Ousmane Dembele - Barcelona Player

Trizy

Would bite Barca's arm off if they wanted £100m.
Is easily worth that.

Front three and midfield of:

Martial Rashford Dembele
Pogba Fred
Pereira

Should be what we are aiming for.

Edit - removing Lukaku :)
Try Edit v2.0 and remove Rashford. He's not good enough.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Barca won’t sell Dembele at all

He’s been wonderful when he plays
I wouldn't say he's been wonderful, maybe just good or very good.

Still, I love his style and what he offers, but lately I have this stinging feeling that he lacks something to make it into our starting eleven and be a key player for Barcelona. Dunno, it's like when he plays he doesn't show much emotion or hunger?.

Greck

Why is it not working out?
From what I see he's a cracking talent but not all cracking talents fit Barca. Think how Di Maria would look in Barca with his often thick decision-making. It's no slight to the player as Barca play a system where everyone has to be on a particular wavelength

Schneckerl

Any La Liga watchers wanna post how his been this season? He looked to be the next big thing when he moved and the price that was paid.

I'd love him here but apparently they're looking for £96m.
Won them games at the start of the season, but had some problems after that. You'd expect to get a starter for the price tag even if he is just 21 years old.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
He has issues with defending and loses the ball way too often. He also seems immature and prone to drama.

Time will tell if he's still in Barcelona by June 2019.

Andersons Dietician

I wouldn't say he's been wonderful, maybe just good or very good.

Still, I love his style and what he offers, but lately I have this stinging feeling that he lacks something to make it into our starting eleven and be a key player for Barcelona. Dunno, it's like when he plays he doesn't show much emotion or hunger?.

He’ll fit right in at United then, how would you guys feel about a part exchange for Rojo, Jones and because we are nice we’ll throw in Valencia and say 10 quid.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
He’ll fit right in at United then, how would you guys feel about a part exchange for Rojo, Jones and because we are nice we’ll throw in Valencia and say 10 quid.
That sounds great, we offload a player that creates problems for our style, and get Rojo (Messi would be delighted with another Argentinian) Jones (Opens up the British market for us) and Valencia (an always needed veteran pressence in the locker room, shame he probably talks as much Catalan as English).

Andersons Dietician

That sounds great, we offload a player that creates problems for our style, and get Rojo (Messi would be delighted with another Argentinian) Jones (Opens up the British market for us) and Valencia (an always needed veteran pressence in the locker room, shame he probably talks as much Catalan as English).
Sorted then it’s official, I’ll phone Ed, you get in touch with whoever you need to run it past. Seriously if he was available in any way whatsoever I would hope our club would be all over him. He is exactly what we need for the right hand side and has that creativity.

I do kind of get what you were saying by the way, I haven’t watched all that much of Barca recently but generally when I have Dembele has had moments of sheer class and his ability and I think damn he is doing well then I’ve seen other games where it just doesn’t seem quite right.

RooneyLegend

They'd sell for the right price, he seemingly doesnt fit the way they play. We have to get this done.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would prefer the guy that Dortmund replaces him with. Still, wouldn’t say no.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Only at the right price at least, they didn't have a reason to sell Neymar but they did.
They had no choice, Neymar had a release clause and legally he is allowed to leave. Once his release clause was it was out of Barca’s control

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Why is it not working out?
1. We bought Coutinho, and Valverde sees Coutinho as a forward and not a midfielder. He has the left wing spot locked up, because he’s our second best player after Messi.

2. Suarez is not droppable. There have been periods in the last twelve months where he definitely deserved to get dropped, but Valverde doesn’t have the balls to do it.

3. Busquets is also unstoppable, and so is Rakitic (in the eyes of Valverde).

This means the only way Dembele gets into our starting eleven is if we play 442, but Arthur’s performances have been so good that he’s forced himself into the team. This means that Dembele is the odd man out.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Dembele is also not as good as people on here think. He is talented, but clearly not as talented as Neymar. He doesn’t have Neymar/Hazards ability to maneuver in tight spaces. He also gets dispossessed rather easily.

He’s a great player to have on a counterattacking team, because his speed and dribbling (when he has space) is incredible. But when we are faced with a packed defence, Dembele is not someone who will break them down.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I could see PSG being interested to replace Cavani. Dembélé needs to step up wherever he plays though, his career is seriously stalling.
You think his career is stalling? I think he's developing fine. There are stumbling blocks, especially when you come to a new country, with new expectations, language, and a complicated system to pick up. He's still one of their leading goal scorers. The guy spent one year in Rennes, one year in Dortmund (where he did very well), and now is entering his second year in Barcelona....if anything, he's progressed too quickly and Barcelona rushed his transfer (and so did he) a bit earlier than I think he was ready for but being in Barcelona is one of the better places to iron out the major flaws in his game.

I think a lot of the rumors of him leaving are also to open up a new round of juicy Neymar speculations on his comeback. I don't think Barcelona are stupid enough to let him go, but with their current leadership anything is possible. If he's available, every club should move heaven and earth to get him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Would prefer the guy that Dortmund replaces him with. Still, wouldn’t say no.
Me too. With doubts about Dembeles mentality, the fact Sancho would be cheaper, command less wages and I also think he could really hit the ground running If we get him back to Manchester. We should still always be signing the best British talents and he certainly is that. He’s currently the most impressive English youngster.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Me too. With doubts about Dembeles mentality, the fact Sancho would be cheaper, command less wages and I also think he could really hit the ground running If we get him back to Manchester. We should still always be signing the best British talents and he certainly is that. He’s currently the most impressive English youngster.
If he keeps up his form, Dortmund might sell him for even more than Dembele the way the market is going.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've always thought Dembele was ideal for our RW spot.

Based on his time at Barca I have a few reservations. More than being a tactical misfit, while he's been good this season, he appears to lack a bit of confidence/aggression and quick decision making ability required at an elite club. He's very young though and a good second season may sort that out.

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Dembele is also not as good as people on here think. He is talented, but clearly not as talented as Neymar. He doesn’t have Neymar/Hazards ability to maneuver in tight spaces. He also gets dispossessed rather easily.

He’s a great player to have on a counterattacking team, because his speed and dribbling (when he has space) is incredible. But when we are faced with a packed defence, Dembele is not someone who will break them down.
Yeah even when Barca were signing him I thought it was an odd fit. Barca are usually at their best with Striker types on the wing(Henry,Villa) but, then again Coutinho's success there so far sort of kills that theory. And Dembele with the way he plays is going to lose the ball a ton which is a sin at Barca. At the time the saga was going on I wonder why Mbappe and Barca did not consider each other since he would be a much better fit for their style.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Agreed but he is a player who needs complete faith and game time to overcome those issues. His close control has got worse at Barca when you would normally expect it to get better.

Closer attention from coaches and game time, to stimulate his mind, motivation levels is needed to take him to the next level. He’s similar to Martial in that respect. If treated poorly by manager or put in too strict and competitive an environment he doesn’t feel confident or comfortable in being allowed to iron out his kinks at his own pace.

Relfy

I think a front line with him and Martial involved would be something special if we could pull it off. Not watched much of Barca this season so not sure how far he has regressed. Maybe the move would kick start him again? Get Agent P on the case!

Kostov

If this guy switches clubs, we must move heaven and earth to get him. We lack a RW, this guy is already a very good player with potential to be one of the best.

Skills

Snitch
I reckon he'd be fantastic here if we get a good attacking manager. I think he'd compliment martials style really well on the opposite wing.

I would pay the 100m.

Bwuk

Pogba being able to interlink w/ Martial & Dembele would improve our side tenfold.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You think his career is stalling? I think he's developing fine. There are stumbling blocks, especially when you come to a new country, with new expectations, language, and a complicated system to pick up. He's still one of their leading goal scorers. The guy spent one year in Rennes, one year in Dortmund (where he did very well), and now is entering his second year in Barcelona....if anything, he's progressed too quickly and Barcelona rushed his transfer (and so did he) a bit earlier than I think he was ready for but being in Barcelona is one of the better places to iron out the major flaws in his game.

I think a lot of the rumors of him leaving are also to open up a new round of juicy Neymar speculations on his comeback. I don't think Barcelona are stupid enough to let him go, but with their current leadership anything is possible. If he's available, every club should move heaven and earth to get him.
Yes I don't think he's developing much and he looks increasingly less special than he was at Rennes. He lives on his huge talent but there are worrying signs.

Greck

Agreed but he is a player who needs complete faith and game time to overcome those issues. His close control has got worse at Barca when you would normally expect it to get better.

Closer attention from coaches and game time, to stimulate his mind, motivation levels is needed to take him to the next level. He’s similar to Martial in that respect. If treated poorly by manager or put in too strict and competitive an environment he doesn’t feel confident or comfortable in being allowed to iron out his kinks at his own pace.
Think the misfit was apparent before he was in and out of the team. It's why he was out of the team in the first place. Don't think this is a problem of confidence but one of skillset. His short passing and decisions didn't mesh with the rest and quite a few could see as early as last season that Barca would move on like they have other misfits.

cyberman

Think the misfit was apparent before he was in and out of the team. It's why he was out of the team in the first place. Don't think this is a problem of confidence but one of skillset. His short passing and decisions didn't mesh with the rest and quite a few could see as early as last season that Barca would move on like they have other misfits.
I agree. Barca wanting rid reports leaked almost as soon as they signed him. Its as if they assessed him during a few training sessions and immediately regreted their decision.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Barca bought him for €140-150m, if they sell him two years later for €100m that difference speaks louder than any words about his development.

Andersons Dietician

Barca bought him for €140-150m, if they sell him two years later for €100m that difference speaks louder than any words about his development.
Think there is a bit of currency confusion going on. In pounds they bought him for £96 million. Supposedly they want to recoup that at least so this is where the 100mil is coming from in pounds. Not Euros.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I reckon he'd be fantastic here if we get a good attacking manager. I think he'd compliment martials style really well on the opposite wing.

I would pay the 100m.
If we signed dembele and had martial on the other side we definately need a better striker than Lukaku or rashford they’ll continue to feck everything up.

Wouldnt mind seeing Alexis-martial-dembele as a front 3.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Think there is a bit of currency confusion going on. In pounds they bought him for £96 million. Supposedly they want to recoup that at least so this is where the 100mil is coming from in pounds. Not Euros.

The transfer contract has been made public via Football Leaks / Spiegel, I've looked it up again: Barca paid a base fee of €105m, plus €5m for his 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th game each (or the remaining sum at once should he leave the club before 2022), plus €5m for qualifying for CL football (up to two times), plus €5m for winning the CL (up to two times).
So should they sell him this season he would have cost them €105m base fee + €20m for "100" games + 2x€5m for making the CL twice and maybe an additional €5m should they win it this season. Leaving the sum at €135m to €140m.
€135m would be about 120m in pounds.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Isn't the guaranteed payment only about €100-110m?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I agree. He was a misfit almost instantaneously which is why I think his motivation and discipline has not been there from the beginning. He lacked the instant skill set to be a success there and he’s at a club where that patience isn’t really afforded - Barca standards are incredible so you either fit their style to a tee or you’ll be left by the wayside.

Doesn’t mean he’s going to end up a failure - just means he’s in an incompatible playing environment for his own needs and current skill level.

Andersons Dietician

The transfer contract has been made public via Football Leaks / Spiegel, I've looked it up again: Barca paid a base fee of €105m, plus €5m for his 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th game each (or the remaining sum at once should he leave the club before 2022), plus €5m for qualifying for CL football (up to two times), plus €5m for winning the CL (up to two times).
So should they sell him this season he would have cost them €105m base fee + €20m for "100" games + 2x€5m for making the CL twice and maybe an additional €5m should they win it this season. Leaving the sum at €135m to €140m.
Ok I’ll bow down to transfer leaks as my source was just the British tabs and they aren’t fit to wipe your arse with, so roughly in pounds he cost them 115-124 million pounds.
The tabs here are claiming 96million pounds and that they would want to recoup that. I seriously doubt any of the story of them wanting him to leave is true, however I do think he was a weird purchase for them especially when not long after they got Coutinho.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
All the sites I checked, it's 5 million for every 25th game he plays and nothing on 20 million should he leave the club before 2022.

That shouldn't make much difference though as if they sell him this season he will play at least 50 games so that's a difference of just 10 million.

So if they sell him in jan or this season, it will be 105 Million base fee + 10 million for 50 - 74 games, 10 million for making CL twice.

That's 125 million.

Overall the point stands though, it shows he didn't progress and Barca should sell him at loss.

TAA

Supports
liverpool
God I see what you are doing for others in the transfer market. Please so it for us with dembele. I would pay whatever they are asking. This guy is the answer to all our problems on the right side. A playmaker with lightning speed. Sign him up.

Competition isn’t great with the likes of arsena and Liverpool chasing him. Chelsea though might be a problem if they decide to go for him which I think they will.
At the moment Liverpool look just as attractive if not more then utd.