Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

Could work if it’s a loan with option to buy, that’s the only way we should entertain it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: This signing would upend all the narratives of United finally getting the right players and approaching transfers with the right strategy. He's basically Angel Di Maria plus Alexis Sanchez. Doesn't want to come and likely won't ever be fit.

Swiss_Red89

I would be very excited with this. I watched him alot during his time with Dortmund. He can be frustrating but certainly has the x factor, can produce the magic and is a threat for the opposite defence with his tremendous pace and dribbling ability. We would need him to stay focused and fit though. Maybe playing together with Martial and Pogba would be a +.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This could only happen to us...

The player has recently said he doesn’t want to come here. He also rejected us going to Dortmund. He’s very injury prone. If he’s forced to come here just to slash their wage bill then we’ve already got off to a bad start with a supposedly moody player but we are still aggressively trying to persuade him this late in the window? Just typical Ed stuff isn’t it?

I like his style but it’s just not the right signing for us right now. Maybe if we are getting Sancho and moving the likes of James on then I’d get him in. I like that he can play on either side and he’s a match winner when he’s fit but I wouldn’t like to be relying on him. Nobody gets stuck paying 300k and more a week to a players who don’t even want to be here quite like us! I hope we don’t make the same mistake again hiring players who only come here because they have no other choice and we were basically the only other ones that window who could afford their wages.
We don't have any option left. Sancho deal is stalling. I would rather prefer Dembele on loan than Brooks for 40m.

kirk buttercup

it's so funny people throwing the toys out of the pram saying if we sign him they are done or similar stuff. I do wonder if people watch other leagues ( and I mean watch them not google stats and scores) Before Sancho , Dembele was ripping it up at Dortmund hence why Barca bought him . He was the man . It hasn't worked for him at Barca with injury and Barca media scapegoating him ( btw for exactly the same things Sancho has been guilty of , if guilty is the right word . )

so Injury record yes this is a concern , but make no mistake this guy is a serious talent and maybe United would be the right fit . I want Sancho but this guy is also quality .

TrueRed79

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we went through with a loan deal for him. Therefore, i smell bs and theres no way this transfer will happen. Genuinely thought he'd be the next big thing but those injuries have ruined his early promise for me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Reminds me of the injury prone Dutch winger Bayern signed from Real Madrid in 2009. It's a good job we signed Obertan instead.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol: This signing would upend all the narratives of United finally getting the right players and approaching transfers with the right strategy.
Certainly has that feel off it. He’s not our first choice and we’re certainly not his. There are just no better options left. Maybe it’ll all fall into place and click somehow but it seems unlikely for all the reasons discussed above. And if it doesn’t work out we're left short on the right wing once again.

macheda14

If it’s a loan with an option to buy then that is incredible business. I’m sorry but we would potentially have an incredible player in our hands, and if not we he’s a very good squad option behind Greenwood and we go for Sancho next year. People are forgetting that for Dortmund and for a fair few games for Barcelona throughout the time he’s been there, not just at the beginning, he has been a sensational player.

beingshe7don

I for one will be very very excited with this signing.
Me too. I think Ousmane is being written off too early. He's still 23 and with folks like Pogba and Martial around him, I think he could hit the heights of Dortmund again. Ole will need to utilize him carefully though. I think we've got a good group of players who support each other. Anyone but seeing Daniel James feature for us. Was dreadful again against Brighton today.

Dominos

This along with his Ansu Fati nonsense means that Duncan Castles cannot be trusted at all now.
He's probably under instruction to get United fan traffic over to the Daily record website. Run a story that no one else is and you'll have thousands of desperate United fans flooding the website to see what the story is about, thereby getting lots of ad revenue.
Looks like Castles has sources after all!

Tel074

This potential transfer sums up Woodward and the parasites who own our club .
Flirt with Sancho for months refuse to meet the lower fee for him the time runs out on that and jump feet first into a transfer for a injury prone player who hasn't set the world alight in a team where most attackers thrive .

We will probably also sign Cavani on a free and it's like rewind to Di Maria and Falcao .
Pathetic from these Muppets again

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This better go through after I've spent all day convincing myself he's going to be a brilliant signing.

TrueRed79

Just avoid. Not worth a punt with that record. Last thing we need is a crocked player on high wages stinking up the place. He has a bad reputation as well. 100% not worth it.

Tel074

If it’s a loan with an option to buy then that is incredible business. I’m sorry but we would potentially have an incredible player in our hands, and if not we he’s a very good squad option behind Greenwood and we go for Sancho next year. People are forgetting that for Dortmund and for a fair few games for Barcelona throughout the time he’s been there, not just at the beginning, he has been a sensational player.

To mention sensational Dembele and his Barca career in the same sentence is really taking things to the extreme. He's been bang average and injury prone

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Phil Jones will accidentally fecking rip one of his hammies off and eat it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
One of them will happen. (In my opinion).
I hope so. It sounds like we may have enquired about Chiesa too but he doesn’t want to leave Italy. There aren’t too many quality options left on the market for us. Sancho is the one but I fear we’ve messed it up and are going down the list now. What’s after Dembele?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Me too. I think Ousmane is being written off too early. He's still 23 and with folks like Pogba and Martial around him, I think he could hit the heights of Dortmund again. Ole will need to utilize him carefully though. I think we've got a good group of players who support each other. Anyone but seeing Daniel James feature for us. Was dreadful again against Brighton today.
People on here wrote off Robben in 2009 so some of the comments don't surprise me.

But he's a player that if he can settle into team the then he has the potential to make a absolute mockery out of PL defenses.

Dante

Average bang
Just avoid. Not worth a punt with that record. Last thing we need is a crocked player on high wages stinking up the place. He has a bad reputation as well. 100% not worth it.
Repeated muscle injuries, and often in the same place... hmmm.

I'd prefer we didn't go down this route. His connective tissue seems to have the consistency of pulled pork. Some human bodies just aren't built to withstand the force of professional sport.

mu4c_20le

To mention sensational Dembele and his Barca career in the same sentence is really taking things to the extreme. He's been bang average and injury prone
Look at it this way, he is a 150m player. If not for his injuries we probably wouldn't even have a sniff of him. And apparently we are getting the chance to take a closer look at him before committing to buy. Besides Sancho, I can't see any other realistic name better than him.

macheda14

When he’s actually been fit he’s had a handful (admittedly not enough) very very good games for them. It’s just most of the time he’s been coming back from injury and then as soon as he looks good injured again. I’d just be interested what type of injuries and whether he was constantly rushed back.

As a player compared to Sancho I think he fits our predicament better. He can beat a standing deep positioned defender quite regularly, Sancho is part of a team that presses and breaks with immense pace, we can already do that as a team (the breaking part) but we have few players that can beat two men and send in a dangerous ball.

I would rather Sancho because I do think he is overall a better player and still has the ability to skin players, but skinning players is Dembele’s game.

Chief123

I would be very excited with this. I watched him alot during his time with Dortmund. He can be frustrating but certainly has the x factor, can produce the magic and is a threat for the opposite defence with his tremendous pace and dribbling ability. We would need him to stay focused and fit though. Maybe playing together with Martial and Pogba would be a +.
It would be exciting if we based it on his time with Dortmund. Sadly, that’s a long time ago now and he’s gone through a shit load of injuries in that time. We would not be getting “that” Dembele.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's a massive gamble as a permanent transfer but if we could sort a loan, find a regime that keeps him fit and get the other Frenchies to keep him in line, he's a potential superstar. It's wildly optimistic to assume we'll get each of those aspects to work in our favour but it wouldn't be the first time we'd found an 'enfant terrible' and given them the platform to maximize their potential.

He's hugely gifted.

macheda14

It would be exciting if we based it on his time with Dortmund. Sadly, that’s a long time ago now and he’s gone through a shit load of injuries in that time. We would not be getting “that” Dembele.
If we are missing out on Sancho, would you rather Sarr or Perisic on loan or Dembele?

SinNombre

Both Liverpool and Juventus wanted him on loan earlier in the summer.

Are they not serious clubs?

Agree that we should not be buying him outright but a loan is a worthwhile risk.

Chief123

Why are people so against Dembele on a loan? Have they forgotten what he can do?
I’ve watched both Dembele and Sancho play many times.

If I am truly honest, Dembele at his best has been better than Sancho at his best from what I’ve seen. Dembele at Dortmund was fantastic. BUT it’s a high risk and wishful thinking to imagine we are going to get that same player. He was so explosive and electric but the number of muscular leg injuries he’s picked up will surely affect his explosive nature.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Agree that we should not be buying him outright but a loan is a worthwhile risk.
It’s the type of gamble Liverpool and Juve can afford to take right now. We find ourselves in a considerably more desperate situation.

TrueRed79

Fine, those two teams are in a position of strength. Champions of their leagues and able to make mistakes in transfers imo. He's a fantastic player and normally i'd be all for it. But did you not see his list of injuries? I mean, if that doesn't raise alarm bells then i don't know what to say. Let another team fix him and see if he has a consistent season first.

Flytan

Do you see the problem between your first and second sentence?

If he carried on his current rate of injury, James and Lingard would be exactly what you'd be getting in your scenario.

A more explosive league with more aggression gives a greater chance his muscles breakdown.
I'll take a 3% chance of not seeing them though

Mainoldo

It’s the type of gamble Liverpool and Juve can afford to take right now. We find ourselves in a considerably more desperate situation.
Why? If Liverpool can make the gamble why can’t we? As we aren’t league champions?

Status
Not open for further replies.