Kick-off
Thu, 6 October 2022 @ 5:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    thank God. Just needed the win.

lysglimt

Scout
    One of the best halves Rashford has played - if he hadn't messed up that pass to Ronaldo - I would have given it a 10

always_hoping

It's not poor defending it's all on Lindelof same way first goal was poor defending but all on Malacia.

People can't keep making mistakes and blame it on the whole defence.
    It poor defending be it individual or collectively

bosskeano

I presume the chuckle brothers are playing again
    Lindelof's reaction tells you all you need to know....

however...DeGea should never have played it out to Scott. he should have played Lisandro to switch the point thus playing out of pressure instead he played it right back to where the pressure started

James35

A win but bloody hell we need to improve massively. The game raising cnuts Everton next…

RedOrange

We need to feed him. If he does not get his 700th club goal soon, he will be unbearable.
    He's already unbearable. He had 4 or 5 really good chances to score. If Martial starts this match at CF we probably win 6-1.

Green Yellow Red

The only goal Ronaldo has scored this season is a penalty against some cab drivers now he's struggling even worse against some street cleaners with teammates laying it on a platter all game. 600k a week for what if he's not scoring against this level of opposition... Get rid of him in January. He has nothing else to his game.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    This is why we can't start Ronaldo in those league games. Can come on only if we're leading 3 or 4 nil. The team gets distracted trying to get him on the score sheet. Ah well. It's Ten Hag's problem, unfortunately for him.

lex talionis

Let's not be too hard on Ronaldo -- although questioning the wisdom of spending 325/week on him is never out of order. Quite a few strikers go through bad patches. Yes of course this Ronaldo is nowhere near the player he was 3-4 seasons ago, but he was not that far off in several of his chances tonight.

Ludens the Red

If Casemiro lost out like McTominay just did a few moments ago, there would be a whole page about it.
    Yeah there was weird ott criticism of Casemiro in that first half. Mctominay was shite when he came on too. Passing backwards all the time, got done a few times too.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
    It’s not really pedantry is it. You missed out a match, if you’re talking about “2 postponed matches since last europa match”, you’re referencing the wrong match, it’s not like you just got a number of a date wrong or something
    No you're right, I didn't get the date wrong, I got it spectacularly right.

The pendant is with the word last, which should have been first, but the date I meant was correct.
    So yeah, I'd call that pedantic myself, but anyhow, that particular poster seems to make a habit of shouting at clouds so whatever, we won.

MUFC OK

Shoving Martial out right is not the best idea, needs to play through the middle. Unless he swaps over with Ronaldo from time to time during the game.
    Just think Ronaldo is a focal point, and considering Everton will probably sit back it could be our best bet. Idea is that all 3 interchange.

Glorio

Good subs in the second half bar leaving Ronaldo on. All the noise by our ex-players may have influenced the manager (which would be disappointing to be honest)

Our senior players aren't doing the youngers any favours with these performances. The likes of Garnacho and Pellistri would've expected to come on at some point if we opened up a healthy lead.

MUFC OK

Let's not be too hard on Ronaldo -- although questioning the wisdom of spending 325/week on him is never out of order. Quite a few strikers go through bad patches. Yes of course this Ronaldo is nowhere near the player he was 3-4 seasons ago, but he was not that far off in several of his chances tonight.
    The idea that he’s now ‘finished’ as in completely lost it since the end of last season just can’t be true. He’s in a bad patch. As you say - one to many touches at times but he’ll hit form again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    They didn’t look half decent though, despite the result. They looked very very poor
    We have give them two goals. A team that wouldnt stay up in the PL. I'd say we definitely made them look better than they are. I did tell you this Utd team can't be trusted.

RedOrange

The idea that he’s now ‘finished’ as in completely lost it since the end of last season just can’t be true. He’s in a bad patch. As you say - one to many touches at times but he’ll hit form again.
    How many PL points do you want to throw away trying to get him into form, then? We just ended up scraping out a 1 goal lead against a mid-table Cypriot club because he couldn't finish any of his chances, and that's with almost everyone passing up clear scoring opportunities trying to tee the ball up for him.

RedDevilQuebecois

I wish it is true, but tonight was not without reminding me of Gary Neville's final game at United. And if Ronaldo has lost his passion for the game after everything he went through, what is there left for him to do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 80% of 210 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 177 ratings.

Score Predictions