Ousmane Dembele | Fee agreed with Dortmund, medical on Monday, Barca go from MSN to LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
If they signed him the first week of the transfer window (before neymar, morata, lukaku..etc) they get him for €70m. That then rises to €100m due to the crazy transfers. Then the desperation and €200m Neymar money that raises to €150m!

I'm delighted, Barcelona are a bunch of cnuts. :lol:
If Barca would have come 1st week, the answer would have been 'not for sale'. Only the Neymar story opened that can.

70m€ would have never gotten you Dembele..at no time.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I see , you failed to catch the point between the lines, I am not saying we are going in a wrong direction under mourinho or lvg, But we are faling short in getting and completing that jigsaw which would take us to the next level and sharpen our attack which could break top defenses and create chances against top teams.
I'm not missing any point, you're the one avoiding the obvious.

Here's my question to you, which so far you seem to just ignore.

Exactly what the feck can we possibly do to sign Dembele when
a) Barca want him
b) He said he wants to play in Spain
c) Barca have a €220m warchest thanks to Neymar
d) 99% of players will choose the Spanish giants over English clubs

?

prtk0811

Tbf I don't really think it is. We could have gotten Hazard if we paid the agent fee. We haven't a chance with Dembele regardless of finances. Fergie missed out on a lot of players because of his stubbornness and that was a big part in the decline of our squad. Mourinho hasn't had the same issues and aside from Perisic has pretty much gotten the players he wants regardless of cost.
Lvg dint go for sadio mane with that agressibe push when we lost pedro , Mourinho, ignored sadio mane last summer, now dembele wont be here, we wont get willian, we lost pedro who was hijacked by mourinho himself. perisic is more of a left winger who would fill the ashley young role in attack. Mkh 's best come in the no 10 spot, he fails every time on the right when plays against big teams, because of his inability to hold the bal in high pressure.

We are short and that's an obvious fact, which is am stating about.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Lvg dint go for sadio mane with that agressibe push when we lost pedro , Mourinho, ignored sadio mane last summer, now dembele wont be here, we wont get willian, we lost pedro who was hijacked by mourinho himself. perisic is more of a left winger who would fill the ashley young role in attack. Mkh 's best come in the no 10 spot, he fails every time on the right when plays against big teams, because of his inability to hold the bal in high pressure.

We are short and that's an obvious fact, which is am stating about.
I'm not even going to try read that ineligible paragraph.

What about my question, care to answer?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Barca being Barca, cry to La Liga, try and get all European super clubs to go against PSG for allegedly tapping up and signing Neymar, they openly speak about other clubs players. They're such a pitiful club and I don't feel one bit sorry that they're now floundering to Real, so poorly run top to bottom.
It's lovely to see things going against them at last. :drool: Mes que un pack of cnuts.

prtk0811

I'm not missing any point, you're the one avoiding the obvious.

Here's my question to you, which so far you seem to just ignore.

Exactly what the feck can we possibly do to sign Dembele when
a) Barca want him
b) He said he wants to play in Spain
c) Barca have a €220m warchest thanks to Neymar
d) 99% of players will choose the Spanish giants over English clubs

?
Its not just about dembele, but every other creative player out there who slots in on the right hand side and provides that right balance for the team which can frighten big teams.

And you answered it yourself, 99% of players choose spanish giants over english clubs because spanish giants show that ambition to get to become the europe's best, Do we? All the non footballing reason's come later than footballing reasons and the money.

City got a lot of players who would idealy go to spain big two.

We seriously lack that creative spark which can open up defenses in tight games in high pressure games.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Its not just about dembele, but every other creative player out there who slots in on the right hand side and provides that right balance for the team which can frighten big teams.

And you answered it yourself, 99% of players choose spanish giants over english clubs because spanish giants show that ambition to get to become the europe's best, Do we? All the non footballing reason's come later than footballing reasons and the money.

City got a lot of players who would idealy go to spain big two.
Yes, exactly for feck sake, so how can you moan about us not getting Dembele when we literally CAN'T get him? Are you seriously unable to see that extremely obvious, massive flaw in your argument? I'm starting to think you're just a bit too thick to bother with.

prtk0811

Yes, exactly for feck sake, so how can you moan about us not getting Dembele when we literally CAN'T get him? Are you seriously unable to see that extremely obvious, massive flaw in your argument? I'm starting to think you're just a bit too thick to bother with.
We are closing all our options, one by one. Di maria, pedro ,mane, Dembele is just one of them. There is an obvious flaw here. We are falling short.

You cant argue that no one wants to come to us. We are stopping short of getting to that level because we are punching below our weight for that crucial player Who would take us to that next level.

KN5

If Barca would have come 1st week, the answer would have been 'not for sale'. Only the Neymar story opened that can.

70m€ would have never gotten you Dembele..at no time.
Weren't there talks of him being available for around €85m?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
We are closing all our options, one by one. Di maria, pedro ,mane, Dembele is just one of them. There is an obvious flaw here. We are falling short.

You cant argue that no one wants to come to us. We are stopping short of getting to that level because we are punching below our weight for that crucial player Who would take us to that next level.
You're just a moaner. If we bought Dembele tomorrow you'd probably find another player to complain about us not getting.

We've bought excellently under Mourinho so your whole argument is total nonsense.

ghagua

You do realize that signing a player is a 2 way thing? There may be a reason why we are not in for some of those players that are moving this summer, maybe our manager does not fancy working with those players, or maybe the players are not interested in coming here (Mbappe)

prtk0811

You're just a moaner. If we bought Dembele tomorrow you'd probably find another player to complain about us not getting.

We've bought excellently under Mourinho so your whole argument is total nonsense.
No , i could also say the same thing about you being happy and satisfied about always being the club who under achieves in europe and falling short of being one of the best teams in the world and comming to peace with the terms of seeing the spanish clubs dominate the europena football like its in inevitable that we will always be that as under dogs when it comes to being in europe as a contender to win the top honours and dominate.

A moaner is very different to being realistic of the quality of the team and stating the obvious of where we are falling short for the philosophy we play under mourinho and as a club to get to that next level.

Last edited:

prtk0811

You do realize that signing a player is a 2 way thing? There may be a reason why we are not in for some of those players that are moving this summer, maybe our manager does not fancy working with those players, or maybe the players are not interested in coming here (Mbappe)
That's assuming we never make mistakes in the transfer market, which is not the case, We do.

Any argument can be won with " Mourinho does not want him". line. If one player does not come its fine but if we let the issue being unaddressed there is a problem.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
No , i could also say the same thing about you being happy and satisfied about always being the club who under achieves in europe and falling short of being one of the best teams in the world and comming to peace with the terms of seeing the spanish clubs dominate the europena football like its in inevitable that we will always be that as under dogs when it comes to being in europe as a contender to win the top honours and dominate.

A moaner is very different to being realistic of the quality of the team and stating the obvious of where we are falling short for the philosophy we play under mourinho and as a club to get to that next level.
I wouldn't be happy if we weren't making signings that improve the team, or spending big on players, or we weren't sacking inept managers and replacing them with much better ones, or we weren't steadily improving under the new manager.

But we are.

I just don't expect us to go from having a poor squad that couldn't get top four in the league or anywhere in Europe, to almost instantly being back up there with the very best as you seem to expect from us. These things take time. Real, for all their greatness now, took many years to get to this level.

Mostly, unlike you, I actually have patience and don't act like a moaning, spoilt brat.

ghagua

That's assuming we never make mistakes in the transfer market, which is not the case, We do.

Any argument can be won with " Mourinho does not want him". line. If one player does not come its fine but if we let the issue being unaddressed there is a problem.
What other reasons can there be? Either manager does not want that player, or the player would prefer to play elsewhere. Money is not an issue for United for a top player if they become available as Woody has said may times. What we don't want to do is overpay for average players like Perisic. The transfer fees paid for Pogba and Lukaku should provide proof on what United are capable of. Until Neymar's transfer, Lukaku would have been the record transfer with the add on's, that's 2 world records in 2 summers.

prtk0811

I wouldn't be happy if we weren't making signings that improve the team, or spending big on players, or we weren't sacking inept managers and replacing them with much better ones, or we weren't steadily improving under the new manager.

But we are.

I just don't expect us to go from having a poor squad that couldn't get top four in the league or anywhere in Europe, to almost instantly being back up there with the very best as you seem to expect from us. These things take time. Real, for all their greatness now, took many years to get to this level.

Mostly, unlike you, I actually have patience and don't act like a moaning, spoilt brat.
Again, you are genralizing that i am not happy with signings we are making under mourinho, thats not the case at all but we need one or two more in the window every season since 4 years now which would give us the ability to put a completely well balanced team out there for the philosophy the manager develops out there . We are making 4 signings but missing one that one or two more and then having to invest even greater next summer for those same positions.

Real madrid went from a team who can not get past last 16 in ucl for 6 years to a team consistantly dominating europe and go to the ucl semi's every year in a span of 2 years. Just 2 years , its been 4 years for us now and We still dont have a completely balanced first team. There is a lot of sqare pegs in round holes at the moment. They dint have a balance problem after spending that cash which we do.

The time factor is a valid reason if you dont spend that much money ike sir alex ferguson , but if you spend that much there is no point in stopping in between and waiting for that next summer to buy again for the problems we faced last season because of not giving a final push needed to fill that gap and balance it out, which we are doing since many windows.

There is no point in being very patient till the likes of herrera and matic Mkh get older and De gea leaves the club til we get there and then we are let with the deficiencies of the older players which wuld need replacing if they get past their current prime.

Patience is must, but not without fixing the obvious balance and creativity problem we have in the first team.

Andersons Dietician

I would think a large part of this is Barca covering their asses so when they fail with bids for Countinho and Dembele they can say oh we tried but these clubs were unreasonable it's not our fault.

Kinda feel like they've left these things too late to pull off huge deals. Never know tho they might be signed sealed and delivered by Monday but Dortmund and Pool would be stupid to sell either now. They'd be better to wait a season so they can bring in their own replacements.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Again, you are genralizing that i am not happy with signings we are making under mourinho, thats not the case at all but we need one or two more in the window every season since 4 years now which would give us the ability to put a completely well balanced team out there for the philosophy the manager develops out there . We are making 4 signings but missing one that one or two more and then having to invest even greater next summer for those same positions.

Real madrid went from a team who can not get past last 16 in ucl for 6 years to a team consistantly dominating europe and go to the ucl semi's every year in a span of 2 years. Just 2 years , its been 4 years for us now and We still dont have a completely balanced first team. There is a lot of sqare pegs in round holes at the moment. They dint have a balance problem after spending that cash which we do.

The time factor is a valid reason if you dont spend that much money ike sir alex ferguson , but if you spend that much there is no point in stopping in between and waiting for that next summer to buy again for the problems we faced last season because of not giving a final push needed to fill that gap and baance it out, which we are doing since many windows.

There is no point in being very patient till the likes of herrera and matic Mkh get older and De gea leaves the club til we get there and then we are let with the deficiencies of the older players which wuld need replacing if they get past their current prime.

Patience is must, but not without fixing the obvious balance and creativity problem we have in the first team.
Yeah, one extra, or .. why stop there? Why not another one, and another one, and more and more? Who cares that we're already spending £150m a window, finances mean nothing! Let's just buy every player out there and then we never have to look back and go "ah shit we should've bought him!"

I'll reiterate, you're acting like a spoilt kid. You want us to buy all the best players, you want us to immediately achieve success, you want us to not worry about finances or what not and get them all, you want to ignore the fact that some of these players are simply unobtainable and just throw your toys out of the pram when we don't get them.

Personally, I'd rather my view than yours, because I'm pretty happy with the way things have been going lately and am very excited for this season.

And you are a moaner, I don't know why you deny it. All you do on this forum is complain, you're never happy, it must be miserable for you to support this club.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Suarez out at least a month and the fee just went up to 160M. :D:D

ghagua

Unbelievable how the sporting director at Barca is claiming that Dembele are Coutinho are done deals before an agreement is in place. They complained like little b*t***s when PSG signed Neymar from them.

prtk0811

Yeah, one extra, or .. why stop there? Why not another one, and another one, and more and more? Who cares that we're already spending £150m a window, finances mean nothing! Let's just buy every player out there and then we never have to look back and go "ah shit we should've bought him!"

I'll reiterate, you're acting like a spoilt kid. You want us to buy all the best players, you want us to immediately achieve success, you want us to not worry about finances or what not and get them all, you want to ignore the fact that some of these players are simply unobtainable and just throw your toys out of the pram when we don't get them.

Personally, I'd rather my view than yours, because I'm pretty happy with the way things have been going lately and am very excited for this season.

And you are a moaner, I don't know why you deny it. All you do on this forum is complain, you're never happy, it must be miserable for you to support this club.
Of course, we needed that one or two more every window since last 3 and 4windows, because we have lacked balance in that first team even after spending so much and our league finishes and records against top teams in the league and europe have proved that consistantly, hasn't it.

Even after spending so much we needed more, that's the bloody point , I don't care if we spend 150 m or spend 15 m , we should have a completely balanced team out there who does not have square peg in round holes in the season and lacking that quality accustomed to man utd which was never the case before or even if it was our management under fergie got the best out of the team and still outplayed top teams in europe, yet te individual quality was not always there under him which made the difference in big games, but he never broke the record to get there because of his proactive vision and the pipeline of quality youngsters he bought to fill that gap.

What would be Manchester United like , if sir Alex let go the likes of ronaldos and rooneys to other clubs saying we can't sign all when we already have rvn and ole . What would united be like if we let go giigs train with city as a kid after being watched from that scout who complled fergie to buy him. We have always been that club who ha world class youth talents as a core of the team who go on to develop I to world class and letting go those talents to other clubs as the reasoning of we can't sign them all is exactly why we have been struggling even after spending so much, because of always being that unbalanced team lacking quality in some areas and United have been reactive about it in the market than be proactive.

Putting an unbalanced team out there is not a top club like United must be compelled to do even after having to spend 150 m for last 3 seasons. You spend to fix issues in your team and we leave a part of that issues un attended going into the season because of keeping that spending in check and lack of proactive vision of what we might need in the future.

A combination of both is missing.

Of course I am also Optimistic going into the season but one has to also be realistic about what's stopping us to get to the level we want to.

Even if you are one of the best , you don't have to get satisfied and rest but approach it as you are only second best to keep working to be the best.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
What would be Manchester United like , if sir Alex let go the likes of ronaldos and rooneys to other clubs saying we can't sign all when we already have rvn and ole . What would united be like if we let go giigs train with city as a kid after being watched from that scout who complled fergie to buy him. We have always been that club who ha world class youth talents as a core of the team who go on to develop I to world class and letting go those talents to other clubs as the reasoning of we can't sign them all is exactly why we have been struggling even after spending so much, because of always being that unbalanced team lacking quality in some areas and United have been reactive about it in the market than be proactive.
Jesus Christ, this whole paragraph.

You seem to be forgetting SAF's last few years. He let Hazard, Moura and others slip away because they cost too much/agent fees, he signed average players like Young and Zaha, he underspent and instead relied on ageing players. Sir Alex's underinvestment is one of the main reasons our squad has been in need of such a massive overhaul these past few years. I actually think you're just plucking shite from your arse with no thought process behind it.

I'm done discussing with you, you're a moaner with no fecking logic to anything you say. Keep whining if that's what you want. Either you're thick or a WUM, and I've no interest in talking to either.

SirAnderson

You seem to be forgetting SAF's last few years. He let Hazard, Moura and others slip away because they cost too much/agent fees, he signed average players like Young and Zaha, he underspent and instead relied on ageing players. Sir Alex's underinvestment is one of the main reasons our squad has been in need of such a massive overhaul these past few years. I actually think you're just plucking shite from your arse with no thought process behind it.

I'm done discussing with you, you're a moaner with no fecking logic to anything you say. Keep whining if that's what you want. Either you're thick or a WUM, and I've no interest in talking to either.
Dude I don't even know how you managed to last so long arguing with that guy. Its like talking to a cheese grater. You will always end up in pain. The logic is non existent.

I completely agree with your views and share the same. We are moving in the right direction. For me the only one that got away, is Griezmann which i'm hoping he will coming next summer if not Jan. But like you said, most times circumstances and other matters make players unobtainable and if people can't see that, then I don't know.

Anyways, Ousmane as great a player as he is, seems barca bound. I'd prefer him to stay one more season though at Dortmund.

prtk0811

:lol:, What a completely deluded arguments, and yet you never seem to get the main point, If one is so close minded arguing is like trying to hold water in a pot which is kept up side down and remains that way stubbornly, and start the personal attacks with a close mind.

You seem to mention The problems which started from saf's last few years and yet have the suggestion we dont have to learn the lessons of our past mistakes and past windows and apply it in the future, yet keep repeating Same old mistakes we did in the past and from the current footballing climate. :lol:

When ever sir alex ferguson rebuilt the team in the past , he always kept that balance in the first team to keep competing on highest levels in the league and in europe , although he underachived in europe for his own liking which he has himself mentioned many times in the past and have regrets over it.

What's important to notice here is , if you have to build a team and the squad which is greater than than sum of all parts collectively as a group having a well balanced team on the pitch for the philosophy of the play you instill in the team is damn important, reguardless if you have to spend truck loads of cash or have that proactive vision of the future of what the team would need and get it in a proactive way rather than having to wait and others gazumping on your targets or players which would be that vital cog in your team . That's is what i am mentioning here.

We dont go to extra lenghts to put out a team that is very well balanced, creative and thus remains short of becomming a team in the season which can be called as greater than a sum of all individual parts together, Those extra lenghts might include spending on additional one or two players in the same window or even proactive scouting and buying that player like we did in case of lindelof this season, because if you dont the other teams do not sit idle and the relative gap we have to cover to get to the top always remains the same or even widening in some cases and that the reason for us not finishing in the top 4 all these years.

Even if madrid have the likes of BBC madrid under zidane are not sitting idle have having to proactively buy the likes of asensio and isco and vasquez and theo hernandez who'll eventually replace those current players , We have been missing that combination of that proactive approach and going extra lenghts.

If you dont analyze and correct the mistakes you are bound to repeat them , which is happening since fergie retired. As a result we have been in a position which we are desperate need for quality like the current barcelona side who neglected midfeild and defense for years, but barcelona aint waiting to spend the neymar cash and get what they need , like we did when we sold cristiano ronaldo and di maria sale and lost the battle for pedro, we sat idle.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
130m for that headless chicken :wenger::eek::lol:
There's something seriously wrong with the Barca board

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's astounding the amount of nonsense I read from some people on Dembele like he's some scrub who's not worth the attention he's getting. The guy is pure talent and should be pursued at all costs. But now that Neymar is gone, I don't see what's stopping him from joining his dream club (which might turn out to be a nightmare for him).

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Headless chicken? Come on that's nonsense.
Well he does resemble a headless chicken at times. Poor decision making, dwells on the ball way too much, his crossing is questionable. He's way too raw for Barca at the moment

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It's astounding the amount of nonsense I read from some people on Dembele like he's some scrub who's not worth the attention he's getting. The guy is pure talent and should be pursued at all costs. But now that Neymar is gone, I don't see what's stopping him from joining his dream club (which might turn out to be a nightmare for him).
He's joining at Barcelona at the worst possible time if he does move. He'd be wise to hold off and try and join them at his peak. We could take him for 4-5 years...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Dembele does lose the ball quite a bit. I sort of wonder how that would be received at Camp Nou. Great talent though.

Hanky panky

If Barca buys Dembele, how much will be his release clause? ;) I guess that time of the low €200M release clauses are over.:lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's joining at Barcelona at the worst possible time if he does move. He'd be wise to hold off and try and join them at his peak. We could take him for 4-5 years...
Personally, I have no problems spending money on a player knowing he wants to go elsewhere down the line, but the way Dembele is behaving worries me. I've always had slight concerns about his mentality before this summer but now it's just another little reminder. It could be nothing overall in the span of his career, but it could also be a hint of what's to come down the line. I'm tired of extremely talented French people with a crazy mentality.

Anyways, I think joining when Neymar played for Barcelona was actually the worst time for him to join as far as he's concerned. Now he has that position on the left wing of the offense that opened up for him and he'll be a starter so that's why he's acting up like this. He's definitely not doing it the right way, but his intent is clearly to go to Barcelona. That's not to say I wouldn't try my best to make him realize he has plenty of time to do that and he can conquer a great challenge in Manchester and the way Barcelona is going these days, without Coutinho or Dembele they might not even be a destination that calls out to every young talented players like it once did.

If Barca buys Dembele, how much will be his release clause? ;) I guess that time of the low €200M release clauses are over.:lol:
You say that but they have Messi at 250M right now which is very doable for some clubs. Real got it right with Cristiano and his billion dollars release clause (or was that just media bs?). I think the way the game is set now, you need to be willing to fork extra if you have a sure thing to be able to slap that release clause (since it's mandatory in Spain from what I've read). It's just so much easier to simply not have one as a club.

littleman

Watching the highlights video, looks like a promising talent. Not anything like young Messi but could become a great.

In any case, I think he's about the same ballpark as Pulisic in terms of talent. A bit higher than Martial. Not sure if that justifies the insane cost but looks like young talent is only going to become more expensive in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.