Television Parks and Recreation

Cina

Anyone catch Thursday's episode? Absolutely hilarious. It's probably the most consistently funny show on TV.

Ron :lol:

"I'd like to thank you all for begin here, let's get started"
"Wow, great work ethic Ron"
"I was talking to the ribs."

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Last episode was alright for me. Some very funny spots but generally Ann character does nothing for me. Ben and Leslie are really funny together though. I could just watch a 20 min show of them and another 20 min show of just April and Andy as well.

I seriously wish that they go all they way with Leslie's campaign. For the show to continue to evolve, they need to take that big step instead of going back to the norm.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Recently started watching this. Am a few episodes into Season 2. Andy is awesome.

"Andy are you living in the pit?"

"What? Whaaaaaaat. Yes."

:lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Andy is good, but it's all about Ron, he is the best.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Andy delivers his line so well. He and April together are great.

It's rare to have two good and funny female characters on one show. 30 Rock kind of pulls it of but not really and on a different level.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm near the end of Season 3 now, this show is brilliant :lol:

Cina

Jean Ralphio is the best bit-part character ever

"I made my money the old fashioned way... I GOT RUN OVER BY A LEEEXUS!"

Snow

Is there anyone better at playing a funny normal guy that Louis C.K.? I love that guy.

Cina

"cookie tush
boo boo bear
Ann-berry sauce
Annie get your booh
Tommy's girl"

Tom is great :lol:

Another top episode, the show never fails me.

Cina

Why don't more people watch this show?

Last night's episode literally had me in tears at times.

Ben saying "oh I'm so sorry, is it cancer?" to the old guy :lol:

Ron to Ann...
"Hello Ann Perkins"
"That's the first time you've ever said my name correctly"
"Nonsense! We are close friends!"

:lol::lol:

Snow

They had to do something. Better than bringing in a new character that might ruin the whole dynamic. Who else is going to do it? Andy is too stupid and Ann is only there part time. She's a nurse after all.

RedMist99

Started watching this recently and I'm half way through the second series. I think it's fantastic.

Andy is pure comedy and you've just gotta love Ron Swanson. Infact, the whole cast is brilliant. The only person who doesn't shine as much as the others is April but she's still good.

How good is series 3?

Cina

Even better than series 2 I think. And 4 has been fantastic so far too. It's consistently awesome throughout.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Is this worth watching? Aziz Ansari's standup is awesome, but I watched the first two episodes and wasn't sold on it. What's it similar to? I couldn't watch the Office(UK) because it was just too awkward that it was painful to watch rather than being funny. :lol:

Cina

As I've said before, the first season of the show is wank, but it's only 6 episodes. I've friends who just skipped it and went straight to season 2, which is brilliant right from the get-go, so either suck it up and make it through the first 6 episodes, or skip them.

Either way, it's the best comedy show on TV. It's not "cringey" like the Office either.

Zen

The first season isn't great, but I didn't get the awful vibe most seem to, it's tolerable. I mean i'd take it over Two and a Half Men at it's "best" and Big Bang Theory ya know.

Start of season 4 is pretty stupid at times too, didn't like it, but it came around. Aziz and his little mate on the show are the weakest parts of it on the whole for me and their stuff at the beginning of season 4 is like 90% of why I think it's stupid.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well worth sticking with it but the one drawback I have is the main character...while Amy Poehler's undoubtedly funny she can get irritating quite easily. Although she's the only irritating one, and it's not that often. Severe shortage of links for Season 3 at the moment though, finished Season 2 last week and can't find anything for 3, I've even considered buying the DVD for it...ridiculous idea I know.

Zen

RS and co are dead after the Megaupload thing unless you are a pro with them.....well not dead, just slow as feck for the most part. Torrent it.

I'd recommend torrentday, since it's season packs are freeleech, but it's not open registration now and they don't give out invites easily -_-

Cina

Start of season 4 is pretty stupid at times too, didn't like it, but it came around. Aziz and his little mate on the show are the weakest parts of it on the whole for me and their stuff at the beginning of season 4 is like 90% of why I think it's stupid.
Whaaa'? Aziz and Jean-Ralphio are brilliant! Some of my favourite scenes have that fella in them.

Well worth sticking with it but the one drawback I have is the main character...while Amy Poehler's undoubtedly funny she can get irritating quite easily. .
Disagree on that one, they made her very irritating in S1 but they rewrote the character from S2 onwards and I've never found her remotely irritating since, just funny.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Whaaa'? Aziz and Jean-Ralphio are brilliant! Some of my favourite scenes have that fella in them.

Disagree on that one, they made her very irritating in S1 but they rewrote the character from S2 onwards and I've never found her remotely irritating since, just funny.
I agree. The scene with both of them dancing after Ben hits the party button had me in stitches

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah the whole Entertainment 7/20 thing was class :lol:

Cina

It was. So many great scenes, especially when Ben was just walking around the hangar and noticing all the ridiculous things they were spending their money on. Offering people free iPads on the way out :lol:

kps88

It was fecking depressing seeing Josh Lyman look that old.

Cina

It was very good as always. Andy and Ron were just great.

I found Rob Lowe annoying though, probably the worst character in the show, the only one that doesn't make me laugh.