Olympiakos vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory 7

That was by far the worst I have watched so far this season, barring DDG who you could not fault for either goal, not a single one of the rest of the team came out of that game with any credit, it was a shocking display, first shot on goal was in the 81st minute !!! I feel the time is running out for Moyes and for the first time I can see him getting the sack
Yes I can see him being sacked now. It will be Ferguson's call.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Ferdinand and Smalling were utterly shocking at the back.

But by the end we had 4 players playing out of position. That sh!T never helps anyone.
The whole performance was terrible, I don't think anyone covered themselves in glory.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Those same players won us the league, Keane should remember that.

Is it easier to let Moyes spend 200m on players, or get a new guy in?

I'd wager it's the former we'll see.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

What will he spend 200m on though, any players watching that tonight won't have been impressed.

DomesticTadpole

Interesting call from Tom from Wigan, who is slating the players, especially Rio. I think he gets the impression that the players don't fancy Moyes and have down tools. Although he stuck up for DDG, Evra and Rooney.

Tonjo

Sacking Moyes now will be costly (money wise) for United. Also, there will be no temporary caretaker manager to take over as Moyes has planned this outcome with the ridding of Phelan and Rene. It is the lousy team of coaches that is not helping United as they have zero experience with the Champions League and winning. Giggs is not ready yet as he is more interested in playing and breaking records.
Cleverly, Smalling and Young should be dropped and sold as they are really not up to standard. There should be a "cutting of pay" in Wayne Rooney's contract if he doesn't perform. Tactically line-up is poor and Moyes is really inept in this field.

Rory 7

Keane has been wisely balanced tonight, no point twisting the obvious knives that are out there. But surely it's time for the wider media narrative to shift. Moyes has literally dined out on his under dog image for years and is being allowed to still by the British media. How many times do we hear media commentators saying 'you can't blame Moyes'. Like feck you can't. We have to start some serious analysis of Moyes in the media. That will only happen if Moyes has a melt down at a press conference but he won't. He plays the under dog card too well.

DomesticTadpole

Sacking Moyes now will be costly (money wise) for United. Also, there will be no temporary caretaker manager to take over as Moyes has planned this outcome with the ridding of Phelan and Rene. It is the lousy team of coaches that is not helping United as they have zero experience with the Champions League and winning. Giggs is not ready yet as he is more interested in playing and breaking records.
Cleverly, Smalling and Young should be dropped and sold as they are really not up to standard. There should be a "cutting of pay" in Wayne Rooney's contract if he doesn't perform. Tactically line-up is poor and Moyes is really inept in this field.
If it's the coaching staff, then they have to give him an ultimatum, get rid of your coaches or you all go. We aren't out yet, but the football is depressing.

Rory 7

Keane is right. If Keane came out and turned on Moyes the story would be 'Roy turns on Moyes'. The media narrative needs to be 'Moyes Out!' Without any distractions around Keane wants Moyes out.

Someone else has to light the blue touch paper. Not Keane. I thought Carrick's answer about 'you are looking me to blame someone' spoke volumes. Maybe one if the players will publicly criticise Moyes.

The subtext to Keane saying Carrick is flat and showing no urgency is that his manager has him flat!

redevil2

Because its an auto update. It says it in black and white.
It just feels very sad when these post came under his name and the message was: What are your final score predictions? (as if it doesn't matter!). Stupid that's all! sigh

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Probably be easier to get a new manager in and spend £100m

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We'll be better off without him and managerless then with him. Let him take Steve Round with him, get Meulensteen back in as assistant manager and somebody will pop up willing to take over until the summer.

redevil2

Keane : Moyes is probably shocked at the quality of players he is working with
So a team of Champions will automatically play well without a good manager to handle them? Why? Is Moyes expecting to just come in sitting there without needing to work?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Can someone explains why Rio (apparently his agent) keeps posting on his FB Timeline like that on a miserable night like this???
  1. Rio Ferdinand
    27 minutes ago
    GOAL ALERT | Olympiakos Piraeus 2 - 0 Manchester United [auto-update] - Scorer details here: http://gms.to/1fnOlPt.
    4"}" data-reactid=".l">Like · · Share

2. Rio Ferdinand
    52 minutes ago
    Half-time: Olympiakos Piraeus 1 - 0 Manchester United [auto-update] - Live match centre: http://gms.to/1fnOlPt. What are your final score predictions?
I'd say it was Rio posting that shite, because he was missing the whole game. Looks like he spent the whole game texting & eating Jaffa Cakes.... feckin disgraceful laziness. Great player for us in the past - thats gone now!

gasmanc

Banned
It was easy to do this game, there was nothing to pass comment on, I must admit in some match threads I tend to vent a bit and post rubbish.
I think venting in the match thread tonight would be well vindicated, I've stayed away just in case, that was the worst performance I've seen from a United side in decades. I was even making up bollox like perhaps Olympiakos have seen we had no blades or studs for a soggy pitch and watered the arse off it, then I was like, why haven't we got the correct footwear for fecks sake ? We clearly hadn't but fecking hell, had we honestly turned up with no provisions for a wet pitch ?

That was as good an excuse I could muster, it was just a terrible start, middle and end. Feels a bit like our season on the whole.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Talksports gettin stuck into this debate. Andy Goldstein is pretty convincing to say the least, but then again Cundy makes good points about how shite most of the starting team are, instead of all the blame being put on the manager. Is that down to Moyes tho? Its a combo of both in my opinion, but his decisions are atrocious & we're a feckin laughin stock. Its ABU heaven at the minute!

Simple question we should ask ourselves - would we be in this shit with Mourinho, who was dying for the job? No chance! And the backroom staff are a fecking joke - i said that from day one. I cant understand bringin in mid-table staff for a global team like United. How the club allowed that to happen is beyond belief. Its Fergie's fault for using his influence & not using his head. I hope Gill steps in & knocks a few heads together, because this is becoming a fecking disaster of a season & there's no faith things will change next season with Moyes & Dick-Ed managing the club.

My heads done in with all this & i've been a fan since 1979, so i've experienced the grey days. This seems worse though, because we played some really great flowing football during those days, just werent consistent enough. We're so painful to watch, its like watchin Ireland under Trappatoni - and we got rid of that shit thank feck. Should have kept the interpreter though - what a sweetheart!

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Keys, Gray, Shearer and Hamman have ripped us and Moyes to shreds on BeIn Sports.
And rightly so in my opinion. Absolutely shocking 'performance' tonight. I feel like laying into them my self. My concern at the moment is whether to stick or twist with Moyes, I really can't decide. I don't want him to do to us what Souness did to Liverpool. They're only just recovering from him!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Interesting interview with Carrick. Bittuva pause for thought when asked is Moyes the right man for the job! I thought he actually played well in his role - apart from the second goal & his lack of challenge made of course, but he needs a progressive CM beside him to run with the ball & supply the last 3rd, Cleverly should be thrown out & his wages taken from him from the start of the season...

darko

I'd say it was Rio posting that shite, because he was missing the whole game. Looks like he spent the whole game texting & eating Jaffa Cakes.... feckin disgraceful laziness. Great player for us in the past - thats gone now!
Fergie was always great in getting rid of dead weight, guys who were bigger than the club and guys who didn't want to be at the club. Rio is a big head and without a powerful figure like SAF to keep him in line, he's trouble. Vidic wants out. He should have been sent packing and an aggressive purchase for a top class CB should have started on January the first. That CB position is a shambles. That needs to be straightened out this summer. I hope they don't go purchasing players just in the glory positions. I want three new defender: two CBs and a LB. I don't mind if Evra hangs around, but there needs to a changing of the guard there.

As far as I'm concerned, Ashley Young has to go. I can live with the rest of them in midfield, but they should not be automatically be given there places on the first team. They should have to fight for them. After Young, I'm pointing my finger at Cleverley. But, I'm will to give him another to fight for his place. I can only wish Kagawa had the opportunities that Young and Cleverley have been granted. I can't understand why there seems to be favouritism. Why some places are granted chance after chance while others sit on the bench.

darko

Talksports gettin stuck into this debate. Andy Goldstein is pretty convincing to say the least, but then again Cundy makes good points about how shite most of the starting team are, instead of all the blame being put on the manager. Is that down to Moyes tho? Its a combo of both in my opinion, but his decisions are atrocious & we're a feckin laughin stock. Its ABU heaven at the minute!

Simple question we should ask ourselves - would we be in this shit with Mourinho, who was dying for the job? No chance! And the backroom staff are a fecking joke - i said that from day one. I cant understand bringin in mid-table staff for a global team like United. How the club allowed that to happen is beyond belief. Its Fergie's fault for using his influence & not using his head. I hope Gill steps in & knocks a few heads together, because this is becoming a fecking disaster of a season & there's no faith things will change next season with Moyes & Dick-Ed managing the club.

My heads done in with all this & i've been a fan since 1979, so i've experienced the grey days. This seems worse though, because we played some really great flowing football during those days, just werent consistent enough. We're so painful to watch, its like watchin Ireland under Trappatoni - and we got rid of that shit thank feck. Should have kept the interpreter though - what a sweetheart!

I'm in full agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.