Television Orange Is the New Black

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Anybody seen this yet then? Getting very good reviews from pretty much everywhere, probably going to start it tonight now I've finished Breaking Bad.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Yeah it's alright. Have a feeling it'll be one of those that goes downhill, but we'll see.

The first 5-10 minutes of episode 1 will keep you watching. :drool:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yeah it's alright. Have a feeling it'll be one of those that goes downhill, but we'll see.

The first 5-10 minutes of episode 1 will keep you watching. :drool:
It gets better actually. Seen the whole series, well worth the watch.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I think it's a really good show.

Didn't think I'd like it, mostly because it's about a woman's prison if I'm being honest. But it's really good..

I'd definitely say it gets better as the show goes on, the cast is brilliant. Some great characters in the show.

For those who have watched it, Crazy Eyes is awesome

Cina

Yeah there's topless shower lezzing within the first minute with the ginger from That 70's Show.

It's a good show, sort of aimed towards women but dark and funny enough to be watchable.

binary bot
I was getting bored of it towards the end. I don't think they can keep it up for another series as the setting will restrict it quite a bit. They just started filming for another series.

Mendez is fantastic though

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah there's topless shower lezzing within the first minute with the ginger from That 70's Show.

It's a good show, sort of aimed towards women but dark and funny enough to be watchable.

feck! Really? I love her...Laura summat.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think it's in the rules that any prison movie/show has to have lezzing if it's birds, and bum rape if it's blokes.

Cina

Yeah, both are very enjoyable in their own way.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I've just fired up Netflix to have a butchers. fecking updates and shit since I haven't used it in ages.

Cina

Nick from The Wire is in it, he's probably the best thing about it too. He's awesome.

Cina

The best bit was when she was moving her arse side to side in that sexy little slutty way. Arse > boobs.
Hmm, I dunno, I quite liked the bits with the boobs. That was good TV right there.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member

That's sold me.

Andrew~

Meh. Not very funny, not very interesting. I found the whole "oh look something horrible is happening to some middle class lesbian" premise boring really quickly.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I gave it another go and it's actually pretty good. It's obvious it was made by the same people who did Weeds though as it just staggers around from tone to tone.

Moby

Dick
I'm on episode 11, don't see where the hype comes from. It's strictly okay. The concept was a bit interesting but it got boring pretty soon and there's nothing that would keep you gripped. Casting could have been better, as the show revolves mainly around the characters and their behaviour.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It gets better actually. Seen the whole series, well worth the watch.
Absolutely. Struggled through the 1st episode but it really built up a fine bit of momentum by the 13th. Breakout series of the year, IMO. Finally a female centered series that isn't full of the usual cliches and is very well written. Agreed, as well, that the main character is not really likable or easily someone you can rally to support which is strange. Despite that oddity, it really is buoyed by a superlative supporting cast.

Hard to categorize it since at times it is a bit of a comedy but the drama is quite real too. I've read Prepon's character is likely to be written out in Series 2 which would be a shame but if the writing continues to be strong, it shouldn't matter too much.

Biggs from American Pie is the worst part of the show, struggle to see how some actors continue to get jobs

MoneyMay

This is the most-watched show on Netflix this year.

Downloaded season one - I'm looking forward to this.

Skywarden

My SO thought it was very good and one of the best shows she's seen on Netflix. Usually that means it's nothing for me. :p

MoneyMay

Give it a few episodes would be my recommendation, it doesn't get off to the best start, for me

First episode was slow, but it's crucial to the story line, though I'm not sure how better they could have made it - I agree with you on that. I just finished the second episode... I like how flashbacks have been incorporated to aid character development. I have enjoyed the humour thus far.

What do you make of Laura Prepon's acting in 'Orange Is the New Back'? I know I'm only two episodes in, but I feel she isn't as expressive as the other characters. I've read mixed reactions on her performances on this show.

That douche from American Pie, worst actor ever ....

What do you think is bad about him? Not that I'm disagreeing, but interested in your viewpoint.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Personally, I find the lead & Biggs the worst actors on the show while the rest of the ensemble cast is top notch, Prepon in particular. I have to say that surprised me. Save for Kutcher, the 70s cast has proven to be an excellent group of actors.