Ole signs new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne's World

Nonsense. Rival fans for the first time in almost a decade have started to fear us again.

Give the guy some respect for how he’s turned this club around and stop pandering to your oppo supporting mates.
Literally go on every single social media platform. They are literally pissing themselves laughing whilst we spend hundreds of millions and are still watching our biggest rivals clean up all the trophies.

Nobody fears us and why would they? We can't even win second-rate trophies when we have the chance to do so

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ole Outers gon be pissed today. :lol::lol:

Full on Civil War incoming. Poor old Ole when we lose our first game. Matchday threads will be brutal this season. Can't wait.

Idxomer

Can't support this decision when after 2 and a half years, you can't see real improvement in the team's style and consistency.

RyRy11

Good news. Hopefully he'll get his players in this summer and finally get a trophy to shut the moaners up.

predator

Youth NITK
Great news hopefully. I would say I've been a quiet sceptic of him but one thing I cannot deny is how passionate he is for our club and imo he is a very good man manager. He is right up there in united folklore and I think that managers that are well backed by the fans and the owners, with enough time, will get it right.

Let's support him lads. He wants the best for the club. There arent many managers out there that would put united before their best interests.

Ole is learning every day and with experience, will have us challenging city on due course.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Literally go on every single social media platform. They are literally pissing themselves laughing whilst we spend hundreds of millions and are still watching our biggest rivals clean up all the trophies.

Nobody fears us and why would they? We can't even win second-rate trophies when we have the chance to do so
Who cares what rival fans think on social media. They think everybody and everything associated with United past and present are shit.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I personally don't rate him as a coach for a club of the size of Man Utd. But the squad is in good shape, so maybe he'll be able to do prove me wrong. Would have waited for the extension until winter in any case, though. No need to extend until 2024 at this moment.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's a sensible length, too. Nothing stupid like 8 years (a la, Newcastle with Alan Pardew), you can always extend if thing are going well. I like the signings he's made/looking to make and i like the direction he seems to be wanting to take the club in. The players clearly like playing for him and the club obviously has faith in him, which can only be a positive you would have thought. I sill have my reservations, of course, but i want nothing more than for him to succeed here. I love the man and hope he crushes it.

Xaviboy

October & November time will be a real test for him with that fixture list. Add in champions league games.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Never in doubt. He's earned more time to finish the job.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Good decision. Continuity has been lacking in recent years, and we’re making progress. Excited to see where we go next.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
With us also possibly replacing Pogba for a player like Ruben Neves - no one should ask to sack Ole for not winning the title next year either.

Lovely jubbly.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
With the calibre of player he's been bringing in recently, this only just strengthens his position and makes United even more appealing.

Shark

@NotShark
At least it's sorted now, absolutely massive season coming up for him now, definitely needs to win a trophy and have us going further in Europe and in the league. Anything other than that will be a major disappointment.

sp_107

Excellent, With this kind of support from club Ole can command more respect from players. He derves it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
With us also possibly replacing Pogba for a player like Ruben Neves - no one should ask to sack Ole for not winning the title next year either.

Lovely jubbly.
Sorting DM, getting rid of Pogba and making a profit? I’d say he’d have played a blinder if this happens.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am ready to bet with anyone here that he won’t see this contract out , unfortunately United were in a tough position with this and had no other option really

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This club is utterly fecked.

Tuchel wins the CL and Chelsea extend him by 2 years while we are rewarding mediocrity by extending for 3 years when there's absolutely zero interest in him from other clubs. Why couldn't we wait and see how he does this season before extending? We are just gonna end up paying a hefty severance fee when he's inevitably sacked.

Such a downer, we are aiming to sign elite players in Sancho/Varane but keep a mediocre manager at helm.

Honestly it’s neither here nor there, if he doesn’t win anything next season he’ll be gone. If he wins something then that’s great and there’s no problems.

Castia

Deserves the extension, the team is heading in the right direction.

I hope he's got what it takes to get this team over the line in terms of trophies

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Can't support this decision when after 2 and a half years, you can't see real improvement in the team's style and consistency.
Then you need to remind yourself of how this team was pre Ole arriving. Not saying Ole is the answer, but the team is in a much better position now then when he started.

dove

Is it? I don't think you become a club as successful as United by rewarding mediocrity.
It is but we were lucky to have people like SAF or Busby who were truly one of football greats ever. The contract extension was inevitable. Ole should have either be sacked (and he really should have been if we look at the results during his reign here) or a contract extended. The latter is obviously more convenient for the club so no surprise we went that route. We are not winning anything with him but I think we can all agree that winning trophies is not our priorities anymore so I guess it's all good, we can celebrate this day.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I personally don't rate him as a coach for a club of the size of Man Utd. But the squad is in good shape, so maybe he'll be able to do prove me wrong. Would have waited for the extension until winter in any case, though. No need to extend until 2024 at this moment.
I actually think it was agreed quite early in the year — I remember around March time there were reports on it, but I think they delayed until now following the Europa upset.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would’ve preferred to have seen how we started the season first before giving him a contract extension. This season will be a good indication if we’re progressing under his management & actually win trophies or if the club is happy with top-4 finishes only.

KD6-3.7

Personally I was hoping we’d just see out his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.