Television Parks and Recreation

Zen

Bart Macklin is legendary tbh...

Andy isn't great, but he's better than Tom. Two weakest main characters though. Both a bit too goofy for me. I don't mind goofy in bits, but it's pretty much 90% of both of their characters.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I didn't like Tom that much at first but I've loved him ever since Entertainment 720 (R.I.P), his relationship with Ann Perkins needs to end though and hopefully we'll see some more of Jean-Ralphio before the season ends.

The new episode is out early btw!

Cina

Bart Macklin is legendary tbh...

Andy isn't great, but he's better than Tom. Two weakest main characters though. Both a bit too goofy for me. I don't mind goofy in bits, but it's pretty much 90% of both of their characters.
Disagree. Andy and Tom are great. I actually have laughed more at Tom than Ron this season. The E720 stuff last season with him and Jean-Ralphio was pure comedy gold.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Andy in this ep :lol:

Apparently he improvised all of it.

Cina

Andy in this ep :lol:

Apparently he improvised all of it.
Really? It was great.

Loved this episode, I thought Paul Rudd was hilarious.

"Thoughts on abortion? Why don't we all just ... have fun!"

nemanja nemagic

Latest episode is out on the webz already!

One of the funniest in recent memory for me. Burt Macklin is God, and I even enjoyed Rob Lowe this episode. Terrific show.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Latest episode out early again!

Great finale. Thought it was the best episode in a while, the last couple ones have been a bit meh imo.

Andy and April :lol: I missed the Game of Thrones reference at first.

Jean-Ralphio cameo
caught me off guard :lol:

Cina

Ah I was wondering why it kept coming out so early. It's shown there on Tuesday's?

Last episode of the season, gay :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: Was great.

"Good call. Go with your gut."

Cina

Jean-Ralphio was :lol:

What a great finale. Shakes things up well for next season too.

kps88

Next season is going to be huge for this show. I really hope they don't go down the "everything back to normal" route.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
"In the event of an exact tie the seat is awarded to the male candidate and the female candidate will be put in jail"

:lol:

kps88

Whole bunch of NBC renewals announced including 30 Rock, Community and The Office (wtf) but not a peep about Parks and Rec. Colour me nervous.

Cina

It's always struggled for ratings, so fecking annoying because it shits all over every other comedy on TV. American's are just clueless.

Brophs

The One and Only
I read somewhere that it'll be renewed but for a short season. Not sure why.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's always struggled for ratings, so fecking annoying because it shits all over every other comedy on TV. American's are just clueless.
I'm going to become a superhero. Unnecessary Apostrophe Man.

Leg-End

The one current American comedy that I find funny and they might cancel it......mutha..

Cina

I read somewhere that it'll be renewed but for a short season. Not sure why.
Just been looking myself, it does look like it's getting renewed, but it's up for debate whether they'll give it 22 episodes or cut it to around 13 episodes.

Never know, it could be a blessing in disguise, it's going into its fifth season and by this stage a large amount of comedy shows struggle to maintain their consistency, The Office being a prime example. It really dipped in season 5. If there's only 13 episodes I'd wager they'll all be great.

Snow

Tina Fey said in her book that they always just heard it last minute if they were to get another season or not. They didn't have good ratings the first 2-3 seasons. Can't imagine why you would watch 30 Rock and not Parks and Recreation.

Brophs

The One and Only
Daft as it sounds, you might not love Season 1 but if you stick with it Season 2 picks up quite a bit.

GingerPrince11

It was always going to get renewed, it's easily one the best comedy out there in America, maybe behind Modern Family, and TBBT (CBS) has a huge following and is destroying NBC on Thursday nights. NBC's is in shithole right now, none of their shows are really doing well.

And Sally, keep with it, Season One isnt too bad, but a bit difficult to follow, it definitely gets much much better.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I actually didn't like this season too much.

I rate the show a lot for it's good mix of random jokes and character development, but I felt this season was a bit too sappy on the latter, and a bit too light on the former...Basically not enough Ron & Tom and a bit too much Leslie and Ben. Also Rashida Jones failed to get naked. AGAIN!...And really how long is that really acceptable?

Am I the only one?

Still a great show of course, but it aint a patch on seasons 2 & 3 for me.

Snow

I actually didn't like this season too much.

I rate the show a lot for it's good mix of random jokes and character development, but I felt this season was a bit too sappy on the latter, and a bit too light on the former...Basically not enough Ron & Tom and a bit too much Leslie and Ben. Also Rashida Jones failed to get naked. AGAIN!...And really how long is that really acceptable?

Am I the only one?

Still a great show of course, but it aint a patch on seasons 2 & 3 for me.
I found the 2nd half of it not to be as good as the first half. The first half was as good as the former two season. But with 30 Rock being average up until the 2 latest episodes and the 3rd season of Community being a bit wank this has stood out. Perhaps to it's benefit.

I'm beginning to think she'll never get naked at all. Maybe she's got one of them clauses like Ms. Clarke got herself.