Patrice Evra | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Baines is the closet thing i've seen to Denis Irwin for what its worth

I think its paper talk about Evra though
Lets hope that if he signs with us, he'll come out of the closet quickly. ;)

Skywarden

Why would we sell him yet promote him as the frontman of the new kit announcement?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If I were in his position, I think I'd want to return to France, and I couldn't blame any player for wanting to join Monaco right now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Evra is up there with the likes of Rio, a real stalwart of the club and dressing room. I was moved to tears when Vidic and Evra passed the PL trophy to SAF for him to lift in the final game at OT. I would understand if he left - SAF was a big deal for him, so leaving now would feel like a natural break.

Likewise, next year Fabio and Buttner will need games as we will start to phase him out soon. He has one more gig left in his career, being selfish, he will get more games elsewhere than with us. And 3 final years in Monaco sounds like a right laugh!

If he does leave, he does so with my very best wishes and thanks - though a shame we cant formally say farewell to him.

Baines would be a great replacement - not sure why there is negativity around him. One player from Everton who would enhance the quality of our squad.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
pretty much how I feel Sammy

Very few players settle for life in the country that they are playing in. Most of them retire and go home or find a new club in their homeland. I can see why he might want to go, especially as Monaco will be an up and coming French project.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
From a financial view, it'd be excellent business to sell him for £10 million. Also, assuming we'd attempt to replace him with Baines, footballing wise it'd be sensible too.

A Manchester United legend, regardless. And I'm happy for him, either way.

ricky-romeo

if monaco come in with a 10-15 million pound offer i can see moyes and the board accepting it. evra is a big player for the team and massive character inside the dressing room but that amount of money represents good value for a 32 year old. that money received would straight away goes to the everton bank account for baines.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Everton will still probably want about 20 million for him, and Evra back when we signed him cost what, less than half of that. Don't know, could probably get Coentrao for about the same price.

Skywarden

You jest right?
I'm genuinely interesting of hearing when we've gone about doing business like that in the past. Unless the player himself wants out (RVP) then it's clear that he's part of the next season's squad.

No? Am I being too naive?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
You know the promo stuff with the players in the new kits were done weeks ago.

gza the genius

He's one of my favorite players and I'd be sad to see him go but that's more to do with his personality. He had a good season last year but at his age he's surely going to decline again and relatively soon, we might as well cash in while we can assuming he actually wants to leave. If he wants to leave that's fair enough, he's given us the best years of his career and now wants move closer to home and most likely on massive wages. His leadership will likely be the biggest loss.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I can't believe anyone's even entertaining the idea of us selling Evra at this point. Regardless of the good season he's just had, exactly how much do people want the club to be shaken up over the course of the next few months? Having players like Evra in the squad is going to be an integral part of us managing this inevitably challenging period.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can't believe anyone's even entertaining the idea of us selling Evra at this point. Regardless of the good season he's just had, exactly how much do people want the club to be shaken up over the course of the next few months? Having players like Evra in the squad is going to be an integral part of us winding up Suarez.
Fixed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I would hate Evra to leave the club, I don't think there is a player in the squad who loves the club more than him.He's a class player and a legend in my book

O'Sheady

Paddy had a good season but in a way I wouldn't mind if he left on a high. If Monaco want to give us a decent fee and he is happy to go back there then it makes sense for everybody. If he stays then I am happy also but you can't get away from the fact that he is thirty two and not everyone is going to be like Giggs.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I can't believe anyone's even entertaining the idea of us selling Evra at this point. Regardless of the good season he's just had, exactly how much do people want the club to be shaken up over the course of the next few months? Having players like Evra in the squad is going to be an integral part of us managing this inevitably challenging period.
I dont think any of us what this to happen.

But its understandable and if the right offer came in, probably good for everyone all round. Just the way it goes.

If SAF were still in charge, I doubt Evra would want to leave (assuming he does now). This is not an anti-Moyes comment, but with a new era starting, it would make as much sense to Evra to start that era in a new 'project' like Monaco, than with the new 'Moyes project.'

As I said, in this case, I'd respect his wishes, whatever they may be.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It won't be a surprise if Paddy wants to go, Albert Morgan revealed that Paddy wanted to go but SAF persuaded him to stay.

Having said that, I'll be said to see Evra go, he's one of the players who just get what's it's like to play for Man Utd. Strong dressing room personality aswell.

Rossa

Great player and his insane form and durability from 2008-2010 gives him legend status at United if you ask me.

But if he wants he can go. Fabio and Buttner are more than capable enough to replace. In Fabio's case, he has the potential to be as good as Evra back in 2008. And who wouldn't want both twins as our fullbacks for the next 10 years?

And Baines? He's good with amazing delivery but he can't dribble and run like Fabio or Buttner and I think he lacks pace and lacks experience on the big stage in Europe facing world class forwards.

Fabio has played in a CL Final (was our best player after Rooney in that game) and is ready to start for United IMO.
Basically, this is a great post, mate!

Baines lack pace for me - he is too easily out muscled and out paced by strong and/or fast wingers. Stats also favour Evra's defending over Baines', so those who think Baines will be a step up from Evra defensively will be hugely disappointed, imo.

If Moyes speaks truthfully about his willingness to give young players a chance, I think he should put his money on Fabio. If he plays rubbish in pre-season, then he might go for another player.

This said, I hope Evra doesn't leave, but I understand if he does. He's been a terrific player and a great figure at the club. To me, he will go down as one of the modern legends not brought up by the club alongside Rio and arguably Vidic.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I dont think any of us what this to happen.

But its understandable and if the right offer came in, probably good for everyone all round. Just the way it goes.

If SAF were still in charge, I doubt Evra would want to leave (assuming he does now). This is not an anti-Moyes comment, but with a new era starting, it would make as much sense to Evra to start that era in a new 'project' like Monaco, than with the new 'Moyes project.'

As I said, in this case, I'd respect his wishes, whatever they may be.
If I ever hear Evra use the word 'project' I may actually cry. :(

DevilRed

In my opinion Evra has been a major reason (along with Vidic and Rio) of why we continue to win title after title despite a "faulty" midfield. Clean sheets earn points and we haven't had a defence like this probably in the history of the club. Selling Evra would be absoltuely mental and I think him, Vidic and Rio still have a season or two left in them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Imagine how bad we would have been down the wings if it weren't for him and Rafa this season?

I'd be genuinely sad to see him go if he did decide to leave... I love the mental bastard.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Crackin servant over the years, but he is only going to decline from here on in. I'd take Baines for his free kicks and good attacking play. Besides, defensively, Paddy can be erratic as feck at times. And maybe Baines would get better at that side of the game when he has Rio and Vidic yapping at him?

Brophs

The One and Only
If Evra goes, I'm pretty certain it won't be Buttner that replaces him. He's nowhere near ready.

SATA

I wouldn't mind seeing Moyes giving Fabio a chance to stake his claim at left-back, both the twins at fullbacks are going to be brilliant to watch. Fabio's injury record is a concern though

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Crackin servant over the years, but he is only going to decline from here on in. I'd take Baines for his free kicks and good attacking play. Besides, defensively, Paddy can be erratic as feck at times. And maybe Baines would get better at that side of the game when he has Rio and Vidic yapping at him?
Did you have a premonition? Well it seems Evra wants to go back to Monaco according to the Independent today. Moyes wanting Baines is a consequence of that, not the other way around. It'll be a shame to see Evra leave, he's been a phenomenal player for us who really got what being a United player was all about.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wouldn't mind seeing Moyes giving Fabio a chance to stake his claim at left-back, both the twins at fullbacks are going to be brilliant to watch. Fabio's injury record is a concern though
IMO unless we have a left footed winger, I do not think we should have 2 right footers on the left flank.

Unless he is very good at crossing with his left, it will just make it too predictable what we are going to do.

I am personally in the opinion of having Baines, and then another world class youngster.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If the rumours are true and Evra's off that'll be a sad thing.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Yes, Lahm and Ribery were very easy to defend against because they were so predictable.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
I could fully understand him wanting to go over to Monaco. Move back to France, loads of money for his last contract, still playing with great players and a club he probably has a great fondness for. Would be sad to see him go though since he is such a great personality and just oozes the attitude of the club in his play.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd really hate it to see him leave.
Yep... one of those players who deserved a proper send off when he left for me.

I also don't think Baines is a massive upgrade on Evra at all, and still think Evra proved he was the best attacking left back in the league last year. Baines might be able to whip in a cross/FK, but his link up play down the left and dribbling isn't as good as Evra's from what I've seen of him.

buckooo1978

I'd hate to see Evra go but if it is Monaco we could probably get any potential Baines fee for Evra.

I think he was great last season, understands what it means to be a United player and it would be good to see him retire at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.