Ole's press conference vs Spurs

AFC NimbleThumb

I finally gave up hope on Sunday. Everyone gave up on him at some point you melt. I won't feel bad about supporting a club legend. He's done more for this club than you and I will ever do. Maybe he's earned some respect eh?

The Glazers and Woodward are now to blame for not removing him. Nobody should survive a 5-0 home loss to a rival team except maybe Fergie.
So has Paul Pogba, wind your fecking neck in. Your hypocrisy stinks. If it’s a case of, ‘X has done more for the club than fans’ then be consistent.

Sviken

So has Paul Pogba, wind your fecking neck in. Your hypocrisy stinks. If it’s a case of, ‘X has done more for the club than fans’ then be consistent.
Some people are acting like Ole is working for free or something. He gets millions of dollars every year... from our pocket. No, the Glazers are not paying him, they don't have any money of their own, it's the fans who are paying him. And every United fan has a right to demand a certain standard given how much they are paying him and how much Ole himself has spent on transfers. Close to 500 million and counting.

Foxbatt

So you came to the conclusion we were telling you for the last 3 years only on sunday? It took you a long time.
Ease back my friend. Not everyone sees the light at the same time. At last noucamp has accepted the reality of what some people realized a while back. By a stroke of pure luck we may win every game and win the PL. If that happens I will be over the moon and so would you along with all the fans and supporters of United.

Real Name

At least he came around, so gotta give him some credit for that.

There is still a sizable group of people who are "OLE FOREVER". Due to the recent string of awful results, they've been quiet, but you can usually spot them saying thing like how Ole is still "better fit" than the likes of Conte, Zidane, Rodgers, Ten Hag, etc and therefore should be kept until we find that perfect manager (which we never will because their goal is actually just keeping Ole in the job rather than hiring a better manager). Ffs, we're still seeing posts comparing Ole to SAF.

If there is one thing Ole has done amazingly, it's developing this fanatic fanbase who will turn on the club before they turn on Ole.
You can still spot them?

Time for a witch hunt I say!

hobbers

Of course he handled the press conference ok. He was treated with kid gloves. Not a single difficult question.

Might as well have asked him to have a cup of tea with Andy Mitten.

Going into the thing with Pogba is telling, while not addressing any other issue thats been briefed by the players this week. Not a happy camp.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Why is everyone here so toxic? You’re making some CAF members sad :(
I swear to God the passive aggressive whining that some of these posters have as an automatic beginning of their post is almost as cringe as our manager.

Deery

Dreary
I could be wrong but going but those questions I think Ole is staying unless something terrible happens in the next few weeks.

The Oracle

What was Ole really trying to say with that boxing analogy?

Could it be this?

"It felt like we were a boxer being punch drunk”
Klopp exploited all of our weaknesses

“We got knocked down in 1st”
We were 4-0 down at half-time

“We had a chance, we conceded”
Bruno blazed over when it was easier to pass to Rashford; but Bruno knows that our tactics are solely about relying on moments of individual brilliance, so Bruno was correct to go for glory rather than pass to Rashy for a certain goal. Passing to Rashford would have been the incorrect thing to do because we don’t want fans to think we play as a team, because that is the last thing we do.
Yes it is true that we conceded within minutes of Bruno’s miss.

“We wanted to sort it out but we went open”
My absolute lack of tactical acumen at this level meant that I could not stop the onslaught.

“See Tyson Fury when he gets knocked down. It’s remarkable how calm he is. He counts to 6,7,8, gets up. We got up too early."
Just look at me on the sidelines and how relaxed I was.
I thought the goal count was going to be 6, 7, or 8.
We should have had an extra hour in bed that morning.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
What was Ole really trying to say with that boxing analogy?

Could it be this?

"It felt like we were a boxer being punch drunk”
Klopp exploited all of our weaknesses

“We got knocked down in 1st”
We were 4-0 down at half-time

“We had a chance, we conceded”
Bruno blazed over when it was easier to pass to Rashford; but Bruno knows that our tactics are solely about relying on moments of individual brilliance, so Bruno was correct to go for glory rather than pass to Rashy for a certain goal. Passing to Rashford would have been the incorrect thing to do because we don’t want fans to think we play as a team, because that is the last thing we do.
Yes it is true that we conceded within minutes of Bruno’s miss.

“We wanted to sort it out but we went open”
My absolute lack of tactical acumen at this level meant that I could not stop the onslaught.

“See Tyson Fury when he gets knocked down. It’s remarkable how calm he is. He counts to 6,7,8, gets up. We got up too early."
I thought the goal count was going to be 6, 7, or 8.
What he was trying to say was when we got rattled we tried to attack quickly and didn’t wait until we settled which resulted in our equilibrium being shot.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Going into the thing with Pogba is telling, while not addressing any other issue thats been briefed by the players this week. Not a happy camp.
You'll find that most people aren't happy when lies are being told about them. Additionally, showing that the club supports Paul may bring him around to signing a new contract.

Yakuza_devils

He shouldn't even be allowed to sit there in the press conference, the fans have had enough of him. The poll in this forum alone showing almost 90% want him out and the remaining 10% is opposition fans' vote.

I must give it to Ole, he really know how to talk the right things. But on the pitch we are seeing total different things.

Denis79

I could be wrong but going but those questions I think Ole is staying unless something terrible happens in the next few weeks.
I think he'll be here until the end of the season as well but I don't believe he'll stay on after that. I don't see us/him doing well enough to save his job. Expectations are higher than ever and our results will be lesser than last season.

PeteManic

Ole is clearly staying until the end of the season at least. If United get Top 4, it'll be interesting to see what the board do.

Regalia

At least he came around, so gotta give him some credit for that.

There is still a sizable group of people who are "OLE FOREVER". Due to the recent string of awful results, they've been quiet, but you can usually spot them saying thing like how Ole is still "better fit" than the likes of Conte, Zidane, Rodgers, Ten Hag, etc and therefore should be kept until we find that perfect manager (which we never will because their goal is actually just keeping Ole in the job rather than hiring a better manager). Ffs, we're still seeing posts comparing Ole to SAF.

If there is one thing Ole has done amazingly, it's developing this fanatic fanbase who will turn on the club before they turn on Ole.
Haha glad there are some of us here that are noticing this too. All the Ole Inners disguising their illogical support for him with their 'hope that he will turn it around' or 'Conte is a terrible manager that will ruin the club in 24months' drivel. They're probably hoping against all hope he flukes a draw or win against Spurs and they'll be right back here preaching how he knows the United Way. Cringe central honestly, don't know whether they're rival WUMs or just plain brainwashed.

Ixion

Someone could have asked hey Ole you've spent over 200m on your defense but you've only kept 1 clean sheet in 21 games while De Gea has been your best player, any ideas?

Ralph1386

Ole is clearly staying until the end of the season at least. If United get Top 4, it'll be interesting to see what the board do.
Don’t want to be too negative but the
way things are going, if he stays, we’ll be fighting to stay at the top half of the table. Not fighting for Top 4.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Some people are acting like Ole is working for free or something. He gets millions of dollars every year... from our pocket. No, the Glazers are not paying him, they don't have any money of their own, it's the fans who are paying him. And every United fan has a right to demand a certain standard given how much they are paying him and how much Ole himself has spent on transfers. Close to 500 million and counting.
Well, it's mainly Sky money and tractor partners etc..Thinking about, maybe every day on the way into work you should think about how many hours you to have to graft away every week to line Ole's pockets.

PeteManic

Don’t want to be too negative but the
way things are going, if he stays, we’ll be fighting to stay at the top half of the table. Not fighting for Top 4.
Absolutely. And then on the other hand, the team is capable at some point of winning 10 in a row.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Not a great presser from Ole. Still absolutely love the guy, but I am weary of the cliches and lack of fire in his belly. He should have come into that presser angry, hurt and fired up. Not chirpy and upbeat, which is his nature. When he says things like "the Liverpool performance was unacceptable", what does that mean? Of course it was unacceptable, so what did you do about it? Whose head rolled for it? What changes were made? It was the same shite after the Leicester game - "maybe we need to change something" - bollocks. Nothing changed and we got destroyed. He's done and has to go. Thanks for everything Ole, you're still a legend, but time is up.

Irwin99

Did you speak to him (Sir Alex Ferguson), and can you survive your position like he did in the early days?

"Yes, on both accounts, if that's short and sweet. Joking apart, we had a commercial day, Sir Alex came for some commercial stuff. We spoke for a brief moment because he was in there with Cristiano. I've been through some very bad moments as a player here and when I've been a manager. I've dealt with setbacks, there have been two or three crises at least since I became manager here and one thing I can say is I'll always give it a good shot and fight back."
We're probably at number 4 now. There was the utter collapse after he got the job, the first half of 19-20 season, the first part of last season and the first part of this one. Credit where it's due for the fightbacks but geez, the pattern is looking really bad.

From that I dont think he understands how bad the performance against Liverpool really was. He's talking like we were in a fairly close game and got a bit unlucky with the goals.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Are people genuinely worried that he'll stay on? I can't see it. He won't suddenly know how to coach this team and implement funcitonal plans. Think the journos were light here because there is nothing left for them to do, he's been torn to shreds already.

I wouldn't have liked to see some vulture song and dance here. We'll win against Spurs and then we'll be back to what we've seen so far this season.

Kwasetombola

Just curious after that press conference in the horrific eventuality that there is no change of manager this season how many of the posters on here with season tickets are thinking of renewing next season?

There is no way I am doing so if he is still at our club talking this try harder tactic free s*ite

Abject lack of questions about tactics today no surprise

Sviken

Well, it's mainly Sky money and tractor partners etc..Thinking about, maybe every day on the way into work you should think about how many hours you to have to graft away every week to line Ole's pockets.
And why do you think Sky money and the various sponsorship partners happen...? You think business and finance is as simple as you just buying merch or something? It's everything. United are one of the biggest football clubs in the world because of its fanbase, not because Sky magically decided to give United money just for the hell of it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
And why do you think Sky money and the various sponsorship partners happen...? You think business and finance is as simple as you just buying merch or something? It's everything. United are one of the biggest football clubs in the world because of its fanbase, not because Sky magically decided to give United money just for the hell of it.
You're moaning as if his wages come directly out of your wallet.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
As a fan you can view every thing, every detail, every fibre of the club and manager and press conference and player and body mannerism through #OleOut lenses and drive yourself into a black hole of despair

OR

You can accept that Ole won't be kicked out by the board on your schedule, and watch press conferences and matches as objectively and emotion-free as possible to save yourself the histrionics (whether you are #OleOut or not is irrelevant here, but I'm personally choosing not to let my opinion on the manager ruin an otherwise benign watch of his press conference, the games alone suffice)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Goodness me, I think I vomited a little reading that tweet.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
As a fan you can view every thing, every detail, every fibre of the club and manager and press conference and player and body mannerism through #OleOut lenses and drive yourself into a black hole of despair

OR

You can accept that Ole won't be kicked out by the board on your schedule, and watch press conferences and matches as objectively and emotion-free as possible to save yourself the histrionics (whether you are #OleOut or not is irrelevant here, but I'm personally choosing not to let my opinion on the manager ruin an otherwise benign watch of his press conference, the games alone suffice)
True enough.

Get behind THE CLUB for the Spurs game, whether or not we think Ole should still be in charge.

Dante

Average bang

OR

100%

I see three most likely schedules here:
  1. United are waiting until after the City match so that the new manager doesn't start with an inevitable loss followed by a two week international break twiddling his thumbs.
  2. United are waiting until the end of the season to get someone who's currently under contract (like Ten Hag), because they've decided that the available options (like Conte) are a bad fit and they don't want to settle for the wrong man.
  3. United are currently negotiating with somebody but haven't finalised the salary/settlement. As soon as it's done, he'll take over.
Whatever the case, Ole's a dead man walking. People need to chill out.

It's gonna happen sooner rather than later. But it was never going to happen right after the Liverpool result. No club keeps a top class managerial substitute on retainer. If Ole had left, neither Phelan nor McKenna would have been ready to take over. Kicking out Ole without figuring the next step would have been self-defeating. That's the stage we're in right now, and it's important we don't kneejerk it - even if Tottenham beat us on Sunday.