Omar Berrada | Man Utd CEO

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
City were apparently eyeing up ten Hag as a potential pep replacement, could be good news for him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Same. It has come completely out of the blue, no leaks to the press for months. Efficient.
Nicely done.

Almost everything since this investment from INEOS was announced has been positive from them. It feels like it bodes well.

Also, you notice how it's a "joint decision" and an INEOS and Glazer appointment? Completely expected but they'll get their mitts over anything remotely positive that they've probably had nothing to do with. Scum.

mav_9me

Are you not worried of getting someone who should be well aware of City's cheating ? Surely his name is bound to appear around those charges and switching jobs should not be saving him if he knew things.
My worry. I don't know anything about him but i wonder how much he will end up involved

FujiVice

This would be an incredible statement of intent. Not so much for the fans, but I'm talking about within the football world. To agents, owners, fellow CEOs, DOFs etc. It lets the whole footballing world know that United arent the same shambles inside the club as they've been for 15 years.

mav_9me

This would be an incredible statement of intent. Not so much for the fans, but I'm talking about within the football world. To agents, owners, fellow CEOs, DOFs etc. It lets the whole footballing world know that United arent the same shambles inside the club as they've been for 15 years.
Agreed. Based on his reputation I am learning about, that would be the big positive.

Suv666

INEOS know what they are doing. Positive signs. Hopefully the post Fergie circus ends now.

mu4c_20le

Are you not worried of getting someone who should be well aware of City's cheating ? Surely his name is bound to appear around those charges and switching jobs should not be saving him if he knew things.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, odd to see such wide celebration/assumption that this means he’s fleeing the ship when us either having our new CEO heavily implicated in cheating almost as soon as he starts the job, or our board assuming the charges against City will likely come to nothing are equally likely.

Seems mad to tap up any of that lot unless you’re pretty confident they’ll get away with it, or you’re just not bothered. Neither seems intrinsically great to me.
My worry. I don't know anything about him but i wonder how much he will end up involved
Yes even if they somehow escape most of it with clever lawyer work, it's a weird way to start this new era. And if they do get punished i hope this isn't going to be a situation where all the big shots run away to other clubs/leagues and someone (and the fans) is left holding the gun.

PeteRae

As others are saying I’m surprised United have pulled this off

So wonder if it is because of the impending charges

If Pep Guardiola leaves city this summer and we part ways with Ten Hag, you know that will become a link
Read the tweet above your post, it’s for a bigger role.

FujiVice

His guys CV reads "Barca 2008-16, City 16-2023"

He's not a man who joins teams he feels are going nowhere.

Seveneric

Idk anything about this man, so not sure what to say in terms of cocks being sheathed or otherwise. But with the context of the impending issues from City’s FFP breaches, it must be ominous (for them) that their CFO is moving to their rivals?

al tuna

Remember when WCW got Russo and thought they won the jackpot then folded a year later after they discovered he was a fraud hiding in plain sight and wasn't some intelligent savior they had bet the farm on?

Sorry, bit of a weird comparison but it immediately popped in my mind for whatever reason. I should be excited. And I am. Just won't show it on the outside for some time.

stu_1992

Interesting news. Very unexpected I must say and I'd be lying if I said I'd even heard of the guy before. I assumed it would be that Blanc lad as he seemed to check all the boxes on paper, but I guess they prefer to keep him in his more general INEOS role.

It's a bit weird to get excited about a CEO appointment but it is nice to see someone who has actually worked in similar positions across clubs come in and do the job rather than the bankers and generally non footballing people we've had for years now.

My one, and honestly pretty big, concern is how much they guy was involved in the charges that City currently face. He was COO there during a few years of the period they're being charged for and that puts a bit of a dark cloud over him in my books. Barca aren't exactly the most upstanding club in the world either in terms of the conduct of their executives. I don't want anything shady going on at United that's for sure. I also have to wonder if city are found guilty, then is this lad also going to face a ban?

RedRocket9908

Im sure due diligence was done by SJR, The Glazers, and the club before offering him the position.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Isnt he going to be implicated in Citys FFP charges if they are convicted?
Yup, when he started at City he was there "Head of Sponorship" so he's deeply involved. If anything I feel this might indicate nothing is going to happen. United would be dumb to give him this role when he's deeply involved in City case moving clubs won't save him.

bstb3

Top move this. Exactly what we needed, and a real statement of intent.

The nerd in me is compelled to point out though that we need to be very careful if we appoint anyone called Klaatu & Nikto as his assistants.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nicely done.

Almost everything since this investment from INEOS was announced has been positive from them. It feels like it bodes well.

Also, you notice how it's a "joint decision" and an INEOS and Glazer appointment? Completely expected but they'll get their mitts over anything remotely positive that they've probably had nothing to do with. Scum.
It's like those group tasks at uni. There was always that one cnut who did feck all the entire project but would then insist on reading out the report in front of the class. But everyone knew they didn't do anything. Oh, how we all knew...

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
It's like those group tasks at uni. There was always that one cnut who did feck all the entire project but would then insist on reading out the report in front of the class. But everyone knew they didn't do anything. Oh, how we all knew...
it’s a lot like the redcafe lifetime achievement award in a lot of ways.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Idk anything about this man, so not sure what to say in terms of cocks being sheathed or otherwise. But with the context of the impending issues from City’s FFP breaches, it must be ominous (for them) that their CFO is moving to their rivals?
Or we’re confident they’ll get away with it…

Or we don’t care and get dragged into it ourselves by proxy

Surely both are just as likely? Not to be a party pooper or anything.

Yes even if they somehow escape most of it with clever lawyer work, it's a weird way to start this new era. And if they do get punished i hope this isn't going to be a situation where all the big shots run away to other clubs/leagues and someone (and the fans) is left holding the gun.
Yeah. Even if this guy is spotless himself (unlikely) Starting our new glorious era by appointing a leading figure from a rival accused of 115 counts of fraud doesn’t scream ‘amazing coup’ to me as much as ‘wild swing’

But then our fans are fecking desperate, if you hadn’t noticed

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
His accent is interesting. It's like a mixture of Manc, Scottish, Irish, and Spanish. That makes him mysterious and difficult to handle. I can see him dancing around rooms during negotiations, confusing his prey whilst reciting lines from Hamlet, doing comical jazz hands as a small man in the corner wearing a top hat and ballerina costume says "ooooooooh!" sporadically.

In short, I think we're on to a winner purely because of this possibility.

RedRocket9908

Yup, when he started at City he was there "Head of Sponorship" so he's deeply involved. If anything I feel this might indicate nothing is going to happen. United would be dumb to give him this role when he's deeply involved in City case moving clubs won't save him.
He was Head of Sponsorship at Barcelona, at City he was appointed CEO in 2016 after originally being hired by City Football Marketing as a Comercial Director.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
it’s a lot like the redcafe lifetime achievement award in a lot of ways.
Not really. Doing nothing during course projects still results in you getting a passing grade. The lifetime achievement award is like rewarding someone for spending years of their life shoving hot marbles up their ring piece. Yes, they've persevered at something but what was the fecking point?

AndySmith1990

Good start by Ratcliffe. That's what we need, people with a proven track record of success running the football side