Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheato

I just don't understand why Ole doesn't quit himself. I would have so much respect for him if he quit himself. Is it money? Is that what owners want? I mean, if I would lose 5 or so million to quit, I would not do it haha. Fire me...
I mean there is no way back from this. We suck so badly. We never sucked this bad. We haven't been good at all entire year... 2+ months have passed and we lost to pathetic sides... What are we waiting? Sack Ole and let's move on... Damage to Ole's reputation and to club's reputation is gonna go lower and lower. He should have been sacked a month or so ago...
They gave him a 3 year contract in the summer. Worth 7m per season. There will probably be a clause in there that says if we do not reach top 4, they can sack him, but at the moment that is still achievable so getting rid of him now would cost the club tens of millions.

The fact that they have sent him off on holiday seems ominous though. In the other two international breaks, we played behind closed doors games against Burnley and Stoke. And he worked with all the players who were not picked for international squads or were coming back from injury. Cavani, Greenwood, DVB, Rashford, Lingard etc..

NK86

You only have to look at Moyes tenure with us to see how much damage one poor season can do to a club.
If we had hired well or recruited well after that, it wouldn't have mattered. Issue is our club is run by non-football people and that is the main issue.

stw2022

They gave him a 3 year contract in the summer. Worth 7m per season. There will probably be a clause in there that says if we do not reach top 4, they can sack him, but at the moment that is still achievable so getting rid of him now would cost the club tens of millions.
Unless the terms were written by a child (with our club not ruling it out) it definitely won’t.

Salary X remaining years on contract as compensation stopped being a thing 5 minutes after clubs realised how expensive that was and that was probably some time in 1994

Not to say there aren’t early termination compensation clauses but that definitely isn’t how it’s calculated. It’ll be something like full pay equivalent of x % remaining on contact then a flat rate one off payment

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would think that at this stage we would first hear about the caretaker choice before the Ole sack. Because there's no smoke anywhere on either front, I think he's here for Watford and beyond.

stw2022

Lot of work to do to turn this around. Ole’s probably going to be at the training ground at 7am. I know that the lads are away on international duty but his coaches can analyse and plan and….

…oh he’s on holiday, isn’t he!

red4ever 79

Relax guys. He is gone. You dont send him to Norway unless you are basically telling him to get out.

All this squad having a week off is nonsense.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Relax guys. He is gone. You dont send him to Norway unless you are basically telling him to get out.

All this squad having a week off is nonsense.
This is what I'm clinging too.

The idea that a manager and team who are in this much shit can have a week off is mind boggling otherwise..

red4ever 79

Morning to the rest.of the therapy group.

So I'm sure.thisnhas already been said but this is how I see it at the moment (potentially wishful thinking).

The board know it's time for Ole to go but they don't want to sack him without a long term or decent interim option available. I suspect they have told Ole his time is up but haven't announced it until they can sort the replacement.

To support this thinking I would suggest this is why Ole is now in Norway and the staff/players given a week off. Essentially told to get out of Dodge while the club sort it.

If this was the case I'd almost see this as the board being competent so although I think it's possible it also wouldn't suprise me if Ole is just on holiday and this mess continues. That being said, who would go for a break now when what is needed is graft and a plan!

My only concern with this at the minute is how there aren't leaks from the press about him still being sacked. I would have thought if we were looking, something would still be leaking out, so that's concerning.

Do you think there is much of a chance this is right? Or just wishful thinking?
Morning @lilcurt here we go.... Again

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have the chance to go and watch our next game but I’ve turned it down for multiple reasons. A big one is that I’m wondering why I’d pay so much for a train journey and everything else when there’s such a high chance of us playing like absolute shit.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's not how it happened with Mourinho
Mourinho was fracturing the dressing room and was confrontational with the board. He was publicly showing his distaste for what was going on so I think the board acted quicker.

That said his method of no nonsense is probably a desired streak in any manager and I didn't find his lows near as bad as Ole's.

RedDevilQuebecois

Norway is beyond help.
A poll made on fb for united.no (official supporter club) has the following results.

1) Ole out immediately, new manager in - 9%, 76 votes
2) Give Ole the rest of the season, then appoint a new manager - 17%, 147 votes
3) Ole out immediately, interim manager in - 16%, 133 votes
4) Give Ole the opportunity to turn it around - 56%, 461votes
:wenger:
Biased, deluded and moronic.

I'm sorry, but they answer that way because they know that none of their sons will ever get a job this big ever again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have the chance to go and watch our next game but I’ve turned it down for multiple reasons. A big one is that I’m wondering why I’d pay so much for a train journey and everything else when there’s such a high chance of us playing like absolute shit.
The atmosphere in the stadium is also very fragmented. I think certain fans are getting a bit more confrontational with each other now, at least this was my experience from Everton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas

Open to offers
I would think that at this stage we would first hear about the caretaker choice before the Ole sack. Because there's no smoke anywhere on either front, I think he's here for Watford and beyond.
We didn't hear about Ole before Jose was sacked, did we? Not at all. We'll hear about the caretaker once Ole goes. This is one of the few things the club now does quietly.

red4ever 79

The idea that a manager and team who are in this much shit can have a week off is mind boggling otherwise..
I agree. A club in this much of a crisis, even with internationals does not send the manager on holiday. I mean it's ridiculous when you stop and think about it. Likely he has been put on gardening leave, pending search for a replacement which is what I think is happening right now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We didn't hear about Ole before Jose was sacked, did we? Not at all. We'll hear about the caretaker once Ole goes. This is one of the few things the club now does quietly.
I don't think Ole was linked up as the caretaker pre-sack. Think we just struck quickly because Jose needed the boot and then looked at who was available. I remember it was tight between a few candidates, then Ole vs Blanc, then Ole.

red4ever 79

I don't think Ole was linked up as the caretaker pre-sack. Think we just struck quickly because Jose needed the boot and then looked at who was available. I remember it was tight between a few candidates, then Ole vs Blanc, then Ole.
Not true. Ole was never mentioned at all. It was completely blindsided

Highfather_24

Imagine if he is actually just on a holiday though. He's probably fishing right now with "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta" playing in the background. Living out his life like some version of Office Space.

Gordon Godot

I agree. A club in this much of a crisis, even with internationals does not send the manager on holiday. I mean it's ridiculous when you stop and think about it. Likely he has been put on gardening leave, pending search for a replacement which is what I think is happening right now.
THe trouble is that the decision makers at this club are so utterly inept that noone knows. Quite how a clown like Woodward has survived this long is astonishing. Part of the problem now is that a decent DoF or manager will call out their ignorance and terrible decision making. Sadly Sir Alex is now also part of the problem, as other posters have identified. The clud needs to move into the 21st century and the latest approach to sport, both onfield and off, not still be looking backwards

Foxbatt

Does Fletcher have his licence? If so he may get it. I sincerely hope not.

dove

Looks like you didn't get a memo. We will be playing front foot, positive, attacking football. You sure you want to miss it?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not true. Ole was never mentioned at all. It was completely blindsided
He was mentioned. I remember it quickly being tipped between him and Blanc. Reason I remember this was because I recall begging it to be Blanc and having a heated debate with a work colleague on why it shouldn't be Ole :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks like you didn't get a memo. We will be playing front foot, positive, attacking football. You sure you want to miss it?
Gutted I’ll miss the ‘reaction’ now that the players have looked at themselves in the mirror.

Rajma

Hopefully it’s a last time we hire the club legend, at least under this spineless leadership team.

Judas

Open to offers
Nah pretty sure everything we've heard since pointed to Ole being told before the axe fell on Jose, even if it wasn't massively in advanced.

There's nothing to read in to not having much clue on who is replacing him yet, Ole's sack will be the news first.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Mind boggling at other clubs perhaps. At Manchester United it's not the slightest bit surprising under the worst ownership model in the league.

If he'd been sacked we'd know by now. It would have leaked by now so they clearly intend for him to come back next week after taking a few days off.

The Glazers don't care.

red4ever 79

He was mentioned. I remember it quickly being tipped between him and Blanc. Reason I remember this was because I recall begging it to be Blanc and having a heated debate with a work colleague on why it shouldn't be Ole :lol:
:) As Tina Turner would say ' if i could turn back time'

Ixion

My guess is the club has said nothing has been decided but we're going to discuss things so take a few days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.