Park Ji Sung

Kaos

Aye, I think he's getting a harsh treatment. He hadn't started a game in 3 months and he's suddenly expected to take on the likes of Toure, Silva and Nasri in the most important game of the season. SAF got it completely wrong I'm afraid to say.

AKDevil

Appreciate the above two points but, personally, am discussing Park the player rather than the decision to play him.
Also, again personally, that performance was pretty much how he has been playing for ages so the lack of previous action made very little difference in my eyes.

gza the genius

Aye, I think he's getting a harsh treatment. He hadn't started a game in 3 months and he's suddenly expected to take on the likes of Toure, Silva and Nasri in the most important game of the season. SAF got it completely wrong I'm afraid to say.
Sir Alex was definitely wrong to include him, and therefore should take some of the blame, but Park is the one that played as bad as he did. Quite frankly, he hasn't played well once this season that I can recall and him playing as bad as he did should have been expected.

I'm not saying he's done. Who knows, he could come out and have a great season next year, but I think thats unlikely.

davisjw

And to be fair to Park, everyone else on the pitch bounced off Toure, allowed Nasri to roam out wide alone, and let Silva run the park. Everyone is making it out like Park lost us the game and everyone else played stellar. The whole midfield was embarrassing.

AKDevil

And to be fair to Park, everyone else on the pitch bounced off Toure, allowed Nasri to roam out wide alone, and let Silva run the park. Everyone is making it out like Park lost us the game and everyone else played stellar. The whole midfield was embarrassing.
Disagree. This is the Park thread so we are discussing Park performance.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If you're judging Park just on the performance of Monday then you're an idiot. If you're judging him on the performances over a sustained period of 12 months then it's fine.

Cina

The problem is that he's very rarely given a sustained number of appearances anymore. Not with Young here.

prateik

No. Its on twitter.. apparently odds have been slashed as well.
If its true, it'll be reported soon enough.

I like him. Been great for us. Squad players are often under-appreciated. Many other good sides lag behind because they dont have good enough backups.

He wasnt a first choice for us, but almost always did well (poor last season though) when called upon. Had some big games for us too.

If he is leaving, then hope he gets a big fat contract and a good club. He deserves it.

Revan

Assumptionman
Utd accept £5m bid from QPR? Can anyone confirm this?
fecking hell, if this would be true would be fantastic. It's about the same money we bought him. And when you consider how good he was and what a servant he was to our club, then his transfer is really one of the best we made in last years.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
A lad on a QPR forum said

''Cannot say who told me ,but apparently a deal has been offered to Ji Sung Park,and it is up to him to accept or to turn down.The club have already made offers to 4-5 players and will wait on their replies.The club want to agree deals asap and have a great pre-season.They expect perhaps 3 to happen.''

JakeC

It's doing the rounds on twitter too.

Hellboy

I have a feeling that he will reject their contract. He was awful last season, but he deserves better than QPR in fairness.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Apparently he is offski to QPR for £5m...take it as a pinch of salt as the rumours are from Twatter!

Cina

£5m? That would be generous.

Be a bit sad to see him go to a club like QPR though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Would be a good deal for the two teams although I think Park could get a better club than QPR.

Cina

I bet if Steve Bruce was still at Sunderland he would buy him.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Does the fact that he's played in midfield a lot of the time over the last two years mean that we're losing another midfielder or is he still considered a wide player?

Cina

Does the fact that he's played in midfield a lot of the time over the last two years mean that we're losing another midfielder or is he still considered a wide player?
The fact that we were using him in our midfield shows how poor it is so if anything it's just an incentive to go and improve the fecking thing. I most definitely do not see him as a 'loss' to the midfield, because whenever I saw his name on the teamsheet there it made me worry.

Harsh maybe, but Park at his best was always a winger, not a midfielder.

99 red balloons

If he does leave (for free, let alone £5m!) despite a questionable season last year, he has been truly exceptional value for money.

And I'll miss him. Properly nice fella too.

And with Sheasy and Brown leaving last summer, that'll be another great song heading out the door! :(

JakeC

If he does leave (for free, let alone £5m!) despite a questionable season last year, he has been truly exceptional value for money.

And with Sheasy and Brown out the door last summer, that'll be another great song heading out the door! :(
I'll miss him if he does go, terrific servent to the club and a very under rated player.

3 lung park, best of luck if you do leave.

Cina

We should get him to teach Shinji English before he goes, then his work will be complete.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He always did his best; that's how I'll remember him. Wish him every success.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
By the end of it, he lacked a role in the squad so it makes sense.

But can't forget what a terrific job he has done over the years.

Hellboy

And with Sheasy and Brown leaving last summer, that'll be another great song heading out the door! :(
The fans will still sing his name. :drool:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Park is on 60-70k at United, if QPR offers him wages near that he might accept. Honestly with the new squad limit rules there is no place for him at United and at QPR he would be the main man probably. Fantastic servant for the club but age catches everyone and he can't do the same job Fergie has come to expect from him anymore.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Park Park wherever you may be.... PLEASE feckING SIGN FOR QPR.

Joking, I love this guy and he has loved playing for us every minute of his career. Big game player, thank you for your services park and I wish you a good career at QPR.

Varun

Staff
Will be very surprised if we can get 5mil for him. Will be a bit sad to see him go but its an end of the road for him here really. Dont see him featuring much and it'l be better for him to get regular football. Can surely do better than QPR though.

Unam333

People are talking like he already left the club. It's Twitter and nothing has been confirmed yet. I rather see Anderson leave than Park to be honest, but that's me.