Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Is that a joke? Shaw has come back half the player he ever was.

RvP may be a decent shout, not sure he had lots of niggling injuries did he? I seem to remember he would be out for one game and then back in for a run?
But they arent crocks. Thats a different argument.
Plenty of players get over fitness issues. Hell wasnt Messi always injured due to the growth hormones? Dortmunds captain himself?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I like it.

Put it this way....dan james or dembele on the right wing??
It will be Greenwood as James is not good enough and Dembele will Balotelli his way in and out of the treatment room. Let's hope Dembele doesn't become a bad influence to our current crop of young players.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It looks like we are looking at Usama Bin Laden as an alternative option too. I’m not sure we’ll be able to agree personal terms with him.
He'd never pass the medical surely, even with our medical department.

jackal&hyde

It is a meaningless big name signing meant to get the fans off the owner's backs.
I don't think it will happen but if it does, it's a very talented RW that we need, on a loan that protects us in case he continues to get injured.

Redcy

Technical shortcomings???? What the hell am I reading? He would be the most technical player at the club. Also top 3 fastest with James and Rashford.
He is certaonly pretty quick when the blue lights go on

MiracleInMadrid

Can someone tell me whether his supposed lack of professionalism also shows when he is playing football? I haven't watched enough of him at Barca to have a clear picture of his in-game attitude.

Adamsk7

Season long loan but absolutely put a £45m option to buy in there because If he can stay fit and his heads in the game, he’s worth double that at least

Giggsy13

Problem is not form or talent. It is his attitude and injury issue. Loan with an option to buy is the only reasonable scenario for us.
His attitude issues were being overblown by Barca leaning papers. The Barca board, as we’ve seen over the past few months, is hyper sensitive to any suggestion that they’re failing the club, so releasing stories about a players poor attitude is not surprising.

Obviously his injuries are an issue but the pressure of the price tag and being labelled the Neymar replacement didn’t help him either. He’s a young player who was left exposed at Barca. Despite our incompetencies, United are actually very good in shielding young players from media pressure.

Dembele is only 23 and still has the opportunity to salvage his career. Ole worked wonders for our attackers and could probably do the same with Dembele. Again, a worthwhile risk on a loan with option to buy.

Zen

An injury prone player coming to a club who don't have the greatest record in keeping players fit recently..... one of the biggest flops in history too. Barca are desperate to rid of him.... robbing us blind at 45m. Probably a smokescreen though, or maybe I'm hoping.

kirk buttercup

His attitude issues were being overblown by Barca leaning papers. The Barca board, as we’ve seen over the past few months, is hyper sensitive to any suggestion that they’re failing the club, so releasing stories about a players poor attitude is not surprising.

Obviously his injuries are an issue but the pressure of the price tag and being labelled the Neymar replacement didn’t help him either. He’s a young player who was left exposed at Barca. Despite our incompetencies, United are actually very good in shielding young players from media pressure.

Dembele is only 23 and still has the opportunity to salvage his career. Ole worked wonders for our attackers and could probably do the same with Dembele. Again, a worthwhile risk on a loan with option to buy.
great post . I loved him at Dortmund ,through Injury and Barca papers turning on him he has had a difficult time at Barca . Zlatan didnt like it at Barca either apparently. He is worth a punt in my opinion even though he has been a bit injury prone

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If we do get Dembele on loan, there’s absolutely no way he’d sign permanently. After seeing how our club is run, he’ll be heading straight back to Barca!
If there is one club that seems to be ran worse than MUFC its Barcelona.

This is a smokescreen as far as I am concerned - where the real target is resigning Fellaini.

TheRedDevil2019

He's a diva loud and clear. Look at how professional Sancho has remained at BVB despite the links and bid from MUFC. In contrast, when Barca was sniffing around Dembele, he refused to respect Dortmund. He's a scummy kind of guy with little respect for anyone but himself. His poor behavior has been ongoing for years. He never learns and frankly, the further he's away from the club the better. Dembele won't do much to integrate into the team at all.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806752-the-trouble-with-barcelonas-wayward-star-ousmane-dembele#:~:text=Dembele explained he was suffering,to rest for the day.

"Barcelona's training that morning began at 11 a.m. There was no sign of Dembele. The club tried to contact him. His phone was on silent. Eventually, 30 minutes later, club delegate Carles Naval got through to him, per Sport. Dembele explained he was suffering from gastroenteritis.

When a doctor called to his house half-an-hour later to assess him, the blinds on his house were drawn. Most of Dembele's friends were asleep in the house. The doctor couldn't detect anything wrong with Dembele and told him to rest for the day.

The worry is that Dembele is more interested in playing PlayStation than with Barca. As well as lacking professionalism off the pitch, he's displayed a brainlessness and lack of patience on the football side. "

Beaucoup

He's a diva loud and clear. Look at how professional Sancho has remained at BVB despite the links and bid from MUFC. In contrast, when Barca was sniffing around Dembele, he refused to respect Dortmund. He's a scummy kind of guy with little respect for anyone but himself. His poor behavior has been ongoing for years. He never learns and frankly, the further he's away from the club the better. Dembele won't do much to integrate into the team at all.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806752-the-trouble-with-barcelonas-wayward-star-ousmane-dembele#:~:text=Dembele explained he was suffering,to rest for the day.

"Barcelona's training that morning began at 11 a.m. There was no sign of Dembele. The club tried to contact him. His phone was on silent. Eventually, 30 minutes later, club delegate Carles Naval got through to him, per Sport. Dembele explained he was suffering from gastroenteritis.

When a doctor called to his house half-an-hour later to assess him, the blinds on his house were drawn. Most of Dembele's friends were asleep in the house. The doctor couldn't detect anything wrong with Dembele and told him to rest for the day.

The worry is that Dembele is more interested in playing PlayStation than with Barca. As well as lacking professionalism off the pitch, he's displayed a brainlessness and lack of patience on the football side. "
Sancho pretty much went on strike to get his move to Dortmund.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Romano was saying before that he didn't want to leave and now he's saying he's refusing to extend his contract.

gorky_utd

If we are getting Dembele, then I hope we get a striker also because it is reasonable to assume he will be injured again. One injury to him and we are back with James as our only squad option. Barca will probably want to sell but loan with buy option is the only way to go. Also, what will it mean for future Sancho pursuit if we buy Dembele permanently?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we are getting Dembele, then I hope we get a striker also because it is reasonable to assume he will be injured again. One injury to him and we are back with James as our only squad option. Barca will probably want to sell but loan with buy option is the only way to go. Also, what will it mean for future Sancho pursuit if we buy Dembele permanently?
Still go ahead and sign Sancho next summer because we need competition for places. Dembele refusing a contract extension puts Barca under alot of pressure assuming Romano is correct.

Giggsy13

Thanks for proving my earlier point. A Barca backed paper taking a swipe at Dembele, how surprising. We know nothing of his attitude and if it was as piss poor as you think, I’m sure the French national team would have an issue selecting him as well yet he was on their World Cup squad over Martial. Barca want to shield themselves from criticism for paying a ridiculous fee for Dembele, so labelling the player as lazy with attitude problems is the easiest way to do it.

MalcolmTucker

Technical shortcomings???? What the hell am I reading? He would be the most technical player at the club. Also top 3 fastest with James and Rashford.
I've probably watched about 90% of his games for Barca and when I say technical shortcomings, I only mean relative to the Barca standard. Hence my referencing of Sanchez, who is obviously technically gifted but was still below par technically for Barcelona when he was there. Dembele has a loose touch and can often misplace simple passes - he's capable of amazing plays but he lacks fundamental consistency. A similar player in this regard is Rashford, who is also capable of great feats of skill but also capable of looking technically subpar, although I'd say Dembele's top and bottom levels are even more pronounced.

croadyman

His game is suited to the Premier league. However, I'd take him on loan first with the option of signing him permanently next season rather than signing him immediately due to his injury record.
Oh yeah it's quite clear that we are only looking for a loan first with option to buy if he can prove his fitness over the season

croadyman

Yeah worrying to see Sky suggesting it's one or the other when we quite clearly need both

Redcy

i don't understand how a loan deal helps Barca? 3m is peanuts in football, 6 weeks of Messi wages does not get them out of the shit

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not going to pretend like I know the lads personality- however history has proven that it's easy to feel isolated at a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid due to the strict styles, ideologies and decisions they play as a club.

I never thought of Dembele as a player worth the fee Barcelona has payed - however I do not think it's hard to believe that he can return to that Dortmund form he routinely played with at another club if given the patience and time to grow.

Whilst his mentality of leaving Dortmund wasn't the greatest - I didnt exactly hear about poor mentality during his playing time at Dortmund. I might be wrong; but on a loan I see it as a worthwhile gamble.

Theres even talks about transfer fee of 50 million; when you consider what that buys you these days (2/3rd of a player like Pepe); then I think it's still a worthwhile gamble. Its argued that James could leave for 12-20million aswell. That's coming from a person who isnt dembele's biggest fan.

If we can get Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Dembele and Sancho (next year if this happens) - that is a balanced world class front 5 fighting for 3 spots or even 4 at times if some can play CAM.

HowYouDoin

For the money thats being quoted he is a bargain.
My Barca supporting friend loves him absolutely loves him.
Talent wise he is perhaps even better than Sancho.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Dembele would be a disaster I reckon. Would come for the wrong reasons, little desire and a bad recent injury record.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What are the downsides?
:D

I just don't see this one ending well if we move for him. If you can't get on the pitch and you are not motivated, then you are not an asset. There's no signs that he actually is excited about coming here, for whatever reason.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He suits playing in a team that wants to transition play quickly which we want to do. His injuries are a worry but are they down to Barca bringing him back too soon which made the issue bigger than it should've been?

He's a very very talented player that I for one would love the club to bring in because if he can produce the form that he's capable of then he will get us closer to the likes of Liverpool and City.

KennyBurner

I've probably watched about 90% of his games for Barca and when I say technical shortcomings, I only mean relative to the Barca standard. Hence my referencing of Sanchez, who is obviously technically gifted but was still below par technically for Barcelona when he was there. Dembele has a loose touch and can often misplace simple passes - he's capable of amazing plays but he lacks fundamental consistency. A similar player in this regard is Rashford, who is also capable of great feats of skill but also capable of looking technically subpar, although I'd say Dembele's top and bottom levels are even more pronounced.
I’d agree with your comment if the Barcelona team you were referring too was during guardiola era but dembele wasn’t even playing football then. He might be very inconsistent but his technical ability is why Barcelona even paid over a 100million for him. I also don’t like the rashford comparison because rashford is more of a physical specimen than a technical one whereas dembele has great technique mixed in with speed.
It’s also another reason we are highly interested even though he has a terrible injury record.

Beaucoup

Dembele would be a disaster I reckon. Would come for the wrong reasons, little desire and a bad recent injury record.
I disagree, I always thought the move to Barcelona was wrong for his playing style. He would be coming to a club that's probably a little more relaxed off the field with a style of play to suit him and lots of players his own age, plus a couple of French internationals he probably already knows. If he can't make it work here I doubt he can anywhere else.

TheRedDevil2019

Thanks for proving my earlier point. A Barca backed paper taking a swipe at Dembele, how surprising. We know nothing of his attitude and if it was as piss poor as you think, I’m sure the French national team would have an issue selecting him as well yet he was on their World Cup squad over Martial. Barca want to shield themselves from criticism for paying a ridiculous fee for Dembele, so labelling the player as lazy with attitude problems is the easiest way to do it.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fra...-ousmane-dembele-must-improve-tardiness-habit

Deschamps on Dembele

"Ousmane has been with us for a while," Deschamps said in a news conference on Monday when asked about the player's toils at Camp Nou. "That's his usual trick to be late, although in his defense I'm sure he'll say: 'I'm not the only one.'

"Whether he's at a big club like Barcelona, with the French national team or somewhere else, he has to pay attention to that. It's part of the life and requirements of a professional footballer.

"He must improve to prevent it from becoming negative. These are situations that [have been] repeated. The sooner he understands that, the better for everyone."

Hardly a ringing endorsement of the guy. Everything about Dembele off the pitch says avoid like the plague. If he was to come in, head down, and put a shift in, then fair play I'll be chuffed to have him here. I just can't see it playing out like that.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
i don't understand how a loan deal helps Barca? 3m is peanuts in football, 6 weeks of Messi wages does not get them out of the shit
Barca have zero incentive to do a loan deal. That just leaves them with a player with one year left on his contract and whose playing time they couldn't control.

Further, they actually need him. For four attacking positions they have only Messi, Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, the terrible Braithwaite and then two 17-year-olds in Fati and Pedri plus a 20-year-old Trincao who has never played outside Portugal. If they sell Dembele they can use the money to buy reinforcements. But loaning him doesn't help as they have no money to bring in anybody else. In no world does it makes sense to loan Dembele, not receive enough money to buy another player, and therefore leave themselves that short in attack. They are playing a compressed schedule like everybody else.

Glorio

Skysports says it's a loan, which would be really sensible considering injury and form. You have Mason pushing him even when fit anyway, and after a year, go back in for Sancho.

Of course if Dembele turns into Ronaldo over the course of the year, it could make things interesting!

As has been said though, that doesn't really help Barca much. Probably helps them as much as it helps us to loan out Pereira

Status
Not open for further replies.