Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
As a matter of fact I have watched him at Dortmund, which was his best season so far. He just scored 8 goals in all competitions, below what Martial is capable of doing in a more difficult league.
sure thing mate

The guy scored mere 8 goals in all competitions on his best season so far.
Do assists account for anything in your book? I guess not.

Didn’t do jackshit on his first season at Barcelona.
You clearly followed him, since you evidently know that he was injured for more than half of his first season in Barca.

Currently is having ok matches against fodder team on La Liga
Chelsea is a fodder team as well I guess. Oh well.

You are as biased as it gets, mate.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
First, Dembele isn't scoring enough goals, just assists.

Now, he's scoring a goal pretty much every game, but not enough assists.

The kid can't win with some people, I guess.

He's still so raw and yet productive in every game. He still has a lot to iron out, and Barcelona is going to be a great environment for him to improve his decision-making, because he still loses a lot of silly balls with his passing (I don't mind him losing the ball trying to dribble in the last third because you want him to try and penetrate defenses, which he's more than capable of).

His ceiling is as high as it gets, if he can maximize his potential then he will be a Ballon d'Or contender very soon.

Colombian Mancunian

sure thing mate
Are you implying that Bundesliga is harder than PL?

Check stats, Martial on his best season scored more goals than Dembele on his best.

Do assists account for anything in your book? I guess not.
They count, but are second on importance to an attacking player. And dembele’s assist aren’t a particularly high number.

You clearly followed him, since you evidently know that he was injured for more than half of his first season in Barca.
Chelsea is a fodder team as well I guess. Oh well.
You are as biased as it gets, mate.
He was injured, but what he did after and before injury wasn’t anything of note.

He played Chelsea at freaking preseason! That really doesn’t count. We won a pre season tourney with LVG, beating Madrid in the process. Preseason matches are just friendlies not indicative of a player true form.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tactically he has improved a lot, his movement and defensive awareness are far better. He still needs to improve a lot on these things but it's great to see an evolution in his game, now he needs to be more focused.

JPRouve

Scout
Are you implying that Bundesliga is harder than PL?

Check stats, Martial on his best season scored more goals than Dembele on his best.

They count, but are second on importance to an attacking player. And dembele’s assist aren’t a particularly high number.

He was injured, but what he did after and before injury wasn’t anything of note.

He played Chelsea at freaking preseason! That really doesn’t count. We won a pre season tourney with LVG, beating Madrid in the process. Preseason matches are just friendlies not indicative of a player true form.
He played one game before his injury in which he had an assist, he also joined Barcelona at the end of the transfer window. When he came back Valverde had shifted to a 442 because they didn't had wide attackers and there was no room for Dembélé from a tactical standpoint. For someone that has followed him, you seem to lack any sort of context.

Colombian Mancunian

Now, he's scoring a goal pretty much every game, but not enough assists.

His ceiling is as high as it gets, if he can maximize his potential then he will be a Ballon d'Or contender very soon.
If he does that against top teams, not just La Liga fodder, consistently until the end of season, then I’ll change my opinion of him.

His ceiling ain’t s higher as it gets. M’Bappe, Dybala and Martial have higher ceilings.

As I said, if he can put performances consistently against top teams, he can reach the level of a Robben/Ribery/Reus. But he ain’t reaching the heights some people here say he will.

Raven

Great talent. The French front line should be:

Martial-M'Bappe-Dembele

That would be disgusting.

padr81

Supports
Man City

Martial-M'Bappe-Dembele

No way Martial deserves to be in the team over Griezmann. Fwiw, they play their best football with Giroud up top and the Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele thing didn't really work out. Don't see how Martial would improve upon that.

Nick7

Because goals are what win matches, not runs, not possesion, just goals.

Or you prefer freestyle tricks ala Neymar or possesion over goals ala Xavi/Guardiola?
Because goals have not and never will be the only thing that win games. Players can contribute to wins, and goals even without that stat changing at all.

I have no idea what you're talking about in your second point.

Raven

No way Martial deserves to be in the team over Griezmann. Fwiw, they play their best football with Giroud up top and the Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele thing didn't really work out. Don't see how Martial would improve upon that.
I don't necessarily mean right now. They're all under 22. I feel they're the 3 biggest attacking talents France have, I see Lemar as a CM.

JPRouve

Scout
It was actually fairly good even though it hasn't been used much and Dembélé was still trying to regain form. The issue with it is that it put more pressure on the fullbacks and wide CMs, if France wants to play with them game experience is key.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Martial-M'Bappe-Dembele

Martial is disgustingly overrated on this forum. Jesse Lingard keeps him out of the United team, yet you think he should start over Griezmann for France?

I don't think Dembele should start for France either. He is far closer than Martial though.

3KDré

Martial-M'Bappe-Dembele

Not right now, maybe the next World Cup. I reckon Martial would play great with Griezmann behind him.

Giroud is great for France but eventually they're going to have to replace him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As a matter of fact I have watched him at Dortmund, which was his best season so far. He just scored 8 goals in all competitions, below what Martial is capable of doing in a more difficult league.

Rennes? His time there is no indicative of his level. Depay was the best player at Eredivisd and look how that turns out. Lacazzette turned League 1 on fire, what has he done on EPL?

Most people jump at me saying y have no sense, that I don’t watch the player, that I’m clueless... those are your arguments to prove Dembele is as good as you say?

The guy scored mere 8 goals in all competitions on his best season so far. Didn’t do jackshit on his first season at Barcelona. Currently is having ok matches against fodder team on La Liga and people here are comparing him to Ronaldinho? Let’s wait how the season goes and how instrumental he is for Barcelona. If I have to retract my opinion I’ll do it... But until he scores more than 15 goals in all competitions and probes instrumental in Barcelona winning a trophy, I will not rate Dembele above Martial, or consider him the WC player some here make him to be.

I have watched him numerous times due to the overhyping of him here... Dortmund just managed 8 goals in all competitions, Barcelona didn’t do anything on his first year, and currently with one month of football have looked good against fodder teams. On the WC he didn’t even play 30 minutes.

Seriously people, have you watched him? Or do you like him just for his exotic name? If he were at United the same people who overhype him will crucify him for his lack of definition and weak mentality.

Excuse me for having a diferent opinion and thinking your beloved Dembele isn’t as good as you think.

He is good, just not 120 million good (especially after 8 mere goals in all competitions). Barcelona got scammed, Dembele is a 60 million player at best.

I’ll want him at United? Considering we currently have no one at Rw, he will be an upgrade. What I don’t want is the club to pay a ridiculous amount for him. Maybe 80 millions die to the “premier league tax” and the “united tax”, but anything above that heck no. Not worth it.

For 120-150 we can get Dybala who is twice the player, has more goals in him and has a way higher ceiling.
You do know he got injured last year upon arriving right ? You're nuts man, it's not about our "beloved Dembelé" :lol:, if you cannot take criticism when you post something on the caf, go hide yourself

Colombian Mancunian

Martial-M'Bappe-Dembele

I don't necessarily mean right now. They're all under 22. I feel they're the 3 biggest attacking talents France have, I see Lemar as a CM.
Right now neither Martial nor Dembele ha e a place on the starting 11 of the French NT. They play with Giroud on the Benzema role (being a pivot) with Griezmann and M’Bappe playing off him.

In the future maybe they will play with M’Bappe as a 9, Martial LW and Dembele RW. I hope the later Teo Can fe their shit together and become the players they can be (Robben/Ribery level), while M’Bappe fulfill his potential (Henry/Rooney level).

You do know he got injured last year upon arriving right ? You're nuts man, it's not about our "beloved Dembelé" :lol:, if you cannot take criticism when you post something on the caf, go hide yourself
I’m giving arguments, while some people here instantly called me crazy for daring to have a different opinion. Other posters actually have arguments.

I repeat. He is good, just not as good as some people here think he is. Dembele is seriously overrated by the Caf.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Right now neither Martial nor Dembele ha e a place on the starting 11 of the French NT. They play with Giroud on the Benzema role (being a pivot) with Griezmann and M’Bappe playing off him.

In the future maybe they will play with M’Bappe as a 9, Martial LW and Dembele RW. I hope the later Teo Can fe their shit together and become the players they can be (Robben/Ribery level), while M’Bappe fulfill his potential (Henry/Rooney level).

I’m giving arguments, while some people here instantly called me crazy for daring to have a different opinion. Other posters actually have arguments.

I repeat. He is good, just not as good as some people here think he is. Dembele is seriously overrated by the Caf.
He is still better than Martial who doesn't get called up. He plays for Barca, Martial plays for United, nuff said.

RooneyLegend

Devestating footballer. No idea what Barca have done to deserve moving from Dinho to Messi and now to Dembele. Really remarkable.

Trizy

According to the Dailymail Barcelona will try offload him at the end of the season.

Any La Liga watchers wanna post how his been this season? He looked to be the next big thing when he moved and the price that was paid.

I'd love him here but apparently they're looking for £96m.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They invested a lot of money in him and he had a bad injury when he first got there so hasn't developed as they would have liked. I doubt they are trying to offload him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fitting him and Coutinho into the same side was always going to be tricky. I've always felt that while he was a player they probably admired he was a bit of a panic buy off the back of loosing Neymar

He's only behind Mbappe in terms of current French talents and would be absolutely perfect for us on the RW

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was heavily involved in only 2 goals after his sub El Clasico appearance, get rid! Makes no sense, as it usually is with Daily Mail "news". They're not his direct competitors, but Barcelona should plan for the future which does not include Suarez and Messi, however good they are now.

He would be a dream for us, obviously, even though he shares the same problem as Pogba and Martial does — lack of top-notch mentality on top of their incredible football skill. But we need to somehow change that, hopefully the new manager will be able to do it, so I don't see why he won't help Dembele as well.

Andersons Dietician

According to the Dailymail Barcelona will try offload him at the end of the season.

Any La Liga watchers wanna post how his been this season? He looked to be the next big thing when he moved and the price that was paid.

I mean if this was true we should be all over it but I doubt it’s true.

I wouldn’t even say he has really failed, I suppose if you spend that much on someone you expect him to go in to the first team and immediately light the place up, but i’m Sure he was bought with the future in mind and like someone else has written he was probably a bit of a panic buy after losing Neymar.

He’s had injuries and he isn’t a nailed on starter but the few times I’ve seen him this season he has still done things in game where I’m left amazed. There is a player there and it might not be this year or next or even at Barca but he has something special.

Adcuth

Not right now, maybe the next World Cup. I reckon Martial would play great with Griezmann behind him.

Giroud is great for France but eventually they're going to have to replace him.

Dembele Martial M'Bappe

Griezmann​

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Started the season on fire and found himself on the bench again.
Really think they would sell if they got their money back.
We can't afford to miss out if he's sold.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

Would pay it tbh. We do have exciting players coming though but we rely too much on Martial to provide that kind of ability. A little risk but there's risk buying proven players. Sometimes you just need some luck.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Barcelona have too many attackers to accommodate a young inconsistent player. Malcom can't get a game.

Trizy

Would pay it tbh. We do have exciting players coming though but we rely too much on Martial to provide that kind of ability. A little risk but there's risk buying proven players. Sometimes you just need some luck.
With the law of average, surely to god we're due some luck with signing players :nervous:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I could see PSG being interested to replace Cavani. Dembélé needs to step up wherever he plays though, his career is seriously stalling.

KennyBurner

God I see what you are doing for others in the transfer market. Please so it for us with dembele. I would pay whatever they are asking. This guy is the answer to all our problems on the right side. A playmaker with lightning speed. Sign him up.

Competition isn’t great with the likes of arsena and Liverpool chasing him. Chelsea though might be a problem if they decide to go for him which I think they will.

Decomposing In Paris

Ok, I haven't thought much about him since he got injured for Barca (shortly after he signed)... but if he's available, I'm all in. Just recently Mourinho has been playing Martial, Lukaku, and Rashford across the front. Replace either Lukaku or Rashford with Dembele and you will really have people off their seats. His ability to beat his man will stretch the opposition and cause them to double up on him. You can't double up on Martial and Dembele without leaving some space for players like Pogba to get into scoring position on a regular basis.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barca won’t sell Dembele at all

He’s been wonderful when he plays

meamth

So is he going to improve us on the RW? If yes sign the kid up!

But I'd rather we spend 50m-60m on Sancho/Pulisic.

EDIT:
But thinking about it, we have another French Connection with him, Pogba and Martial. :drool:

The Purley King

Would bite Barca's arm off if they wanted £100m.
Is easily worth that.

Front three and midfield of:

Martial Rashford Dembele
Pogba Fred
Pereira

Should be what we are aiming for.

Edit - removing Lukaku :)