Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah, he appears to have knocked a lot of things on the head. What happened to when he first came in and said we were unfit and he wanted to make us the hardest working team in the league? I thought that was why we had so many injuries. And for a while I remember us pressing. And we were. Now look at us. He seems to have totally given up on a lot of his ideas and principles and it’s baffling. In many ways it probably would’ve got better had we not bought Ronaldo and Sancho. Because now he doesn’t know what to do with them. It’s simply get it to Ronny, he’ll score. Greenwood, Rashford, shoot! We’ve become one dimensional and totally predictable. Because the one trick we did have, counterattacking, has been found out. So now he’s being forced to go after games and be aggressive and he doesn’t know how to do it. He doesn’t know how to control the ball. He just knows how to be better than the other team by having better players. And right now, even that doesn’t seem to be enough.
Actually the unfit things seems a common theme with new managers. Hasn't Conte said the same about the Spurs players?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

When I see tweets like this I can't help but wonder the sheer depth of the rift within our fanbase. On one hand you have fans like him who will defend Ole to the hilt, bordering on delusion, and on the other you have those calling him all sorts of names.

We're a broken club.
Is Pete Chapman Tom Cato?

JoaquinJoaquin

I find the Rogers bashing, quite interesting. Perhaps because he would not be a "glamourous" appointment, compared to Conte or Zidane or ten Hag etc?

But he's a million miles better than what you have currently, and is actually IMO a really, really good manager (if you can get past the teeth). As a City fan, I remember when we went to Swansea and they passed it around us like they were Barcelona. He had them playing really great, attacking football. He did a decent job at Liverpool and was whiskers away from winning the league. And he's been impressive at Celtic (of course) and subsequently at Leicester. You don't beat City 5-2 at our place by being rubbish.

With your resources and the quality of players you have, he'd get you top 4 this season, guaranteed. Maybe top 2 and conceivably if you changed quickly you could even still win it. And definitely challenging for the title next year.

VS stick with Ole and you have zero chance of any of that. If you can get Rogers, it's a no-brainer IMO. Of course personally speaking, I hope you still with Ole for as long as possible.
Good Post, and I tend to agree. Ten Hag is my ideal choice, but Rogers is still a million miles better than Ole.

The crazy thing is, with the quality this squad has, it doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. It just needs someone who can come in and implement a system and some tactical structure.

Anustart89

Can’t believe you lot are so cold-hearted that you don’t subscribe to the old adage “No player is bigger than the club, unless that player becomes manager in which case he’s family and his personal employment status goes above anything else at the club”.

You lot have no sense of family..

red4ever 79

Genuinely wonder if these tweets cause a bit of tension between them or if it’s just banter. Nev seems to get overly touchy so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was boiling inside.
Either way, banter or not our club is a laughing stock. Everyone can see it, Ole needs to go

Rook

When I see tweets like this I can't help but wonder the sheer depth of the rift within our fanbase. On one hand you have fans like him who will defend Ole to the hilt, bordering on delusion, and on the other you have those calling him all sorts of names.

We're a broken club.
I love that he's effectively pointing out nepotism but isn't quite capable of making the connection.

Reactions: Fortitude

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Feck off! Fans like this are part of the problem not the solution.
Top Reds are the supporter equivalent of anti-vaxxers. A pompous hivemind of idiots that choose to engage in delusional thinking in order to feel superior to others. No doubt pleasuring themselves regularly thinking about how noble and true of a fan they are, while they lie in their bed wishing the club gets relegated to League 2 so all the gloryhunters and plastics feck off.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Good Post, and I tend to agree. Ten Hag is my ideal choice, but Rogers is still a million miles better than Ole.

The crazy thing is, with the quality this squad has, it doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. It just needs someone who can come in and implement a system and some tactical structure.
I don’t particularly rate Rodgers but with this squad he’d have us competing for the title. Maybe not winning, but competing. His sides are well coached and tactically disciplined. Basically everything we aren’t right now.

passtheball

Top Reds are the supporter equivalent of anti-vaxxers. A pompous hivemind of idiots that choose to engage in delusional thinking in order to feel superior to others. No doubt pleasuring themselves regularly thinking about how noble and true of a fan they are, while they lie in their bed wishing the club gets relegated to League 2 so all the gloryhunters and plastics feck off.
True :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Finally someone gets me.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

We're a broken club.
The guy is just a random idiot of twitter, hardly a spokesman for a significant cohort of our fanbase.

The more vile abuse that's thrown at Ole, the more it will cause division though. I'm pretty sure most accept we need a new manager, but it's certainly divisive when you have sections of our supporters calling Ole a cnut this cnut that. It's unnecessary and frankly unpleasant.

RUCK4444

It all points to them all believing that they think things will just come good. The tactics will work eventually, the training and coaching will click eventually. It's just a bad nightmare.

I predicted a long time ago that getting rid of Ole would be the biggest shit show when the time comes and it looks like I vastly underestimated the whole thing. The level of incompetence and arrogance from the lot of them (Woodward down to Ole) is just off the scale. I don't know if the rest of the footballing world are watching all this but this is the biggest shit show I can remember in football. Will be pure entertainment for rivals or just anyone that doesn't support United.
Yeah even though I've been very supportive of Ole until this season I never really considered the difficulties we may face in getting rid of him. I think the club will be concerned from a PR perspective, a sideways move into the backroom staff somewhere might be something they would prefer if they can get Ole on board with that. It suits both of them really from a PR perspective as it doesn't look like a sacking, but it would mean Ole no doubt missing out on any payoff (unless that can be agreed behind the scenes.)

I think it's manageable but the problem we have is that the board and owners are inept and have no clear plan forwards for the club. I have no faith that they have even begun the process of identifying a replacement. It's my hope they will have started tentative talks with the likes of Ten Haag but it's nothing more than hope because I fully expect they have done nothing but sit on their hands and hope results improve.

The inaction of the board and owners and the distinct lack of direction is the much bigger concern than anything imo. What happens when Ole goes if we've done nothing to identify the right manager next, I despair at the thought of another caretaker manager just being given the job permanently through the lack of a clear plan.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That guy sounds like a demented Heisenberg.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
A battery to be run dry. Particularly so when believing in a cause that marks them out as stalwarts with a never say die spirit. It basically means you're there to be fleeced forever more and if anyone points that out, you have righteous indignation on your side and can tell them they aren't real fans and are thus the enemy/plastics.

It's not a thought experiment to see concluded, however, as these types will gladly tank the club fighting against an imaginary enemy.
Very MAGA-esque.

ShinjiNinja26

:lol: So true.

KingCavani

Genuinely wonder if these tweets cause a bit of tension between them or if it’s just banter. Nev seems to get overly touchy so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was boiling inside.
Knowing someone who knows Neville they’re pretty much best friends at this point so it’s definitely just a joke between them. He’s saying it precisely because it will wind him up.

Superden

ive gone from checking this thread every few mins, to every few hours to once a day. it was never going to happen was it, regardless of how we did after the liverpool game. oh well.

Kopral Jono

The guy is just a random idiot of twitter, hardly a spokesman for a significant cohort of our fanbase.

The more vile abuse that's thrown at Ole, the more it will cause division though. I'm pretty sure most accept we need a new manager, but it's certainly divisive when you have sections of our supporters calling Ole a cnut this cnut that. It's unnecessary and frankly unpleasant.
This goes without saying, I know he isn't a representative of our fanbase. I was just using his tweet as a case in point that a deep rift within has grown tremendously over the past month or so, in that one side would defend Ole to the hilt -- leaving all common sense behind -- while the other side would go so far and use disparaging terms to describe him. As a side note I've also been guilty for calling him a fraud. I don't regret saying it for I strongly believe that he's indeed a managerial fraud, but while I know it isn't a nice thing say sometimes you just couldn't help yourself, the same way that random Twitter guy couldn't help himself by saying that he's 'family' that 'needs looking after'.

I just hope this ends soon one way or another but I'm afraid the damage has been done. But like I said previously: at this point this isn't his fault any more, but rather the board's fault for not doing the right thing when shit hit the fan after the Liverpool drubbing.

Kopral Jono

:lol:

There's a lot of truth to this.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
This goes without saying, I know he isn't a representative of our fanbase. I was just using his tweet as a case in point that a deep rift within has grown tremendously over the past month or so, in that one side would defend Ole to the hilt -- leaving all common sense behind -- while the other side would go so far and use disparaging terms to describe him. As a side note I've also been guilty for calling him a fraud. I don't regret saying it for I strongly believe that he's indeed a managerial fraud, but while I know it isn't a nice thing say sometimes you just couldn't help yourself, the same way that random Twitter guy couldn't help himself by saying that he's 'family' that 'needs looking after'.

I just hope this ends soon one way or another but I'm afraid the damage has been done. But like I said previously: at this point this isn't his fault any more, but rather the board's fault for not doing the right thing when shit hit the fan after the Liverpool drubbing.
I'm still highly sceptical that those wanting to keep Ole are anything but a tiny minority. I mean no-one is enjoying the current situation.

I think most can separate Ole as a player and a manager in terms of legacy or would hope. Look at how Giggs has turned out as a human, but he was still a legend on the pitch.

Ixion

That scene in Endgame where they're all trying to get the glove off Thanos, you could probably make a good gif of that with Ole over Thanos' head and the glove is the United job

Handsome Devil

I don't think our fanbase is that divided to be honest and the poll is a fair indication of how we feel. There will always be a minority of extremist views but I think most fans are just a bit exhausted with the current situation.
Most of us are simple folks. We've supported United through thick and thin and prefer the thickness. Seeing your team win more is not a God given right but it's not a lot to yearn for.
It's just that it has never seemed more out of our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.