Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Not sure why it's worth waiting to the international break to bring in a new manager.

Chances are he is won't have many players to work with until two days before the next game if he's lucky.

Other than that all he can do is get somewhere to stay check out the canteen and take a tour of the ground
Gives the new manager chance to pick the colour scheme of their office, make them feel nice and comfortable

Revan

Assumptionman
We are talking about 25m+ here.
He will need his head checked if he walks away from that. There is nothing wrong with Ole looking after himself.
I doubt it. That would imply that there is no clause in his contract that says that the club can sack him for X amount of money (probably one year salary).

I know that Ed is an idiot when it comes to football, but he is not an idiot when it comes to money.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Fergie is part of the board. Not that hard to figure out.
Makes it even more questionable. Seems like it's there to add flavor to the tweet and it's just a wild guess because as you said, Sir Alex is part of the board. But he shouldn't know that Sir Alex wants to give Ole another chance for Spurs game, too specific to be true. Heck, even Ole doesn't know his own fate at this moment most likely.

Eddy_JukeZ

The entire board backing Ole to stay should have zero input going forward.

It doesn't matter if it's SAF, Gill, etc.

Legend16

The context is what you are completely missing with this post

Fergie - a serial winner - his teams were known for the response they gave in matches after a blip result.

Oles teams just go out and do the same thing again, and again, and again and again, and again, and again, until one day a blip comes and we have a real purple patch and notch a few good wins, then its back to mediocrity with the same level of garbage served up.
We are not Norwich or Newcastle bad but for a brand like United the current product is as bad as it has been in a very very long time

What team fear playing United now?
How easy are we to play against?
How one dimensional are we?
How predictable?

the most recent result is the sum of the last 3 years -

The evidence the Ole has hit the glass ceiling is there for all to see.
He just isnt a top level manager. I love the man - he gave me some of my greatest United memories and I am sad that he is genuinely hurting, but he has to go.
The pressure at United is immense - and better managers than him have come and gone.

If he has any guts on Saturday if he is still in charge he should play a different line up - but he wont.
He will give his faves another chance to have another chance, again etc etc.
Its infuriating.
I haven't missed the context. its the very essence of my post

Macetheace

Everyone seems to fail to see if we wait another 4-5 games to sack him there is a good chance we will then be out of the champions league ,surely now is the best time to give us the best chance of qualifying for the knockout stages, we could barley beat Atalanta and vilareal at home we simply have no chance under the current set up away. Are we prepared to simply throw another competition down the drain to save face that we are a loyal club we were only loyal to Ferguson because for the majority of his tenure he kept winning if he would have consistently been awful he would have had the bullet as well.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I can’t believe that Ferguson would be so sentimental. Also, given Ferguson had massive respect for Juventus, Lippi, and his teams, I’d imagine he’d love the chance to get Conte into United. There are some muppets here who reckon that Conte plays defensive football but Ferguson was on record as rating Conte’s Chelsea very highly.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I doubt it. That would imply that there is no clause in his contract that says that the club can sack him for X amount of money (probably one year salary).

I know that Ed is an idiot when it comes to football, but he is not an idiot when it comes to money.
The contract is just about three months old. Even if there is a break clause, I doubt it can be triggered this early. It is way more likely we would have to pay close to the full amount left on his deal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Makes it even more questionable. Seems like it's there to add flavor to the tweet and it's just a wild guess because as you said, Sir Alex is part of the board. But he shouldn't know that Sir Alex wants to give Ole another chance for Spurs game, too specific to be true.
Probably just relaying what's been told to Conte.

They've decided to give him 1 last chance, but be on stand by for when they pull the trigger.

I think most of it is just posturing anyway. You don't go this far without deciding he's toast. I think it's just giving them more time to get the arrangements in place.

Conte will need time to get his backroom staff ready, find a house to live in etc etc.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ronaldo, Varane etc.. must be very happy
That’s what annoys me so much. We are completely throwing away the chance at a decent season with a great squad of players if we continue this madness.

MadMike

Do you believe it's any worse? We're completely lost at sea and morale is dropping like a stone. Under Ole, another loss compounds and makes the problems worse, and there's no evidence to say we won't be on the end of another hammering, or two, with him at the helm. 4 against Leicester; 2 against a depleted Atalanta; Liverpool actually losing interest in battering us anymore; if that's not a trend, what is?
Yes, I believe it can always get worse. Especially if you put the coaches of the worst coached team in the league, also in charge of management. You think that's a good idea?

I'm not saying that he's not doing badly (nay, terribly) or that he should not get sacked. I'm just saying we should be working feverishly towards finding a suitable replacement and sack him when we do. Not before. If that is tomorrow, great. If it's in 1 month time, so be it.

Revan

Assumptionman
That doesn't really matter. More about getting your foot in the door, preparing training etc.

He will still be able to work with a lot of players that don't make it.
He won't.

De Dea, Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw,Fred, McTominay, Pogba, Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho, Dalot and Rashford will all be in international duties. Greenwood and a couple of others might be too.

I mean, sure, he can train with Henderson, Bailly, Telles, and Mata but that won't bring anything.

The midfield general

Looks to me like ole is going to be in charge for next 3 games ,They will wait for the international break to appoint a new manager ,by then we will have lost to spurs probably drew with Atlanta if we are lucky then been spanked badly by City.With the side the way it is at present i can really see us getting walloped by city.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Perfect chance to start afresh against Spurs but yet Ole will still be at the wheel
They don't have a replacement.
This club have until this point not countenanced sacking Ole so did not have any contingency plan. Dereliction of duty. The failing is not that he hasn't been sacked. It's that they have not even prepared for the possibility.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Probably just relaying what's been told to Conte.

They've decided to give him 1 last chance, but be on stand by for when they pull the trigger.

I think most of it is just posturing anyway. You don't go this far without deciding he's toast. I think it's just giving them more time to get the arrangements in place.

Conte will need time to get his backroom staff ready, find a house to live in etc etc.
If Ole has lost the dressing room then that 1 last chance will end up costing us points. It's absolutely pointless... might as well give it to Phelan while Conte or whoever is the replacement get his things ready. After that sack Mike Phelan as well, sack them all.

Revan

Assumptionman
The contract is just about three months old. Even if there is a break clause, I doubt it can be triggered this early. It is way more likely we would have to pay close to the full amount left on his deal.
We did not do that even for Jose, so I doubt it will be for Ole. But then, we did not give this time to anyone, so who the feck knows.

Still, I think that it is pretty safe that there is a clause that says that the manager can be sacked for x amount of money. Maybe 1-year salary, which would still be a very large sum.

DreadnoughtRS88

The 12.3% who want him to have more time must be the opposition fans and fellas who still watch the '99 final in a facility.

Laughing stock. He's actually survived this and will be our manager at the weekend. Absolute embarrassment. This is how Arsenal's slide began and they actually had a proper manager.

Someone

Something
Keeping him at this point is insane. It'd be much better to have a caretaker for few games rather than Ole. The incompetence of those in charge is incredible.

It doesn't need to be a slow and painful death.

MichaelB1807

I want Ole to leave for the sake of the club, but I will never forget what he did for us as a player and some of the abuse he is getting is disgraceful. He is out of his depth, yeah, but that isn't his fault. I wouldn't walk either, because I would always have faith in my ability to turn it around.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

This is why hiring legends etc is a really bad idea. Clouds so much judgement.
With all due respect to the great man, we need younger people who are more in tune with the modern game, making/influencing these decisions.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The only plausible explanation is that the board and the Glazers are not able to agree on who and what kind of manager the next one should be. Probably want to see who might be available next summer (Poch, Tuchel, Den Hag etc.).

I think it would make more sense to get e.g. Conte for the remaining season as he at least would drill the squad properly and get them in better shape physically and mentally. Also he can help getting rid of a few players in January if possible and bring some reasonability when it comes to the contract situation of others.

Mainoldo

The only plausible explanation is that the board and the Glazers are not able to agree on who and what kind of manager the next one should be. Probably want to see who might be available next summer (Poch, Tuchel, Den Hag etc.).
Mate this isn’t lasting a season.

Sviken

Logically the situation is untenable with so many leaks of dressing unrest. Logically he’ll be gone soon. But I find it difficult to be patient and just want to break something when I see all the new tweets saying that he’s going nowhere tbh.
Our board isn't very well known for using logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.