g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Sack Watch

Should we replace the manager ?

• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
No wonder Gary was sounded so confident that Ole wasn't going to be sacked after the 2-0 v city, he must have some insider knowledge from his mate fletch.
Hello? Anyone in there?
When he wasn’t sacked after the Liverpool debacle he never will be.

Amir

Why the feck are they being given a week off, they barely got out of a walk, strolling around the pitch Saturday, they should have been pulled into extra training after that abysmal lack of effort.
Looking at the list of players left behind, he barely uses most of them so he probably doesn't care what form they are in. :lol:

Meanwhile, Watford - which probably doesn't have many internationals - would already be working on their tactics against us.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Surely he is about to be sacked. I just can`t see how he would take a holiday while things are so shite. It all feels like someone is on a massive wum, Ole goes on holiday with family, Carrick and Mckenna offered new contract and now Woodward offered consultancy role. feckin surreal.
Nothing surprises me about MUFC.
The team, are a complete mess. The tactics are non-existent. The team have no idea how to solve the mess.
So....let's all go on holiday.
That's exactly what I'd expect our club to do.

choccy77

Just seen the news about Ole and his sudden holiday back home.

I think that is a clear sign that he know's he has to leave, but is waiting for them to sack him so he can get his money.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Looking at the list of players left behind, he barely uses most of them so he probably doesn't care what form they are in. :lol:

Meanwhile, Watford - which probably doesn't have many internationals - would already be working on their tactics against us.
If I were Watford, I'd be looking to get 3 easy points and working on goal difference.
We are there for the taking.

hobbers

Just seen the news about Ole and his sudden holiday back home.

I think that is a clear sign that he know's he has to leave, but is waiting for them to sack him so he can get his money.
Doesn't want to spend his last week having to look at or interact with VdB.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
i know, right! i can’t believe he’s even slept since the liverpool game. and i better not hear that he’s been eating food either. all the while i’ve been having to put up with being called “0-5 & 0-2 boy,” as well as “the smallest i’ve ever been with,” and introduced as “the least favourite son,” at a family gathering.

i don’t know how he can sleep at night. we all agree he’s out of his depth but he should be sleeping at the training ground until woodward old yellers him in the car park.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

choccy77

Good point made on Twitter tonight.

What's the point of sacking Ole and keeping the coaching staff. It's all or nothing and the board are unwilling to change thing's mid season it appears.

sparx99

This line of 'no obvious candidate' is really grinding my gears along with most options would be risky. What about the risk in not making a change. Ole is a known quantity at this point. Make a change already. It might work out!

I also keep reading about the Glazers being businessmen. Surely they want a ROI after buying Ronaldo, Sancho, Varane, Van De Beek, Maguire et al. The money they would make if we were successful with Ronaldo is off the charts.

sparx99

Good point made on Twitter tonight.

What's the point of sacking Ole and keeping the coaching staff. It's all or nothing and the board are unwilling to change thing's mid season it appears.
I mean those coaches can also learn from the head coach. A lot of their role would be running the session as dicated by the head coach. Relaying info from the analysis. I would bet a lot of money that Carrick at the least has tried to suggest something else. Ultimately, Ole is in charge.

Most coaches only bring 1-2 with them. I'd imagine Phelan gets the boot and Carrick/McKenna could get a tryout with any new hypothetical manager.

buchansleftleg

The worst thing about the recent 2 big defeats is that both coaches, Klopp and Pep actually specifically talked through how to take apart the team when we go for an attacking formation (Klopp) and how to play against us when we pack our defence (Pep).

I can see a lot of lesser teams take on these blueprints and pull the team apart if Ole stays on in any capacity.

The manner of both defeats was painful enough, but the coaches comments afterwards could end up costing us a lot more points in the medium term.

I'm just hoping that it's the case that 'Hooray....Hooray.....it's an Ole Holiday!" means he is actually leaving the club so we can get a fresh approach for the rest of the season.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
The gif on ole pointing left right centre and ronaldo’s point left right centre up down, comes to mind.

Haha, such a sorry noob.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Why the feck are they being given a week off, they barely got out of a walk, strolling around the pitch Saturday, they should have been pulled into extra training after that abysmal lack of effort.

I obviously want Ole gone but at least show some effort in games

I really hope the few people saying we've allowed him to go back to Norway to allow him to escape the media glare and give him some privacy when his sacking is announced are right, but that sounds far too decent and organised by our inept club so I massively doubt its the case
Rumour has it its because he's gonna walk.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The worst thing about the recent 2 big defeats is that both coaches, Klopp and Pep actually specifically talked through how to take apart the team when we go for an attacking formation (Klopp) and how to play against us when we pack our defence (Pep).

I can see a lot of lesser teams take on these blueprints and pull the team apart if Ole stays on in any capacity.

The manner of both defeats was painful enough, but the coaches comments afterwards could end up costing us a lot more points in the medium term.

I'm just hoping that it's the case that 'Hooray....Hooray.....it's an Ole Holiday!" means he is actually leaving the club so we can get a fresh approach for the rest of the season.
They also both admitted that the wins were piss easy, Klopp said he stopped at 0-5 because he didnt want to risk any injuries, and Pep said he made no subs even though they had played a Champions League match just 2 days earlier because the game was so easy .

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Ole did a great trop transitioning away from Jose and rebuilding the playing list.

But he is not the manger who can take this club to the next level.

Ole is a club legend but he is not the manager that is most suitable for this club right now.

SAFMUTD

Ole did a great trop transitioning away from Jose and rebuilding the playing list.

But he is not the manger who can take this club to the next level.

Ole is a club legend but he is not the manager that is most suitable for this club right now.
This exact same argument must been posted about 3,545,538 times.

Cloud7

There’s nothing inherently wrong with having Carrick and McKenna as part of the coaching staff. If we get a manager who actually coaches the team, rather than believes himself to be above it for no clear reason, and said manager brings in some of his own coaches so that our two guys aren’t the only coaches, I don’t see why they can’t contribute something.

The big issue with the Carrick McKenna setup right now is that they’re both left to do the coaching on their own, which is ridiculous. If you gave them as two extra coaches to Pep or Klopp, managers who actually coach despite being the top two managers in the world, I don’t think those two setups will be worse off for it.

I’m still not sure what Phelan does right now and so I won’t comment on it but he doesn’t seem like one that would have any reason to stick around when Ole goes.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
There’s nothing inherently wrong with having Carrick and McKenna as part of the coaching staff. If we get a manager who actually coaches the team, rather than believes himself to be above it for no clear reason, and said manager brings in some of his own coaches so that our two guys aren’t the only coaches, I don’t see why they can’t contribute something.

The big issue with the Carrick McKenna setup right now is that they’re both left to do the coaching on their own, which is ridiculous. If you gave them as two extra coaches to Pep or Klopp, managers who actually coach despite being the top two managers in the world, I don’t think those two setups will be worse off for it.

I’m still not sure what Phelan does right now and so I won’t comment on it but he doesn’t seem like one that would have any reason to stick around when Ole goes.
Carrick, Mckenna and the new guy can go to train the youth teams...you know, where they should've been all this time.

choccy77

So not only has Ole taken his kids out of school during term, he also flew on a private jet.

This man is just pure evil.

choccy77

Carrick, Mckenna and the new guy can go to train the youth teams...you know, where they should've been all this time.
These guys should not be coaching a Premier League Team as their first role or few years of coaching.... Just wouldn't happen elsewhere...even if the manager was inexperienced they would usually have a strong and experienced coaching setup.

Zapata

They need to get it over with so the fans can move on and have something to look forward to. This has run its course.

Foxbatt

It was not only Klopp and Pep. Owen and Scholes said before the match what was going to happen. Against City DeGea was so good he kept the score down to 2. If he was not on top of his game, they could have scored 5 too.

432JuanMata

It was not only Klopp and Pep. Owen and Scholes said before the match what was going to happen. Against City DeGea was so good he kept the score down to 2. If he was not on top of his game, they could have scored 5 too.
The worst part about both defeats especially City is the fact they were in cruise control. Yes DeGea kept the score down but it felt like if City needed to win 4-0 they easily could.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
These guys should not be coaching a Premier League Team as their first role or few years of coaching.... Just wouldn't happen elsewhere...even if the manager was inexperienced they would usually have a strong and experienced coaching setup.
It happens all the time?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've copied the below from Samuel Luckhurst.

Moyes's last game: Everton on Easter Sunday, sacked two days later on the Tuesday.
Van Gaal's last game: Palace on Saturday, sacked two days later on the Monday.
Mourinho's last game: Liverpool on Sunday, sacked two days later on the Tuesday.

432JuanMata

I've copied the below from Samuel Luckhurst.

Moyes's last game: Everton on Easter Sunday, sacked two days later on the Tuesday.
Van Gaal's last game: Palace on Saturday, sacked two days later on the Monday.
Mourinho's last game: Liverpool on Sunday, sacked two days later on the Tuesday.
So Ole has lasted the magical 3 days since City so he is staying ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Same here. I think this is done now. Why would he leave the country? Not all of the players are on international duty, Shaw and Rashford pulled out for example. In the midst of poor results you would assume he would be on the training ground trying to set things right.

Looks to me like he has been told he is done. You also have mystic Rio putting his two cents in.

I expect the announcement late today.
Just this strong feeling. When I saw him just sitting on the bench, looking resigned when his team was beat up and toyed around; I think he knew the verdict already.

AussieDevil

Sheesh, live in Manchester? Go to games? That's your barometer for how good a supporter you are? Some of us don't live close but I'll tell you for free, you have fans in Asia who don't sleep so they can watch United, fans in Africa who paint their cars the colours of United and plan their lives around United and are so passionate about the club even through these tough times so you can't say they aren't ardent fans. I lived in Manchester briefly for work, stayed in Ancoats not far from the CIty ground and was able to go to Old Trafford a few times and it was great and if I lived in Manchester would surely have a season ticket and go every game and so would millions others, so don't make it seem because you have that opportunity that others that don't aren't as important a fan as you.

I've lived away from Rotterdam for a while, go back as often as I can and also catch my boyhood club Feyenoord from time to time, I grew up 10 mins from the training ground and my family have supported them for decades. Just because I can't go to games anymore because I work in Dubai doesn't make me any less of a Feyenoord fan too.
Agree with every thing you said mate. It’s crazy how some think they’re “better” fans because they go to games. I live in Australia, I’ve been to England 4 times just to get to watch United, spend thousands on flights, hundreds on game tickets and then accommodation too, just to get to watch my team play. During the season, games are usually 2am-4am here, meaning I’m getting half a nights rest just to watch us play. But apparently people like myself shouldnt have a say because we weren’t fortunate to grow up within walking distance of the stadium.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

True. I don't mind with Carrick and McKenna here. They've been with 3 managers, familiar with the squad and how things are going within United. It's important to smooth the transition. They both seem like modest guys with no ego, and should work well with the next regime.
And you hit the nail that making them as main coaches is the big problem.

AussieDevil

It’s Monday night in America, so Joel Glazer has already made his decision and considering we haven’t heard anything, it all but cements Ole being here for Watford.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The worst part about both defeats especially City is the fact they were in cruise control. Yes DeGea kept the score down but it felt like if City needed to win 4-0 they easily could.
There was a stonewall penalty near the end that wasn't given, because the ref pitied us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah got away with that. Nothing wrong with losing 2-0 to City but that was like a training match it was horrible
True. It was raining also, and it supposedly ruin a possession based team like City more. It's like Chelsea welcoming Barca with sprinkler but bigger.

432JuanMata

True. It was raining also, and it supposedly ruin a possession based team like City more. It's like Chelsea welcoming Barca with sprinkler but bigger.
It was such a walk it was embarrassing. The sad part about the Liverpool game was I didn’t think they played that great and City were in second gear yet we got smashed twice

Status
Not open for further replies.