Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I think a loss to Watford will see him gone… a draw may save him until we get beat of villareal… and if he manages to stay until our next home game then it will be interesting to see if the fans turn on him… that’s what it might take… that’s what it took spurs to sack there’s… saying that though Solskjær survived a 5-0 hammering to the scousers and all the fans walked out at halve time so it makes you think if you can survive that then you’ll survive anything!
If the manager survives 2 hammerings from Liverpool and City in 2 weeks, he is surviving the next 10 games.

I mean we've been outplayed and outclassed by every team apart from Spurs this season and nothing has been done.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we are looking at a new manager I think we would keep the media out of the loop. So why would he know anything at this point?
such information always leak out and Romano is one of the few half decent journalists. I hate the guy with a passion but he's usually spot on

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not if we keep losing. Things change.
Keep losing? That line has been trotted out a lot over the last couple of months or so. The issue is that where the fans and everybody else draws the line is obviously completely different from the club. How many games do we accept losing? Are they legitimately happy to see him blow top 4 before sacking, or even leave it till the summer? I'm not even remotely convinced they'll sack Ole in the summer, they'll string all our gullible supporters along by talking about all these players they're hoping to sign and take all the heat away from Ole.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We got humiliated by Liverpool and City at home. Rival fans are singing Ole at the wheel. What can be possibly worse than that?

I think that Ole will stay up until top 4 is no longer possible.
A lot. Ronaldo made fun of the manager on live TV. What if the players refuse to train under him or worse come out with public statements of discontent? It's just a matter of time.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Predictions:

Watford - 3-2 Win
Villarreal - 3-1 Loss
Chelsea - 3-0 Loss
Arsenal - 2-1 Loss
YB - 4-1 Win

Ole safely into the easiest run of fixtures of the season.
He'll get a battling 1-1 against Arsenal at home which will impress the increasingly easily impressed Old Trafford fans after a draw and 2 losses in the previous 3 games.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How can you be neither? The manager can be either a winner or a loser. Ok managers managing small clubs like let's say Torquay United, Salford or Tottenham can't be rated in such binary way. However we're Manchester United. The manager had been given 3 years and 415m to spend. Its fair to say that his lack of trophies does describe what he is.
There’s more ways to measure success or lack of it than just trophies. It’s not that black and white

MUFC OK

He'll get a battling 1-1 against Arsenal at home which will impress the increasingly easily impressed Old Trafford fans after a draw and 2 losses in the previous 3 games.
Entirely plausible, we’re wandering into another sh*tshow run of results due to the board’s refusal to replace the manager.

Worrying that we are going into those games with such lowered expectations. I think with the results you describe Ole inexplicably survives.

golden_blunder

Staff
Building foundations might be the worst achievement possible. Imagine having something like the following on your CV: "I was pretty much terrible at my job but I built the foundations for someone better than me to actually do the job correctly".
Funny I could have swore a whole bunch of Lvg fans banged on about foundations at Bayern, Ajax, Barca etc. not that I agreed with that in his time at United.
I think ole has done a decent job up to a point. He’s rebuilt the squad to better place than what it was before.
However as I’ve already said he’s gone as far as he can.
I don’t think he deserves the dogs abuse from United fans. I think our support should grow up a bit

golden_blunder

Staff
The signings he’s made are huge names though geebs! He’s not unearthed any talent whatsoever.

He’s been indulged with half a billion, and many (most?) of his signings have regressed under him or are sat on the fecking bench due to his cowardly tactics!

He’s given contracts to players who should’ve been moved on and hoarded players who want out.

The squad is bloated and top heavy, and if we’re honest, most on here could’ve made those signings.
He has made punts for the future, our fans are just too impatient, everything has to be now, now, now.

MUFC OK

He has made punts for the future, our fans are just too impatient, everything has to be now, now, now.
Who are these punts for the future, Sancho at £73m? Amad £30+m?

Or are we talking about the signings for the youth team? If so, when will they get game time whilst the manager is battling for his job and we have a string of higher earners who also want to play?

golden_blunder

Staff
Look lads, some of you gave raised valid points, others can’t see the woods fir the trees. My biggest point is, yes he deserves to go, no he doesn’t deserve childish names. Save that for the board not doing their oversight and follow through

JuriM

Look lads, some of you gave raised valid points, others can’t see the woods fir the trees. My biggest point is, yes he deserves to go, no he doesn’t deserve childish names. Save that for the board not doing their oversight and follow through
Finally someone to rep! It has got so out of hand and it's nothing to do with Ole personally.. Just stop acting stupid.

Matriac

People think so since there's a clip of him using arm signals of people running all over the place after one of the scouse goals, and it's the same arm movement Ole has been caught on tape with in other games before.

It's just as likely that he was frustrated with the team in the moment and thought they ran all over the place before the goal.

Withnail

People think so since there's a clip of him using arm signals of people running all over the place after one of the scouse goals, and it's the same arm movement Ole has been caught on tape with in other games before.

It's just as likely that he was frustrated with the team in the moment and thought they ran all over the place before the goal.
Hmmm... In that case the claim he made fun of him seems very like straw clutching.

devilish

There’s more ways to measure success or lack of it than just trophies. It’s not that black and white
In terms of Ole what would it possibly be? Trophies are non existent, I've shown that his transfers weren't that great and he hasn't produced many kids either. If rumours are true he is also listing his grip over the dressing room. I fully agree that we should be more elegant in describing a club legend. However there aren’t many positives surrounding Ole's reign

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Got to hope Romano isn't as clued up as he comes across and he is just making an educated guess.
My god, why do people think this?

He just parrots information from other journalists 99% of the time. Very rarely breaks anything new. He'd even recorded a video saying Solskjaer was sacked the other week and it got leaked, just so he can get it out there 'first' and appear to be in the know.

He's very good at appearing informed and keeping on top of all the developing stories, but he's just one of those 'transfer news' Twitter accounts with a face.

Reactions: Solius

devilish

A lot. Ronaldo made fun of the manager on live TV. What if the players refuse to train under him or worse come out with public statements of discontent? It's just a matter of time.
But its evident that Ole is losing the dressing room and the 9 day fishing holiday trip won't help. I am not pontificing here. I am surprised that Ole is still at the job as the next guy. It seems that standards and pride don't exist anymore

The only thing worse to this is for fans to take matters in their hands through heavy protests.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
We all respect Ole, the player. But how about Ole, the manager? Yes, abuses are childish and it must stop. But, how about comparing his managerial qualities to that of a P. E. TeEcher? How about saying that he is a fraud manager? It's just assessing his capabilities as a manager, not name calling or abuse, Isn't it? And why this special protection layer for Ole? How about some of our current and former players and managers? The real abuse and name calling is happening there.

And why only the board? Ole, if he really loves the club, should have walked at least after the pool game. He decided to stay and take the club down with him. So, he deserves all the valid criticism and comparisons on his qualities as a manager.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
In terms of Ole what would it possibly be? Trophies are non existent, I've shown that his transfers weren't that great and he hasn't produced many kids either. If rumours are true he is also listing his grip over the dressing room. I fully agree that we should be more elegant in describing a club legend. However there aren’t many positives surrounding Ole's reign
He has broken all sorts of negative records here. If not for COVID and Bruno he would have been long gone.

devilish

Who exactly? The core of our team is in their late 20s or early/late 30s. Ole is not even giving kids a chance

RedBanker

I love you Ole
But its evident that Ole is losing the dressing room and the 9 day fishing holiday trip won't help. I am not pontificing here. I am surprised that Ole is still at the job as the next guy. It seems that standards and pride don't exist anymore

The only thing worse to this is for fans to take matters in their hands through heavy protests.
I don't know whose idea the break was. In our jobs we are not allowed to vacay while our office is burning. But what do I know about managers earning millions of pounds!

red4ever 79

Who exactly? The core of our team is in their late 20s or early/late 30s. Ole is not even giving kids a chance
Maybe he means the players he has bought but not given any chances to like Diallo, Pellestri. He certainly cannot be referring to the talented youngsters in our youth set up who do not get any opportunity the likes of Elanga, Hannibal, Shoretire, Mengi

golden_blunder

Staff
Sorry but this is as far removed from the truth as possible.
Really? Have you not read the youth forum threads or individual performance threads for Hannibal, Galbraith, elanga, Mengi, etc etc
Our fans think every promising youngster should be chucked straight in,‘it’s been that way for a few years. I’m specifically talking about young players not about United’s lack of speed for sacking etc

golden_blunder

Staff
I mean he has bought pellestri and Diallo to name 2. Just because they’ve gone on loan doesn’t mean he hasn’t thought about the future

devilish

I don't know whose idea the break was. In our jobs we are not allowed to vacay while our office is burning. But what do I know about managers earning millions of pounds!
This is the stupidest decision I have ever seen in football. It made the manager look like a person who fled his job leaving a mess behind simply because he couldn't handle the pressure/couldn't be arsed. Ole should have cancelled the holiday and the club should have stopped him

It will hurt the club, the team, Ole the manager and Ole the legend.

MUFC OK

Maybe he means the players he has bought but not given any chances to like Diallo, Pellestri. He certainly cannot be referring to the talented youngsters in our youth set up who do not get any opportunity the likes of Elanga, Hannibal, Shoretire, Mengi
Careers stagnate under Ole, Tuanzebe turned 24 yesterday.. Has Rashford improved since he joined? Hannibal is nowhere near, Laid out on loan, Elanga and Amad have taken their chances and still dont get game time - it's an utter mess sadly.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How soft do you want to go? Everton who are 11th. Aston Villa who are 16th and sacked their manager. Leicester who are 12th.
I'm wondering where the excuses end. I have seen some on here say 'if we lose to Watford' he should be fired.

He should have already been fired. 4 points from 18 for Manchester United. 1 clean sheet in 23 games.

Jesus christ lads where have your standards gone.
I'm not sure how you take excuses out of what was written. Normally, these are set of fixtures United would expect to do well in, even during a tough period, but what's happening right now is unprecedented for the quality of squad we have. Morale is presumably low, and if we don't get a good result or two to set that run of fixtures off, how can the logical conclusion be anything other than things worsening as physical fatigue - due to poor rotation - sets in as well as mental fragility. We've seen it all season, what makes you, or anyone else, think things will somehow magically be different under the same management and coaching staff unless there's been an epiphany over the two weeks of club downtime?

By soft opponents to build confidence, it'd be legitimate relegation fodder or even games against lower league opposition. Winning is a habit just as much as losing or being plain or mediocre is.

red4ever 79

Careers stagnate under Ole, Tuanzebe turned 24 yesterday.. Has Rashford improved since he joined? Hannibal is nowhere near, Laid out on loan, Elanga and Amad have taken their chances and still dont get game time - it's an utter mess sadly.
I fully agree. It's another myth that Ole promotes youth. People like to believe he does because it's the Utd way, but the reality is the opposite.

devilish

I mean he has bought pellestri and Diallo to name 2. Just because they’ve gone on loan doesn’t mean he hasn’t thought about the future
How many games had he given them? How many games had he given to the likes of Hannibal? The guy gave Mata a contract extension and is rumoured to have begged Jesse to stay. He keep stocking attacking minded talent despite having such top young talent

gorky_utd

Rashford would have been a top top player under any other manager. Just look at vinicius jr and how he is performing this season. Don't think Greenwood is improving either. Ole has done nothing to improve young players.

red4ever 79

t
I'm not sure how you take excuses out of what was written. Normally, these are set of fixtures United would expect to do well in, even during a tough period, but what's happening right now is unprecedented for the quality of squad we have. Morale is presumably low, and if we don't get a good result or two to set that run of fixtures off, how can the logical conclusion be anything other than things worsening as physical fatigue - due to poor rotation - sets in as well as mental fragility. We've seen it all season, what makes you, or anyone else, think things will somehow magically be different under the same management and coaching staff unless there's been an epiphany over the two weeks of club downtime?

By soft opponents to build confidence, it'd be legitimate relegation fodder or even games against lower league opposition. Winning is a habit just as much as losing or being plain or mediocre is.
I'm sorry but there are no soft opponents in the EPL (exception of Norwich) Ole has demonstrated nothing to show that he can lead us to where we need to be which is challenging for the title. At the start of the season the expectation, his expectation was that we would be in a title race in April. week by week the expectations and standards lower. I agree with your fatigue point, lack of rotation and over reliance on the same players some who are injured, some who are rushed back from injury is nauseating.

I expect us to beat Watford. I expect Ole to come out with that grin and say we have turned the corner, the lads are committed, then we will lose to Chelsea

romufc

How many games had he given them? How many games had he given to the likes of Hannibal? The guy gave Mata a contract extension and is rumoured to have begged Jesse to stay. He keep stocking attacking minded talent despite having such top young talent
Its a myth, he used Brandon Williams because he had to, Shaw was injured and then he was nowhere to be seen.

Greenwood he used but is an elite talent, he was getting in regardless of the manager. Thats all, no one else really has had a look in.

As you say, he begs players to stay that he does not need, we could easily have sold 3/4 players if it wasn't for Ole.

He comes out in the media and talks about things like the United way, youth but he doesn't mean any of it. saying things doesn't mean you believe it.

The one thing Ole has in his favour is the United have a massive protective bubble around him, he can't even be questioned properly anymore by the journalists.

He is really tarnishing his reputation, I for one do not believe a word that comes out his mouth. I think some of the players are starting to realise that as well. I would hate to work for a manager like him.

It must feel really shit as a player when a manager keeps giving you false hope rather than the truth. He is ruining other peoples careers and ruining his relationship with the fans.

theklr

I genuinly believe they are trying to get someone new in , but I might be naive

Status
Not open for further replies.