Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a talented kid, but I'd be wary of an obligation to buy given his fitness troubles.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Exciting player to watch. Is he set to miss the start of the new season with his current injury?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's a talented kid, but I'd be wary of an obligation to buy given his fitness troubles.
Yeah, obligation would be a bit much. I doubt they would do an obligation - unless it's a very reasonable fee, considering they don't want him and he's injury prone.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
At this point its maybe a bit delusional, but I still think he would be a good punt for a top club, that is looking for a winger. Barca will only ever get loan+option offers and I don't think he has much of a future over there. The potential upside of such a deal is huge, while the risk is manageable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only player i'd really consider a good alternative to Sancho.

Back at Rennes and Dortmund he was playing so so good, but the injuries haven't been good for him. I'm not sure the way Barca plays really suits him either.

I suspect this is just a negotiation tactic to flex Dortmund a little, but I still would be happy if we got him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Exciting player to watch. Is he set to miss the start of the new season with his current injury?
I think that he is back, the rumour is that he will be in Lisbon with the rest of the team.

Kostov

Loan with an option to buy him for 50m euros and I would take him. Otherwise feck Barca, feck Dortmund, play Greenwood and go and buy a proper CDM, Grealish and a starting CB to partner Maguire.

croadyman

Back at Rennes and Dortmund he was playing so so good, but the injuries haven't been good for him. I'm not sure the way Barca plays really suits him either.

I suspect this is just a negotiation tactic to flex Dortmund a little, but I still would be happy if we got him.
Obviously Sancho is always going to be my first choice but I am not completely averse to Dembele despite the injury issues and the way he left Dortmund a few years back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’d be the perfect alternative, especially if the loan is with an option, not an obligation. Worst case then, we can go back for Sancho next summer if we wish to.

croadyman

Loan with an option to buy him for 50m euros and I would take him. Otherwise feck Barca, feck Dortmund, play Greenwood and go and buy a proper CDM, Grealish and a starting CB to partner Maguire.
I am certain the CDM situation will be monitored over the next season. If McTominay doesn't work out in the role then expect this to be top priority next summer.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I think that he is back, the rumour is that he will be in Lisbon with the rest of the team.
Interesting. If he gets a decent pre-season under his belt (or as good as can be during these times), and is ready to be eased back in when the season starts, the inner muppet in me would be delighted with a loan deal and option to buy. Does feel like low risk and high reward.

croadyman

He’d be the perfect alternative, especially if the loan is with an option, not an obligation. Worst case then, we can go back for Sancho next summer if we wish to.
Do we know if the loan with obligation to buy option is actually on the table for him at all or is that just a rumour

KennyBurner

I would Definitely take a loan option with an obligation to buy or just a loan. Feck Dortmund and their 120 million fee. Nobody will pay it even next year I guarantee you.

also for the record an injury free Dembele is on par with Sancho if not even better because of his pace. He is also a natural right winger. I don’t know why there are comments insinuating he isn’t good enough?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do we know if the loan with obligation to buy option is actually on the table for him at all or is that just a rumour
I doubt anything is on the table at all at this stage, merely a consideration as we pursue our primary target.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I would Definitely take a loan option with an obligation to buy or just a loan. Feck Dortmund and their 120 million fee. Nobody will pay it even next year I guarantee you.

also for the record an injury free Dembele is on par with Sancho if not even better because of his pace. He is also a natural right winger. I don’t know why there are comments insinuating he isn’t good enough?
Of course, at full health, he’s plenty good enough.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was a huge fan of Dembele when he was at Rennes and later at Dortmund. I was more excited with his potential then than I am now with Sancho if I'm honest.

Not sure what went wrong at Barca but I'd be very happy if we signed him because he would cause havoc on the right flank for the opposition.

Irrational.

100% this. I'm a big fan of Dembele and I think he'd be perfect in our system and the next best thing after Sancho.

BvB can go feck themselves with their ridiculous €120 million valuation. No player in the current climate bar Mbappe maybe is worth that much.

croadyman

I'd actually even take him over Sancho if (and that's a big if) he wasn't always injured.
Yeah there is no doubt he would be a class signing if over his injury issues. Would also definitely enjoying playing alongside his countrymen

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Didn't know Uniteds Esports team needed reinforcement.

Clermontois

Supports
France

100% this. I'm a big fan of Dembele and I think he'd be perfect in our system and the next best thing after Sancho.

BvB can go feck themselves with their ridiculous €120 million valuation. No player in the current climate bar Mbappe maybe is worth that much.
They must be crazy with that demand, as a club I hope we have learned to stand firm. Going forward it will only make negotiations easier as clubs know we will walk away like City if they try to stick us.

I would actually prefer Dembele all day as he is more explosive and skillfull if he can stay fit.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People who wanting him over Sancho ? Really? This guy has pretty much missed the season for Barca this year. It wasn't any better last season. He just can't stay fit. It would be one of the worst signing we can ever make.

So we give money to Barca so that they can buy Sancho or better players.

Feck it - I will stick with Mason and James until we get the right option. Just upgrade our right back who can contribute more.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would love him here if we can't sign Sancho. If he can stay fit, the boy is dynamite.

Kostov

I am certain the CDM situation will be monitored over the next season. If McTominay doesn't work out in the role then expect this to be top priority next summer.
I can understand me and you and any regular jack to still believe that Scott can deputize at CDM, but if the club actually believe that he can replace Matic than I am worried. Scott is no CDM imo and never will, we must bring someone this summer if we are willing to have a good season.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Better him than Bale i guess. We should never ever take Madrid's problem off while he's there
Even a better risk than Coman in my opinion. Dembele would be so unpredictable for defenders. Coman is a tad bit more predictable in the way he plays.

Houdini

Not another injury prone player. We should go for Sancho now or never. I think we don't have a chance next year so if Sancho is not going to happen this summer we should look for another permanent transfer or just pay that fecking 80mil for Gralish + a decent DM and CB.

MiceOnMeth

I'd sign Sancho at all costs and if Dembele can be got for 30 mil I'd get him too! Sell Lingard and Pereira and we'd be looking tickity boo up front with Martial Greenwood Rashford Sancho and Ousmane :)

Darlington Padgett

I'd rather play Chong than pay for a player that can't last 25 minutes in a game before getting injured.

The Purley King

What exactly are his injury concerns?
The times I've seen him play he looks decent and occasionally outstanding. Worth a punt on loan + option to buy as long as the price we buy him for isn't more than £50m.
We don't need another sick note though, hence my question about his injuries.

Toni Roncoroni

I hope this one will not happen. Ask Dortmund how he was at the end there. And living, training and playing with the attitude he showed after completing his "dream" move to Barcelona: Thanks, but no thanks.
He is an immense talent but I think it is a risk not worth gambling on. After getting out a few of the players who didn't have the spirit or the DNA to play for United I don't see the why we should go in for him.

Womp

idiot
If we could get a tune out of him, we would have some player. He probably doesn't know what his stronger foot is and his dribbling skill is something else. Injury and professionalism concerns are valid though. Probably as good as secondary option we could get to Sancho though. I would be on board with this if the staff think we can get him tuned in.

Darlington Padgett

What exactly are his injury concerns?
The times I've seen him play he looks decent and occasionally outstanding. Worth a punt on loan + option to buy as long as the price we buy him for isn't more than £50m.
We don't need another sick note though, hence my question about his injuries.
He missed 80 games in the last 3 seasons, over 500 days injured.

SwedishFish

All the Sancho alternatives we've been linked with Dembele and Coman are too injury prone to have any real impact.

If this is the option, we're better off signing no one at RW and improve other positions.

LonelyFire

I don’t think there is any chance we are interested in Dembele. I do, however, think it’s entirely probable his agent/Barca have offered him about to plenty of clubs in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.