• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. StrangeHate

I’m up for Rodgers or Ten Hag.

Yes, you showed a 30 pass move that led to a goal, what about the majority of 30 pass moves that lead to nothing ? I Know that’s part of possession football, but most of our fan base will quickly get bored especially when it’s 70 minutes and we’re drawing 0-0.
At the moment it is the opposition doing 30 pass moves mostly while we are chasing shadows. I have never heard a single peep from the fans.

lilcurt

United are not suitable for him as a manager. By that I mean
1) The pundits will be on his back very quickly if the passing doesn’t turn into creating chances. And start acting like it’s boring
2) Even when he wins I can just imagine Scholes moaning about 70% possession, but only 5 shots on target and 2 goals.
3) Majority of United fans genuinely don’t have the patience for 20 passes, waiting for the killer moment, the right opposition player to be out of position, before we speed things up and go for the killer ball. The crowd would go dead after the 5th pass or start screaming “attack attack attack”
5) 80% of his football is pretty much what LVG played, the 20% that people see on YouTube highlights is the bit that comes last, and the bit that we didn’t give LVG time to and players to implement.
Again take your point but feel you are comparing him too much to LVG, very different in style from what I have watched.

To my other question, who would you be looking to appoint?

Dominos

For those that think if we got beaten by City this weekend it will be the end of Ole. Think again, nothing is going to be worse than got beaten 5-0 at OT by Liverpool (and they took their foots off the pedal). Ole survived that. This shows you how incompetent Ed, Arnold and the so called football structure people in the club.

Ole will be sacked only when it's mathematically impossible for us to get Top 4. This is our current standard. Forget about challenging for the PL and CL, those are not the target nowadays.

With the individual brilliance we have in the team, we will be thereabouts Top 4. Hence, Ole is safe this season. Get used to supporting a Top 4 club. We are not the Man Utd under SAF when finishing 2nd (even 1 point off the champion) was considered failed season.
This is flawed logic. What will get him sacked is the accumulation of bad results and humiliating defeats. Just because 5-0 Liverpool was the lowest point doesn't mean he can go and lose like that every game for the rest of the season because "well it's technically no worse than the Liverpool result so we'll have to keep him". Getting humiliated by both Liverpool and City is much worse than just Liverpool, so that could cause the board to pull the trigger. Jose was sacked way before top 4 was gone mathematically because it became obvious the season was all downhill and we had no chance of rescuing top 4 under him, the same could easily happen to Ole over the coming weeks. By all media reports he was very very close to the sack after Liverpool, it seems likely a couple of powerful influences (Ferguson) have convinced them to wait and see how the team bounces back before making the decision.

However, if we lose tomorrow I suspect it will be a more narrow scoreline loss, and combined with the somewhat positive results against Spurs/Atalanta I see him staying in a job. Add to that our board are utterly clueless as to who to appoint as next manager or who they could get as caretaker, they're basically just delaying and praying he turns it round so they don't have to face the fact they have no plan.

If we lost 6-0 tomorrow he'd obviously be gone over the international break. For who though I'm not sure, they should bring in the best interim possible to try rescue the bare minimum this season and then appoint permanent manager in the summer.

hobbers

Oh God they'll be playing us with a personal Pep point to prove won't they? They just lost their last match as well
Whilst Ole's been at the wheel Pep has won some cups and a league title.

Meanwhile Ole got a couple of derbies and won not getting sacked.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m up for Rodgers or Ten Hag.

Yes, you showed a 30 pass move that led to a goal, what about the majority of 30 pass moves that lead to nothing ? I Know that’s part of possession football, but most of our fan base will quickly get bored especially when it’s 70 minutes and we’re drawing 0-0.
Ten Hag and LVG are very different in their approach. The only commonality which they share is possession play and positional play but their approach is very different. LVG's style is more patient and low risk, while ten Hag combines a high risk, vertical approach with emphasis on quick possession play in combination with fast transitions. And he does that with the aim of playing the game in the oppositions half. One thing I doubt we'll see is the crowd get bored with ten Hag, whose teams are much more direct in comparison to LVG. I don't believe you should worry about that.

Again take your point but feel you are comparing him too much to LVG, very different in style from what I have watched.

To my other question, who would you be looking to appoint?
Rodgers or Tan Hag, I think both come with risk. Rodgers has a great history of over achieving with what he has and getting his teams in unexpected situations but then slipping up at the last hurdle. Title challenge with Liverpool, and two top 4 attempts thrown away with Leicester flopped when it was theirs to lose. But he did an exceptional job to get into those positions, but wondering if it might be a pattern.

Tan Hag, plays great football. We have a great squad, so in theory should not take long to get the squad playing his way. But don’t know how he’ll cope against managers who only want to win.

manichester

The wheel turns from Moyes to LVG to Jose to Ole and the cycle will continue until there are major changes in how the club is run. If a new manager comes in now we will be here again.

Redfrog

I think it's you who's doing the assuming. People in here are talking about going for Ten Hag, Potter or another manager with zero experience because they're "available". How about we just wait until the end of the season before we appoint a new manager? I'm not saying Ole shouldn't be sacked if results don't improve either.
Nice idea, another season down the drain…
As an extra we can watch depressing football as well !

Wait, wait, wait…the only thing the board is good at…

Redfrog

The wheel turns from Moyes to LVG to Jose to Ole and the cycle will continue until there are major changes in how the club is run. If a new manager comes in now we will be here again.
Just look at the names you have listed and you’ll know you are speaking nonsense.

All this managers are not good enough and have done nothing before or after us.

Fergie was a success not because he had time or because of the board but because he was one of the best manager in the world for a very long time. He even had great success under the Glazers while not spending money ! He would have been a success anywhere he would have been…

We are a great manager away from success and we are just waisting money and time supporting someone not good enough.

Redfrog

That’s what Liverpool said for 3 decades, then Klopp arrived.

It’s also what United said for almost 3 decades till SAF arrived.
Exactly ! If an already great manager isn’t available, we have to try for the upcoming manager. Ten Hag looks good because he already had success in Champions League and is playing great football and dismantling big teams…he can be an Aberdeen kind of Fergie.

What we know is that we are going nowhere with Ole and are just wasting time.

crossy1686

career ending
Exactly ! If an already great manager isn’t available, we have to try for the upcoming manager. Ten Hag looks good because he already had success in Champions League and is playing great football and dismantling big teams…he can be an Aberdeen kind of Fergie.

What we know is that we are going nowhere with Ole and are just wasting time.
This is a very loose term of success.

Jardim did better with Monaco in a better league, his name used to appear top of all the polls on here for next manager. Di Matteo won a CL, now that's success. Villas Boas went a whole season unbeaten, winning a quadruple in the process, and then went on to write a 40 page dossier on how to beat Barcelona in their pomp, unfortunately he couldn't hack it in the PL.

Having a couple of good games in the CL doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, especially against the worst Madrid, Barcelona, United, Juventus etc teams in recent years, it's not a good measure of anything.

Mainoldo

Jardim did better with Monaco in a better league, his name used to appear top of all the polls on here for next manager. Di Matteo won a CL, now that's success. Villas Boas went a whole season unbeaten, winning a quadruple in the process, and then went on to write a 40 page dossier on how to beat Barcelona in their pomp, unfortunately he couldn't hack it in the PL.

Having a couple of good games in the CL doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, especially against the worst Madrid, Barcelona, United, Juventus etc teams in recent years, it's not a good measure of anything.
Di Matteo was an obvious fluke and Roman was just being nice. The man use to manager WBA impressing no one.

AVB failed miserably at Chelsea and Jardim had the best Monaco team since the 90’s.

Ten Hag is a risk but he is noway a Di Matteo neither does he have an amazing team like Jardim or AVB’s Porto.

crossy1686

career ending
Di Matteo was an obvious fluke and Roman was just being nice. The man use to manager WBA impressing no one.

AVB failed miserably at Chelsea and Jardim had the best Monaco team since the 90’s.

Ten Hag is a risk but he is noway a Di Matteo neither does he have an amazing team like Jardim or AVB’s Porto.
There's many grey area's within comparisons but a decent CL run doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, neither does a bad one. Fergie went out in the group stages a couple of times and also won it.

I agree that Ten Hag is a risk, especially when you also consider Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, Bayern, Inter, Tottenham, Dortmund, PSG, Roma and even Newcastle have all changed managers in the last 12 months and Ten Hag wasn't even considered by any of those clubs.

Surely "the next big thing" would have been heavily courted by a few of those big names?

Did Jardim, Di Matteo and AVB take a side long into the Champions League playing some brilliant stuff and then.... here's the important bit, did they manage to then be part of a rebuilding job after losing 6 of their first team players, so that within 2 years they looked like a CL force again and playing the same brilliant brand of football?

Or... did they utterly crumble when asked to rebuild a new side?

If I remember right, people only ever wanted Jardim as a possible caretaker when Mourinho was fecked off.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

There's many grey area's within comparisons but a decent CL run doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, neither does a bad one. Fergie went out in the group stages a couple of times and also won it.

I agree that Ten Hag is a risk, especially when you also consider Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, Bayern, Inter, Tottenham, Dortmund, PSG, Roma and even Newcastle have all changed managers in the last 12 months and Ten Hag wasn't even considered by any of those clubs.

Surely "the next big thing" would have been heavily courted by a few of those big names?
Well it depends doesn’t it. I feel Ten Hag knows what type of team he needs to be at next and I wouldn’t be surprised if even if those clubs wanted him he turned them down.

Ideally he’s the next City manager and would probably do well. Will he win as much at Pep, I doubt it. But he’s capable of continuing that philosophy and being a success

United is different as we have no style except a United DNA which I don’t think anyone actually knows what it means. To me it’s just Harry Maguire. To you it might be wingers delivering crosses? But eitherway he’d have to identify which players can fit into his system and that could take time.

My only concern with these managers is we decided to give 3 years to a fraud. How does the club sell us that we have a new manager and with This already all star team. We need another 3 years. It’s a hard sell.

Best hope is Zidane.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well it depends doesn’t it. I feel Ten Hag knows what type of team he needs to be at next and I wouldn’t be surprised if even if those clubs wanted him he turned them down.

Ideally he’s the next City manager and would probably do well. Will he win as much at Pep, I doubt it. But he’s capable of continuing that philosophy and being a success

United is different as we have no style except a United DNA which I don’t think anyone actually knows what it means. To me it’s just Harry Maguire. To you it might be wingers delivering crosses? But eitherway he’d have to identify which players can fit into his system and that could take time.

My only concern with these managers is we decided to give 3 years to a fraud. How does the club sell us that we have a new manager and with This already all star team. We need another 3 years. It’s a hard sell.

Best hope is Zidane.
I'm curious, how does Ole not being good enough qualify him as a fraud?

Redfrog

Semi final of champions league is not loose success for Ajax, even less so when you beat Madrid at their turf so well. Je also went in the final of Europa. His team looks good this year in the champions league while he lost his best players few years ago.
I am not saying he will be a success but he has a chance when you see how he is doing with inferior players.

You are saying it wasn’t a good Madrid side. All right but we never seems to do this kind of things …when Madrid are good or bad…
By the way it was a madrid on decline but when you win 3 champions league on the trot decline is relative.

I think he is worth a shot, more so then staying with Ole.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don’t know if it’s my overriding pessimism or what, but I can’t see us getting rid, even if we lose this game. (Unless it’s another Liverpool like hammering).

He really really needs to go though.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is it. Big day today guys. Might be the final match for Ole and then we can reset as a group over the International break.
Honestly, I just won't believe it until I see it.
Clearly we weren't even remotely interested in Conte, and I just don't get the feeling that we have another manager lined up and ready to take over.
Personally, I'm just not convinced that Solskjaer is even close to being sacked, unless maybe if City wipe the floor with us.
Perhaps in that scenario, but only in that scenario.

Even then, I think we'd be looking at a caretaker manager from within, Carrick or Fletcher perhaps.
Hey, Steve Bruce is unemployed, he ticks alot of boxes for the board, Premier League experience, Club legend blah, blah, blah...:rolleyes:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Shit formation, shit tactics, shit manager.

An absolute farce that we need 7 defensive players to play mediocre defensive football.

NewYorkRed

Cardiff city playing 7 at the back at home against the mighty man city down a goal early.

What did he think would happen if we give a team like city total possesion at home and no outlets for our players? He’s an idiot

PoTMS

If he continues after today, the club is disrespecting the intelligence of its fans.

Rolaholic

Playing right into City's hands with this set up, wouldn't be surprised if the final scoreline ends up ugly after this start

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
All of Solskjaer's wins against City have come when United scored first.

thesheriffjw

5 at the back with 2 dm and still concede against a team with no striker!!!

Embarrassing

MattofManchester

I don't know how anyone can watch this and tell me Ole is the right one.

This is pathetic. Not just the results, but the performances all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.