g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Orkun Kokcu

SAFMUTD

He looks good, don't know if he's starting quality. But he definitely looks promising ten Hag should know him from his days in the eredivise.

croadyman

Maybe De Jong's backup target when it finally dawns on Erik he's never gonna leave Barca

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He can feck off somewhere else with his freedom of choice. If he doesn't respect LGBT rights I don't want him at the club and that's that.

Not surprised, @croadyman
Thank the Lord that the world is not yet governed by trigger happy cancel vultures. So just because he "allegedly" didn't want to wear the band means he is homophobic. RIP logic.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Thank the Lord that the world is not yet governed by trigger happy cancel vultures. So just because he "allegedly" didn't want to wear the band means he is homophobic. RIP logic.
Damn liberal lefties ruining this once great club :mad:

"Allegedly" he released a statement saying it was against his religious beliefs and all. Don't let the facts get in the way of you jumping down my throat for expressing a simple viewpoint though. Peace. :D

Last edited:

Drizzle

He can feck off somewhere else with his freedom of choice. If he doesn't respect LGBT rights I don't want him at the club and that's that.

Not surprised, @croadyman
I'm inclined to agree. It's not 'cancelling' him, it's just preferring that a player who explicitly admitted he was uncomfortable supporting equality doesn't come here.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Damn liberal lefties ruining this once great club :mad:

"Allegedly" he released a statement saying it was against his religious beliefs and all. Don't let the facts get in the way of you jumping down my throat for expressing a simple viewpoint though. Peace. :D
Nothing was aimed at you, yet you took it so. Not surprised one bit though. No "facts" yet show that he's homophobic. Just twisted words guised as "simple viewpoint" you want to shove down ones throat. Peace indeed.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Nothing was aimed at you, yet you took it so. Not surprised one bit though. No "facts" yet show that he's homophobic. Just twisted words guised as "simple viewpoint" you want to shove down ones throat. Peace indeed.
You literally replied to my post how the feck was it not aimed at me :lol:

He released a statement giving his reasoning for not wearing the armband.

'I have decided not to wear the rainbow captain's armband for this round of play. I do think it is important to emphasize that I respect everyone regardless of religion, background or preference. I think everyone is free to do what they want or feel. I understand very well the importance of this action, only I do not feel I am the right person to support this due to my religious beliefs. Therefore, I do not feel comfortable wearing this captain's armband. I can imagine that some people are disappointed by this. That is absolutely not my intention, although I realize that I may not be able to take away that feeling directly with these words. But I hope that my choice for religious reasons will also be respected.'

So he's putting his opinion entirely down to his religion. For me, first of all, religion is not an excuse for intolerance.

Secondly, his salary being paid by a betting company, a lottery company, and an alcoholic drinks company. For this he has no religious problems."give me the money".

Being asked to wear a rainbow-themed captain's armband: "all of the sudden, I see religious problems here".

It's bollocks. I don't respect him or his views. I don't want him at our club. Simple as that. No cancelling here.

Thiagoal

He’s scored an abnormal amount of screamers for a 22 year old! Also impressive that he’s been made captain so young!

izec

So he's putting his opinion entirely down to his religion. For me, first of all, religion is not an excuse for intolerance.

Secondly, his salary being paid by a betting company, a lottery company, and an alcoholic drinks company. For this he has no religious problems."give me the money".

Being asked to wear a rainbow-themed captain's armband: "all of the sudden, I see religious problems here".

It's bollocks. I don't respect him or his views. I don't want him at our club. Simple as that. No cancelling here.
Will you stop supporting the club once the Qataris take over?

Telsim

Good. Get him. He could play in the roles of Bruno and Eriksen.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like another no.10 masquerading as a central midfielder. Controversial moments above aside, I’d rather we just get a straight up no.8.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Like him, but didn't know about the rainbow armband incident. He is only 22, so I'd like to think it's just down to immaturity and his environment, but I don't fancy having someone with those sort of views on the team.

Grande

Erm...freedom of choice?
If Maguire came out in public support of nazism, would you want him picked as our captain because of ‘freedom of choice’, or would you be a ‘trigger happy cancel vulture’ and say pick someone else?

We might hope that Kökcü is just a bit dense and will learn, but the careful work going into his statement doesn’t look promising. Even to most footballers, it’s clear that like taking the knee expresses ‘people should not be discriminated against due to skin colour’, not ‘people should try to be more darkskinned’, the rainbow armband is not about ‘admonishing gay sex’, but about ‘not discriminating, punishing or using violence towards people because of sexual and emorional orientation’. Considerately using to wear it is just a way of saying ‘My religion decrees me to want to punish and discriminate against people with different orientation, and I want to fight for that cause’. If he can’t see that, he shouldn’t be captain, and I wouldn’t United to pay him millions to come to Manchester to represent United.

Giggsyking

4 weeks ago this guy made a video why he is an alternative to FDJ.

NYAS

Looks like another no.10 masquerading as a central midfielder. Controversial moments above aside, I’d rather we just get a straight up no.8.
I’ve gone back pretty far looking at their line-ups and there’s always been either the Polish lad playing (who’s a 10) or a double striker combo (Danilo and Gimenez). Kokcu looks about as “8” as you can get, tbh.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a number #8 who is comfortable in all phases of play. He's very comfortable on either foot, can play on the half turn and is a key figure in Arne Slot's attack minded approach, which is similar to how ten Hag wants to develop the current Man Utd team. Kokcu has even been utilised as a sole #6 by Slot, but I think he's best utilised as a playmaking #8.

The only concern would be if he can make the step up to EPL level. But he's a low risk option with potential high rewards. I think a signing like this also potentially opens the door for another midfield signing. And I believe we should be targeting two midfielders.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve gone back pretty far looking at their line-ups and there’s always been either the Polish lad playing (who’s a 10) or a double striker combo (Danilo and Gimenez). Kokcu looks about as “8” as you can get, tbh.
I’ve never watched him play of course and I’m solely looking at snapshot stats so I could be completely spot off here, but… Near enough bottom 10 percentiles in all of the defensive stats and a very average passing accuracy % to match our already very poor ball retaining midfield. https://fbref.com/en/players/9bf914b4/Orkun-Kokcu

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He's a number #8 who is comfortable in all phases of play. He's very comfortable on either foot, can play on the half turn and is a key figure in Arne Slot's attack minded approach, which is similar to how ten Hag wants to develop the current Man Utd team. Kokcu has even been utilised as a sole #6 by Slot, but I think he's best utilised as a playmaking #8.

The only concern would be if he can make the step up to EPL level. But he's a low risk option with potential high rewards. I think a signing like this also potentially opens the door for another midfield signing. And I believe we should be targeting two midfielders.
Seems like a really exciting player Adnan! I’ve kept an eye on him ever since you started mentioning him a while back.

Much like Eriksen, and quite different from Frenkie de Jong, it is probably his pace and physique that is «least impressive about him». But those players are usually the best ones when they make it anyway (Modric, Xavi, Scholes etc).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems like a really exciting player Adnan! I’ve kept an eye on him ever since you started mentioning him a while back.

Much like Eriksen, and quite different from Frenkie de Jong, it is probably his pace and physique that is «least impressive about him». But those players are usually the best ones when they make it anyway (Modric, Xavi, Scholes etc).
I think at the very least he'll raise our bottom level when it comes to progressing the play. His technical ability is of a good level and he shows courage on the ball whilst playing the game at a high intensity. He's still young at 22, and will improve further, but for me he's someone that is worth taking a chance on and plays in a team who keep the ball well. And he's probably the key cog in the Feyenoord team who look like they're on the verge of winning the Eredivisie title. And that's after Feyenoord had lost their entire left flank when they sold both Malacia and Sinisterra.

You make a good point about the likes of Xavi, Eriksen, Scholes and Modric. These guys were/are fantastic technicians who didn't or don't overly rely on physicality but rather their reliance is on technical elegance along with their high footballing I.Q, which was or is evident when watching them play. You can add physicality which helps but without high level technique and a high player IQ, tactics can't be implemented effectively in a expansive approach to the game.

I'd be happy with Kokcu and that might even allow us to sign another midfielder who can occupy a deeper role.

SAF is the GOAT

I think at the very least he'll raise our bottom level when it comes to progressing the play. His technical ability is of a good level and he shows courage on the ball whilst playing the game at a high intensity. He's still young at 22, and will improve further, but for me he's someone that is worth taking a chance on and plays in a team who keep the ball well. And he's probably the key cog in the Feyenoord team who look like they're on the verge of winning the Eredivisie title. And that's after Feyenoord had lost their entire left flank when they sold both Malacia and Sinisterra.

You make a good point about the likes of Xavi, Eriksen, Scholes and Modric. These guys were/are fantastic technicians who didn't or don't overly rely on physicality but rather their reliance is on technical elegance along with their high footballing I.Q, which was or is evident when watching them play. You can add physicality which helps but without high level technique and a high player IQ, tactics can't be implemented effectively in a expansive approach to the game.

I'd be happy with Kokcu and that might even allow us to sign another midfielder who can occupy a deeper role.
How much do you think Feynoord will charge for him consider he has 2 years on his contract?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How much do you think Feynoord will charge for him consider he has 2 years on his contract?
That's a question that's been going through my head as well. Kokcu is Feyenoord's biggest talent in a number of years and I would expect Feyenoord to at the very least demand a fee that breaks their current record transfer fee received. And their record transfer fee received, if I'm not mistaken is around £22m, which they received from Leeds after selling Sinisterra.

I think Kokcu will cost around £30m to £35m. And his wage demands will likely be reasonable in comparison to a player like Mac Allister who is already earning 3× as much playing for Brighton if reports are to be believed.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This needs some @KirkDuyt input - both because he probably knows the player best on here and must love how Feyenoord's core will get ripped out (again) over the summer.

meamth

So you're actually cancelling him because he doesn't support your world view. What's the difference?

Also all this statement really contradicts to your open for all, forward thinking. What's the point? really.

Imagine a world in the future where Muslims is the minority, and PL created an armband to support muslims. A player refused to wear it, cancel him too?

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he a playmaker? Or a genuinely good passer who excels in deep areas?

If not, then next!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:drool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is he a playmaker? Or a genuinely good passer who excels in deep areas?

If not, then next!
He's a playmaker that I see being best utilised as one of the two midfielders either side of a #6, in a 3 man midfield.

I would also look to sign someone like Caicedo if possible. He's defensively very strong and has shown the ability to progress play in deeper areas of the pitch against the press.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This needs some @KirkDuyt input - both because he probably knows the player best on here and must love how Feyenoord's core will get ripped out (again) over the summer.
Everything in life needs KirkDuyt, I'm the Dutch Jesus after all.

I was a bit late to board the Kökcü train. Always thought he was a decent, but unspectacular prospect. This season (and last as well) he has really stepped up however and is far and away our most important player. He directs our play from the back, but unlike Frenkie (not saying he's better than Frenkie mind you), is also very effective in the final third with exceptional final or pre-assist passes. Scores often for a central midfielder and his work rate both defensively and offensively is very impressive. He's not as @DWelbz19 suspects a 10 masquerading as a CM though (though he does wear the nr 10 jersey), he's definitely a central midfielder. I'm very keen to see how he'll do against Roma. If he is as dominant against them as he's been all year, he will confirm his status as future star. I fully expect another Mourinho bore-out masterclass though, since we tend to concede silly goals early in matches only to come back and win them anyway, but conceding early is about the worst thing you can do against a Mou-side.

You lot should also watch Santiago Gimenez in that game. My new favorite player in the world :wenger:

Oh and about refusing the One Love armband, yes it's because of his faith. I personally don't accept faith as a basis of discrimination, but as far as this goes he's been respectful about it and I can imagine it's a bit of a shite situation to be in as a lot of people in your community might shun you for wearing it. Burak Yilmaz on the other hand had no qualms about wearing one, but feck me, there's been so much discussion about this in The Netherland, I won't bring it here too.