Ole will be in attendance for the game against Wolves tomorrow

SER19

He was a poor/average manager but not a disaster. There were some positives and there was at least 1 season where we were good to watch for long spells. I think the failure to kick on from 2019/2020 was a real disappointment but was probably as high as he could take us and 'his level.' Maguire was a dreadful signing and making him captain was probably solskjaers biggest mistake, fernandes was a great signing. Looked to be doing good things with greenwood, martial, rashford too but that trio was doomed by injury and off field anyway.

A club legend and when I think of him its almost always automatically as a player

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ultimately the players stopped playing for him and for me that is the worrying thing about the future - that they could all just down tools for whoever is the manager (not just ETH)
That's why we need to back a manager long term. Let him get rid of all the bad actors in the squad and take time rebuilding a squad that know downing tools wont end in their favour.
Players usually with maybe a couple of exceptions don’t intentionally down tools. It just appears like that because a manager can’t offer them new/fresh ideas, can‘t motivate them any longer and/or they stop believing in your methods and as a result in themselves. Happens to the best managers almost every time before a manager is sacked at almost every club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ironic he's on about characters and snowflakes considering this is the man who was in charge of the cultural reset which put us further behind than any of his predecessors bar Moyes.
He was also the one who fecked on a holiday to Norway when things got tough, who had a proper meltdown when RVP criticised him and who had the old guard closing ranks around him at every single turn.

MalaysianRed7

And he will be welcome because he is a club legend, regardless of his managerial ability. The end.

philnguyen1994

Back to the UK to support his mate Carrick in the play-offs I'd imagine. Didn't he just give an interview gassing up Carrick a few days ago? He'll probably be at Wembley with SAF if Boro makes it there.

Scottynaldinho

For all the shit that he deservingly got here when he was sacked, deep down I wish he was the one.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He was also the one who fecked on a holiday to Norway when things got tough, who had a proper meltdown when RVP criticised him and who had the old guard closing ranks around him at every single turn.
You’re one of the biggest haters on this site

Kingdingaling

Apparently he had better results than ETH in the league!?

Some of our ‘fans’ and their continued treatment of Ole make me sick!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ex manager comes to watch a game.

Cue Caf meltdown and ridiculous posts.

Nori-

Ole's got a lot to say now about out of date facilities and missed out signings.

When he was on the payroll, you could barely get a squeak out of him. Now money is out of the equation he has a voice again and the fans are meant to love him for it?

So sick of these ex "legends" only piping up when it suits them. A lot of them have made a multi-million pound careers post football from what the fans/club have given them.

devilish

I don't hate ole. As a player He will always be a legend. However I cannot stand to the hypocrisy of him of all people calling others snowflakes. Didn't he told Rojo that he won't send an undrrperforming Maguire on the bench no matter what because of how much it costed the club? The guy lacked the spine to take the right tactical decision.

devilish

Ole's got a lot to say now about out of date facilities and missed out signings.

When he was on the payroll, you could barely get a squeak out of him. Now money is out of the equation he has a voice again and the fans are meant to love him for it?

So sick of these ex "legends" only piping up when it suits them. A lot of them have made a multi-million pound careers post football from what the fans/club have given them.
The funny thing is that he wouldn't have a sniff as a United manager if it wasn't for the Glazers

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don't hate ole. As a player He will always be a legend. However I cannot stand to the hypocrisy of him of all people calling others snowflakes. Didn't he told Rojo that he won't send an undrrperforming Maguire on the bench no matter what because of how much it costed the club? The guy lacked the spine to take the right tactical decision.
Use your own brain. Ole would not say this to Rojo of all people. He could just have said „train hard and you will get your chance“. Even if for some reason he felt forced to play Maguire he would not say it to Rojo.

devilish

Use your own brain. Ole would not say this to Rojo of all people. He could just have said „train hard and you will get your chance“. Even if for some reason he felt forced to play Maguire he would not say it to Rojo.
There's a limit to how many times you can tell a player the same thing over and over again. The reality is that one point the truth will have to come out and I am not surprised if Ole ended up saying those words.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Champions league goal alone should automatically mean nothing but love.

PoTMS

PE. teacher.... No autocorrect?

Ole Ole Ole I love you

Ole'sattheWheel

Shame he never won a trophy with us as manager and it ended the way he did. Still love that man. Legend

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like he’s had a good day so far. Watched us win and now he’s watching Salford currently winning stockport.

always_hoping

Back to back top three finishes was his highlight as manager of United, the more experienced Jose or LVG was unable to do that with United. As a player obviously remembered for that match winning champions league and treble winning goal, would love United to have a clinical forward like him now..

el3mel

I see no hating. Ole is a club legend alright, but as a manager he was a disaster both on and off the pitch. His attack on RVP because the latter criticized him, pointing out personal things that had feck all with the criticism laid upon him, like" RVP stole the no 20 shirt from me so he won't steal anything else" crap proves he's a hypocrite. It's easy to be nice when things are going in your favor.

el3mel

Ultimately the players stopped playing for him and for me that is the worrying thing about the future - that they could all just down tools for whoever is the manager (not just ETH)
Did they? The team was equally bad under Ralf in this season.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

So who are these ex "legends" then?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I see no hating. Ole is a club legend alright, but as a manager he was a disaster both on and off the pitch. His attack on RVP because the latter criticized him, pointing out personal things that had feck all with the criticism laid upon him, like" RVP stole the no 20 shirt from me so he won't steal anything else" crap proves he's a hypocrite. It's easy to be nice when things are going in your favor.
Again, I wasn’t making that comment based on one post