Patrice Evra | 2008-12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergies Formula

To be fair, Clichy and Evra are the best left-backs in the Premiership, and (whisper it) possibly the world. Very little separates the two. However, I think Evra's much more adventurous than Clichy and Evra is a lot better going forward than Clichy, while Clichy is slightly faster and has better positioning allowing him to cover well defensively. But because International football is so defensive, Clichy is probably a safer option. I think a lot of teams in the Premiership would prefer Clichy - because not a lot of teams would be able to cope defensively with a very offensive left-back in their team. On the other hand, we have Ferdinand and Vidic.

But Evra = :drool:
i disagree, i think evra is defensively better, and gets caugh out less, cliche seems to have a better cross mind, puts more whip on it and has better accuracy

Justin

while Clichy is slightly faster and has better positioning allowing him to cover well defensively.
Clichy doesn't have better positioning but his pace allows him to track back better defensively. Evra's better in the air as well.

nimic

something nice
Scout
For such a short guy Evra really has got something special going in the air. Like when he clears balls from the area with a scissorkick.

I love Evra. I love Evra. I love Evra.

JezChan

He's so good he deserves my 1000th post.

It was great seeing him tussle with Kevin Davies during the whole game. He will become a legend.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He is the highest order of being, unlimited by any physical restraints or properties.

Hoof the ball

It's true....When one meditates they connect with the Evra-Consciousness of the Universe in the hope that one day they will reach that point of Evricity.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Fantastic going down the left wing tonight, must have sprung free on the little one-two about six times, but West Ham still couldn't do anything about it. Shame it didn't result in a goal or two though.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
He was godlike today in fairness, what a player

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
My MOTM today.

Brilliant player.

Doogie

Evra: Win is for sweet FA

PATRICE EVRA has sarcastically dedicated Manchester United’s 3-0 humbling of Chelsea to the FA after completing a four-match ban.

Sunday’s blow out was the full-back’s first game since December 6 following a suspension for his part in the Battle of Stamford Bridge when United players clashed with Blues ground staff.

Evra, 27, said: “I dedicate this win to the FA because I still haven’t swallowed my four-game suspension. But I had a nice time with my family and a nice holiday.”

He did not look rusty after his break and set up Wayne Rooney with a great cross for the second goal on 63 minutes.

But the French international injured himself in the process and limped off three minutes later.

Evra hopes to be fit for tomorrow’s visit of Wigan and said: “I hope it’s nothing. It’s something I’ve had since the Romania match with France in October. My foot tensed up after the cross but for the moment I’m just thinking of the victory.

“It was a great match. It’s a long time since we scored so many goals so I hope it helps us get our confidence back.

“But the league title is not a sprint, it’s a long-distance race and we will have to keep chalking up the wins.”

------------
How can you not love this guy?

The bit in bold worries me a little though. Hope this won't affect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.