Olympiakos vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I was wrong. Val/Young is horrible. Cleverley is the worst thing since AIDS. Kagawa on for RVP, Fellaini on for Cleverley and Januzaj on for Valencia. 3 subs at half time please.
AIDS? Nice.

And Januzaj wasn't on the bench.

Get a fecking grip.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
Truly woeful performance. I was going to go over there but I'm glad I stayed at home now. Feel sorry for my mates who had to witness that in the stadium. Got a text from one saying the Greeks cannot believe how poor we are and were actually gutted that we was shit.

Where to start?

Defence :- Smalling is not a right back. He was a disgrace last night. Ferdinand is finished. It reminded me of Gary Nev's West Brom performance. Vidic looks slow but is still our best CB. Evra is always out of position but he was slightly better than most last night.

Midfield :- Young - just feck off. Useless. Valencia - just feck off. Useless. Cleverley - the most pointless player to have played for United in the last 20 years. A passenger. Carrick - very, very sloppy last night and he's having a very poor season.

Rooney & RVP - they just don't work together at times. Last night was as bad as it gets for them

After Saturday's performance v Palace, the signs were there that we could actually play a bit of football. So why does he bring Young & Valencia back? The only changes should have been Rafael at RB, Smalling at CB with Vidic and Kagawa in for Mata.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
After having seen Barcelona face Rubin Kazan a few times, I often wondered had Chori Dominguez skipped going to Russia and played in Europe how big a talent he'd be now. I thought he was fantastic once again

Heavy scoreline, 1-0 or 1-1 would've probably been the more reflective scoreline

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
After having seen Barcelona face Rubin Kazan a few times, I often wondered had Chori Dominguez skipped going to Russia and played in Europe how big a talent he'd be now. I thought he was fantastic once again

Heavy scoreline, 1-0 or 1-1 would've probably been the more reflective scoreline
No way did we deserve to draw that match ? The performance was terrible, the number of shots and chances created tell you that.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
No way did we deserve to draw that match ? The performance was terrible, the number of shots and chances created tell you that.
I just meant that had RVP's pretty good chance gone in, that's a goal right there. And while Chori's goal was a beauty, that's a tough one to duplicate. Have to say United were a bit unfortunate in that one. Campbell's bit of skill however, was a thing of beauty

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I just meant that had RVP's pretty good chance gone in, that's a goal right there. And while Chori's goal was a beauty, that's a tough one to duplicate. Have to say United were a bit unfortunate in that one. Campbell's bit of skill however, was a thing of beauty
We probably would have found a way to feck it up had RVP even scored. I'd be gutted if we played well, created chances but couldn't score but now I feel nothing. I'm frustrated at the situation but that's it, the result is what we deserve.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Fergie was always great in getting rid of dead weight, guys who were bigger than the club and guys who didn't want to be at the club. Rio is a big head and without a powerful figure like SAF to keep him in line, he's trouble. Vidic wants out. He should have been sent packing and an aggressive purchase for a top class CB should have started on January the first. That CB position is a shambles. That needs to be straightened out this summer. I hope they don't go purchasing players just in the glory positions. I want three new defender: two CBs and a LB. I don't mind if Evra hangs around, but there needs to a changing of the guard there.

As far as I'm concerned, Ashley Young has to go. I can live with the rest of them in midfield, but they should not be automatically be given there places on the first team. They should have to fight for them. After Young, I'm pointing my finger at Cleverley. But, I'm will to give him another to fight for his place. I can only wish Kagawa had the opportunities that Young and Cleverley have been granted. I can't understand why there seems to be favouritism. Why some places are granted chance after chance while others sit on the bench.
I have to agree man. We've so much deadwood its a feckin joke. The players dont seem to play for Moyes - thats the way it looks anyway. Maybe its because he's in their face all the time. He's so hands on in training - the opposite of how Fergie operated. And the training could be utter shite also - ol'skool running around for 2 hours, then a kick-about for half an hour. feck knows what goes on, but its not feckin workin thats for sure bro.

How we've held onto Rooney is beyond belief - regardless of the wages. Moyes would be sacked at any of the other top clubs in Europe. I just cant see the yellow brick road anymore with him at the helm. Its painful watchin us these days. The manner of the play is ugly & lethargic to say the least. My heads don in with it all. Old women are makin jokes about how shit we are ffs!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
What are you on about, he has hardly had a good run of games to show his talents to come to that opinion. Being thrown in for a game or two and then being judged on that is silly.
Kagawa has talked a good game to the Japanese media & yet when he's in the team has done feck all man - bar his Norwich hattrick. He seems to be only able to play in the hole (Rooney's position), thats pretty piss-poor. Good attackin players should be able to exceed anywhere in the forward line. In sayin that, why the feck isnt he in the team in place of "Clevz" - surely he could do a much better job than that waste of space excuse of a "footballer".

A 4-3-3 formation should have been employed last nite. Carrick, Kagawa, Fellaini in CM & Adnan/Welbeck, Rooney & RVP last third - with Rooney drifting in & out from CM. Thats a top-class spread on paper i think & would have done a helluva lot more damage than that useless shite we had to endure.

I think i speak for many of ya's by sayin - my heads done in watching this piss-poor style of football. A good friend of mine - die-hard Toffee, said he'd never go back to Goodison aslong as Moyes was in charge. He hated him like nothing else. "Worst brand of football i've ever seen..." he said. I thought he was being over the top, not any more though - he was spot on. Its a focus on not losing the game, as opposed to winning the game at all costs - the United way.

Like Fergie always said - he'd rather we lose a game 2/3 nil after being 1nil down & time running out, than not giving it a lash & tryin to win the feckin game. A loss is a loss - so do your best to win the game. All or nothing!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nani is out and Kagawa has not played in a month due to being less than good.
Kagawa was among our best players in each of the last 2 or 3 games he's played for us, but since then he's been dropped and hasn't been seen, until yesterday, where again, he was our best player in those last 10-15 mins. Moyes has never given him a fair chance to show what he can do despite being having more talent in his little toe then Valencia or Young possess.
Edit: Sorry didn't realize this was from before the game

bosnian_red

Kagawa has talked a good game to the Japanese media & yet when he's in the team has done feck all man - bar his Norwich hattrick. He seems to be only able to play in the hole (Rooney's position), thats pretty piss-poor. Good attackin players should be able to exceed anywhere in the forward line. In sayin that, why the feck isnt he in the team in place of "Clevz" - surely he could do a much better job than that waste of space excuse of a "footballer".

A 4-3-3 formation should have been employed last nite. Carrick, Kagawa, Fellaini in CM & Adnan/Welbeck, Rooney & RVP last third - with Rooney drifting in & out from CM. Thats a top-class spread on paper i think & would have done a helluva lot more damage than that useless shite we had to endure.

I think i speak for many of ya's by sayin - my heads done in watching this piss-poor style of football. A good friend of mine - die-hard Toffee, said he'd never go back to Goodison aslong as Moyes was in charge. He hated him like nothing else. "Worst brand of football i've ever seen..." he said. I thought he was being over the top, not any more though - he was spot on. Its a focus on not losing the game, as opposed to winning the game at all costs - the United way.

Like Fergie always said - he'd rather we lose a game 2/3 nil after being 1nil down & time running out, than not giving it a lash & tryin to win the feckin game. A loss is a loss - so do your best to win the game. All or nothing!
Well that's just not true. Iniesta was tried out on the wing plenty of times and never looked that special, so he was moved back inside. How does Rooney perform out on the wing? 1 good game in 10? Why is RVP only ever up front? Why is Welbeck completely useless on the wing? Not sure why people treat Kagawa so harshly when he plays out of position, because he does a better job of it, despite still being simply decent, compared to all of our other players when they are out of position. People have their main position, and when they play there, they show what they are capable of. There are some players who are very versatile and can play anywhere, and even Kagawa can excel from the wing in the right system. Of course Shinji will struggle in Moyes' system. Most of our players struggle in it.

gasmanc

Banned
Kagawa was among our best players in each of the last 2 or 3 games he's played for us, but since then he's been dropped and hasn't been seen, until yesterday, where again, he was our best player in those last 10-15 mins. Moyes has never given him a fair chance to show what he can do despite being having more talent in his little toe then Valencia or Young possess.
Edit: Sorry didn't realize this was from before the game
I would have been our best player in the last 10-15 minutes last night and I've not played in 2 years and that was on the beach with a fly away :(

I thought pre match we had enough to keep it tight and sneak an away goal, after 15 minutes it was apparent that those players were getting nothing, well done on Moyes for taking 60 odd fecking minutes to actually realize it. IU can see why he didn't start Kagawa last night as he hasn't played in a month but I do agree and wonder why he hasn't had a bit more game time, he's not set the World alight but ffs who has.

bosnian_red

I would have been our best player in the last 10-15 minutes last night and I've not played in 2 years and that was on the beach with a fly away :(

I thought pre match we had enough to keep it tight and sneak an away goal, after 15 minutes it was apparent that those players were getting nothing, well done on Moyes for taking 60 odd fecking minutes to actually realize it. IU can see why he didn't start Kagawa last night as he hasn't played in a month but I do agree and wonder why he hasn't had a bit more game time, he's not set the World alight but ffs who has.
Yeah, like people argue against Kagawa starting saying he's not been special, but in the mean time we see Valencia playing more minutes then anyone bar Evra. Young at least has good games now and then, and gets the ball into the box, even if he's pretty boring to watch and just terrible at times, but Valencia for the past 2 years has been nothing but an advanced fullback, yet he keeps getting picked.
IMO, nobody has done enough to actually stay in the team, so logically you'd think you'd give somebody a run of games after 1 good performances, or just simply give a run to your best and most talented players. Not the case with good old moyesey though.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
So is that us out then? Is anyone confident that we'll score more than 3 at home without conceding? I can't see it, if I'm honest as I can definitely see Olympiacos scoring, meaning we'll need 4!

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
It's funny. OT is where we've been knocked out in both domestic cup competitions, and our league form at OT is horrendous. All things point to us going out of the CL at OT... On away goals too, just to rub it in further. Luck's just not on our side this season at all.

Keenst

If we got rid of Moyes before the game and put Giggs or someone else in as caretaker I could see us doing it, the atmosphere would be electric.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If we got rid of Moyes before the game and put Giggs or someone else in as caretaker I could see us doing it, the atmosphere would be electric.
It certainly would give us a better chance. Removing the Moyes cloud hanging over everyone would give the players and fans a big boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.