Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If Barcelona can't figure out how to break down Bayern, I expect Dembele to make a 20m cameo.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Would love to see him come on today and show his world class talent. Won’t be holding my breath mind,

drmuji

One thing which I would say is that, (barring this humiliating game), he is extremely quick and has a good shot on him as well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is very good but it would be too risky transfer. Too much money for a player who is always injured and has other problems.
If we can't get Sancho this season, we should go for cheap short term options like Perisic. Or maybe just loan Dembele and see what happens.

ghagua

He is a high-level risk player. His injury history is terrible, add in the reported behavioral issues and it's a huge red sign not to sign the player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His contract expires in 2022 according to Castles so Barca will likely sell.

Kajus

If Barca will only accept a deal that includes an obligation to buy, and for a hundred million that, surely even Woodward can't be that fecking stupid to entertain this idea? Surely?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As I said in the other thread I was earlier against this one as Sancho is better and absolutely perfect for us. However aside from him, a fit Dembele is the next best bet for our RW given we've miserably fecked up the Sancho deal.

On Dembele, his ability is incredible. But he'd have to stay focused and fit which will be the main challenge. When he's fit and playing he's consistently decisive as his qualities are rare.

Irrational.

A middle finger to Dortmund is us signing someone not as good as the player they now keep?
I'd say he's potentially as good as Sancho, injuries permitting. He looked an absolute world beater at Dortmund in the same way that Sancho does currently.

Let them keep Sancho and his ridiculous €120 million valuation for a player who has achieved the square root of feck all.

amolbhatia50k

His contract expires in 2022 according to Castles so Barca will likely sell.
Problem will again be the fee. If we are going to go big on Dembele it's a risk given his lack of games for Barcelona. And we may as well go for Sancho who is better than him. It would also be the end of our persuit of the English as we aren't getting both.

On the other hand, if we are convinced he can remain (no idea how) and can sign him for a lower fee then I can see why it's being considered.

Irrational.

Says we want a loan but they want a sale of €100m, imagine the riots if we buy Dembele but wouldn’t fork out the extra 20m for Sancho. Would sum this club up. :lol:
It would be typical, but if Barca agree to a loan with the option of a purchase (at a reasonable price), that would surely be the smarter move.

amolbhatia50k

I Like Ismaila Sarr of Watford.
I don't. He hasn't got even half the ability Dembele has. I saw some clips the other day (yes that's the extent of my scouting) and there's world's between them in terms of ability. Sarr looks strong and quick but I don't see the balance and close control.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
For me Dembele in full flow is a better player than Sancho. He's more explosive and with his technique and genuine two footedness he could be a fantastic acquisition on the right hand side.

cyberman

I'd definitely take this, even if it is meant as a middle finger to Dortmund - feck 'em.
Starting to think this way as well. Without United I genuinley struggle to see who is in the market for Sancho next year. Chelsea maybe? Even then I dont think so.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Problem will again be the fee. If we are going to go big on Dembele it's a risk given his lack of games for Barcelona. And we may as well go for Sancho who is better than him. It would also be the end of our persuit of the English as we aren't getting both.

On the other hand, if we are convinced he can remain (no idea how) and can sign him for a lower fee then I can see why it's being considered.
Barca are skint and will be a lot more desperate for the money than dortmund will to be fair.

I think £80m they'd snap your hand off for - just as long as Dembele's hand doesn't snap off first.

amolbhatia50k

It would be typical, but if Barca agree to a loan with the option of a purchase (at a reasonable price), that would surely be the smarter move.

Option 1 - Sancho (undoubtedly the best RW we can or seemingly cannot buy)
Option 2 - Dembele with option but at a reasonable price

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I think with his contract running down this might be time for Barca to sell.

amolbhatia50k

Barca are skint and will be a lot more desperate for the money than dortmund will to be fair.

I think £80m they'd snap your hand off for - just as long as Dembele's hand doesn't snap off first.
80 million is a lot of money for Dembele though. At his best he's worth it but there's a huge risk involved given his fitness and application issues. I'd rather buy Sancho for 110 /120 even to be honest. But after Sancho, no other alternative has Demebele's raw talent. He can make defenders look incompetent.

Wayne's World

Some fans turning their nose up on Dembele sums it up. He has more talent in his toe then Dan fecking James and before he joined Barcelona he was arguably to me that best youngster in the world alongside Mbappe.

We are in no position to look down on any footballer right now, especially one as talented as Dembele is. Maybe a fresh start is what he needs.

Tiber

They picked a random big name to shut up fans after missing on Sancho? Compelling stuff

amolbhatia50k

I think with his contract running down this might be time for Barca to sell.
We should try and get him for 50/60 million. He has far more ability for example than Pulisic at Chelsea. We'd be getting and elite talent who basically has to be managed really well. The payoff would be huge albiet with a risk involved.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd take the obligation to buy contingent on him completing 45 games or more. We can't be obliged to keep a player that can't stay fit. However, if he proves he can play the bulk of our games over a season why wouldn't we keep him? At his best he's a brilliant player.

Status
Not open for further replies.