Ole & United vs. Frank & Chelsea: who will have the better season?

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Fortitude, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Oct 10, 2019

Womp idiot

Always thought Lampard would be a good manager, iirc he's supposedly very intelligent. He always came across pretty knowledgeable on the game in his punditry too.
  2. Oct 10, 2019

Pennywise New Member

Chelsea's squad is miles ahead of ours in quality. Coupled with the fact Lampard actually has a plan and it's not really a difficult one
  3. Oct 11, 2019

veteranMortal New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Chelsea look sound. I'd say that's probably because they've managed their youth better than United - did you just get unlucky, and have a few years of duds from the academy? There's a 3/4 year gap between Rashford and Greenwood, which seems weird.
  4. Oct 11, 2019

cesc's_mullet Get a haircut Hippy!

Supports:
    Hawthorn Football Club
    Yeah he's supposedly extremely intelligent.
  5. Oct 11, 2019

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    He has an IQ of 150 putting him in the top .5% people who are the most intelligent. Einstein had an IQ of 160.

Intelligence and people skills are different so maybe Ole is stronger in the latter.
  6. Oct 11, 2019

duffer Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's Scout

Ole grew up a Liverpool fan so obviously he's not going to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  7. Oct 11, 2019

Fussball13251 New Member

much better players at chelsea. tactics need time to grow. this jorginho player is lightyears ahead of fred.
  8. Oct 11, 2019

Fussball13251 New Member

nevermind derby county. the tactics are starting to take shape under better players. they will score 5 vs newcastle.
  9. Oct 11, 2019

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    Look at all the different managers Frank played under. I'm not sure but Ole probably only played under SAF. I know he was good but he ruled with a rod of iron,(and a hairdryer) and Frank has seen much more than that.

The general consensus is that Frank is doing well but the young players could potentially lose a bit of confidence with a couple of bad results and its a long season. I'm excited by how it has worked out so far and am trying to keep a lid on things but it's hard when the team are playing attacking football and showing so much promise. If he, and Jody Morris, can continue to integrate the young guns into the team it could be good times ahead and comparisons with the class of '92 may not be too far off the mark. After the first match or so I had serious concerns and thought there were too many young players but with Abraham scoring the way he is and Mount chipping in I can't complain. To be honest I don't share Southgate's confidence in Mount and have thought on few occasions that he has drifted out of games. I know that is harsh but I can't help but feel CHO will do better in that position. Pulisic has more to come and Frank has got his work cut out to keep them all happy. We have an abundance of that type of player and need a bit of variation. RLC will help bring a bit of steel to the midfield and he also can push on and score.

I'm having trouble believing this can continue on the current trajectory but with Jody's knowledge of the young players and Franks intelligence and drive the sky is the limit.
  10. Oct 11, 2019

WeePat Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Steady on mate :lol:
  11. Oct 11, 2019

ZolaWasMagic New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Thread should be titled "Who will have the better season, Ole or Pochettino"
  12. Oct 13, 2019

BridgeBanter New Member

Jorginho was ridiculed last season. Alot of people had Chelsea finishing outside top 6 with this squad especially after Hazard left.
  13. Oct 14, 2019 at 10:49

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    I can't help myself.
  14. Oct 14, 2019 at 11:12

GlasgowCeltic Full Member

Tory bastard though apparently?
  15. Oct 15, 2019 at 17:17

Dancfc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    On a sort of unrelated note has anyone else noticed how quiet the media and general football population have become on the "Kante is a DM" garbage ever since Lampard's done the very awkward thing of using him and Jorginho (when he plays 4-3-3) the exact same way Sarri did :lol:
  16. Oct 16, 2019 at 07:50

UweBein Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I can still See that happening.
    We have not achieved anything, yet.
  17. Oct 16, 2019 at 07:57

freeurmind weak willed

Football pundits are the fecking worst. ESPN FC probably top of the list with the British ones not far behind. Even the fan channels give better analysis.
  18. Oct 16, 2019 at 08:12

Mark Pawelek Full Member

It always going to be Frank. Chelsea's football success strategy has built a huge squad of good quality reserves. They have about 40 players on loan to other clubs. During the summer they all come home and the manager can select his squad from the coming year based on their loan performance over the last year. United had about 12 players on loan last season and only Tuanzebe was selected to join the squad for the current campaign. With United's net summer transfer budget less than £50m/season and MUFC management resigning inferior players on longer contracts, this Chelsea strategy works. Chelsea are hardly even noticing they have a transfer ban.

New FIFA rules aim to end this Chelsea dodge, but Chelsea will benefit from it for years to come.

In contrast: Ole began the season with too few senior pros (not even 25 fit players), with 25% of his squad were inferior to other clubs squad players; hardly even relegation standard.
  19. Oct 16, 2019 at 10:24

Dancfc Full Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I honestly find it mind-blowing how all these pundits have played and in some cases managed yet have so little understanding of the game.

A lot of people genuinely rely on these people to help them understand the game better so by doing this they're producing many simplistic idiots in the general population.

When I listen to the punditry on other sports it genuinely saddens me, football pundits look like they're doing a cbeebies show by comparison.