Television Orange Is the New Black

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Only 2 months till season 3. Hope they can keep the standard up, it's been genuinely great so far. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good it has been.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Season 4 is out now and I've already binged my way through it. Holy hell that was good. Probably the best season so far, and definitely the darkest.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Acquiring them now. Perfect for a binge this show, altough Wentworth is a much better female prison series.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Got about halfway through season 1 before completely forgetting about it, is it worth getting back to or is it just one of your run of the mill shows?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Got about halfway through season 1 before completely forgetting about it, is it worth getting back to or is it just one of your run of the mill shows?
Think i watched a season. Can barely remember what happened and i haven't returned so yeah. Sure there are better shows to discover. Almost finished season 2 of Gomorra. now that's a good show.

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Think i watched a season. Can barely remember what happened and i haven't returned so yeah. Sure there are better shows to discover. Almost finished season 3 of Gomorra. now that's a good show.
Every time I see Gomorra I see gonorrhoea so for that reason I won't watch it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I quite enjoyed season 1 and 2 but season 3 was one of the most boring things I've seen for ages. So much crappy pointless dialogue centred around boring cast members.
Agree, season 2 was excellent in my opinion but season 3 was the worst. I'm two episodes into season 4 and seems quite good so far.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Stopped watching after a couple of episodes in season two. Knowing the creator of the show, it probably jumped the shark and went downhill ever since.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Stopped watching after a couple of episodes in season two. Knowing the creator of the show, it probably jumped the shark and went downhill ever since.
I was worried about this after Weeds, but season 4 is the strongest of the lot. My worry is that in future seasons (it's been renewed for 3 more seasons) are going to suffer as they try and escalate everything in an attempt to outdo what's go on before.

JON.B

Sloop
Enjoyed season one, struggled through season two as it was a bit boring, now made it to episode five of season three and honestly I'm thinking of packing it in. Most of the characters I found entertaining and quirky have now just become annoying and boring to watch.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Just finished season 4, really enjoyed it. A definite return to form after the last one which I thought had a noticeable drop in quality.

Parma Dewol

The other half loves this show, so I've ended up watching it too. Thought the first season was good, seasons two and three were decent enough without really impressing, but we've just finished season four and we both thought it was the best season yet. A bit predictable, sure, but that finale was awesome and I like the fact the show has taken on a more serious, angrier tone.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Season 5 was stolen and hackers and leaked online.
Whilst obviously, I can't advocate watching it illegally, the first 3 episodes are very good.

dellboyy

I believe it's the first 10 or so episodes, about 3 missing. Also other shows too, there's a list floating around somewhere.

Personally going to wait until it's released on Netflix.
Yeah i'm going to wait too... it's less than a month i think, and they'll probably push it forward a bit because of this too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I believe it's the first 10 or so episodes, about 3 missing. Also other shows too, there's a list floating around somewhere.

Personally going to wait until it's released on Netflix.
I don't watch it but the missus does. If there's some missing she'll probably wanna wait. Plus it's 4K on Netflix.

Zlatattack

Yeah i'm going to wait too... it's less than a month i think, and they'll probably push it forward a bit because of this too.
It just goes to show, if you make quality material available to the public at affordable prices, people will stick with you and ignore the pirates. Mainstream hollywood could learn a lot.

dellboyy

It just goes to show, if you make quality material available to the public at affordable prices, people will stick with you and ignore the pirates. Mainstream hollywood could learn a lot.
Totally... since i got Netflix, especially since they've kicked up the output of their original content, my pirating of tv shows has gone down a hell of a lot. It's even meant i watch a lot less terrestrial tv, and the bits i do watch are usually on their catchup services.

It's almost getting to the stage where a tv aerial is becoming obsolete!

Robertd0803

Netflix should have released the whole series earlier just to mess with the hackers.

Parma Dewol

It's almost getting to the stage where a tv aerial is becoming obsolete!
Too true. I've often considered cancelling the TV license, but I hold onto it solely for the occasional sports tournament. It's inevitable at some point, though, £170-odd per year is way too much for Wimbledon and Snooker.

dellboyy

Too true. I've often considered cancelling the TV license, but I hold onto it solely for the occasional sports tournament. It's inevitable at some point, though, £170-odd per year is way too much for Wimbledon and Snooker.
I guess i do get my moneys worth out of the BBC, just recently Line of Duty, Car Share, Dr Who and all the Snooker etc. But i tend to watch mainly through iplayer in my own time rather than as it's broadcast.

Amir

Seven episodes into season 5, I don't think it's bad, but it's a little all over the place. There's just too many characters and too much going on. I don't know half their names or their history.

b82REZ

Best season since season 1.

I was on the fence about watching this season because I really didn't enjoy the last couple of seasons but my gf talked me into it, I'm glad she did.

b82REZ

Much better series this time round than the last one.

Where to next?
I see them going down the route of the press forgetting about Piscatellas torturing and him being given some kind of heroes service.

With Hump dying the press will focus on that and not the mistreatment in the prison.

I kinda wish they'd killed off some of the main characters. They're getting a bit boring, especially Piper.

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Thought it was a pretty bad season tbh, the ending was frustrating to say the least.
Characters were beyond dumb too.