Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think you are misconstruing my term for laziness as I do not limit it to a physical application. I said it's his approach to training, and one does not need to be "more professional" than the baseline to simply turn up on time for example. Repeatedly taking a piss shows a lackadaisical approach.

Sure no one used the term "lazy". They just pointed to his attitude in podcasts unimpressing team mates, and then teammates himself saying he needs more professionalism. You can insinuate from that what you will but combine that with how he likes to turn up late repeatedly for training, I dont think its a far jump to conclude the approach is a laid back or "lazy" one.

My overarching point being, this is just one of many reasons we should avoid such a player. The other more important ones being, he doesnt want to come here and can't seem to stay fit.
Laziness isn't your term though and it has a meaning which doesn't apply here. You could simply use the appropriate terms such as immaturity or even lack of professionalism but laziness has a different meaning, someone that works hard when he is at work which is 99% of the time and that is according to the same Messi working on fixing the mistake that he made, isn't lazy. He has faults but laziness isn't one of them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Laziness isn't your term though and it has a meaning which doesn't apply here. You could simply use the appropriate terms such as immaturity or even lack of professionalism but laziness has a different meaning, someone that works hard when he is at work which is 99% of the time and that is according to the same Messi working on fixing the mistake that he made, isn't lazy. He has faults but laziness isn't one of them.
Of course it doesn't have a different meaning. Laziness isn't limited to physical application. If you can't be bothered to turn up to work on time, your approach to the task at hand is can be deemed as lazy one. You seem to be set on a very niche and trivial aspect of the debate here.

marc1_007

Of course it doesn't have a different meaning. Laziness isn't limited to physical application. If you can't be bothered to turn up to work on time, your approach to the task at hand is can be deemed as lazy one. You seem to be set on a very niche and trivial aspect of the debate here.
Since Sancho does not turn up to work on time as well and has even admitted that he is unprofessional sometimes, would you say he is lazy as well? and that we should not buy him.
Be consistent, if you don't want Dembele, then let injuries be the reason, because if you bring up laziness and unprofessionalism then we should not get Sancho either because there have been multiple reports of him turning up late to training, even being dropped for the game against Barcelona because he turned up to training late.

JPRouve

Scout
No, I'm not talking about physical application. Having missteps doesn't make you lazy, it makes you fallible being lazy means that someone doesn't want to work and rarely apply themselves. Now of course if you think that making mistakes from time to time means that you are lazy then fair enough.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If we end up signing Cavani on a big, long term deal with a fat agent fee, why not just buy Dembele? It's not like Cavani's knees have been great in recent seasons and he's 33. At least Dembele has age on his side!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If we end up signing Cavani on a big, long term deal with a fat agent fee, why not just buy Dembele? It's not like Cavani's knees have been great in recent seasons and he's 33. At least Dembele has age on his side!
I hope I'm wrong on this, but I feel Cavani would spend more time than Dembele with the medical staff, but getting the two of them would be a great combo when they actually make it to the field. Cavani would feast on Dembele's delivery from crosses.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No, I'm not talking about physical application. Having missteps doesn't make you lazy, it makes you fallible being lazy means that someone doesn't want to work and rarely apply themselves. Now of course if you think that making mistakes from time to time means that you are lazy then fair enough.
Laziness isn't limited to physical application, and it's not just missteps from time to time , it's his entire approach which is lazy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Since Sancho does not turn up to work on time as well and has even admitted that he is unprofessional sometimes, would you say he is lazy as well? and that we should not buy him.
Be consistent, if you don't want Dembele, then let injuries be the reason, because if you bring up laziness and unprofessionalism then we should not get Sancho either because there have been multiple reports of him turning up late to training, even being dropped for the game against Barcelona because he turned up to training late.
Yes, Sancho also has issues with professionalism at times. But he wants to come here and can stay fit.

I am being consistent. I never called Sancho some model professional before.

JPRouve

Scout
Laziness isn't limited to physical application, and it's not just missteps from time to time , it's his entire approach which is lazy.
No one talked about physical application outside of yourself, which is making the whole thing tedious.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one talked about physical application outside of yourself, which is making the whole thing tedious.
I'm making it tedious? You seem to be offended that I used the term lazy to explain a players approach to training, suggesting 1) it's limited to physical application, which it isn't and 2) that it debating as such negates my overarching point, which again it doesnt.

I honestly am so baffled why you have an issue with me concluding a player is having a lazy approach when he constantly joking around and raising eyebrows from teammates whilst also turning up late. You could have just said "yeah I'd think it's unprofessional but his physical application must be fine", but instead of agreeing to disagree you've taken my overarching point on a merry tangent. I honestly don't know why it feels like you come across offended on the issue.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm making it tedious? You seem to be offended that I used the term lazy to explain a players approach to training, suggesting 1) it's limited to physical application, which it isn't and 2) that it debating as such negates my overarching point, which again it doesnt.

I honestly am so baffled why you have an issue with me concluding a player is having a lazy approach when he constantly joking around and raising eyebrows from teammates whilst also turning up late. You could have just said "yeah I'd think it's unprofessional but his physical application must be fine", but instead of agreeing to disagree you've taken my overarching point on a merry tangent. I honestly don't know why it feels like you come across offended on the issue.
Since you missed it the previous time, fair enough.

Tony247

Woodward is a magician afterall. See, Dembele deal now sounds so much better than just few hours ago.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Woodward is a magician afterall. See, Dembele deal now sounds so much better than just few hours ago.
The deal will look fantastic once United fail to sign a right winger again and the money supposed to make this sign happen ends up on the Glazer's bank account.

DarkXaero

Not comfortable with giving him a long term contract on top of a large transfer fee. Loan with option to buy is the way it should be.

Red00012

He can feck off loan with option to buy next season should be the offer.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Everyone is saying loan with option to buy, but why would Barca agree to that?

Barca either want to remove him from the wage bill entirely, or you might as well keep him and hope he turns it around.

There’s zero benefit for Barca in a loan with option to buy.

Redcy

Tell them to push off £65m, can’t get a game, played less than 30% of games in 2 years, leave it there. Ask perisic

Redcy

Barca either want to remove him from the wage bill entirely, or you might as well keep him and hope he turns it around.

Quite but people will believe any bs right now

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Same reason they loaned Coutinho

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think he might be a good singing. 40-50m should be a good deal imo if a loan isn't on the cards.

starman

Of course there's benefit, but its just not guaranteed, if he does well on loan there will be more suitors, where as right now no one will touch him for a permanent transfer and Barca could eventually end up with nothing if he runs down his contract.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

What if it is an obligation to buy? Then we can push the spending to next season and Barca also get him off the wage bill.

To be honest, if we can get him for 40-50m, i wouldn't mind this transfer at all. He is still young and can turn around his career. His potential is insane.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What if it is an obligation to buy? Then we can push the spending to next season and Barca also get him off the wage bill.

To be honest, if we can get him for 40-50m, i wouldn't mind this transfer at all. He is still young and can turn around his career. His potential is insane.
If you're talking about his potential to share a hospital bed with Phil Jones, yeah.

louvega

dembele has 2 years left of contract, barcelona won't loan him because then he'll let his contract run out next season and leave for free

either he's sold or he stays

Marcus

I want him as a loan signing. My theory is that football will go to pot with no fans and the parent club will likely have to sell at a lower fee at that juncture. And the player would be familiar with the club and push for a move if the loan spell worked out.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I like the idea of him coming in and linking up with Pogba and Martial. I think he could find his feet here among a few colleagues, and if he settles, 45-50 million on deadline day (I am sure Barca will take what they can get to buy Depay) could end up being fantastic business.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If you're talking about his potential to share a hospital bed with Phil Jones, yeah.
Not sure if you are serious. Players do suffer injury you know. Not every player is Phil Jones. Don't you think Dembele isn't insanely talented?

Loan with obligation to buy for 40-50m is too good a deal to pass even if we get Sancho. We need options and too many of our players have no competition for their position.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Firstly you get his high wages off the books. Secondly at the moment his value is low. Not even we’re stupid enough (at the moment...may change Monday) to pay a fee for him after his recent injury record. Loan him out there’s a chance he performs well and his value increases. That isn’t happening if he’s sitting on your bench.

louvega

Firstly you get his high wages off the books. Secondly at the moment his value is low. Not even we’re stupid enough (at the moment...may change Monday) to pay a fee for him after his recent injury record. Loan him out there’s a chance he performs well and his value increases. That isn’t happening if he’s sitting on your bench.
dembele has 2 years left in his contract, if he's loaned out this season he'll wait and leave for free once his contract ends and barcelona will get nothing

Scholsey2004

I don't think it's standard practice in most modern hospitals for the patients to actually share a bed, no matter how closely matching their injuries are.

Status
Not open for further replies.