Olympiakos vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Only changes I'd make from today's team would be Kagawa in for Mata (cup tied) and Rafael in for Smalling if fit.

de Gea

Rafael Vidic Smalling Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Kagawa Rooney Januzaj

van Persie​

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De gea
Rafael smalling Vidic evra
Carrick fellaini
Januzaj Rooney kagawa
Van Persie
Really important we keep the same tactics and go on a run now. This was probably our best game and we have a perfect replacement for mata in kagawa.
Going for a 2-0 away win, Rooney and rvp scoring again.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Bring back an away goal or two, and we'll be laughing our way into the quarter finals.

Ludens the Red

De gea
Rafael smalling Vidic evra
Carrick fellaini
Januzaj Rooney kagawa
Van Persie
Really important we keep the same tactics and go on a run now. This was probably our best game and we have a perfect replacement for mata in kagawa.
Going for a 2-0 away win, Rooney and rvp scoring again.
This, I know with Mata ineligible the temptation to include Young and/or Valencia will be high but this is the time to resist such change.

Leg-End

Only changes I'd make from today's team would be Kagawa in for Mata (cup tied) and Rafael in for Smalling if fit.

de Gea

Rafael Vidic Smalling Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Kagawa Rooney Januzaj

van Persie​
Totally agree with that.

Minkaro

1-0, Carroll '89

Is Fellaini likely to play this one, just back from injury and 87 minutes against Palace? Fletcher and Carrick perhaps?

westlife4ever

Lads I think we are nailed on to see at least one of Valencia and Young.

Just hope we can see at least one of Januzaj and Kagawa too.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Let's see how many times people put Mata in their teams.. :)

Nickosaur

I would play the same team, except Kagawa for Mata. Unless of course Evans/Jones/Rafael are back. This would probably be the strongest team we could pick:

DDG
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Januzaj Rooney Kagawa
RVP

I'm excited.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Hard to know what way this one will play out I suppose but I'm a lot more confident heading into it after this evenings performance there than I was prior to it. I know there were no trees pulled up or anything but it was a solid enough display and at the very least the players or teams confidence levels should be up a notch or two heading into this one which should be a big help.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I think we should give serious consideration to playing Mata anyway. We're not going to win the CL, so it makes little difference whether we get humiliated in the quarters or kicked out by UEFA in the last 16. What is important though, is putting some consistently good performances together, and having Mata in the team is the best way to do that. It'll breed confidence and hopefully lead to a strong finish in the league.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I think we should give serious consideration to playing Mata anyway. We're not going to win the CL, so it makes little difference whether we get humiliated in the quarters or kicked out by UEFA in the last 16. What is important though, is putting some consistently good performances together, and having Mata in the team is the best way to do that. It'll breed confidence and hopefully lead to a strong finish in the league.
I would rather see Kagawa get a chance to do that job and play Mata on the weekend. Even if we arent going to win it anyway its a good chance to give Kagawa a start and some game time. Personally I think to be competing for all competitions we need both mata and kagawa in our squad even though others think we will be selling kagawa in the summer.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Olympiakos 20 points clear in their league. Going to be tricky. Big lineup decision.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I would play the same team, except Kagawa for Mata. Unless of course Evans/Jones/Rafael are back. This would probably be the strongest team we could pick:

DDG
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Januzaj Rooney Kagawa
RVP

I'm excited.
That team.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jones alongside Smalling if he's fit.

LR7

de Gea
Rafael Smalling Vidic Evra
Carrick Cleverley
Januzaj Rooney Kagawa
van Persie
Hope Kagawa plays well even though he probably still won't start again for ages even if he does.
I'd play Evans over any CB if fit. I hope we play well and can imagine Moyes picking Valencia over Januzaj to start.

Anduin

Valencia will surely start this one. If Rafael is fit to play he will come in as well, with Smalling moving inside in place of Ferdinand. Midfield will be Fletcher and Carrick IMO, Januzaj off the bench, Kagawa starting on the left.

De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fletcher; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; RvP.

Hope we play a similar line-up as today (just Kagawa in for Mata and Rafael for Rio), but can't see it.

Castia

Kagawa for Mata and Rafael for Vidic (Smalling CB) is the only changes id make. Depends how Rio is as well I suppose, I can't see him play 2 games in the space of 3 days.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Valencia will surely start this one. If Rafael is fit to play he will come in as well, with Smalling moving inside in place of Ferdinand. Midfield will be Fletcher and Carrick IMO, Januzaj off the bench, Kagawa starting on the left.

De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fletcher; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; RvP.

Hope we play a similar line-up as today (just Kagawa in for Mata and Rafael for Rio), but can't see it.
Important player for important games :lol:

:(

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Team should be...

GK: De Gea

RB: Rafael
CB: Smalling
CB: Vidic
LB: Evra

CM: Cleverley
CM: Carrick
CM: Fletcher

RW: Rooney
CF: RVP
LW: Januzaj

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Fellaini, Valencia, Young, Hernandez, Kagawa

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
-----------De Gea----------
Rafael-Smalling-Vidic-Evra
-------Carrick-Fellaini------
Valencia--Rooney--Kagawa
-------------RvP------------

Ludens the Red

:lol:

Mystry

Friendship is magic
--------------De Gea-------------
Rafael-----Smalling---Vidic---Evra
----------Carrick---Fletcher------
---Kagawa---Rooney----Januzaj--
---------------Van Persie----------

That is assuming Rafael is fit. I could also see us playing Cleverley instead of Kagawa with Rooney on the left and Januzaj on the right of a front three. Just please no Valencia or Young.

Last edited:

Mersault

--------------De Gea-------------
Rafael-----Smalling---Vidic---Evra
----------Carrick---Fletcher------
---Kagawa---Rooney----Januzaj--
---------------Van Persie----------
Rio for Smalling
Fellaini for Fletcher
that'd be nice

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Anyone watched Olympiacos play this season? How do they usually set up? I don't like the idea of playing Kagawa out wide (assuming Rooney will play behind RVP) particularly in front of Evra, but it might not matter so much if they don't use width in their attacking play.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Anyone watched Olympiacos play this season? How do they usually set up? I don't like the idea of playing Kagawa out wide (assuming Rooney will play behind RVP) particularly in front of Evra, but it might not matter so much if they don't use width in their attacking play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Olympiacos_F.C._season

They've won 19 of their last 20 league games (Total: 24-2-0)

But they've lost their by far best player Mitroglou to Fulham and Weiss (Yes the former Man City player....7 goals this season) has left the club too

Eugenius

Valencia will come in for Mata and maybe Cleverley/Fletcher or Rafael will come into the team for Felliani and Rio

Kostur

海尔的老板
Can't really see Fellaini starting this one to be fair, I suppose that either Fletcher or Cleverley will take his spot. Probably either Valencia or Young will replace Mata and we can hope that Rafael is back from his injury.

Any news on Evans / Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.