosniamanutd

Sack Ole and bench Meguire/Fred..engage replacement with someone who knows strategy.. we play like headless for a long time.

Rex Banner

Absolutely. The main issue with this team is the coaching and they're the ones responsible for that. I don't see how sacking Ole but keeping the coaching staff makes any sense.

You could maybe even make the arguement that they're more culpable than Ole. Like you said, I don't think Ole has that big a hand in the coaching. I reckon he sees himself more as a Fergie type man manager, primarily focused on keeping up the morale and managing the squad. And up until this season, he has done that fairly well.

Last edited:

Delano

Feck a caretaker, we've had one for 3 years. If the technical director hires himself, I don't know what to say...

This club will never cease to amaze me with its nepotism. Its like we completely ignored Liverpools demise. We go through each day without any plan whatsoever.

croadyman

It looks like he might have but we'll know for sure over the next few games which will ultimately decide his fate. I also think Pogba signs a new contract if Solskjaer get's sacked, don't know why but I have a feeling he doesn't think he's up to it
Quite frankly if we could secure Conte (yes I know he isn't as ideal as Ten Haag but at least available) then we should pull the trigger in the next couple of days and not wait until the bloody international break after the City game

RUCK4444

Yes. I'd prefer they were sacked first.
Same. Ole deserves his share of the blame for appointing them of course, but they have been totally out of their depth.

These are the guys actually coaching the team, taking the sessions, every fans gripe on here with our coaching should be directed to these guys every bit as much as the manager. They've been shite, if anything Ole's man management and knack of previously getting a response from the players has kept them in a job as long as they have been. I think he will be furious with himself for not getting fully established/experienced coaches in place, Phelan aside.

I'm not blaming them instead of the manager, the buck stops with Ole 100%. Just think he will regret bringing in Carrick and Mckenna with zero experience between them.

Lynty

Disagree. Any player or staff at Ajax would go to United tomorrow if offered a take it or leave it offer
Forgetting all I said on Ten Hag and who I don't think he is a good luck this absolute nonsense about him not leaving Ajax in the middle of the season should United offer him the job need to stop.

He would crawl to Old Trafford as soon as he got the offer letter not miss ourselves.

Ajax are a big club yes but United are so much bigger and so much more attractive to any Manager. If they got it right at United the world of is theirs
Come on.

They're nailed on or trophies and a good run in Europe. He's also in with a great chance to be Peps successor. His competition for the Barca job is Xavi once Koeman gets the inevitable sack. If he turns down United, he'll still have plenty of offers.

pauldyson1uk

Who are Manchester United coaching staff?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has defended his coaching staff at Manchester United amid mounting scrutiny. Solskjaer entrusts Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna with overseeing the coaching sessions at United's Carrington training complex, which his assistant manager, Mike Phelan, does not get involved in.
So what does he do ?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He went on record on Sky at the weekend that he bitterly regretted sacking the Salford manager when he did last season, as if that wasn't already readily apparent.
So let's sack Ole and then we can go back on the moral high ground by saying sowwy. Club owners know exactly what they are doing when sacking a manager and they don't take that lightly. Also note that Ole has been at the wheel for the past 3 years not the past 6 games

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He looked like he was fighting off a smirk all the way through his post match interview
Yes, you could just about detect it hidden behind the vacuous insincere drivel he was spouting.

Can only hope then the new manager wipes that smirk off his face with a healthy dose of schadenfreude.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Ofcourse you'll need a caretaker...you can't expect a new manager to come in straight away! Contracts will need to be drawn up, the right compensation package and legal need to be involved. This takes time!

Then you have the small matter of the new manager actually moving country, you can't just uproot your family and children in a moment's notice.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fletcher will be interesting, if it goes well after a few months they could give him the job full time.

Teja

If ZZ or Conte are first choice, get them in now. If it’s Poch or Ten Hag, give Blanc a massive wage to caretaker the season.
Blanc is interesting, haven't seen him mentioned at all. Any other decent caretakers available right now?

I still think we have an incredibly talented squad and we shouldn't write this season off. If Conte is okay with a two year (1.5 year really) deal then he can effectively be the caretaker in case things don't go well. Sacking him in the summer won't be very expensive.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Same. Ole deserves his share of the blame for appointing them of course, but they have been totally out of their depth.

These are the guys actually coaching the team, taking the sessions, every fans gripe on here with our coaching should be directed to these guys every bit as much as the manager. They've been shite, if anything Ole's man management and knack of previously getting a response from the players has kept them in a job as long as they have been. I think he will be furious with himself for not getting fully established/experienced coaches in place, Phelan aside.

I'm not blaming them instead of the manager, the buck stops with Ole 100%. Just think he will regret bringing in Carrick and Mckenna with zero experience between them.
Weren't they already in place? Persisting with them seems to be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.