Patrice Evra | 2008-12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RapidRed

Hes fecking amazing.

That run where he controlled VDS's ball on the chest and then powered past two players towards, laid it off to Rooney who set up Berba's first chance, really epitomises his contribution to our attack.

We miss him badly when he doesn't play.

DocRockter

Why isn't Evra mentioned in any of the "top11" or why isn't he nominated for any of the players awards?? His entire 07-08 season was breathtaking and there were maybe 3-5 games(mainly at the start of the season when we were shaky overall) when he wasn't playing his best game... OK we scored a lot of goals and a lot of credit goes to those guys but many times it was Patrice who turned the opposites corner or free-kick into a counterattack..

BahamaRed

Legend
From Mancunia........:)

January 12th, 2009
Evra Dedicates Result To Chelsea and FA… After Arsenal Fan Banned Him

The holes in the published FA report regarding Patrice Evra were embarrassing. The bias towards the Chelsea perspective were ridiculous, with emotive phrasings and opinions given to several United testimonies, yet no judgement was made upon those of Chelsea’s.
It was in this report that it was confirmed that despite having CCTV footage of the whole incident, in which a member of Chelsea’s groundstaff and Patrice Evra clashed, there is no footage of Evra punching Bethell. Regardless, he was still banned for four matches on Sam Bethell’s word, the member of their groundstaff who was shown to throw a punch at Evra and miss in the CCTV footage.

“I dedicate the victory over Chelsea to the English FA,” said Evra. “I’m doing so because I am still unable to stomach having been given a four-match suspension by them. It is very pleasing to beat Chelsea by three goals, as they are one of our rivals for the title. I hope in any event that this win will give us our confidence back. It is a long time since we scored as many goals in a game.”
It has also been revealed that the man who decided a four-match ban was appropriate for a punch they had no proof to suggest happened, Nicholas Stewart QC, is a season ticket holder at the Emirates. The report was put together by the FA Regulatory Commission for which Stewart is the chairman.
It has been reported that Sir Alex Ferguson was furious upon learning this and was planning to write about it in his programme notes for the Chelsea game. Fortunately, David Gill convinced him it wasn’t the right approach. Maybe Liverpool should think about employing a ‘David Gill’ to keep that fruit loop Benitez quiet

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/ev...-chelsea-and-fa-after-arsenal-fan-banned-him/

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Made a massive difference to our attacking play, best full back in the world by a long way IMO.
Bullshit! JT says Ashley is the best in the league and Wayne Bridge second best I am Sure Clichy is 3rd best and all these are in the league so how can Evra be the best in the world?

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I am pretty sure he took a pen in last year's Community Shield? Or in some other non-important fixture where Fergie had most of his defenders take the penalties.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
evra is God

but i never want to see him take a penalty again

dev1l

He was excellent today until Ballack came on and started trying to wind him up...... something really disgraceful from the German cnut even more considering that this was only the charity shield...

Dominant

from the exchange they had after the match just ended, it seems that ballack thought evra stamped his stomach deliberately after a tussle soon after ballack came in. He then get in a body check, and evra retaliate with a follow up sliding tackle, which ballack counter again with a shoulder nudge from behind. They seems to be ok afterwards. But seriously, both needs to grow up.

Bearded but no genius

He was excellent today until Ballack came on and started trying to wind him up...... something really disgraceful from the German cnut even more considering that this was only the charity shield...
Since 'NearlyMan' (as they call him in Germany) moved to the team where he thought was going to win all the silverware, he has won the FA Cup twice and only today was able to bag his first Community Shield.

That's compared to United, who he skipped over because we were a spent force, who have won the European Cup, three Premier Leagues, a League Cup, a World Club Cup, and even two Community Shields.

So cut him a little slack, he's just desperate for silverware.

DER COMMUNITY SHIELD:

SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Patrice was great today. No penalty taker though, bless him.

gbgary

ok, i love evra as much as anyone and i may be on an island here but...i think he needs to defend more. he gets so caught up in attacking that he leaves the already shakey defensive situation even weaker. for the time being, until everything gets back to normal, he needs to stay home and defend more. just be a little conservative with the attacks, pick and choose a little more. foster's gonna need all the help he can get.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
Evra is one of my favourite players, but his crossing should be better & I'd like to see him score a few too.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Shame that the penalty miss will overshadow it, but he was very, very good today. He made some absolutely crucial blocks and interceptions.

Kinky Melinky

from the exchange they had after the match just ended, it seems that ballack thought evra stamped his stomach deliberately after a tussle soon after ballack came in. He then get in a body check, and evra retaliate with a follow up sliding tackle, which ballack counter again with a shoulder nudge from behind.
You make it sound like Teken 2 or something (hehe)

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I'd very much like to see a Tekken match between Patrice and Ballack.

Status
Not open for further replies.