Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
His ceiling is higher. He is on Neymar's level, and could've been better if not for the injuries. Completely two footed and makes the game look easy.
It may have been at a time, its certainly not now.

What? Are you sure about that? Demebele was rated highly just like Sancho when he was at BVB. Barca have ruined him, it was the wrong move.
How has Barca ruined him, he has failed to turn up to training and fecked about in his time there. Again why do Barca look so keen to get rid of him if they are having a rebuild.

Sancho last 2 seasons have been phenomenal, even at Dortmund Dembele's best season got him 6 goals in 32 games, Sancho got 17 in 32 last season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
For 45m he is absolutely no brainer. We have spent 52m on Fred for context.
A no brainier? This place is mad! He played 8 games last season. Has been in decline for 3 years. Has rumoured attitude issues and massive injury problems. He’s currently getting zero game time. He has a chance to move to us on loan where he will play, get his career back on track and earn a big move next year. However, apparently he’s INSISTING on a long term permanent contract. To me that tells me he could just be after his next pay day. There are huge red flags all over this. Loan deal and it’s worth a punt - we may end up with an absolute bargain. We shouldn’t be even contemplating putting 50m and a huge 5 year contract on the table. Anyone who does that has lost semblance of reality. Over to you Ed...

kps88

If he has such a bad attitude why would he want a permanent move ?

That suggests to me he is looking to make a fresh start
The other way of looking at it is he feels he's beneath a loan move or he's worried about his career if the move goes bad. Now's his chance to get a big move. If he moves on loan and spends most of that injured, that's his chance gone.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Other than how inept we've been with th whole Sancho deal, it's clear that we never had a backup plan of any worth at all. Going for players like Dembele who were always unlikely has been our alternative. Haphazard stuff.
Indeed.

RUCK4444

It’s like buying a car with no MOT, Tax or service history, in fact the car has been a non-runner for the past 2-3 years.

No thanks.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
A no brainier? This place is mad! He played 8 games last season. Has been in decline for 3 years. Has rumoured attitude issues and massive injury problems. He’s currently getting zero game time. He has a chance to move to us on loan where he will play, get his career back on track and earn a big move next year. However, apparently he’s INSISTING on a long term permanent contract. To me that tells me he could just be after his next pay day. There are huge red flags all over this. Loan deal and it’s worth a punt - we may end up with an absolute bargain. We shouldn’t be even contemplating putting 50m and a huge 5 year contract on the table. Anyone who does that has lost semblance of reality. Over to you Ed...
He played 8 games because he was injured. There are lot of article which mention Dembele injury is because of Barca training methods and how he is struggling to cope with it.

News flash for you, even in his "supposed" ( 22 year old by the way) decline, he will be the best right winger at our club and that too by a mile.

City bought Gundogan who had bigger injury problems. Liverpool bought Thiago who had injury problems. He is 22. Lot of time to improve to everyother aspect. For 45m , he is no brainer

Delano

Why wouldn't we offer a loan fee with an option to buy like everyone else in Europe does? Barca get a player off the books to get Depay, we get a potentially great player which we'd easily pay for 65million for if he stays fit. Or, we send him back if he sits in the treatment room.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He played 8 games because he was injured. There are lot of article which mention Dembele injury is because of Barca training methods and how he is struggling to cope with it.

News flash for you, even in his "supposed" ( 22 year old by the way) decline, he will be the best right winger at our club and that too by a mile.

City bought Gundogan who had bigger injury problems. Liverpool bought Thiago who had injury problems. He is 22. Lot of time to improve to everyother aspect. For 45m , he is no brainer
He is 23 :lol: .

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

News flash for you, even in his decline, he will be the best right winger at our club and that too by a mile.

From a Barca forum member

WTF are you talking about? He lived unhealthy life while playing PS all day long. He fecking fired cook that was provided by Barca. Numerous of times he was late for training. He didn't stretch properly before games and it's not his fault??? His situation is 100% his fault and he deserves to be criticized! To be fair I can't remember a dumber Barca player. He got gazillion chances and he NEVER delivered. This dude is so dumb and irresponsible that he couldn't learn a word of Spanish for 3 fecking years! I was his big supporter but I am done with him. This is our last chance to sell and if there is a possibility we should do it. In the end if he wasn't paid 140 mil there is no way he would still be here.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When was the last time a players injury record got better at our club? Serious question.
Maybe RvP? My memory is hazy but I don’t remember him being injury prone under van Gaal. I vaguely remember him faking it a bit at the end under Moyes and then suddenly recovering when Giggs was made player manager.

acrebo

It might be an ugly way to play. It might not win us any plaudits. However, just tell De Gea to kick it long. Bailly trying to pass short across the box for Spurs' third goal. Why? Why do we insist on trying to be Barcelona 2011 with Man Utd 2020 players? De Gea shouldn't be going short to our defenders. They can't cope with the ball to feet. Lamp it down field and win the second ball.
I agree, but then we're lumping it down field to 3 players, in Greenwood, Martial and Rashford, who are quite possibly the worst aerially in the league. Rashford doesn't even attempt to challenge for balls in the air most of the time.

I know we're off topic.... but this just comes back to the fact that we are STILL not playing with any suggestion of identity or long term progression. As poor as it is that we're not getting the players in that we need, the squad Ole's got would be much better with some structured coaching and focus on key weaknesses.

How has Barca ruined him, he has failed to turn up to training and fecked about in his time there. Again why do Barca look so keen to get rid of him if they are having a rebuild.

Sancho last 2 seasons have been phenomenal, even at Dortmund Dembele's best season got him 6 goals in 32 games, Sancho got 17 in 32 last season.
Their poor training methods have been well documented, he never had such injury problems till he arrived at Barca. Barca wanting rid doesnt mean much as even Messi wanted to leave in summer.

djdhrubs

Who's that Dutch fitness expert who was always criticising our handling of Van Persie? Surely he has something to say about this?!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To counter said Barca forum member, how many Barcelona signings have been successful in the past 5 years or so? They’re a bit of a structural and cultural mess; signing profiles and wage structures that aren’t proportionate — not dissimilar to us.

Still, there is clearly fault on both side, which is exactly why the player needs a fresh environment. He’s young enough to start over.

kirk buttercup

dont think this is happening either. We want a loan he wants a permanent when really we want Sancho on a permanent. it's a mess . We will end up with VdB , Telles and Cavani

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I agree.
Not to mention that he wasn't keen on a move until Barca froze him out. Loan with an option to buy is a good deal IMO but we should not buy him outright.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I remember him playing for Dortmund and he was absolutely sensational. Then he went to Barca and everything went downhill.

There are actual articles which documents his struggle to cope with Barcelona training methods. I have no other way of knowing who is speaking truth here but he is young and we paid 20m for Daniel James of all people. Surely 45m for Dembele is better definition of a "punt" than buying championship winger who can run fast

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Their poor training methods have been well documented, he never had such injury problems till he arrived at Barca. Barca wanting rid doesnt mean much as even Messi wanted to leave in summer.
Your confusing a team wanting to sell a player, and a player wanting to leave a club, Barca most certainly never wanted to move Messi on.

I don't buy "poor training methods", the rest of Barca's team are hardly crocks. For every article on training methods, there are articles questioning Dembele's diet, attitude and more concerned with playing Fifa than playing real football.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I agree, but then we're lumping it down field to 3 players, in Greenwood, Martial and Rashford, who are quite possibly the worst aerially in the league. Rashford doesn't even attempt to challenge for balls in the air most of the time.

I know we're off topic.... but this just comes back to the fact that we are STILL not playing with any suggestion of identity or long term progression. As poor as it is that we're not getting the players in that we need, the squad Ole's got would be much better with some structured coaching and focus on key weaknesses.
No, we are playing with an identity it just only suits the front players you spoke of.

We've got two big lads in centre midfield, Matic and Pogba. Push them forward at goal kicks and play off them to win the second ball.

Once the ball is on the ground we're not bad at chasing it down in advanced areas. Most of the sides we play are as bad, if not worse, than us playing out from the back. So playing the percentages is actually a good idea. We're actually very efficient when it comes to turnovers near the opposition box so why not try to play there.

All we do when we try and work it out from the back is give opposition teams the chance to close us down. As soon as the ball goes to one of our defenders its a pressing trigger, Wan-Bissaka is the worst but they're all pretty miserable when pressed.

Matic and Pogba have the size to contest most aerial balls and Bruno buzzes around enough that he should win quite a lot of second balls in those instances. It'd make more sense asking our defenders to do that than expecting them to become Rio Ferdinand.

With players like Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and, if he comes, Dembele the flick on from midfield could become a potent weapon.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Oh he was injured? Ah that’s alright then. Missed games don’t count when you’re injured. My mistake. I thought the whole purpose of a footballer was to play sodding football.

Newsflash: He’s 23 and he won’t be the best right winger at the club if he isn’t able to play. That’s the whole point! And here’s another newsflash - Mason Greenwood scored more goals last season from the RW at 18 than Dembele has ever managed in a season. “Miles ahead” indeed.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Lock the thread. Its over.

reelworld

I remember him playing for Dortmund and he was absolutely sensational. Then he went to Barca and everything went downhill.

There are actual articles which documents his struggle to cope with Barcelona training methods. I have no other way of knowing who is speaking truth here but he is young and we paid 20m for Daniel James of all people. Surely 45m for Dembele is better definition of a "punt" than buying championship winger who can run fast
James and Dembele have vastly different wages though. James still generate interest because he's not paid that much, Dembele will be on massive wage and will be hard to move if he doesn't work out

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're good to stick to our guns on a loan.

If he was motivated he'd want the chance to prove himself in that year and earn the long term contract.

Godfather

Lock the thread. Its over.
Another one bites the dust. Another season of Dan James and Mata as our backup options for the right wing. That's good enough for a midtable team at best. feck this club and board

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From Yesterday morning in the article Hirst and Castles did on Cavani.
It seems like the £65m figure is coming from Castles because he's only employed for the Sunday slot. Doesn't mean he's wrong but it wouldn't surprise me either way mate.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would not mind throwing a „take it or leave it“ offer at Barca 2 hours before the window closes of something like 40 Mio.
Barca seem more desperate than Dortmund and they are not planning with Dembele anyway.

cyberman

This is why CL never meant much to me last year. All we are told is we need the money for transfers, we need top 4 to attract the players of the calibre we need. CL isnt a necessity if we arent contenders to win it.
Top 4 twice in last 3 years. Fred, Lukaku and VDB in. All players we could have got in EL anyway.
Hell we signed Ibra, Pogba and Bruno when we were in EL. Maguire and AWB as well.
Its all horseshit.
Top 4 means feck all to us

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
In this world of twitter and "online journalists" do you really know the truth in anything? 90% of the bullshit all us football fans read is simply bollocks used to make them money.
No, I'm pretty confident Manchester United are shambolic in the transfer window truth be told. In fact I am certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.