OranjeCafe: The Netherlands at the World Cup

Rezyuz

CTPM !!!! never touches him. dives and ref takes the bait.

No way Jose, and the stupidest of all is the second picture already shows that the defender has his heel ON THE GROUND. while the first pic he hasn't landed his foot yet.

Just shows that there was time between that 30 cm gap you post in 1 and the one where he lands.

jimorrison

No way Jose, and the stupidest of all is the second picture already shows that the defender has his heel ON THE GROUND. while the first pic he hasn't landed his foot yet.

Just shows that there was time between that 30 cm gap you post in 1 and the one where he lands.
its the same picture. just examine it closely. from the 1st angle he clearly has his foot still in the air and in the 2nd one it looks like he has it on the pitch from that back angle. but inspect every element in both pictures, and they are same photo from 2 different angles.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
its the same picture. just examine it closely. from the 1st angle he clearly has his foot still in the air and in the 2nd one it looks like he has it on the pitch from that back angle. but inspect every element in both pictures, and they are same photo from 2 different angles.
There is no way that the two photos are from the exact same time and if you think they are you've lost the plot.

Gorefest

In two topics as well, tsk. Seriously, look at his heel in the 2nd picture. See the shadow underneath the foot? It starts exactly at the heel. If at that point his foot would still have been in the air, as in picture one, the shadow would have started higher up. It really isn't that difficult. Unless you assuem that Robben has photoshopped every shadow in the image on the internet after he returned to his hotel room?

jimorrison

There is no way that the two photos are from the exact same time and if you think they are you've lost the plot.
wtf really. how is it not possible, of course it is. more than likely it is a screen grab from the match from 2 different camera angles, capturing the same moment of play.

my plot is the same, robben dived, the ref took the bait, and Mexico lost.

jimorrison

In two topics as well, tsk. Seriously, look at his heel in the 2nd picture. See the shadow underneath the foot? It starts exactly at the heel. If at that point his foot would still have been in the air, as in picture one, the shadow would have started higher up. It really isn't that difficult. Unless you assuem that Robben has photoshopped every shadow in the image on the internet after he returned to his hotel room?
ok, now looking at shadows. that is just 4ucking crazy.

YzWayne

wtf really. how is it not possible, of course it is. more than likely it is a screen grab from the match from 2 different camera angles, capturing the same moment of play.

Just look at robben's trailing leg and the position of the ball in both pictures and you know they are pictures taken from 2 different time

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

So what you're saying is you actually haven't got a clue whether it's the exact same moment or not. It's important because a millisecond of difference makes all the difference if you're going down the idiotic route of comparing still photos.

jimorrison

So what you're saying is you actually haven't got a clue whether it's the exact same moment or not. It's important because a millisecond of difference makes all the difference if you're going down the idiotic route of comparing still photos.
it is the same moment, inspect both pictures elements everything is the same in both. no I don't know if its a screen grap or photograph. how is that being an idiot, I am just providing proof that robben dived.

Rezyuz

nope, robenn dived and ref took the bait.
I know it hurts a lot that your team got knocked out. And that its hard to accept that it was a legit penalty.

But i don't give a feck, feck yeah Holland! Your tears only make this victory so much more fun lawl

jimorrison

How did ref take the bait?
by robben diving, when there clearly was no contact.

robben drags his foot then trips his other one still leaving that one behind and dives. ref thinks there is contact, when there is none and rewards holland with non existant penalty hence took the bait.

coolredwine

lameredboots
by robben diving, when there clearly was no contact.

robben drags his foot then trips his other one still leaving that one behind and dives. ref thinks there is contact, when there is none and rewards holland with non existant penalty hence took the bait.
What about the penalty that was denied to Robben in the first half?

jimorrison

I know it hurts a lot that your team got knocked out. And that its hard to accept that it was a legit penalty.

But i don't give a feck, feck yeah Holland! Your tears only make this victory so much more fun lawl
yeah it hurts. BUT IT WAS NEVER A LEGIT PENALTY. ROBBEN DIVED. if it was a legit penalty, I would accept it and move on. but I can believe there are members such as yourself and other who say it was a clear, legit or %100 penalty. you can clearly see that robben dives and exaggerates.

what tears?? CTPM !!!!

Gorefest

ok, now looking at shadows. that is just 4ucking crazy.
You asked us yourself to examine every pixel element earlier. I kindly do so, then clearly indicate why the pictures blatantly are *not* taken at the same time, and you reply with this? Yeah, I think it's time to move on. Sore losers are sore losers.

redefw

I know that it's the convenient narrative (for obvious reasons) but I haven't seen this great team or display of managerial brilliance others are describing. It looks to me like they are surviving on Robben's moments of brilliance and cuntery alone.
Totaly agree about the robben part. While it is a team sport and every player deserve their fair share of praise for winning, they would be massivly weakened without Robben, and i doubt they would make it this far. As for management though i was realy impressed of both the spain game and espically the chilean game (cant actually recall Chile having one single good chance to score).

jimorrison

What about the penalty that was denied to Robben in the first half?
that was penalty, i'll admit it but the ref was too far from the play to see it clearly so he obviously did not call it or his linesman. but 2 wrongs don't make one right.

robben had previously dived before in a play where layun was on the floor and robben dives on top of him and the ref did not show him a yellow card? can you at least admit that robben deserved a yellow card then, he clearly was trying to trick the ref.

but it seems FIFA decided not to give yellows in this world cup for playesr faking or simulating fouls inside the penalty box.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
that was penalty, i'll admit it but the ref was too far from the play to see it clearly so he obviously did not call it or his linesman. but 2 wrongs don't make one right.
Ah so it's only a problem when the wrong decision negatively affects your team. Noted.

coolredwine

lameredboots

robben had previously dived before in a play where layun was on the floor and robben dives on top of him and the ref did not show him a yellow card? can you at least admit that robben deserved a yellow card then, he clearly was trying to trick the ref.

but it seems FIFA decided not to give yellows in this world cup for playesr faking or simulating fouls inside the penalty box.
Yes. I read Robben's comments as well after the game. Not sure what he is trying to communicate. He did admit that he dived, but he also said he wasn't looking for a penalty.

It's best we leave these things here itself. Mexico played well, and you should be proud of the team. Heartbreaks like these happen all the time.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We deserved the win. It was a penalty at the end of the first half and we didn't get it. We got the one call which was less obvious, but that's football, you win some and you lose some.

In the end we controlled the second half and the Mexicans could hardly get on the ball when we played our normal game.

jimorrison

Ah so it's only a problem when the wrong decision negatively affects your team. Noted.
no, lol. like I said ref was too far to judge if it was a penalty and his linesman didn't help.

in robben's dive he clearly was there to see him dive but he took the bait and thought/saw there was contact. but that was never a penalty.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
no, lol. like I said ref was too far to judge if it was a penalty and his linesman didn't help.

in robben's dive he clearly was there to see him dive but he took the bait and thought/saw there was contact. but that was never a penalty.
Except you're only bitching and moaning about the one that didn't benefit you. Should have had a penalty and they ended up with one, albeit the wrong way around, you should probably just get over it and move on.

jimorrison

Except you're only bitching and moaning about the one that didn't benefit you. Should have had a penalty and they ended up with one, albeit the wrong way around, you should probably just get over it and move on.
what about the clear penalty on herrera in the 1st half??

I am not bitching about that one. Herrera heads the ball and Vlaar almost cuts his head off trying to clear the ball. Herrera clearly heads the ball then gets kicked on his head inside the penalty box. that was a penalty not called in favor of Mexico or at very least a free kick inside the area for dangerous play.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

I am not bitching about that one. Herrera heads the ball and Vlaar almost cuts his head off trying to clear the ball. Herrera clearly heads the ball then gets kicked on his head inside the penalty box. that was a penalty not called in favor of Mexico or at very least a free kick inside the area for dangerous play.
I'm always reluctant to see them given as fouls, if you will put your head where a defender can clear the ball with their foot then you run that risk, it wasn't like Vlaar was flying in airborne karate kid style.

Mali_Zeus

Vlaar alomost cut Herrera's head off!

That wasnt a penalty.
And the challenge on Robben in the 1st half was. There were even 2 tackles on him.

jimorrison

I'm always reluctant to see them given as fouls, if you will put your head where a defender can clear the ball with their foot then you run that risk, it wasn't like Vlaar was flying in airborne karate kid style.
see that is bullshit, is there a rule that limits how low a player can try to control,hit or shoot the ball with his head. i dont think so.

so a kick to the face/head inside the penalty box could/should have been a penalty or like I said at the very least a free kick for dangerous play.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
see that is bullshit, is there a rule that limits how low a player can try to control,hit or shoot the ball with his head. i dont think so.
If course there isn't a rule how low you can stick your head but if you decide to stick it where a boot can reasonably be then you run the risk of taking it to the face.

jimorrison

If course there isn't a rule how low you can stick your head but if you decide to stick it where a boot can reasonably be then you run the risk of taking it to the face.
sure if the player is willing to take that risk like herrera did inside the penalty box. but you do admit that vlaar makes hard contact on herrera's face/head?, right?

so if herrera had been knocked out unconscious by said kick? would the ref given Mexico a penalty? more than likely not, even though that consequence should be sufficient evidence to justify awarding Mexico a penalty for that contact alone.

so if there was obviously contact by vlaar in the actual play why was there no penalty given or at the very least a free kick??

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
100% dive by Robben to get the penalty. Can't really see how people say otherwise, Marquez did nothing, then Robben made contact with him.

However, in the first half Hector Moreno actually broke his own leg, that's how hard he hit Robben. It was a penalty for sure, but somehow the ref didn't see that one. Just like the refs didn't see the penalties we got against vs. Spain and Australia were nonsense.

All in all great game by Holland, circumstances were completely and utterly ridiculous. No way you can play a match in that heat. I read somewhere that people said it wasn't even that hot, and that professional athletes should be able to cope with that. Haha. It was 38.9 degrees Celsius, 1 pm so the sun was it its highest point. First half was so slow by both teams, my local amateur side plays football in a higher tempo. But obviously they just should have coped with it.

Some players lost over 4 kilograms of liquid in 90 minutes. Even Mexico, who are way more adapted to the heat struggled a lot. Van Persie, while only playing for 70 minutes, looked like he'd lived under a bridge for 5 years after the match. Kuyt said he'd been drinking 5 liters of fluid yesterday and only went to the bathroom once. Ridiculous decision by the FIFA to play a match at that time, at that location.

Aside from the heat Holland were very fit though, just as Van Gaal commanded since taking over in 2012. Coming from behind in 3 out of 4 matches shows that, we have that extra energy. If we make it to the semi's Argentina or even Belgium will be our Waterloo, but I don't mind, has been a great tournament.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
sure if the player is willing to take that risk like herrera did inside the penalty box. but you do admit that vlaar makes hard contact on herrera's face/head?, right?

so if herrera had been knocked out unconscious by said kick? would the ref given Mexico a penalty? more than likely not, even though that consequence should be sufficient evidence to justify awarding Mexico a penalty for that contact alone.

so if there was obviously contact by vlaar in the actual play why was there no penalty given or at the very least a free kick??
Depends entirely whether they get the ball or not. If they make no contact with the ball then I'm all for the foul.

Gorefest

Depends entirely whether they get the ball or not. If they make no contact with the ball then I'm all for the foul.
In this case Vlaar got the ball first, though. Still have to say that I don't think there would have been many outcries if a penalty had been given, it did look scary.

jimorrison

In this case Vlaar got the ball first, though. Still have to say that I don't think there would have been many outcries if a penalty had been given, it did look scary.
sorry but Herrera clearly heads the ball first towards the goal and Vlaar never makes contact but he does hit/kick Herrera in the face/head. just look at the replay. thus Mexico could have been awarded a penalty or a free kick at the very least.

redefw

It is herrera who makes it dangerous for himself by heading downwards, if you watch the replays you will se that vlaars leg is slightly above his hip level. Even though i found the penalty against marquez imo to be quite harsh, the replays show that there was contact and acording to the replays the referee was not completely out of right to give the penalty. And by the way dutch should have had a penalty in the first half. I would say mexico overall where unlucky with the decisons, but it was by no mean scandalous refereeing, and proclaiming that the referee was agenda driven like some parts of the mexican media and team is unfair imo, even though it must have been a heartbreaking loss.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
100% dive by Robben to get the penalty. Can't really see how people say otherwise, Marquez did nothing, then Robben made contact with him.

However, in the first half Hector Moreno actually broke his own leg, that's how hard he hit Robben. It was a penalty for sure, but somehow the ref didn't see that one. Just like the refs didn't see the penalties we got against vs. Spain and Australia were nonsense.

All in all great game by Holland, circumstances were completely and utterly ridiculous. No way you can play a match in that heat. I read somewhere that people said it wasn't even that hot, and that professional athletes should be able to cope with that. Haha. It was 38.9 degrees Celsius, 1 pm so the sun was it its highest point. First half was so slow by both teams, my local amateur side plays football in a higher tempo. But obviously they just should have coped with it.

Some players lost over 4 kilograms of liquid in 90 minutes. Even Mexico, who are way more adapted to the heat struggled a lot. Van Persie, while only playing for 70 minutes, looked like he'd lived under a bridge for 5 years after the match. Kuyt said he'd been drinking 5 liters of fluid yesterday and only went to the bathroom once. Ridiculous decision by the FIFA to play a match at that time, at that location.

Aside from the heat Holland were very fit though, just as Van Gaal commanded since taking over in 2012. Coming from behind in 3 out of 4 matches shows that, we have that extra energy. If we make it to the semi's Argentina or even Belgium will be our Waterloo, but I don't mind, has been a great tournament.
Those conditions sound terrible. They'd be similar to how the teams would have to play in the summer in Qatar in 2022 wouldn't they?

jimorrison

It is herrera who makes it dangerous for himself by heading downwards, if you watch the replays you will se that vlaars leg is slightly above his hip level.
is there a rule that limits how low a player can try to control,hit or shoot the ball with his head. i dont think so.