Oscar Pistorius Trial

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Roux not doing well now at all, digging into nothing into Stipp's statement and sounds like he is questioning the integrity of a credible witness despite that he keeps saying, "im not trying to question your credibility, its not about that"

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Paddy Power have been ordered to withdraw its Oscar Pistorius offers after a record number of complaints was received about it.
Just wondering, who has an authority over them in this case? I understand the ads, but ordering offers down...where that comes from?

iSparky

Just wondering, who has an authority over them in this case? I understand the ads, but ordering offers down...where that comes from?
Some kind of consumer regulator maybe? Im not sure to be honest.

Madthinker

really? quick thinking? A burglar taking a dump?

c'mon...
I believe Pistorius's story is that he thought a burglar was coming in via the toilet window, not that he thought a burglar was taking advantage of the toilet facilities.

c'mon...

Getsme

I believe Pistorius's story is that he thought a burglar was coming in via the toilet window, not that he thought a burglar was taking advantage of the toilet facilities.

c'mon...
I struggle to believe that he wouldn't check on his girlfriend.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

c'mon...
So what about the screams of the girl before the gun shots?

She was taking a dump then? And the burglar was coming in through the bathroom window at the same time?

C'mon...

Madthinker

I struggle to believe that he wouldn't check on his girlfriend.
So what about the screams of the girl before the gun shots?

She was taking a dump then? And the burglar was coming in through the bathroom window at the same time?

C'mon...
Have you both given up logic for lent?

The idea that the burglar would be have to be taking a dump does not imply that Pistorius's story wasn't a piece of quick thinking. That's because the burglar wouldn't have to be taking a dump for the story to hold, given the information at the time.

The fact that his story is pretty fanciful for other reasons is irrelevant to that point.

Getsme

What the feck are you on about? Where did I mention about anybody taking a shite?
If you thought someone was breaking into your house, would you not want to check on your girlfriend?

Madthinker

What the feck are you on about? Where did I mention about anybody taking a shite?
If you thought someone was breaking into your house, would you not want to check on your girlfriend?
1- Re-read my original post.

2- You replied to my post about that subject. If it wasn't meant to be related, then fine, but then why quote me?

3- Yes, obviously, but not in any way related to my point.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Getsme

1- Re-read my original post.

2- You replied to my post about that subject. If it wasn't meant to be related, then fine, but then why quote me?

3- Yes, obviously, but not in any way related to my point.
1) I've re-read your post.
2) I replied to your post as you said someone was allegedly breaking into their bathroom window.
3) If that was the case, would you not check to make sure your girlfriend was in bed or at the very least not in the bathroom before you fired a shot through the door?
4) No one has to be taking a shit.

Madthinker

1) I've re-read your post.
2) I replied to your post as you said someone was allegedly breaking into their bathroom window.
3) If that was the case, would you not check to make sure your girlfriend was in bed or at the very least not in the bathroom before you fired a shot through the door?
4) No one has to be taking a poo [Google friendly version].
1- To no avail, unfortunately.
2- Then you didn't understand it.
3- Yes, yes.
4- Yes they do. It was stated in GO's scenario, which I quoted.

Getsme

1- To no avail, unfortunately.
2- Then you didn't understand it.
3- Yes, yes.
4- Yes they do. It was stated in GO's scenario, which I quoted.
I didn't reply to GO, I relied to you when you said that he believed someone was breaking into his bathroom window, what's so hard to understand here.
The point still remains, why wouldn't he check on his girlfriend? It doesn't matter if the burglar was taking a shit, smoking a spliff or having a sneaky wank in the bathroom. Why would you fire through a bathroom door when you had no clue where your girlfriend was.

Madthinker

I didn't reply to GO, I relied to you when you said that he believed someone was breaking into his bathroom window, what's so hard to understand here.
The point still remains, why wouldn't he check on his girlfriend? It doesn't matter if the burglar was taking a shit, smoking a spliff or having a sneaky wank in the bathroom. Why would you fire through a bathroom door when you had no clue where your girlfriend was.
The fact that I said nothing of the sort.

Prophet_of_Doom

I think what he's saying is that the screams came BEFORE the gunshots. And therefore - clearly - he would have been able to hear that the screams were coming from the toilet. And if he thought it was an intruder - he would have had to think it was an intruder coming in through the toilet window while she was in there. Possibly taking a dump.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation!

All that said, today is the first time I've actually doubted his guilt. He's one evil sob if he is guilty.

Getsme

I think what he's saying is that the screams came BEFORE the gunshots. And therefore - clearly - he would have been able to hear that the screams were coming from the toilet. And if he thought it was an intruder - he would have had to think it was an intruder coming in through the toilet window while she was in there. Possibly taking a dump.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation!
:lol:

Madthinker

Statement 1: Pistorius said he believed XXXXX
Statement 2: Pistorius believed XXXXX

Two completely different things.

Madthinker

You seem to think that I'm suggesting that Pistorius didn't do it, or that his story is plausible, or that his initial story about thinking it was a burglar was quick thinking. I'm saying none of these things.

I'm saying that his story isn't implausible because it necessitates the burglar having a dump, because it doesn't. It is implausible for other reasons.

Maybe story form will help:

Doctor [bursting into appartment]: What's going on here mun - I heard some bangs.
Pistorius: I shot my girlfriend through the toilet door.
Doctor: Why did you do that mun?
Pistorius: I thought she was a burglar.
Doctor: You thought she was a burglar taking a dump in your appartment? That hardly sounds very likely.
Pistorius: No, you utter nincompoop. I thought she was a burglar climbing through the window.
Doctor: Oh right. But still, your story sounds implausible for other reasons - for example, as Getsme says, why didn't you check on her. Plus the whole street heard her screaming.
Pistorius: Yeah, I don't have a leg to stand on do I?
Doctor: Hahahaha. Nice one. But yeah, you're screwed.

Getsme

You seem to think that I'm suggesting that Pistorius didn't do it, or that his story is plausible, or that his initial story about thinking it was a burglar was quick thinking. I'm saying none of these things.

I'm saying that his story isn't implausible because it necessitates the burglar having a dump, because it doesn't. It is implausible for other reasons.

Maybe story form will help:

Doctor [bursting into appartment]: What's going on here mun - I heard some bangs.
Pistorius: I shot my girlfriend through the toilet door.
Doctor: Why did you do that mun?
Pistorius: I thought she was a burglar.
Doctor: You thought she was a burglar taking a dump in your appartment? That hardly sounds very likely.
Pistorius: No, you utter nincompoop. I thought she was a burglar climbing through the window.
Doctor: Oh right. But still, your story sounds implausible for other reasons - for example, as Getsme says, why didn't you check on her. Plus the whole street heard her screaming.
Pistorius: Yeah, I don't have a leg to stand on do I?
Doctor: Hahahaha. Nice one. But yeah, you're screwed.
You're obsessed with people taking dumps.

simon_xazza

Astonished that the prosecution dint make more of that fact that by the time the doctor happened to arrive no ambulance had been called. Roux is annoying. Started talking about ballistic evidence that is yet to come, stating as fact, that it supported his point.

Last edited:

Madthinker

Unless it was all pre-meditated..........

But ready the story by time the Doc got there she was not in the bathroom anymore, so Oscar had time to move her body before the Doc got there.
Yes, he could plausibly have backed her into the toilet & closed the door thinking that this would give his burglar story enough credence.

Besides, it was hardly quick thinking. I'm sure it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds for most people to come up with.

Rednotdead

Yes, he could plausibly have backed her into the toilet & closed the door thinking that this would give his burglar story enough credence.

Besides, it was hardly quick thinking. I'm sure it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds for most people to come up with.
I think it's far more plausible that they had the row the first witness talked about, he became uncontrollably aggressive so she ran and locked herself in the toilet to get away from him (taking a phone with her). The red mist descended and he fired through the door then realised what he'd done, broke down the door and got her out. It didn't take much imagination or invention to convert Reeva into a burglar.

iSparky

So a large part of the defence seems to be built around the fact that Oscar Pistorius screams like a girl....:lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Ok, I'm struggling here. What the difference between 'he said he believed' and he 'believed'?
Because what he said he believed could be a lie but what he believed is what he actually believed.

Getsme

Because what he said he believed could be a lie but what he believed is what he actually believed.
So he believes that he believed it but many not believe what's he previously believed, believed.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So he believes that he believed it but many not believe what's he previously believed, believed.
Are you struggling with the concept that what someone says is not the same as what they actually think?

It's fairly important in deciding whether someone actually set out to kill someone or not.

Getsme

Are you struggling with the concept that what someone says is not the same as what they actually think?

It's fairly important in deciding whether someone actually set out to kill someone or not.
Christ on a bike.