Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

The_Midfielder

Useless player ..Coman and Kolo Muani( 12) will take up his place ..
I don't think he will get a call up again

SAFMUTD

What an absolute awful game he had. Lost count of how many times he lost the ball.

mu4c_20le

That was quick, proposal was presented a few hours ago. Romano wiretapping again.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It had to be quick as his release clause apparently goes up to €100m on 1 August.
And he's supposedly going to bank half of his release clause for himself. 25M +20M per year, not too bad...

dinostar77

Why would barcelona put in such a low release clause fee in his new contract last summer?

Incredible player when fit and an exhilarating joy to watch. Just a pity he's made of glass and has an unprofessional attitude.
Agreed.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Barca got 25m and an additional year of his service, rather than lose him for free last summer.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
The objective way to look at it, Barca fans will be gutted but it's a win in the grand scheme of things.
There is nothing to be gutted about, because his cons list is as long, if not longer than his pros list. Yes, he was always a joy to watch when he tried to take on defenders in a 1on1 with his speed and agility. But his decision making is awful in many situations and he has a weak shot. Either it looks like he passes to the goalkeeper, or birds flying over the stadium are endangered. The goal he scored against Madrid recently is a rarity. Then there is his injury list, where he missed like 120 games for Barcelona. It got better lately, but last season he was out for 3 months again. You can never have surety with a player injured that often. Culers accepted all of this only because he was such a joy to watch, but I don't think many will be gutted that he decided to leave. In all those years everytime I was at the Camp Nou, I very rarely saw Dembele kits, despite being a franchise player. There is a reason for it.
It also has a bad aftertaste, that he decided to leave in a similar way Neymar did. Instead of saying the truth beforehand, he traveled with the team to the States to prepare for the new season and dropped the news in the last day of his 50m release clause. And last, but not least to quote Cruyff: "If you have second thoughts on playing for Barca, than you're not longer of service to us".

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Barcelona really wasted that Neymar money so badly.

Unbelievable waste of resources. Cost them a CL title.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona really wasted that Neymar money so badly.

Unbelievable waste of resources. Cost them a CL title.
Yeah well, we had the worst president in the history of our club when the money came in. But we're on the right track again with Laporta. With Dembele's departure, this awful part concludes finally.

Care_de_Bobo

Barca got 25m and an additional year of his service, rather than lose him for free last summer.
That is actually a lot closer to his true worth than the fee Barca originally paid for him. Just another example of the risks involved when judging young attackers in the Bundesliga.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
And last, but not least to quote Cruyff: "If you have second thoughts on playing for Barca, than you're not longer of service to us".
Should have taken this attitude on Messi, who told the club he wanted to leave in August 2020.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Big loss for Barca. He is by far their best winger/attacker.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Should have taken this attitude on Messi, who told the club he wanted to leave in August 2020.
The club didn't want him to leave for free. No one is forced to stay at Barca, as long as the club gets a fair recompense. Of course you have to take this into consideration in today's time with the quote.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What happened to Lewandowski? Been so poor whenever I watch them.
I didn't watch a lot of Barca but Dembele is a tremendous player. His obvious issue, and that is a very big one, is availability. But his abilities are world class.

JuriM

I didn't watch a lot of Barca but Dembele is a tremendous player. His obvious issue, and that is a very big one, is availability. But his abilities are world class.
And he is joining PSG? Or at least there's been multiple reports per se saying that already that they have agreed on the transfer fee.

wr8_utd

:'(
And he is joining PSG? Or at least there's been multiple reports per se saying that already that they have agreed on the transfer fee.
Looks likely they're going to trigger the 50m release cause that expires today.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
His release clause of €50m is only valid until August 1. And from that €50m half goes to his own pockets.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But his decision making, concentration and composure isn't, even though he has improved a lot in this regard from what I've seen. Still, Barca could be unusually erratic last season despite having a coach who loves possession and much of it had to do with the wastefulness of their attackers. I think they can do without Dembele. The management also handled the situation well considering that he was almost a free agent not too long ago.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bloody hell. Great little extension he and his agent negotiated there.
I agree, but he also took a (40%?) paycut for last season. All in all Barca had no real leverage.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
There is nothing to be gutted about, because his cons list is as long, if not longer than his pros list. Yes, he was always a joy to watch when he tried to take on defenders in a 1on1 with his speed and agility. But his decision making is awful in many situations and he has a weak shot. Either it looks like he passes to the goalkeeper, or birds flying over the stadium are endangered. The goal he scored against Madrid recently is a rarity. Then there is his injury list, where he missed like 120 games for Barcelona. It got better lately, but last season he was out for 3 months again. You can never have surety with a player injured that often. Culers accepted all of this only because he was such a joy to watch, but I don't think many will be gutted that he decided to leave. In all those years everytime I was at the Camp Nou, I very rarely saw Dembele kits, despite being a franchise player. There is a reason for it.
It also has a bad aftertaste, that he decided to leave in a similar way Neymar did. Instead of saying the truth beforehand, he traveled with the team to the States to prepare for the new season and dropped the news in the last day of his 50m release clause. And last, but not least to quote Cruyff: "If you have second thoughts on playing for Barca, than you're not longer of service to us".
The timing is not ideal for Barcelona, however given the treatment Suarez received in Barcelona on his exist, it is hard to have any sympathy toward Barcelona. In the end Barcelona got 25m for this transfer out of nothing, so it is a good for both parties.

Oranges038

Dembele is the only one who'll come out on top in this deal.

Laughing all the way to the bank.

Marvin look out

Can't believe he's been there for 6 years already and he plays exactly the same as he arrived.
These type of players rarely change. The Ben Arfa, Januzaj, etc.

Some people still see him as a prospect when he's 26 and should be a finished product. He really hasn't done anything in football so far. Three good months in ligue 1, a good season with Dortmund and years of injuries and inconsistent performances with Barcelona. He was also given many chances as a starter with the French NT and has failed to perform well, let alone shine, almost everytime. Just look at his World Cup.

To think some people claimed years ago that he was actually more talented than Mbappé. Just like it was said than Ben Arfa was more talented than Benzema.

It should be abundantly clear by now that he's not a world class player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Quality when he wants to be. Unfortunately it’s not enough for a top team

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
According to reports, PSG isn't able to pay the clause in time, which means they need to negotiate with barca now and there is no more 50/50 fee sharing with Dembele. I'm hoping for at least a €50m fee.