Park Ji Sung

Unam333

Why?

Let go of a CM when we're already thin in the area? Where and how often do you see Park featuring this year?
Yes, letting go a CM who's injured prone, involved in car accidents, wished to leave the club in the past and showed little improvement in the last few years.

We don't know what will happen next season, it's possible Cleverley will continue being injury prone, Kagawa having an absolute stinker in his first season, Powell's too inexperienced and us signing a new midfielder is far from certain. Park's a versatile and good player, we can need his experience, maybe even help Kagawa adapt to his new environment.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
£5million is a great deal for both parties. He could probably do better than QPR but if he goes there he'll be a senior member of the team and will be guaranteed starts, so it could be a good both for him. Plus with their recent spending they'll have no issue paying him a good wage.

He needs to leave really, there isn't much use for him in this team anymore, especially if we sign another centre mid. Frees up a squad place as well.

Varun

Staff
Yes, letting go a CM who's injured prone, involved in car accidents, wished to leave the club in the past and showed little improvement in the last few years.

We don't know what will happen next season, it's possible Cleverley will continue being injury prone, Kagawa having an absolute stinker in his first season, Powell's too inexperienced and us signing a new midfielder is far from certain. Park's a versatile and good player, we can need his experience, maybe even help Kagawa adapt to his new environment.
Involved in car accidents :lol:

Anyways, if we dont get a CM in, it'd be stupid to let go of one even if he's injury prone.

Regarding Park, judging from what you're writing, you see him as a CM option, dont you?

stubie

£5million is a great deal for both parties. He could probably do better than QPR but if he goes there he'll be a senior member of the team and will be guaranteed starts, so it could be a good both for him. Plus with their recent spending they'll have no issue paying him a good wage.

He needs to leave really, there isn't much use for him in this team anymore, especially if we sign another centre mid. Frees up a squad place as well.
This

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

So, do you rate Ando?

davisjw

I'd be crushed to see Park go and to play against us. Five mil is a good piece of business and I think he's worth it. He still has a solid three years left and his experience at United is worth another two mil in training.

Long may he drink frog juice!

Amir

If we need to clear spot in the squad, it's logical to let Park go. His energy was always a big part of his game and he may be losing it now with age. He's no more than fourth choice on the wing - way behind the other three - and I just don't want to see him in our midfield. He was a very good player for us and can still be a good squad player, but that'll be way down the pecking order.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Park will be a make weight in one of teh transfers I think. I hope Anderson makes it here. I do rate him. he has had bad luck with injuries and he was a bit silly when he went home. But we did improve his contract and extend it..so Fergie must rate him. i would be surprised if he did go.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
5 million would be a ridiculously good deal. He's coming off his worst season for us and looks to have lost one of his 5 lungs.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Cannot be true. United never get good money when we sell.

£5m for Park after that season?! Highway robbery.

prateik

We got 1m for Brown. 5m does seem a bit high. But then its QPR. They are paying Barton 80k :lol:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Because Koreans and Japenese are the same? FFS

Go to Korea, call them Japanese. See how well that works out for you :lol::lol::lol:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
And 5 million is probably an apology for fecking us over when they found out they were safe.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

:lol: First time i've heard this as a reason for selling someone. You'd swear he was a menace to society, regularly involved in high speed chases around Manchester in Grand Theft Auto style leaving a trail of destruction wiping out everything in his path.

VoetbalWizard

:lol: First time i've heard this as a reason for selling someone. You'd swear he was a menace to society, regularly involved in high speed chases around Manchester in Grand Theft Auto style leaving a trail of destruction wiping out everything in his path.
the only thing ando is wiping out is bem brazil's food-stock.

:lol:

Sylar

Because Koreans and Japenese are the same? FFS

Go to Korea, call them Japanese. See how well that works out for you :lol::lol::lol:
:lol: :lol:

5m would be way higher than I expected as its pretty much what we paid for him. Hes been fantastic for us. What a great important player hes been for us and has never let us down. Last season was a bit unfair to him especially being thrown into the City match after 4 months of no action. But tbh, he didnt let us down with regards to his defensive duties.

We will always have the song...

Bebe

I'd be sad to see him go, regardless of price. Great player for the club, great attitude. I'll never forget him completely nullifying Pirlo in the CL.

Why are we acting like he's already gone?
No idea, did this seriously start with a guy posting on a forum? Solid source then.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Did you see any of his games last season?

Been a great servant for us but the thing that made him great, his energy levels, has started to dip, only natural given his age. Time for him to move on.

Varun

Staff
:confused: I never said they are the same? :confused: You didn't know that Park can speak Japanese fluently?
Asked you a question Unam. You see Park as a midfield option? Thats why you'd rather have him than ando?

Ash_G

I agree, tbh 5 mil is more than we paid for him if I remember. It it is true then I think it's the best option for all parties, as you said he could do better but at the same time he probably wouldn't be as key a player in other teams.

Unam333

Asked you a question Unam. You see Park as a midfield option? Thats why you'd rather have him than ando?
Yes. I'm not writing off a player who served us well down the years after one season.

Varun

Staff
Yes. I'm not writing off a player who served us well down the years after one season.
He's never served us a CM though has he? He almost always played out wide but now we have several options much better than him. Its not about writing him off. He isnt a CM, he cant play the position. It'd be insane to let go of a young natural CM and then hold onto an ageing winger to play him at CM.

Ash_G

Park just isn't needed anymore. Out wide all of our attackers ate nature enough now that they can offer a consistent attacking output as well as reliable cover defensively. And that's not even taking into account parks clearly reduced stamina and strength levels. Added to that in welbeck and kagawa we have two other options who simply offer more from wide areas.

In the middle he's clearly not a centre mid, not for Manchester united. At some clubs he might do a job, particularly with the right partner and in a more advanced role with cover he'd probably be decent but again not at united.

Every player had their time. I thought parks came last season and it definitely has now in my opinion.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Last season he started nineteen games - eight of them in central midfielfd. His partners were:

Giggs (Pogba) vs Leeds, won
Cleverley (Pogba) vs Aldershot, won
Fletcher vs Sunderland, won
Gibson vs Palace, lost
Giggs & Jones vs Basel, lost
Rafael vs Blackburn, lost
Cleverley (Scholes) vs Ajax, lost
Carrick (Pogba) vs Athletic, lost

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cant say i would be suprised if he did leave this summer, i dont really think he has what it takes at the very highest level anymore.

But he will forever be remembered as a fan favourite, and will never be forgotten.

I think for his own career it would be a good move too, all he will do is sit on the bench and be a back up player for cup games etc.. he is better than that.

Hope it all works out for our park.

Mainoldo

He started CM against City (Giggs was wide left) with Scholes and Carrick
and he was shit! Started CM against Palace too... Guess what shit in that game too...

Either way done a great service for United but think he needs to move on now. No time for sentiments.

NM

and he was shit! Started CM against Palace too... Guess what shit in that game too...

Either way done a great service for United but think he needs to move on now. No time for sentiments.
Well then I should never hear you complaining when a player wants to leave either. No time for sentiments right?

:houllier:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It seems the pre-season poster has changed today, from this morning:

...to this one currently:

Spot the difference?