Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If Barca get Griezmann, would they consider getting their money back?

luke511

How's he done for them since his return from injury? Haven't watched enough of him to have a valid opinion.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How's he done for them since his return from injury? Haven't watched enough of him to have a valid opinion.
Been a bench player really so hasn't had the opportunity to play himself into form.

Greck

Hasn't really fit in just yet. Has a style that hasn't meshed with their delicate short passing style in and around the box. Early days but i can see him getting sold a la Fabregas

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A Dortmund 'legend' that is struggling at another club. Shocking.

izec

They will give him another year, no way are they selling in the summer. Far too young and talented, plus he had bad luck with injuries.

Trizy

Which of our forwards would you rather us drop to accommodate Dembele?
RW since we have none and that's where he made his name in France and Germany. Mata and Lingard can feck right off the starting 11 to accommodate him if he recaptures his form :drool:

NotATroll

Hasn't played much. I'm a body language expert and can tell you he's not happy so he's probably looking to leave. Valverde ruins young players.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has been injured for half of the season and the system they used while he was out doesn't really suit him.

Trizy

Hasn't played much. I'm a body language expert and can tell you he's not happy so he's probably looking to leave. Valverde ruins young players.
How much would he be worth though? Obviously not the money they paid for him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's done fairly well with the time he's been given. Nothing extraordinary compared to his talent, but that's to be expected coming back from two injuries in quick succession. His style is still very raw, especially for Barcelona, but he has that special something very few players have, along with his adaptability to be impactful from both wings, I think Barcelona would be complete fools to let him go after only one year where he hardly got to play.

It will be interesting to see how he does at the World Cup alongside Mbappe and Griezmann.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Never really bought the hype around him. His highlight videos of course look impressive but if you watch complete games of him, you see that he quite often makes really stupid decisions, takes way too much risk and often has unclean technique. Then he screws up easy passes or his first touch is weak. Occasionally he can compensate it through his pace (especially his weaknesses in the first touch were overshadowed by it in his Dortmund times) but he definitely needs room for his dribblings unlike Messi or Neymar who could both outrun their opponents as well as beating them though body feints etc.
Therefore, Dembele isn't really good in tight spaces which makes him a really odd choice for Barcelona in particular considering their play style. I think English or Italian systems would suit him much better than Spanish ones. Could imagine him exemplarily at Juve. They tend to get the most out of players of his kind like Douglas Costa or Cuadrado.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
There's 0 chance he's getting sold. He's great already and will only improve
That's not entierly true. I mean, say we give them their money back and they get Griezmann. It would make sense, considering their wage bills is fecking massive and also not every player fits the Barca way.

Classical Mechanic

Never really bought the hype around him. His highlight videos of course look impressive but if you watch complete games of him, you see that he quite often makes really stupid decisions, takes way too much risk and often has unclean technique. Then he screws up easy passes or his first touch is weak. Occasionally he can compensate it through his pace (especially his weaknesses in the first touch were overshadowed by it in his Dortmund times) but he definitely needs room for his dribblings unlike Messi or Neymar who could both outrun their opponents as well as beating them though body feints etc.
Therefore, Dembele isn't really good in tight spaces which makes him a really odd choice for Barcelona in particular considering their play style. I think English or Italian systems would suit him much better than Spanish ones. Could imagine him exemplarily at Juve. They tend to get the most out of players of his kind like Douglas Costa or Cuadrado.
Totally agree. His fundamental technique isn’t top level, he does a lot of awful stuff when I watch him. Still a great talent mid but not really worth £120m.

Charles Miller

Its impossible to anaylise a player without taking into consideration the tactics of the team. Valverde is using the 4-4-2 and Demebele is playing in the midfield with a lot of defensive duties. That style/position is very negative to him.

Migo

There is no chance he is going to be sold, he is almost the only wide player they have and he already showed alot of potential when he played, he is still 20 years old and he even admited he needs to get rid of some negative habits.

He is a fans favorite right now and i think Valverde will use him alot next season, its just almost impossible to accommodate Messi, Suarez, coutinho , Iniesta and Dembele in the same line up. Iniesta is leaving so Coutinho and Dembele will play a bigger role next season

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There is no chance he is going to be sold, he is almost the only wide player they have and he already showed alot of potential when he played, he is still 20 years old and he even admited he needs to get rid of some negative habits.

He is a fans favorite right now and i think Valverde will use him alot next season, its just almost impossible to accommodate Messi, Suarez, coutinho , Iniesta and Dembele in the same line up. Iniesta is leaving so Coutinho and Dembele will play a bigger role next season
We are talking about Barca. Multiple new players will arrive in the summer. Especially in CM it seems like they could facilitate greater changes. Arda is being completely ignored by Valverde and Andre Gomes simply doesn't perform. I guess they will buy at least one new CM and Griezmann will probably also come. Since Valverde plays Coutinho on the wings most often, I guess that it will acutally be two more midfielders instead. Additionally, it is not clear if they will stay with their 4-4-2. Their bad performance in the CL and reliance on Messi doesn't really speak for Valverde. Wouldn't be surprised if he had to go. But even if he stays, the Griezmann rumours as well as their general transfer strategy imply a return to the 4-3-3.

Things aren't really looking bright for Dembele. I think that the 4-4-2 is actually better for him since Messi would otherwise occupy Demebele's position. In a 4-3-3 the front three will most likely be Messi, Suarez and Griezmann/Coutinho. In a 4-4-2, the strikers would probably be Suarez and Griezmann with Messi dropping to RM again.
Currently, I see no constellation that he would profit from.

Migo

We are talking about Barca. Multiple new players will arrive in the summer. Especially in CM it seems like they could facilitate greater changes. Arda is being completely ignored by Valverde and Andre Gomes simply doesn't perform. I guess they will buy at least one new CM and Griezmann will probably also come. Since Valverde plays Coutinho on the wings most often, I guess that it will acutally be two more midfielders instead. Additionally, it is not clear if they will stay with their 4-4-2. Their bad performance in the CL and reliance on Messi doesn't really speak for Valverde. Wouldn't be surprised if he had to go. But even if he stays, the Griezmann rumours as well as their general transfer strategy imply a return to the 4-3-3.

Things aren't really looking bright for Dembele. I think that the 4-4-2 is actually better for him since Messi would otherwise occupy Demebele's position. In a 4-3-3 the front three will most likely be Messi, Suarez and Griezmann/Coutinho. In a 4-4-2, the strikers would probably be Suarez and Griezmann with Messi dropping to RM again.
Currently, I see no constellation that he would profit from.
They already bought Arthur but he will join the team in winter 2019. Coutinho will take Iniesta's place by default, so knowing Valverde likes to play double pivot so thats Busquets and Rakitic in the middle along side Coutinho. And front 3 Messi , Suarez and Dembele, if they buy Griezman he will probably rotate with the front 3 , we've seen this season how Suarez can't play the whole season with no rest. Messi and Suarez will need to rest alot more next season and Griezman might be a solution.

By the way Valverde used to play 4-3-3 with Bilbao, he probably used 4-4-2 alot more this season to improve the team defensively, he might revert to 4-3-3 next season.

Greck

Have noticed the same watching him. Barca need a special kind of attacker with close control and pass and move smarts. I think Martial would be a better fit than Dembele in their system. He'd fit well in Liverpool's system though

borrays

a 20 years old footballer is having difficulty of decision making? SHOCKING!
If the rumors about him being unsettled at Barca is true then we need to keep an eye on this. One of the most talented youngsters in the world atm and plays in the position we needed most. Barca with all their rhetoric about mes un club rarely succeed when it comes to nurturing young players outside of La Massia.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
a 20 years old footballer is having difficulty of decision making? SHOCKING!
If the rumors about him being unsettled at Barca is true then we need to keep an eye on this. One of the most talented youngsters in the world atm and plays in the position we needed most. Barca with all their rhetoric about mes un club rarely succeed when it comes to nurturing young players outside of La Massia.
You deliberately misunderstood me. People in here like talking about the "Barca DNA". And what they mean with at is a player who has a brillant technique and footballing brain so that he adapts to their specific system easily. Barca missed out on many of these players in the past years but Dembele wouldn't be one of them. Asensio exemplarily would be such a player.

He is of course a very, very talented player but I don't think he and Barca are a good match.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You deliberately misunderstood me. People in here like talking about the "Barca DNA". And what they mean with at is a player who has a brillant technique and footballing brain so that he adapts to their specific system easily. Barca missed out on many of these players in the past years but Dembele wouldn't be one of them. Asensio exemplarily would be such a player.

He is of course a very, very talented player but I don't think he and Barca are a good match.
I would agree with this. It really surprised me when they went for him and for that amount too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great talent etc but considering his price surely Barcelona expected a much better return than what he's achieved in his first season so far. 120m or something.

Skills

Snitch
Great talent etc but considering his price surely Barcelona expected a much better return than what he's achieved in his first season so far. 120m or something.
Been injured for a big chunk of it tbf.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Its impossible to anaylise a player without taking into consideration the tactics of the team. Valverde is using the 4-4-2 and Dembele is not playing.
FTFY

Honestly, i still think he'll be worth the money. And barca might not be all that unhappy about his season given they probably won't have to pay any add-ons yet :D

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Had his coming out game today, been a rough season for him but it's good to see him starting to get his confidence back.