Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How many games had he given them? How many games had he given to the likes of Hannibal? The guy gave Mata a contract extension and is rumoured to have begged Jesse to stay. He keep stocking attacking minded talent despite having such top young talent
Hannibal has been injured half the season. He’s spoken about him being groomed for Pogba’s position.

the others, just because he bought them doesn’t mean that they are ready for right now.

yes I’d question some of the decisions taken by him, the coaches and the club especially this season. I personally wouldn’t have kept mata, Lingard or grant.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Its a myth, he used Brandon Williams because he had to, Shaw was injured and then he was nowhere to be seen.

Greenwood he used but is an elite talent, he was getting in regardless of the manager. Thats all, no one else really has had a look in.

As you say, he begs players to stay that he does not need, we could easily have sold 3/4 players if it wasn't for Ole.

He comes out in the media and talks about things like the United way, youth but he doesn't mean any of it. saying things doesn't mean you believe it.

The one thing Ole has in his favour is the United have a massive protective bubble around him, he can't even be questioned properly anymore by the journalists.

He is really tarnishing his reputation, I for one do not believe a word that comes out his mouth. I think some of the players are starting to realise that as well. I would hate to work for a manager like him.

It must feel really shit as a player when a manager keeps giving you false hope rather than the truth. He is ruining other peoples careers and ruining his relationship with the fans.
Posts like these - This is why I talk about patience around our youth players. Most of them aren’t ready for PL or Manchester United first team. The players will get their chance when they are ready

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Rashford would have been a top top player under any other manager. Just look at vinicius jr and how he is performing this season. Don't think Greenwood is improving either. Ole has done nothing to improve young players.
You can't say that. Ole gas coached our youngsters to shoot as soon as they get the ball around the 18 yard area. Doesn't matter, the angle, the defender in front of you or the team mate in a better position. Don't even take a touch to adjust your feet, Just shoooot.... I mean, can't you see that change in Rashford and Greenwood?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
t
I'm sorry but there are no soft opponents in the EPL (exception of Norwich) Ole has demonstrated nothing to show that he can lead us to where we need to be which is challenging for the title. At the start of the season the expectation, his expectation was that we would be in a title race in April. week by week the expectations and standards lower. I agree with your fatigue point, lack of rotation and over reliance on the same players some who are injured, some who are rushed back from injury is nauseating.

I expect us to beat Watford. I expect Ole to come out with that grin and say we have turned the corner, the lads are committed, then we will lose to Chelsea
But there are teams where you are expecting to come out the other side with 3pts, even us, even now, and I don't see them in our upcoming run of fixtures, but hope to be proven wrong.

I'm not campaigning for Ole, by the way, and I'm not sure if, or how, you'd have taken that slant from what I've written. I think it's a really bad run of fixtures for us for the reasons I outlined in some post after saying it's an alarming run in relation to this version of us.

If I'm setting up Watford, I'm trying to get the team to bombard us with awkward crosses and exploiting the positioning and confidence of United's backline; I'm also trying to force as many corners and set plays as possible, because we're very possibly the worst team in the league at dealing with them. That game could obviously be us crushing them, as Ronaldo and co. obviously have that in them, but if it's a cagey first half, or they go up a goal, I don't see the sure win some are saying it will be.

romufc

Posts like these - This is why I talk about patience around our youth players. Most of them aren’t ready for PL or Manchester United first team. The players will get their chance when they are ready
I get that, I understand that it takes time for players to develop from youth level to first team. However; the point is also true that Ole hasn't really developed youth and brought them through like quite a few claimed before.

I understand that it is difficult to bring in players into the first 11 but when the first 11 players are performing like they are, managers give youngsters a chance. I mean AWB for example, is a terrible RB and been awful all season yet is first name on the team sheet.

That is what Ole is doing, he has his 9 first choice players and will not deviate regardless of form and results.

red4ever 79

But there are teams where you are expecting to come out the other side with 3pts, even us, even now, and I don't see them in our upcoming run of fixtures, but hope to be proven wrong.

I'm not campaigning for Ole, by the way, and I'm not sure if, or how, you'd have taken that slant from what I've written. I think it's a really bad run of fixtures for us for the reasons I outlined in some post after saying it's an alarming run in relation to this version of us.

If I'm setting up Watford, I'm trying to get the team to bombard us with awkward crosses and exploiting the positioning and confidence of United's backline; I'm also trying to force as many corners and set plays as possible, because we're very possibly the worst team in the league at dealing with them. That game could obviously be us crushing them, as Ronaldo and co. obviously have that in them, but if it's a cagey first half, or they go up a goal, I don't see the sure win some are saying it will be.
Ok got it. I misunderstood your defence, I thought you were defending Ole and trying to justify still being here because of the games we have had. What i think is even more telling than the results and lack of performances is the whispers of players being unhappy. You can see on the pitch players are not giving their all. When a manager loses the players he invariably will lose his job.

MUFC OK

I genuinly believe they are trying to get someone new in , but I might be naive
Confirmation bias. Don't get drawn in to rumours from "ITK's" and chancers on twitter. All reliable media outlets say Ole is here long term - believe that; any official confirmation otherwise is a bonus.

romufc

Are the holiday boys back in training?
Training? I am not sure they do train, its all just vibes FC, take a few shots, few practice freekicks and go home.

Have we seen anything from set plays to the football that we actually train?

RedDevil@84

Training? I am not sure they do train, its all just vibes FC, take a few shots, few practice freekicks and go home.

Its all about the passion and desire to do more than the opposition.

Rusholme Ruffian

You can't say that. Ole gas coached our youngsters to shoot as soon as they get the ball around the 18 yard area. Doesn't matter, the angle, the defender in front of you or the team mate in a better position. Don't even take a touch to adjust your feet, Just shoooot.... I mean, can't you see that change in Rashford and Greenwood?
I've definitely noticed the frustration in Ronaldo as Greenwood smashes another one into the hoardings rather than playing him in. It's another problem either created by (or at least not solved) by Ole. He's probably spent a couple of years coaching Greenwood to shoot on sight - and in one sense that's understandable cos until Ronaldo came back he was our best striker of the ball. The problem now is that Ronaldo is the best striker of the ball, and anyone playing alongside him needs to be providing a service to him rather than shooting all the time. This is Ole's problem to solve but he's failed miserably so far. I mean, logically you'd think that benching Greenwood would make most sense, and playing Sancho - Ole's new £73 million signing - a proven assist maker in the Bundesliga would bring out the best in Ronaldo. But Greenwood started so well (i.e. before Ronaldo arrived) it made dropping him hard to do, and Sancho hasn't been given a chance to find form. It's just really shitty management all round.

Castia

He must be wondering how the feck he’s still in the job, fecking useless.

romufc

Its all about the passion and desire to do more than the opposition.
Even that is a myth. Look at our stats this season, we run less, least pressures, least tackles, everything is so timid. We are naive as a team and that comes from the manager.

Look at top managers, the team plays with personality which comes from the manager.

We are a weak team just like the manager really.

Ted Lasso

Just seen the bit from Fabrizio Romano on United Stand about sticking with Ole as long as possible and maybe bringing in a new manager in the summer.

I'll assume this to be true for the moment. In which case it's time as fans to rally around the Glazers leaving. They're not here for football. Ole's continued tenure is a moot point in the grand scheme here. His not resigning is if anything, a sign of being complicit. Enough is enough.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Convenient that the club puts this up today and it starts with Neil saying "My first memory is from when Robins scored and apparently saved Ferguson's job" feckin hell the PR team is working overtime today..

more fecking propaganda.

Rick Clement is hero and this the spin doctors trying to leverage his story for some positive press.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Even that is a myth. Look at our stats this season, we run less, least pressures, least tackles, everything is so timid. We are naive as a team and that comes from the manager.

Look at top managers, the team plays with personality which comes from the manager.

We are a weak team just like the manager really.
It's hard to run for your life and do your absolute best (even if you want to) without conviction.

This is true at any level but especially so when you're so clearly outclassed in all dimensions of your profession and it's there for the world to see.

El Zoido

We got humiliated by Liverpool and City at home. Rival fans are singing Ole at the wheel. What can be possibly worse than that?

I think that Ole will stay up until top 4 is no longer possible.
It’s possible. The club clearly doesn’t want to sack him, but we can’t keep losing like this. The more we lose the uglier it’ll get, the players have more power. Our top players will be handing in transfer requests. Their hand will be forced.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If the manager survives 2 hammerings from Liverpool and City in 2 weeks, he is surviving the next 10 games.

I mean we've been outplayed and outclassed by every team apart from Spurs this season and nothing has been done.
At some point, the players have to revolt. International careers are being killed off, because Ole is not using players like VDB and some players do have professional pride. It can't be nice going home, game after game, getting humiliated by your fellow professionals.
If I were a MUFC player in our last match against MCFC, I'd go home depressed. Our players were denied the chance to touch the ball and that must've been completely demoralising.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Guys take it to the admin help forum and address it to whoever gave you the points as first port of call
I am sorry, how to do that? Could you please elaborate? Is @Wibble a mod? I remember getting a mail in his name with a "Quality Control" sub.

@red4ever 79 check your registered mail, you might have received a mail from caf with the mods name who gave you points.

EDIT: Found the admin help forum. So, i just create a new thread in there addressing @Wibble (assuming he gave me points)?

https://www.redcafe.net/forums/admin-mod-help-forum.14/

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Better to stamp out any possible embers of a season before making a change

United Hobbit

Annoyingly, the announcement about club shares discussions came up as "Club statement" on my app notification, I stupidly thought he'd finally gone

How SILLY of me

sunama

Baghdad Bob

If they do actually train, then the question has to be asked, "what the hell do they do in training sessions?".
Kevin D Bruyne, said that MCFC stopped training after 10 mins (when preparing for the game against MUFC). The following day, they humiliated MUFC.

Flytan

If they do actually train, then the question has to be asked, "what the hell do they do in training sessions?".
Kevin D Bruyne, said that MCFC stopped training after 10 mins (when preparing for the game against MUFC). The following day, they humiliated MUFC.
I mean it's not based on anything other than that one report of some of our players leaking that our sessions are like that are "U-19 level training sessions" but the moment I heard players liked training under Ole I just had assumed they aren't pushed very hard in training. Just seemed like the obvious answer when we weren't exactly playing well but players weren't making a fuss.

United Hobbit

Did someone say that run of games is "alarming?"

After Arsenal, we have literally the worst teams in the league up quite soon. Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle etc
We are currently one of the worst teams in the league. Not in terms of playing personnel but in every other aspect we are. We probably have the worst manager in the league.

Class of our players will probably see us through those fixtures, thus buying him even more time

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Building foundations might be the worst achievement possible. Imagine having something like the following on your CV: "I was pretty much terrible at my job but I built the foundations for someone better than me to actually do the job correctly".
Funny I could have swore a whole bunch of Lvg fans banged on about foundations at Bayern, Ajax, Barca etc. not that I agreed with that in his time at United.
Those LVG Zealots were absolutely bonkers.
Every time Jose won a match, one of them would pop up their head and say that the reason why we won that match was because LVG's foundation (which had to be ripped out when Jose arrived).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why? If that's alarming then any set of fixtures will look alarming.
Well yeah....any set of fixtures is alarming for us because we could get humiliated by pretty much any team.
The only team we have convincingly beaten recently was Spurs and they were so bad, their manager got fired immediately after the game.
We can't keep relying on playing a team so bad that they fire their manager straight after.

tomaldinho1

Well yeah....any set of fixtures is alarming for us because we could get humiliated by pretty much any team.
The only team we have convincingly beaten recently was Spurs and they were so bad, their manager got fired immediately after the game.
We can't keep relying on playing a team so bad that they fire their manager straight after.
Genuinely don't out it past Watford to wield the axe again.

United Hobbit

What do people honestly think will it take for them to finally sack him? At this point I'm honestly at the point of thinking nothing will.

He's got lucky that the next 3 games are away, take the heat off, its a shame the Chelsea game isn't at OT especially if we've had poor results vs Watford and Villareal

Giggsyking

While I want Ole sacked, I do at times wonder about the state of his mental health. Imagine having the majority of the fanbase clamouring for your sacking and having to endure the countless digs by opposition fans.
I mean he brought this upon himself by not resigning but I do feel a tad sorry for the guy, at a human level.
unless you make more than 7m pounds a year for being bad at your job, then you shouldnt feels sorry, he is not going to war ffs. People would take much more shit than him for fractions of what he is being paid.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Either replace him or have the balls to come out and say he’s got the season. The club have no respect for the fans, the players are all over the place and the manager has lowered the clubs’ standards to his own pathetic level. Please don’t tell me his job hangs on Watford. Fecking Watford my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.