• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pogba, Ronaldo and now Shaw today all with subtle hints. This seems to be going only one way. Seems @golden_blunder was correct with his thread a few weeks back he has lost the players.

Teja

Ofcourse you'll need a caretaker...you can't expect a new manager to come in straight away! Contracts will need to be drawn up, the right compensation package and legal need to be involved. This takes time!

Then you have the small matter of the new manager actually moving country, you can't just uproot your family and children in a moment's notice.
It takes a few weeks mate. Anyone in the existing coaching setup can be the caretaker until then. Ole himself could last a couple of weeks, I wouldn't mind.

Weren't they already in place? Persisting with them seems to be the issue.
Yup.

My big question is why they waited until they were 3 years in to try to implement a new pressing system. We've had plenty of average, work your socks off type players like Pereira, Lingard etc. who could've pretty effective had they started sooner.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
exactly. people dont get this, we looked like we will concede everytime Liverpool played 3 passes quickly.

There was one instance where I knew exactly what happened, I think it was Curtis who played one twos with Salah and Trent and McTominay was marking him and then all of a sudden he let him go and it was liek 4 v 3 at the back with no midfield.

Liverpool stepped it off so much, they could have got more than 9 really.
It was a type of performance any PL team would feel embarrassed with. To be honest I think most Championship sides would feel down about losing 5-0 at home to Liverpool (or any team) in that manner. It was unbelievably bad.

pauldyson1uk

Blanc is interesting, haven't seen him mentioned at all. Any other decent caretakers available right now?

I still think we have an incredibly talented squad and we shouldn't write this season off. If Conte is okay with a two year (1.5 year really) deal then he can effectively be the caretaker in case things don't go well. Sacking him in the summer won't be very expensive.
Giggs :nervous::nervous::D

Irwin99

Weird that Liverpool have retired two of our managers if this turns out to be true :mad:

All feels very inevitable.

ToToMarshall

I’ve been Ole unsure since Leipzig away happened, but given that he got us to 2nd last season I believed it was right that he had the chance to prove it wasn’t a fluke. 9 PL games and 2 and a bit months in and his position is untenable now. He must go. There is no coming back from this.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
So I assume people are also advocating for Carrick, Mckenna, and Phelan to go as well? Always seemed an underwhelming coaching staff to me. And it's all well and good people saying "you don't see what's going on behind the scenes" but we can see what's happening on the pitch, and it's not great.

And it's not all on Ole. Carrick and Mckenna were here before he arrived and the complaints about our football now are the same as they were before Ole came in. And considering that he supposedly leaves the coaching to them, it's pretty damning.

I'd part ways with the lot of them personally.
It would have been interesting to see how Ole did with different coaches, but that ship has sailed now.

They should go though. No doubt

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You need someone in the dugout. If Ole is sacked today or tomorrow and no one is in line to replace him who performs that role?
Fletcher actually isn't that unrealistic if Ole is sacked today.

IF that happens, you'd expect all of Phelan, McKenna and Carrick to follow him out the door.

As in - you wouldn't expect any of those to get a caretaker gig (at least I wouldn't - based on...nothing much, but yeah, I just can't see it happening).

So, who gets a purely emergency appointment, as it were? Just to have someone in the dugout, as you say? Fletcher does have his badges (doesn't he?). And he isn't a part of Ole's actual coaching team (all of whom would - again - follow him out the door if a decision has been made to end the Ole era, as it were).

tomaldinho1

It takes a few weeks mate. Anyone in the existing coaching setup can be the caretaker until then. Ole himself could last a couple of weeks, I wouldn't mind.
It's perfect timing by complete chance. Ole goes this week and Fletcher/the coaching staff go through until international break. That gets the inevitable City drubbing out the way.

cj_sparky

Fletcher has been actively taking part in training drills, not coaching them just having a kick about with the lads.

Interim, caretaker whatever. He is just another job for the boys and nothing will change as he will be in there with McKenna and Carrick.

Top to bottom learning on the job needs to end.

Blanc is interesting, haven't seen him mentioned at all. Any other decent caretakers available right now?

I still think we have an incredibly talented squad and we shouldn't write this season off. If Conte is okay with a two year (1.5 year really) deal then he can effectively be the caretaker in case things don't go well. Sacking him in the summer won't be very expensive.
Yeah I’d agree with that, if it’s Conte it should be a 2 year deal max. He’s not my preferred candidate by any means.

Blanc has managed big personalities, played for United, mentioned wanting to manage here, and did a cracking job with Bordeaux. I doubt you’d find a more qualified caretaker.

I’ve a feeling United are still a little in love with Poch and regret now not getting him, I could conceivably imagine a deal being done for him to come in next Summer.

I just wish more than anything we offer Ten Hag silly money to come now.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Fletcher actually isn't that unrealistic if Ole is sacked today.

IF that happens, you'd expect all of Phelan, McKenna and Carrick to follow him out the door.

As in - you wouldn't expect any of those to get a caretaker gig (at least I wouldn't - based on...nothing much, but yeah, I just can't see it happening).

So, who gets a purely emergency appointment, as it were? Just to have someone in the dugout, as you say? Fletcher does have his badges (doesn't he?). And he isn't a part of Ole's actual coaching team (all of whom would - again - follow him out the door if a decision has been made to end the Ole era, as it were).
I agree. Some posters seem to be panicking about the use of 'caretaker' and the (low) possibility of them becoming the permanent manager :lol:

CM

Klopp was a "hipster manager" at one point. So was Tuchel and Pep, probably.

Anyway, please god not Cunte.
Klopp had substance though. He'd broken the Bayern dominance by winning Bundesliga and put in good showings in the Champions League over a number of seasons at Dortmund, and also got them to the final.

hobbers

If Fletcher is just till the international break and Conte/Zidane coming in i can understand it.

Any longer than that is rank idiocy.

MrSingh2002

Didn't Phelan admit he doesn't do any coaching? I've always wondered why he was brought back. To be a mascot and remind the fans of the good ol' days?
Yeah but he seems like a decent steward. The other 3 were beta males and were never going to have the killer instincts required.

I'd like Phelan to stick around.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I'd honestly go for Brendan out of that list. Ten Hag probably just ahead of him but would he come?

lsd

The Oracle

We are not going to give Conte a 1.5 year deal now and there is no way on earth he works accept one either.

The man is a proven winner and is at the top of his game. He is the one that will dictate his terms and that's the way it should be

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Solving the crap coach problem by sacking Ole is not going to solve the midfield problem, the pressing problem, the Ronaldo problem or the fundamental Glazer problem that underpins the rest.

You have to ask what kind of mercenary or fool would want Ole's job at this point?

hobbers

Presumably they'd give it to Fletcher and not Phelan because Phelan is tied to the old Ole regime. And likely to be sacked when the new manager comes in. Obviously McKenna and Carrick will be out the door as well.

Fletcher is technical director and so doesnt answer to the next manager anyway. It would make sense if it was just for a game or two.

Xanther

Pogba, Ronaldo and now Shaw today all with subtle hints. This seems to be going only one way. Seems @golden_blunder was correct with his thread a few weeks back he has lost the players.
My guy. You can't say something like this and not provide anything for us to read that from.

hobbers

I thought he promoted McKenna at least? You might be right on Carrick though, I think Mou gave him a coaching role.
Mourinho brought in McKenna when Rui Faria left didn't he?

Ole definitely promoted Carrick and presumably made McKenna the one ultimately in charge of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.