Patrice Evra | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm always right

I dont think SAF should have to account for every little thing that's going on. He's not that type of manager. Evra leaving the left flank exposed wasn't our only issue, mind.
Thing is, I believe SAF wanted him offering that out ball more than he was bothered about him staying back, hence why he didn't instruct him otherwise even when he could see he was fecked. I believe Evra is intelligent enough but that he is following orders.

You surely understand my point even if you're not in agreement.

RK

Some posters will have a go because we sat back too much.

Some posters will have a go because we didn't sit back enough.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I don't think it's anything to do with his age. It's the fact that he's been the first name on the team sheet for the bulk of 6 years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What the hell was that shitc**t doing for agueros goal? Instead or getting in and blocking him or taking the ball he just stood there and watched. Aguero ran right into the position evra should have been!. He had a good game but his defensive lapses are so fustrating

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
In hindsight he probably should have dropped in, but he probably thought that one of the 3 players nearest should be able to get the ball off Aguero. A moment of magic from a footballing genius, it's a hold your hands up moment. Move on.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I was telling my my step-dad literally seconds before the goal about how he comes infield to mark nobody and then inexplicably stands there while the play around him develops and he's caught out of position. It's absurd. Brilliant goal, no question, but it doesn't change the fact he does that all the time for no apparent reason. If he'd dropped back into position as any other left back would do it would've been preventable.

LR7

I was telling my my step-dad literally seconds before the goal about how he comes infield to mark nobody and then inexplicably stands there while the play around him develops and he's caught out of position. It's absurd. Brilliant goal, no question, but it doesn't change the fact he does that all the time for no apparent reason. If he'd dropped back into position as any other left back would do it would've been preventable.
It's only when you watch someone like Jones busting a gut to get on the end of absolutely everything that what Evra does (or doesn't do) stands out. In his defence he's probably played 40odd games this season(?) is he tired?

Platato

Psst!
Evra was the captain tonight and yet Jones was sorting him out throughout the game

Rossa

feck me you are negative. Evra was busting his lungs up and down that pitch yesterday. Aguero's goal was a class act - Jones was marking him and didn't do a good enough job. The out of position shit is getting a bit old. Evra was attacking like a mad man trying to get a goal - would it be too much to ask that someone else could help him out in defense?

That was criticism I never thought I would hear - f**** me - if he had tucked in like every other fullback would do: do you watch other fullbacks Brwned? Should Evra always stay out wide if and when a player goes wide, even when all our other players are tucked inside..........

I'm always right

feck me you are negative. Evra was busting his lungs up and down that pitch yesterday. Aguero's goal was a class act - Jones was marking him and didn't do a good enough job. The out of position shit is getting a bit old. Evra was attacking like a mad man trying to get a goal - would it be too much to ask that someone else could help him out in defense?

That was criticism I never thought I would hear - f**** me - if he had tucked in like every other fullback would do: do you watch other fullbacks Brwned? Should Evra always stay out wide if and when a player goes wide, even when all our other players are tucked inside..........
Agreed, 100%.

Adam-Utd

lol turn it in!. If that would have happened after evra had made a 60 yard run up the pitch and then caught out of position then sure, but he was standing in our own box just looking at aguero, watching him run passed our defence!

If evra was in the LB position in a perfect line with the rest of the decence aguero would have run straight into him.

I personally think he had a good overall game but mistakes like this cannot happen at the highest level.

Rewatch the goal and you tell me if evra did his very best to stop a goal being conceeded?

I'm always right

lol turn it in!. If that would have happened after evra had made a 60 yard run up the pitch and then caught out of position then sure, but he was standing in our own box just looking at aguero, watching him run passed our defence!

If evra was in the LB position in a perfect line with the rest of the decence aguero would have run straight into him.

I personally think he had a good overall game but mistakes like this cannot happen at the highest level.

Rewatch the goal and you tell me if evra did his very best to stop a goal being conceeded?
Not a chance in hell you'll get me to lay any blame at Evra there, it's fecking shite defending from Jones. If Jones doesn't sell himself then he dispossesses Aguero on that next touch, Evra can't be blamed for not guessing that Jones was gonna have a shit moment.

Adam-Utd

Defenders should work as a team. Not sure why Jones is having to track a player passed 2 other defensive players, without a tackle or block being made.

Aguero made great use of the space given, but that space should never have existed.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

It's not about tucking inside to form a tight unit, that's normal. It's that Evra regularly stands a few yards in front of the defence doing absolutely nothing - no-one's next to him and he's not blocking off any passes - and then he continues to just....stand there. Sometimes he'll try and recover his position four of five seconds later.

I agree that Jones over-committed and I think Rio could've probably done more so I'm not blaming Evra for the goal. He could've prevented it just like Rio, but Jones was the one who made the key mistake. I'm just annoyed that he does it all the time.

Platato

Psst!

Are you okay? Do a better job of appreciating nuance mate.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Evra's best game of the season. Stoke was targeting him with long ball, but he dealt with it almost flawless. Then he went up and down like Rafael but with more finesse. His movement up front on the wing was clever, always made himself available or to open up space for teammates.

Hats off, Patrice!

DevilRed

Other than a slip he was brilliant today. Dealt with everything on his side of the pitch and it still amazes me how quickly he gets up and down the pitch even at 31-32.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
so, the Daily Mirror has a story that Evra may go to Monaco, who are ready to pay around 10m for him. They say that his wife is homesick and wants to return to France

They also say that its likely that Baines will follow Moyes from Everton

kps88

Wouldn't be a big surprise. The way Albert spoke about him at our awards ceremony made it sound like he wanted to leave and SAF was the only reason he stayed all these years.

I don't think we'd miss him on the pitch if we got Baines in. It looks like he was a big character and influence in the dressing room though, which would be a miss.

Adam-Utd

He is a big character in the dressing room, and is a great outlet on the left but I dont think he is irreplaceable. Not sure if Baines would be the best option to replace him for the money desired, but I think he could make the step up.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'd miss him hugely if he were to leave, but if he feels it's time and there's a decent offer for the club on the table then perhaps it would be the sensible thing to do.

Baines seems to be the only replacement really, doesn't he? If Monaco pay enough to cover a respectable fee to Everton then it might be for the best.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If Monaco came in with silly money it'd be hard to say no. Would miss him greatly though, great personality and he's a fantastic dribbler going forward.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not irreplaceable as a player but I think he's someone you want at the club when things aren't going too well and this wouldn't be the best time to sell him

Shark

@NotShark
If Monaco came in with silly money it'd be hard to say no. Would miss him greatly though, great personality and he's a fantastic dribbler going forward.
That's what I think we'd miss the most from Evra. Defensively he may have declined, but he's always been a big part of our attacking play. It just won't be the same without Evra bombing it forward and putting in one of his awful but sometimes effective crosses when we're 2-0 down to some shit team. :lol:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
That's what I think we'd miss the most from Evra. Defensively he may have declined, but he's always been a big part of our attacking play. It just won't be the same without Evra bombing it forward and putting in one of his awful but sometimes effective crosses when we're 2-0 down to some shit team. :lol:
Baines would be a more than apt replacement and he'd surely be more consistent with his crosses even if he doesn't bomb forward quite as much as Evra.

Dominos

so, the Daily Mirror has a story that Evra may go to Monaco, who are ready to pay around 10m for him. They say that his wife is homesick and wants to return to France

She's waited a while to decide this hasn't she? Sounds like an unnecessary added bullshit.

Wouldn't be the worst time to let him go to be honest, although he had a decent season, he's way past his peak and regularly complacent defensively, at 32 it may be our last chance to get a decent fee.

Don't think Baines is the answer though, not the youngest, overpriced, barely a better defender than the current Evra. We should be going all out for Coentrao since he's up for sale.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I would rather he stayed. He's a great player, a great character and he's been crucial to our successes in the recent years. He can still give us at least 1-2 years of top performances. 10m is a good price for a 32yo left-back, but it's not a fee that should be of much significance to Manchester United.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Would be a big loss if he went IMO. Even though his defending hasn't been top class for a while (improved this year mind you), he is a real leader and driving force for the team. One of our most experienced players and always one who is driving forward when we are up against it. As has been said, a big money offer from Monaco would be hard to turn down for the club and for Evra too.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Great player and his insane form and durability from 2008-2010 gives him legend status at United if you ask me.

But if he wants he can go. Fabio and Buttner are more than capable enough to replace. In Fabio's case, he has the potential to be as good as Evra back in 2008. And who wouldn't want both twins as our fullbacks for the next 10 years?

And Baines? He's good with amazing delivery but he can't dribble and run like Fabio or Buttner and I think he lacks pace and lacks experience on the big stage in Europe facing world class forwards.

Fabio has played in a CL Final (was our best player after Rooney in that game) and is ready to start for United IMO.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Baines is the closet thing i've seen to Denis Irwin for what its worth

I think its paper talk about Evra though

coolredwine

lameredboots

Usual media response. Every foreign players wants to leave England because their wife/immediate family is homesick, blah blah. Happened with Vidic, Tevez, and now him (Must be more who I am missing right now). Evra has been here for 7 years now. His wife never felt homesick in the past 7 years.

Clowns. Each one of them!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Can't see him leaving. He signed quite a long term contract in the past year or 2 as well didn't he? Don't care about age, he's still one of the best around. £10million would be a daft price to sell him at. If he really wants to leave, and mad-bastard-rich Monaco are the suitors, they should rinse them for silly money.

walsh

I really think with SAF (and others) leaving, the importance of leaders like Paddy is as high as ever. I really hope he stays, his influence with the players and fans is excellent and he's truly one of our own.

RedRover

She's waited a while to decide this hasn't she? Sounds like an unnecessary added bullshit.

Wouldn't be the worst time to let him go to be honest, although he had a decent season, he's way past his peak and regularly complacent defensively, at 32 it may be our last chance to get a decent fee.

Don't think Baines is the answer though, not the youngest, overpriced, barely a better defender than the current Evra. We should be going all out for Coentrao since he's up for sale.
Disagree with that - an absolutely top class left back who I dont think would costs much more than £10 - 12 million.

Offers a good dead ball and can be a real threat going forward. Deserves a move to a bigger club where I personally think he'll step up.

RedRover

Can't see him leaving. He signed quite a long term contract in the past year or 2 as well didn't he? Don't care about age, he's still one of the best around. £10million would be a daft price to sell him at. If he really wants to leave, and mad-bastard-rich Monaco are the suitors, they should rinse them for silly money.
Why would they pay big money for him if he wants the move?

He's given the club good service and you can see why he would want to move back to Monaco. I'm not adverse to him staying but I think he'll move on if there is anything in teh suggestions that Monaco are intereasted. It could suit all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.