g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Sack Watch

Should we replace the manager ?

• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

passtheball

Yeah, but those are Ole's words, standard PR guff that all managers are obligated to do after a game. Those words aren't a reflection of how the board feels about Ole moving forward.

If the board is in full support of Ole, they will release a statement saying as much. Like they've done numerous times during his tenure. No word at all is fairly damning for Ole.
I hope you are right, mate.

It's just that I have some trauma with how the club put out a similar Instagram post after the Liverpool game.

432JuanMata

I hope you are right, mate.

It's just that I have some trauma with how the club put out a similar Instagram post after the Liverpool game.
I’m thinking it’s because the board don’t really know what to do. They obviously are on the fence and maybe it’s because they don’t have a suitable replacement

ExoduS

I just don't understand why Ole doesn't quit himself. I would have so much respect for him if he quit himself. Is it money? Is that what owners want? I mean, if I would lose 5 or so million to quit, I would not do it haha. Fire me...
I mean there is no way back from this. We suck so badly. We never sucked this bad. We haven't been good at all entire year... 2+ months have passed and we lost to pathetic sides... What are we waiting? Sack Ole and let's move on... Damage to Ole's reputation and to club's reputation is gonna go lower and lower. He should have been sacked a month or so ago...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I just don't understand why Ole doesn't quit himself. I would have so much respect for him if he quit himself. Is it money? Is that what owners want? I mean, if I would lose 5 or so million to quit, I would not do it haha. Fire me...
I mean there is no way back from this. We suck so badly. We never sucked this bad. We haven't been good at all entire year... 2+ months have passed and we lost to pathetic sides... What are we waiting? Sack Ole and let's move on... Damage to Ole's reputation and to club's reputation is gonna go lower and lower. He should have been sacked a month or so ago...
By quitting, he stands to lose a lot more than £5m. The ink is barely dry on a 3 year £7.5m per year contract.

Flytan

Agree with every thing you said mate. It’s crazy how some think they’re “better” fans because they go to games. I live in Australia, I’ve been to England 4 times just to get to watch United, spend thousands on flights, hundreds on game tickets and then accommodation too, just to get to watch my team play. During the season, games are usually 2am-4am here, meaning I’m getting half a nights rest just to watch us play. But apparently people like myself shouldnt have a say because we weren’t fortunate to grow up within walking distance of the stadium.
"we're the biggest club in the world"

"the fans outside Manchester don't matter"

Pick one.

It's embarrassing, I've missed 2 united games in the past 5 years on TV. I don't understand why some fans think our opinions matter less.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I think Ole thinks he can turn things around. He is probably a bit deluded because he has lost trust of the supporters and likely the players too. It would be be best if Ole resigned. He will still get a pay out. Don't really agree with holding out for a large pay out considering he has let everyone down, then again it is a greedy sport.

RedDevil@84

I just don't understand why Ole doesn't quit himself. I would have so much respect for him if he quit himself.
Don't want your resume to read "that loser who gave up and quit when things got tough and gave the respect excuse".

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
People always make fun or a joke of clubs like Real Madrid/Chelsea/Man City of being trigger happy. They are like “circus” club.

Over the last 10 years, they backed it up with actual output in trophies.

In fact, we are about the same (minus the trophies).

Rotten to the core (top to bottom).

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Agree with every thing you said mate. It’s crazy how some think they’re “better” fans because they go to games. I live in Australia, I’ve been to England 4 times just to get to watch United, spend thousands on flights, hundreds on game tickets and then accommodation too, just to get to watch my team play. During the season, games are usually 2am-4am here, meaning I’m getting half a nights rest just to watch us play. But apparently people like myself shouldnt have a say because we weren’t fortunate to grow up within walking distance of the stadium.
It's sad, but some on here will never accept us as true fans.

Dixon Cunce

Bro, it's fans like yourself that help make our club as big as what it is.

I'm English but now live in Queensland and I don't get to see United play anymore. Like yourself, I support the club through the night.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I remember Solskjær saying a while ago that if he thought leaving united would be the best for the club then he’d walk away… was that just all lies? Surely he knows that walking away will get him a lot more respect from us fans and it looks better for him if he wants other jobs rather then being sacked. If he just admitted he’s done his very best and took us as far as he can then he’ll leave with a lot more pride but instead he’d rather ruin his legacy by staying which could make us end up finishing the season mid table… he’ll always be remembered for that.

Bratt

I remember Solskjær saying a while ago that if he thought leaving united would be the best for the club then he’d walk away… was that just all lies?
Has he really said that? You have a link to this?

Giggsyking

He went to Norway to bring the rest of his coaching staff from Molde, or maybe the current Molde manager who is doing much much better than him when he left.

AlexMG

The situation for Manchester United and Solskjaer is starting to resemble the pre-Tuchel Chelsea - Lampard relationship.

Since the beginning of the season, there has been no stability in the game, neither as a template nor as a mentality. As a result, there are unbalanced results. In other words, while the team conceded five goals from Liverpool in a week, we beat Tottenham by scoring three away goals a week later. Or, turn a match that was bad in the first half, in the second half, with individual talents taking responsibility. (For exp. Villareal vs Atalanta matches).

The emotional ups and downs that result from this instability are among the most distressing things for big team fans. We can win Watford and Villareal games ahead with a very good game, then lose out on Chelsea away and then a week later we can win with a clear score against Arsenal at home. Or other scenarios vice versa.

A great team doesn't have to deal with these fluctuations. For this reason, we should thank Ole, we have to agree with a coach who will take the team to the next level and gain an identity. . Otherwise, we will lose this season as well..

Last edited:

NK86

What do you think destroying a club means? Taking a gun and shooting at the stadium? Of course, he is right now destroying the club with his inability as a manager. If he continues at his position till the end of season, no surprise many talents in the squad will definitely leave the club. So his so-called building a great squad myth will also be erased. No need to say, we won’t get the top 4 and lose tonnes of cl money.

So you tell me, isn’t all of that destroying a club?
Naah. I don't think a poor season will "destroy" Man Utd. Piss us off, sure. But not screw us up badly for the future.

lilcurt

Morning to the rest.of the therapy group.

So I'm sure.thisnhas already been said but this is how I see it at the moment (potentially wishful thinking).

The board know it's time for Ole to go but they don't want to sack him without a long term or decent interim option available. I suspect they have told Ole his time is up but haven't announced it until they can sort the replacement.

To support this thinking I would suggest this is why Ole is now in Norway and the staff/players given a week off. Essentially told to get out of Dodge while the club sort it.

If this was the case I'd almost see this as the board being competent so although I think it's possible it also wouldn't suprise me if Ole is just on holiday and this mess continues. That being said, who would go for a break now when what is needed is graft and a plan!

My only concern with this at the minute is how there aren't leaks from the press about him still being sacked. I would have thought if we were looking, something would still be leaking out, so that's concerning.

Do you think there is much of a chance this is right? Or just wishful thinking?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Naah. I don't think a poor season will "destroy" Man Utd. Piss us off, sure. But not screw us up badly for the future.
You only have to look at Moyes tenure with us to see how much damage one poor season can do to a club.

AndySmith1990

Morning to the rest.of the therapy group.

So I'm sure.thisnhas already been said but this is how I see it at the moment (potentially wishful thinking).

The board know it's time for Ole to go but they don't want to sack him without a long term or decent interim option available. I suspect they have told Ole his time is up but haven't announced it until they can sort the replacement.

To support this thinking I would suggest this is why Ole is now in Norway and the staff/players given a week off. Essentially told to get out of Dodge while the club sort it.

If this was the case I'd almost see this as the board being competent so although I think it's possible it also wouldn't suprise me if Ole is just on holiday and this mess continues. That being said, who would go for a break now when what is needed is graft and a plan!

My only concern with this at the minute is how there aren't leaks from the press about him still being sacked. I would have thought if we were looking, something would still be leaking out, so that's concerning.

Do you think there is much of a chance this is right? Or just wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking. Knowing how useless the board are I'd say its more likely they've taken pity on Solskjaer and have sent him on holiday to clear his head, giving him time to think up the next killer formation, and ready to come back and turn things around against Watford.

United Hobbit

Looking at the list of players left behind, he barely uses most of them so he probably doesn't care what form they are in. :lol:

Meanwhile, Watford - which probably doesn't have many internationals - would already be working on their tactics against us.
:lol: very true unfortunately! So now is a golden opportunity for him to work with them and discover what some of them (the likes of VDB/ Sancho) can do, I believe Greenwood has been left behind to? You never know, he may actually find them to be useful. We are up the certain type of creek without a paddle if Ronaldo gets injured....

Rumour has it its because he's gonna walk.
Nah I don't think he would or he'd have done it already. Surely he could come to some sort of mutual consent agreement and get a partial pay out (say half). Football must be the only job you get a multi million pound payout for underperformance!

lilcurt

Wishful thinking. Knowing how useless the board are I'd say its more likely they've taken pity on Solskjaer and have sent him on holiday to clear his head, giving him time to think up the next killer formation, and ready to come back and turn things around against Watford.
I just don't get the logic, every performance this season has been poor other than Leeds on the opening day. Football people or not, I can't believe they don't see that and see the need for change.

Not only that, surely they are damaging the brand by making us look like a club that lacks ambition. Why spend 400m over his tenure and not then demand better results/performances.

Finally, in crisis I don't think you would give the team and coaches a week off. This is when the coaches need to be working in fixing the problems.

Perhaps wishful thinking, maybe you are right. It's just negligent from all involved if he isn't being moved on.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Critical moment in his final days of his tenure, he has the mood to go for a short holiday.
Instead of staying back to work on things or engage his remaining players.

Either he don't give a feck anymore or is pending the final death sentence by the club.

Bratt

Norway is beyond help.
A poll made on fb for united.no (official supporter club) has the following results.

1) Ole out immediately, new manager in - 9%, 76 votes
2) Give Ole the rest of the season, then appoint a new manager - 17%, 147 votes
3) Ole out immediately, interim manager in - 16%, 133 votes
4) Give Ole the opportunity to turn it around - 56%, 461votes
:houllier:

Ixion

Given they spent the last international break analysing what had been going wrong only to ship 4 at Leicester, 5 to Liverpool, 2 to City after...its probably best they don't actually spend this break doing anything.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Norway is beyond help.
A poll made on fb for united.no (official supporter club) has the following results.

1) Ole out immediately, new manager in - 9%, 76 votes
2) Give Ole the rest of the season, then appoint a new manager - 17%, 147 votes
3) Ole out immediately, interim manager in - 16%, 133 votes
4) Give Ole the opportunity to turn it around - 56%, 461votes
:houllier:
"Norway is just a shit Denmark"

Hey, not my words. I'm just repeating what someone else said as maybe they have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.